• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Yeah, Ash, Spawn and the Terminator are just about the best guest characters you could ask for. Joker will be... interesting. DC must be lightening up on their "not too brutal" policy for their characters if they're willing to let Joker get his face ripped o-
508a6d73ca2cbd59940b29bd72775dd2.jpg

... oh yeah.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Ash, Spawn and the Terminator are just about the best guest characters you could ask for. Joker will be... interesting. DC must be lightening up on their "not too brutal" policy for their characters if they're willing to let Joker get his face ripped o-
508a6d73ca2cbd59940b29bd72775dd2.jpg

... oh yeah.

There were rumors that it was this exact Joker as a guest character long before this list was datamined.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
If Reptile doesn't make it in eventually I'm legit shocked. Same with Cyrax/Sektor since half the work there is already done.

A dev just said in an interview that NPCs in the story does not mean they'll make the game and was specifically asked about the bots. He debunked the old rumor that after MKX Boon won't put any NPCs in story mode that aren't playable in the game.

Madman009

Oct 27, 2017
As we pointed out in the other thread earlier, there is a chance this list is not complete.

We know the first pack will have 6 characters in it, so it doesnt seem to make sense that the 2nd would only have three. And they would have locked down the guest characters as early as they could for both packs.

So something like a 4/2 split with mk/guests, with the second pack having 3 as of yet implemented MK characters still to be added.
Hmm could the last three possibly be Kronika,Sektor and Cyrax? That would be all the npc characters from story mode(as far as we know anyway) and I can't help but hope for Kronika since she was looking pretty cool from the trailers lol.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
I really thought they meant Persona 5 Joker and was confused for about 30 seconds until I remembered dc's joker

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
Kinda shocked that Pennywise isn't on here but it's still a great roster.

Pennywise ain't happening because of Stephen King most likely. He still has some rights to the IT franchise. Warner Brothers does not control it 100%. In another game, Dead by Daylight, the devs made many public statements about Pennywise and how much they loved the character. At that time a bunch of their high-tier employees were seen to have newly friended numerous Warner Brothers employees and Stephen King on Twitter. This went on for a few weeks until they clarified in a live stream that Pennywise will not be happening and that they never had any intentions for him.

Funny enough Ash is a DLC character in Dead by Daylight and is voiced by Bruce Campbell himself. So it's a good chance Ash in MK11 will be voiced by the legend himself.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ash? Who's that? First thing I thought was ash from Pokémon lol

15744937280_74f5165e5f_o.gif

Hmm could the last three possibly be Kronika,Sektor and Cyrax? That would be all the npc characters from story mode(as far as we know anyway) and I can't help but hope for Kronika since she was looking pretty cool from the trailers lol.

Kronika will not be playable, just like Corrupted Shinnok wasn't in MKX. Bot's are possible, but sounding unlikely.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
The MK choices are fine. I want to see Sindel interact with everyone she killed.

Guests are disgusting and I wish they never existed. I remember being pretty mad when I bought the season pass for MK9 and later they announced Freddy Kruger lol.

Sad for Reptile though :( he's been one of my favorites since MK2.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Shaggy and Talion leaked in Injustice 2 files? Still waiting for them.

But if true thats excellent choices for MK characters. My boi Fujin needs to be in.

This is different, these are listed as DLC directly in a file they didn't think was accessible on Switch.

It's not some leftover files.

I like it, but I really want the guests in the season pass.... I'm not paying for 5 returning characters, as hype as Shang Tsung is amazing with Cary.

Ash Spawn Terminator and (rumored) Joker inspired by the new movie ?

That's sick as fuck.

Batman Joker is interesting. I guess they couldn't get Pennywise? Or is it a feint? I thought Pennywise was a lock with the new movie coming. But I guess Joker has a movie too.

They said one of the guest they had couldn't be finalized because deal fell short and they were really disappointed. Probably was him.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
Joker is awesome. I actually love the guests and think that they bring in new fans while also adding cool new fight combinations.

I was hoping for Pennywise, but I guess two "clowns" would be a bit much.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
A dev just said in an interview that NPCs in the story does not mean they'll make the game and was specifically asked about the bots. He debunked the old rumor that after MKX Boon won't put any NPCs in story mode that aren't playable in the game.

Weird. Here's hoping PC modders can find a way to get them playable in single player.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
They already got me with the song in the trailer... now Spawn?

I'm throwing money into my TV and the game doesn't start.

Seriously, Ed Boon and the entire team at NR deserves a huge shout out for this game.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
This is different, these are listed as DLC directly in a file they didn't think was accessible on Switch.

It's not some leftover files.

I like it, but I really want the guests in the season pass.... I'm not paying for 5 returning characters, as hype as Shang Tsung is amazing with Cary.

Ash Spawn Terminator and (rumored) Joker inspired by the new movie ?

That's sick as fuck.

They said one of the guest they had couldn't be finalized because deal fell short and they were really disappointed. Probably was him.

Spawn and Ash is the most hyped I've been for guest characters and normally I never play as them. I don't give a fuck about any of the returning ones besides Shang though.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I (jokingly) blame James A Janisse from the Kill Count on series for making Ash from The Evil Within relevant again with his Kill Count series

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Come on. Where's Kobra, Ed Boon? There are thousands of us who would buy that DLC.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Interesting list, never been HUGE on guest characters but one or two is fine, MK brings too many though. The MK additions are actually overly disappointing to me aside from Fujin. Well, Sheeva is fine actually. Sindel and Night Wolf though? Meh.