• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

D A R K

Banned
Jun 5, 2021
I'm upset that they put all the launch games except Sackboy, i wanna play it but im not gonna pay 70$ for a platforming game

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok so basically I was planning on buying Death Stranding Directors Cut for the PS5 brand new.

Is there no point and should I just buy one of these subscriptions instead?

Also when is this out in the UK,
Well, it depends. Do you want to own it perpetually or are you okay with having to continuously pay for a subscription to be able to access it?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Looks pretty good so far. This doesn't seem to be everything either yet too which is exciting.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
That's a great list of games. I had a very strong feeling that Demon's Souls PS5 was going to be included with this but I'm also happily surprised to see GoT PS5 as well.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
$100/yr for a tier that includes pretty much every major PS4 and PS5 exclusive, sans the ones from the last year or so, is a phenomenal deal. When I got my PS5 late last year, I bought Tsushima, Demon's Souls, Returnal, and even went back and got a couple of latter PS4 games like Gravity Rush 2 that I'd missed. If this service would've been around then, I would've gladly paid the $100. It's not a Game Pass competitor, but it's also almost half the price.

I'm a little bummed about the PSP collection (or lack thereof), but I suppose that's what PPSSPP and my Backbone on my iPhone are for (for all the PSP games I legally own the ROMs of).

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
That's a great list of games. I had a very strong feeling that Demon's Souls PS5 was going to be included with this but I'm also happily surprised to see GoT PS5 as well.
Ghost of Tsushima's been on my list for a while. So glad to see it there. Considering a physical copy of the Director's Cut is still going for $90 fucking dollars Canadian on Amazon, it almost pays for itself.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Probably smart of them to focus on offering better newer games than putting attention/effort on the old stuff. That being said, the classic lineup that I'm seeing is really weak, and as a somewhat caught up PS5 owner, nothing in the new lineup does anything for me either. Looks like I'm going to stick with the base plan for the time being.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
The Japanese line up shows less classic games than here in the West.

blog.ja.playstation.com

新しいPlayStation®Plusのゲームラインナップを一部公開:『アサシン クリード ヴァルハラ』 『Demon's Souls』『Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut』『NBA 2K22』に加えて、今後も続々とサービスに追加!

まもなくサービスを開始する新しいPlayStation®Plusの対象タイトルを追加公開! 『Demon's Souls』『アサシン クリード ヴァルハラ』 などの人気作品や、『サルゲッチュ』などのクラシックタイトルをお […]

Also, they removed the line about past purchases of PS1/PSP games...

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
hmmm does that PS2 list suggest that it's going to be using the same emulation as what was already on the PS4?

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
So I see a few games I wanted to buy, but never did.

Good for me at least, lol. Can probably take them off my wish list.

Also, like some said, the rotation schedule will be interesting. Hopefully discounts when the game is getting ready to leave.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Something that sucks is that it seems like PS2 games that are already available on PS4 are what are being used for this service currently which probably means it's just those shitty PS2 Classic versions. That sucks because the emulation for those PS2 Classics on PS4 was absolutely rotten, particularly from an input latency standpoint and not to mention from a features standpoint (or lack thereof). Also, I want to say some number of PS4's PS2 Classics just straight up don't work on PS5 (probably not an issue with any of the games listed)? I really hope Sony uses this as an opportunity to update the emulation in those releases via patches otherwise that's now PS2 and PS3 that are absolutely not selling points for me as it relates to this service.

DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
Glad I waited on the PS5 versions of Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding. Dunno when I'll get to them, but it's pretty awesome that they're on there.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Though I've played most of the PS4/5 games on the list that I'm interested in, I know a handful of people IRL that have been interested in a big chunk of that list but haven't had the money to buy them. I'll send them the blog post and see if they're in the money for the new sub.

I think it looks great from the standpoint of onboarding gamers new to the PS ecosystem.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Alright this got my attention. Several games my brother and I want to play, so if we split the subscription it's a win win. And it's cheaper in LATAM ($40, $67, $77, though no streaming officially supported here)

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That's pretty good,
I Could definitely see myself subbing for at least a few months when I can finally track down a PS5 just to play Demon Souls and Ghosts of Tsushima especially since either of those games don't really seems to be dropping in price too much.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
hmmm does that PS2 list suggest that it's going to be using the same emulation as what was already on the PS4?
I wouldn't say definitively one way or the other. The PS2 games on the list are all from the PS2 on PS4 program, which is already available on PSNow. We won't be able to say for sure until they add something new.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
This is a fantastic list! Going to give GOT DC and Death Stranding DC and Returnal a shot!

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
Ghost of Tsushima's been on my list for a while. So glad to see it there. Considering a physical copy of the Director's Cut is still going for $90 fucking dollars Canadian on Amazon, it almost pays for itself.

I've been wanting DeS PS5 and GoT for a while, so it's great for me. If Ratchet was on here it would basically eliminate my PS5 wishlist entirely. If this list is any indication of future additions, Ratchet will show up eventually too. So if you're patient like me this subscription might eliminate any need to buy first-party Sony games again, putting them in the same bucket as Xbox. Basically Nintendo games will be the only ones I'm actually buying a la carte from here on out.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
I'm actually really pleased with these announcements. I'll sign up for Extra, plus I get to play the PS1/PSP games I already bought (if they ever release, but still) without going to Premium. This is a really solid catalog with basically every game I've been wanting to play minus Ratchet.

SiamShade

Jul 11, 2020
I don't think they've said yes or no yet but they didn't always on PS Now. Many first party titles were only available for three month blocks, others were premenant additions.

I haven't seen any confirmation either way through the released information but they'll probably cycle some in and remove some like they did with the old psnow service.

Don't know how to feel about this. Not super compelling IMO.

tiza blanca

May 9, 2020
  • Marvel's Spider-Man | Insomniac Games, PS4
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales | Insomniac Games, PS4/PS5

I was looking forward to play this but well…
Otherwise looks decent. Just that I was going to upgrad right when the service goes on line but I guess I'll wait and see for a bit.

Ikarus

Oct 30, 2017
Really great offering. Looking forward to the full list. I'm wondering now what the monthly updates will look like. Premium looks like a steal for $10 a month on a yearly basis.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
Better buy cards NOW if you want. Sony has confirmed they are removing all pre-paid cards from the market and the only way to get the service and any deals on it they may offer is through them from now on.

That's why the two April deals on this service were so crucial and why they both spanned several of pages on this forum.
Sony is removing PSN cards from the market?
This is news to me, I only knew about old PS Now cards

Still avalaible here in Germany from every retailer, including discounted ones on CD-Keys, Eneba or Instant Gaming

www.cdkeys.com

PLAYSTATION STORE GIFT CARD - 100 EUR (Germany)

PlayStation Network (PSN) Karte kaufen - 100 EUR (Deutschland) ✔️ CD Key ✔️ Sofortiger Download ✔️ Fantastischer Preis ✔️ Digitaler Download ✔️

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It's a nice set of games but I already own or have played most of them, so there's really nothing for me. This is why day one releases are so critical for me to spend money on a sub - and I realise they're not doing that for first party games but surely they could do some day one indies etc?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
If PS1 and PSP games aren't getting trophies, this is a huge miss for me. Glad to see they are carrying forward licenses from the PS3 gen for these games but if it's at the cost of new features then bah

Hard disagree. Adding trophies adds yet another hurdle for these games to be re-released, and I never would have expected Sony to honor purchases I made 10-15 years ago on PS3. If/when I can redownload Suikoden and Mega Man X4 to my PS5, I'll be encouraged to buy even more retro games.

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, can't see any Suikoden game on that list. Fix that immediately, Sony! Just send Konami some bitcoin!

Mona-chan

Oct 31, 2017
This is a fear but I am really hoping that they do actually add some new PS2 classics to the selection eventually. I didn't expect the PS2 games to straight up just be the PS2 Classics from PS4 that were already on PS Now and nothing else.

More than that, I hope they've fixed them because many of them are totally bust on PS5. Ape Escape 2 is seizure enducing, all of the textures and 2D UI elements are broken and/or strobing.
None of those classics have been updated for PS4 Pro/PS5 either on a technical level, they still run at 896p, have pretty bad input lag as well.

I hope we either get some PS2 remasters or we get games that are emulated but aren't totally relying on the old PS2 on PS4 library.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
The Japanese line up shows less classic games than here in the West.

blog.ja.playstation.com

新しいPlayStation®Plusのゲームラインナップを一部公開:『アサシン クリード ヴァルハラ』 『Demon's Souls』『Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut』『NBA 2K22』に加えて、今後も続々とサービスに追加!

まもなくサービスを開始する新しいPlayStation®Plusの対象タイトルを追加公開! 『Demon's Souls』『アサシン クリード ヴァルハラ』 などの人気作品や、『サルゲッチュ』などのクラシックタイトルをお […]

Also, they removed the line about past purchases of PS1/PSP games...

The Worms games which are missing were never released in Japan (PAL and NTSC-U only), so I guess that confirms there will continue to be regional differences.

Freeglader

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
Hell yeah! I can finally play the superior version of Demon's Souls! I think I'll try for the platinum, but I'm already dreading that pure bladestone grind.