• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Apple always been stingy with their ram. How can you call something the MacBook Pro when it only has 8GB of ram?

Nov 13, 2017
User Banned (1 week): platform wars, inappropriate joke
4GB and it's still going to outperform every android out there.

"Hoes mad."
- Leviticus 20:13

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yet iPhones always come out on top compared to all the other high budget phones on the market during tests

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Apple has become conservative with ram. But that being said, I dont think I ever would notice a lack of ram on my iPhone. iPad yes, iPhone no

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Ay dios mio i totally misread that thread title as "incel pro" lol

Anyways ill just wait on the 12. Keep hearing online that it will be the big refresh as opposed to this

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are conflicting tweets directly under the one in the OP that say the pro models do come with 6GB.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Wake me up when Android phones stop shitting the bed whenever they're introduced to any sort of video rendering. People can scoff at the "Pro" moniker all they want, but the benchmarks, app launching speed, and render tests speak for themselves.

Thunder11

Oct 27, 2017
those geekbench 5 scores are ridiculous

I imagine it isn't even using modern UFS 3 storage either. Such a pro device.

a weird post considering Apple has historically spanked it's competitors in terms of storage speed

Btw whats with your blatantly inflammatory posting style? have you used an iPhone? How often do you run into app refreshes with normal activity?

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Ram isn't that important. But I still cant believe they are shipping 64gb flagship phones for 1250€. Insanity.

Lagspike_exe

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
My 4GB RAM XS never glitched once since I bought it. And iOS 13 is even quicker, so I don't see what the exact problem is here.

Mr. Wonderful

Oct 27, 2017
How dare people get upset about planned obsolescence.

How dare people get upset that 5 years from now, iOS 18 is going to be limited by the 4GB of RAM in the iPhone 11 instead of a much more manageable 6GB or 8GB.

How dare people get upset that Apple has an app multitasking model that, while wonderful for the time, has started to get embarrassing over the last couple of years, and have had to force them to repeatedly focus on "Improved app startup performance!" because apps are constantly having to startup.

Come on, everyone. I'm the first one to decry spec wars, but this is a big deal. Especially with as expensive and as long as we are keeping iOS devices these days.

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What is the big deal about 6gb of ram? This ain't Android lol in which chrome ends up using all the ram lol.

My iPhone kill app in the background like crazy. Yes surprisingly more ram will help even with the optimization of ios. No we don't need 12 GB like Android but man. Do we even need to defence Apple for cheap out expensive phone?

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
With the phones as well optimized as they are, who cares.

If you're playing a game and switch over to the camera, most times the game will reload. Also playing two demanding games will cause one to reload if you aren't switching between them often enough to keep them at priority in memory. All this with a XS Max (4GB). It either needs more RAM to stop failing in these circumstances or Apple needs to continue optimizing better.

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointing for sure. Pro my ass. I still get reloads a lot on my XS which has 4GB

This. I been getting the same on my max, so upgraded. My work note 10 plus with 12gb ram runs smooth. I'm guessing the Pixel 4 will atleast upgrade its ram.

So if it's true then very disappointing. I'm sure ifixit will reveal all on Thursday night.