• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

navanman

Oct 27, 2017
Dublin
WOW. That is massive.

How can it work unless you close the border stopping people entering country again after quarantine period?

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Woah crazy. I could see something happening here in Germany as well in a few weeks. Toilet paper sales are gonna skyrocket again

Newlib

Oct 25, 2017
WELP. When the World's tenth biggest economy shuts down for business for the foreseeable future, can't see how this doesn't just increase the worldwide panic.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
Thread title should be updated.

This is incredible, if it's actually enforced...

If it's anything like the original lockdown...

www.bbc.com

Coronavirus: Death toll jumps again in Italy's 'darkest hour'

Fatalities and infections increase amid nationwide prison riots over measures to control the outbreak.

On Sunday, we drove up to the edge of the exclusion zone. We were expecting to see roadblocks or controls in place and we didn't see anything at all.

Cars were going in both directions. It seemed as though the control of this restricted zone was quite loose, and that was a bit difficult to understand.

Is this simply too big an area to control and close off in the heart of Europe, or are the restrictions gradually coming into place?

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I picked a heckuva year to be comfortable enough with my Italian speaking/comprehension to finally visit Italy

OP
OP
Dany1899

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
E c'hai ragione!

Listen, I'm also Italian. Trying to being apocaliptic is my way to cope. Sorry if it seems insensitive.
Don't worry, the situation is really bad, everyone is stressed or confused.
We must be strong, we must hope and we must respect all the rules.
There will be many people who won't respect them, though. Now it is time to be stricter about them.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the Italians out there, remember to slap the people who are doing the movidas to this day, those who escaped from the red zone on Saturday night because of the imminent lockdown, those who still group up in hundreds or thousands for futile meetings (it's not much of a consolation that other countries have dumb people too). You can thank them in the name of the entire country, too, because much of this wouldn't be necessary if people weren't fucking dumbasses, so much that the actual prime minister had to call out specific examples of what these idiots were doing. If these people have kids one day, I hope they'll talk about that time their parents, grandparents, teachers, bosses, neighbors risked their lives and lost a lot of individual freedom partially thanks to people who are unable to follow simple instructions.

Cheapstare

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Manage it meaning stop living? I'll go insane.

We will all need to take extra care of our mental health. There are ways to manage, I don't know if you're in therapy at the moment but there are plenty of professionals who have already started doing online sessions. I hope this thing at least brings the question to the forefront in Italy, it's vital in this moment.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Basically what any country facing an increasing infection rate should do.

When your government doesn't see the DOW JONES as its constituent, though.

Mazz

Nov 11, 2017
Italian here, I'm glad this decision was made. The restriction in the first town hit by the virus (Codogno) are working, today they got zero new cases.
It's something that every country is bound to do sooner or later, you can't trust people to handle themselves responsibly.
Not sure how this means "stop living", I've got a metric shit ton of things to do to keep myself busy.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So, as I'm struggling to read for detailed info, with this lockdown and restriction to leave house outside of work and/or health, can I still leave for doing my groceries? Will supermarkets even be open after I leave the job?

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
I am glad this decision was made, and it was made quickly. After so many people fled to the south following the leaked decree (what fucking idiot thought it would be good to leak that?!) it was the only logical choice. A girl paid 1200 in cold, hard cash for a Taxi to take her to Rome overnight for crying out loud.

Now I am worried about my folks that are visiting for work and are supposed to fly out next Monday to go back to Greece. Are they screwed with this latest decision?

So, as I'm struggling to read for detailed info, with this lockdown and restriction to leave house outside of work and/or health, can I still leave for doing my groceries? Will supermarkets even be open after I leave the job?
Supermarkets will be open, with the exception of malls that will stay closed during the weekend. There are no restrictions on leaving your home, they just strongly advise against it.