• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't care less about her gimmick. Statlander's appeal to me is solely due to her in ring performance. She's among the best women wrestlers in the world, and I'm glad they're pushing her towards likely being the one to take Jade's title. The character work can come along the way.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
TBF Sasha should absolutely go over anyone in the AEW woman's roster. There's no one in that division who can even come close to her star power.

I was thinking the same. Rosa, Jade, whoever. If Mercedes shows up to AEW, give her a belt.

But I feel like Discovery will be breathing down Tony's neck if she becomes a free agent, so I doubt he'd mess that up.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Statlander is amazing in the ring and equally terrible on the mic. She's been coming off as a natural heel for the last 3-4 months which isn't what they are wanting.

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
As far as I can see, Jade has not yet had a singles match against:
  • Kris Statlander
  • Shida
  • Riho
  • Toni Storm
  • Rosa (though she did win a three-way match vs Rosa vs Nyla)
  • Nyla (same)
  • Mercedes Martinez
  • Deeb
  • Britt Baker
  • Jamie Hayter
  • Tay Conti (heel variant)
Still some room to keep the streak going, especially if Jade officially turns face.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Really enjoyed Stalander-Velvet, no idea why the crowd was supposedly weird with that one, it was one of the best AEW womens TV matches this year.

Main event was also great.

Opener was ok, I don't care about DO now Stu is gone and they're trying to force 10 in his place. HOB should've gone over much stronger.

Don't need to see "Big Damo" again.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
A good use of Stu would have been him showing anger at everyone involved in the current TNT title scene for disrespecting Brodie's belt and coming to reclaim it for the Dark Order. I can't see any other member pulling off the seriousness needed for that. OH WELL

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Looking forward to seeing what Kris and Ruby can put together next week. They had a TBS tournament match that I thought was pretty good, but I think Ruby in particular is in a better place now and should be able to put on a banger.

Last edited:

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
I love Stat but… give me Hayter beating Jade. Jade can then move toward a program with Rosa while there's a built in feud with Hayter/Britt to generate initial crowd investment. Hayter can carry anyone to a banger and she's good on the mic when given the opportunity so why not?

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
To me there's really only two options with who beats Jade for the TBS title.
- New signee to the company to immediately make them a big star
or
- Have an established star beat Jade to rise in the ranks. To me there's only four women who can do this: Nyla Rose, Kris Statlander, Hikaru Shida & Jamie Hayter. All of those women are booked strong enough to beat Jade. Statlander is probably the most likely due to her being a face and going to the semi finals of The Owen Cup. She also can match Jade in the strength department too.

As for the Owen Tournament, I feel the finals will be Kris Statlander vs Toni Storm (With Toni winning) & Kyle O'Reilly vs Adam Cole (With Cole winning). Having your inaugural winners be excellent, well traveled wrestlers will add some prestige to the tournament. Even though Cole isn't a face, he's still extremely over with the crowd.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
With the TV deal coming up this year I had a thought that maybe having a *insert TV network here* Title may potentially be a bad look and off putting when you're shopping AEW to rival networks.

It could also just be a continuation of what they're doing with writing Cody out of AEW history by redoing his big moments. The TNT title is Cody's belt and now it longer exists.

TBH the whole title situation feels like it's a shot at Cody, characters playing face one week and heel another, ignorant to what the crowd feeling is about them, going away and immediately getting the title back.

Yeah it's petty but TK has shown he can be petty when he wants.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Which match gets added to the pre-show alongside HOOKHAUSEN vs. Tony Nese and Mark Sterling?

Not pictured: Owen finals. 10 matches total on the main card if they don't add one of these to the pre-show.

Jade vs. Anna or Death Triangle vs. HoB feel like the most likely matches, though I think Jade is way above pre-show status at this point.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Which match gets added to the pre-show alongside HOOKHAUSEN vs. Tony Nese and Mark Sterling?

Not pictured: Owen finals. 10 matches total on the main card if they don't add one of these to the pre-show.

Jade vs. Anna or Death Triangle vs. HoB feel like the most likely matches, though I think Jade is way above pre-show status at this point.

Jade is above preshow matches but that match isn't. didnt the HoB just have a preshow match? I checked and they faced penta, pac, and Erick red beard.Hook vs qt Marshall at revolution. I guess throw HoB there again. Im hyped for a few matches but not the card overall.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

I'd add two more matches, I think. Something like a Jonathan Gresham vs. Darby Alliin for the ROH Championship on the pre-show and an FTR vs. ReDragon for the ROH Tag belts on the PPV.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017

The one with no build so Jade vs Anna.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I would be shocked if Darby is not on the card in any way.

I would also be shocked if this cluster-fuck of a TNT title picture is not somehow on the show.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I would be shocked if Darby is not on the card in any way.

I would also be shocked if this cluster-fuck of a TNT title picture is not somehow on the show.

Sting & Darby vs ReDragon on the buy-in along with one of the matches already announced( my money would be on Jade vs Anna). That makes 3 matches on the buy-in same as Revolution.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You ready for a 5-hour PPV, blue?
200.gif

Wilson

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Wardlow and MJF is the only match worthy of being on a PPV. The builds for the rest are somewhere between terrible and just fine.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Wardlow and MJF is the only match worthy of being on a PPV. The builds for the rest are somewhere between terrible and just fine.

hype:
Punk vs Page
mjf wardlow
rosa deeb despite that last promo with Dustin and elbows.

no hype for Hardys Young Bucks that isn't in that graphic. HoB vs death triangle seems old.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Jade vs Anna Jay has already happened, and it was for the title. Not sure why this match needed to happen at all, but it should definitely be on the preshow

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I like Jade, but as much ire gets thrown at the tnt title, the tbs title is an afterthought to the promos.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I just had a chance to watch the episode. Holy shit, what a great show. I enjoyed every match and that Danielson/Mox vs Dante/Sydal was one of the best matches I've seen since I started watching AEW like 3 years ago.

Descendant

Nov 2, 2017
I think I would rather replace the four one hour specials a year, and just make 4 Dynamites a year 3 hour specials.

I would say you could add those hours to Rampage, but that timeslot is all over the place.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought that jade match was going to be on Dynamite, the state of the division. And blood moon rising has to be ember moon/Athena related I hope.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Ha.

It's been posted before, but if you've got 15 minutes and want to see another Takeshita match in the US, go here: (time stamped it)

Last edited:

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
After thinking on it some more, I think this MOTY/Sammy & Kaz feud ends with Miro returning and stomping everyone into the ground. That's the only way to somewhat save this shit.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
After thinking on it some more, I think this MOTY/Sammy & Kaz feud ends with Miro returning and stomping everyone into the ground. That's the only way to somewhat save this shit.

I've seen the idea tossed around of Miro just double or triple stacking all the people in this feud in a multi-man match. I'd be fine with that, but I really want Scorpio to just have a proper face run with the title.

Oct 27, 2017
TBF Sasha should absolutely go over anyone in the AEW woman's roster. There's no one in that division who can even come close to her star power.
I'd argue the same thing for Naomi and Athena. Neither of them are at Sasha's level but they're all far above where the current wrestlers in the division are at. Funnily enough the only two in AEW that come close in popularity and star power seem to be Jade Cargill and Britt Baker.

Thunder Rosa gets those monster pops, Deeb has the best in ring, Riho is the best underdog. I lost my train of thought but yeah AEW would benefit so much just from hiring any of those three. Sasha would be the bezt not just because of her amazing in-ring or character work but because she's a voice that's hard to brush off that would fight for more equality for the women. She'd push for more stories, tag teams, and TV time.

lupin23rd

Oct 27, 2017
Even though she would obviously be an immediate candidate for the womens world title, Sasha feels like the perfect choice to walk in and upstage Jade for the TBS title. I imagine she could put on bangers every week defending it.