• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Why only until April 3rd? What if things haven't gotten better by then? Surely it should just be an indefinite lockdown until things are sorted in some way?
The same reason your pilot will tell passengers on the tarmac that the mechanical issue will be resolved in 20 minutes, when it'll really take over an hour.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, but the numbers in Germany aren't great looking and following a similar path hence the concern. I feel they need to act sooner than later.

Yeah, I don't see how countries like Germany, France or Spain can get away with measures much smaller than the ones taken in Italy. Stay strong brother.

OP
OP
Dany1899

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
www.repubblica.it

Coronavirus, oltre 2mila malati in più, 1045 i guariti. Autocertificazione anche se si esce a piedi

Borrelli: "Dati appaiono elevati, ma sono nel trend dei giorni scorsi". La Lombardia vuole chiudere uffici, fermare bus e metro
torino.repubblica.it

Coronavirus, il presidente Cirio: "Pronti a chiudere il Piemonte"

Se il governo deciderà lo stop per la Lombardia chiederemo di essere inclusi anche noi"

They are evaluating if in Lombardia and Piemonte everything, expect pharmacies and supermarkets (possibly factories too), should be closed for at least14 days. This would mean that all restaurants, coffee shops, public transports, offices etc. would be closed the full day, not with restriction like now.
This would have an even more serious impact on the economy, but I feel we got to a point where it is the solution which must be adopted.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.repubblica.it

Coronavirus, oltre 2mila malati in più, 1045 i guariti. Autocertificazione anche se si esce a piedi

Borrelli: "Dati appaiono elevati, ma sono nel trend dei giorni scorsi". La Lombardia vuole chiudere uffici, fermare bus e metro
torino.repubblica.it

Se il governo deciderà lo stop per la Lombardia chiederemo di essere inclusi anche noi"

They are evaluating if in Lombardia and Piemonte everything, expect pharmacies and supermarkets (possibly factories too), should be closed for at least14 days. This would mean that all restaurants, coffee shops, public transports, offices etc. would be closed the full day, not with restriction like now.
This would have an even more serious impact on the economy, but I feel we got to a point where it is the solution which must be adopted.

It's probably necessary at this point. Going to be really hard for some companies though.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.repubblica.it

torino.repubblica.it

It infuriates me to see some countries see this and do jack shit, no preparation for what's to come. We already have multiple examples now (China, Iran, Italy, South Korea) of how it spreads and how you can't just rest on your ass and wait for it to arrive to make a move.

OP
OP
Dany1899

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
It infuriates me to see some countries see this and do jack shit, no preparation for what's to come. We already have multiple examples now (China, Iran, Italy, South Korea) of how it spreads and how you can't just rest on your ass and wait for it to arrive to make a move.
We have been really un lucky to have been the first country in the West to experience this situation. But the same could happen to other countries as weel if they are nor prepared. Numbers in France, Spain and Germary are already worrying, it seems to me to see the same initial situation in Italy, where we were able to count each single new positive case at the beginning..

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I work from home in the UK anyway so this isn't too much of a disruption at the moment. But I do worry what the hell we're going to do if they close the schools down.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
Like the Netherlands. One of the last countries to get covid-19. With all the information they have, they did jack shit. All they tell you now is to wash your hands often and since yesterday don't shake hands. All they do is home quarantine. How is home quarantine gonna work? I mean, you go to the toilet, you cough in the hallway, you cough in the toilet and your family members make use of the toilet etc., they go out to work and infect other people. The government let people go to Northern Italy, they let them come back from such places and don't stop them at the borders. They still act covid-19 is nothing. From zero cases to 384. I bet it's gonna be around 500 after today. They are now no.14 with most covid-19 cases in the world in about a week/2 weeks time.

Gabe

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Happy birthday to me! What a weird circumstance XD

For my fellow Italians: Comunque, fare la quarantina in quarantena non è da tutti eh!

Oct 26, 2017
No, but the numbers in Germany aren't great looking and following a similar path hence the concern. I feel they need to act sooner than later.
I agree. Germany and the rest of Europe should learn from this. I'm the future we need a EU wide Plan of Action to deal with stuff like this.

Don't let yourself be dragged down by this though. For your own sake and those close to you. Just make sure that you stock up on essentials and also importantly some comfort food.

As of today I am in lockdown with my elderly parents as my father has a slight fever. At the very least my Wife in Vienna doesn't have to work until April but the reaction there is sporadic and nonsensical at best. Fitness centres for example are still open. Go figure. Here in Northern Italy it's relatively calm (though hospitals are completely fucked right now) Since I am allowed to at least go buy groceries I will get to go outside from time to time, though I'm limiting it as much as possible. (Shop is just a few hundred meters away)

Happy birthday to me! What a weird circumstance XD

For my fellow Italians: Comunque, fare la quarantina in quarantena non è da tutti eh!

Happy Birthday

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I agree. Germany and the rest of Europe should learn from this. I'm the future we need a EU wide Plan of Action to deal with stuff like this.

Don't let yourself be dragged down by this though. For your own sake and those close to you. Just make sure that you stock up on essentials and also importantly some comfort food.

As of today I am in lockdown with my elderly parents as my father has a slight fever. At the very least my Wife in Vienna doesn't have to work until April but the reaction there is sporadic and nonsensical at best. Fitness centres for example are still open. Go figure. Here in Northern Italy it's relatively calm (though hospitals are completely fucked right now) Since I am allowed to at least go buy groceries I will get to go outside from time to time, though I'm limiting it as much as possible. (Shop is just a few hundred meters away)

Happy Birthday
I don't think they will wait that much longer until they close the schools etc. here in Germany, too, right? They already started closing theaters, no more soccer matches with an audience etc.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
If it's between closing everything for a month, and risking tens of thousands of deaths for a slim chance of not closing everything for a month but then having to close everything anyway, it seems like the latter is winning every time.

Ludon Bear

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 4, 2020
If it's between closing everything for a month, and risking tens of thousands of deaths for a slim chance of not closing everything for a month but then having to close everything anyway, it seems like the latter is winning every time.
I can understand the problem. Many people could lose their jobs, supply chains and infrastructure breaking down could create even more dangerous problems and you would create even more panic with even worse outcome (like the prison riots in Italy or people hording even more supplies), if you go all in too soon. This is an important balancing act between keeping society running and fighting the virus, since acting to soon can have long term consequences, even if the virus is already beaten.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
Italy-era there's an audio people are sharing that says Italy looks like a war zone with people dying in hospital hallways...

Is there any truth to that?

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
It's insane how bad this is getting. I was recovering from a deep depression but this has tossed me right back into it. Just sitting here, I have issues with physically shaking and constant negative thoughts spiraling into oblivion.

Damn man, close your internet and get some fresh air. Nothing you can do except wash your hands and take care of yourself, which you are clearly not doing now.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Like the Netherlands. One of the last countries to get covid-19. With all the information they have, they did jack shit. All they tell you now is to wash your hands often and since yesterday don't shake hands. All they do is home quarantine. How is home quarantine gonna work? I mean, you go to the toilet, you cough in the hallway, you cough in the toilet and your family members make use of the toilet etc., they go out to work and infect other people. The government let people go to Northern Italy, they let them come back from such places and don't stop them at the borders. They still act covid-19 is nothing. From zero cases to 384. I bet it's gonna be around 500 after today. They are now no.14 with most covid-19 cases in the world in about a week/2 weeks time.

that is after testing started in earnest though. What are governments supposed to do? I think limiting free movement of people is one serious breach of personal freedom and should only be done in the most serious cases. The only thing I'm faulting the government for is not stopping large gatherings like in France and not stockpiling disinfectants.

OP
OP
Dany1899

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Italy-era there's an audio people are sharing that says Italy looks like a war zone with people dying in hospital hallways...

Is there any truth to that?
The only thing I found about this is in this article:

milano.repubblica.it

Coronavirus, polemica sul tweet del sindaco Gori: "I pazienti che non possono essere trattati vengono lasciati morire"

Ha poi detto che avrebbe dovuto usare più delicatezza, ma confermando la sostanza. Gallera: "Smentisco che si faccia selezione su chi debba essere …

Sono girati messaggi e audio allarmanti che descrivono una realtà sbagliata.
Alarming messages and audio are circulating, describing a wrong reality.

I would say (and hope) that the audio you received and/or heard of is a fake audio. And I can confirm that a lot of fake news are circulating, at least in written form, in Whatsapp chats where not young people are present.

Gabe

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Italy

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I have family in the south in Campania..... and I call them every day to make sure they are ok. This shite is starting to really scare me though.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
I live in bergamo province and I hear ambulances going every 10 minutes.
One is passing by while I'm writing this.

My emotional balance is all over the place at this point.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dany1899

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
At 9.40PM CET (around 40 minutes from now), Giuseppe Conte will announce new updates.
It seems it will be a Facebook Direct, I am still trying to understand how important these updates will be.

twitter.com

Agenzia ANSA on Twitter

“#coronavirus Alle 21: 40 il premier Conte parlerà in diretta Facebook SEGUI LIVE su https://t.co/VHYKH54BcC #ANSA Palazzo Chigi - Presidenza del Consiglio dei Ministri https://t.co/i21AF2oBjL”

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dany1899

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Restaurants, coffee shops, hairdressers, pub, and more in general, non-essential business activities will be closed from tomorrow in all of Italy.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Restaurants, coffee shops, hairdressers, pub, and more in general, non-essential business activities will be closed from tomorrow in all of Italy.
Damn getting even more serious. Lockdown 2: lock harder.

Here in Belgium they announced the first real measures as well for events, but more impactful are the new nursing home rules. You can't visit the elderly in nursing homes for 40 days. My grandma is in one so we can't see her til after the Easter break. Nurse called this evening to let us know we can't visit anymore.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also Rugani from Juventus has the coronavirus. Serie A was already stopped but this will likely cause a chain reaction that stops UEFA competitions alike.

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
5 days inside

118971.gif