• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Enjoyed the Deeb promo. Didn't enjoy that a man had to stand there and take it from Deeb on the world champion's behalf.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Deeb was on shoot mode?

Yep.

www.mandatory.com

Serena Deeb Got A Bonus For Shaving Her Head, Calls Working With CM Punk A ‘Learning Experience’

Serena Deeb was this week's guest on AEW Unrestricted and the former Straight Edge Society member talked about her experience working in the stable fronted by CM Punk. Deeb was asked about working with him and her favorite moment in the group.

She mentioned all this on an AEW Unrestricted podcast.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
First hour was fantastic, but that last chunk wasn't for me. I thought the JAS vs bcc promo was built for Regal to yell out the name of the match not talk about where toothbrushes were placed into. The Deeb promo was okay, I liked the idea of it, but the execution was slow. Then a ten minute match with Picture in Picture.
Yeah Regal's shit was dumb, not at all surprised he got what chants. What the hell was that anyway? "Oh yeah! Well I rub your toothbrush on my ass!"

Deeb cutting a sympathetic promo when shes supposed to be a cold heel is also jarring. They dont need to feed her these lines right now.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know if the timing was intentional or not, but this is a good match to be at 1.3x speed
Agreed. It was a decent enough TV match but not a main event caliber match. But with the way tonight's show was structured it weirdly was the perfect match to slot in the main event so that it could get its time cut if they needed to.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Yep.

Brie Bella also mentioned how she was pressured to get implants and to be "sexier".

Some people on this very site choose to ignore that whenever they start glowingly talk about WWEs women's division. That place is gross now.... then..... Forever.
Would that be why Nikki went in for it, or was that unrelated? Also I think the most recent talent on the roster was Charlotte getting implants. All the more reason Vince should retire, and marks should take a good look at themselves before they defend that garbage company.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I will say this. If you're going to have to Wild Card matches, one of your wild cards have to win the match.

Otherwise what's the point? Just give them the Bye.

Still a great episode of dynamite I am so glad I'm a wrestling fan still!

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Yep.

www.mandatory.com

Serena Deeb Got A Bonus For Shaving Her Head, Calls Working With CM Punk A ‘Learning Experience’

Serena Deeb was this week's guest on AEW Unrestricted and the former Straight Edge Society member talked about her experience working in the stable fronted by CM Punk. Deeb was asked about working with him and her favorite moment in the group.

She mentioned all this on an AEW Unrestricted podcast.
Damn.
He got them at Mania.
I see. Well no one's safe, unless they take commend of the crowd.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Stinger is legit hurt. He's being helped to the back

last week after the show was over Punk sold for Hook so hard he didn't move from the center of the ring for at least 10 minutes as the crowd left, unless there was an X thrown I'd assume Sting is selling unless it looked really, really bad.

hopefully it's just selling...

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Great show in spite of Johnny Mundo's attempt to sabotage it. He also got an entrance and took forever to set up some botched parkour shit so I blame him for running long and putting the show behind schedule.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Still catching up, Takeshita is someone special as fuck. That warlow segment was good shit also. Fantastic night so far.

Nov 5, 2017
Maki being Joker was totally worth it. She put on a show. The other Joker, dude I remember from way back when who I had no clue still wrestled, not so much. He was a dud.

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
Hoping Tony settles down after DoN and stops trying to jam too much into each show.

Tonight's show kinda went off the rails the last 30 minutes because they were horribly behind time. If it wasn't for the PPV in 10 days, you probably cut the Deeb/Rosa segment and do it the following week, but that's also where Tony's liking of kinda "speed rushing" PPV builds in the final 4 or 5 weeks bit him in the ass.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
last week after the show was over Punk sold for Hook so hard he didn't move from the center of the ring for at least 10 minutes as the crowd left, unless there was an X thrown I'd assume Sting is selling unless it looked really, really bad.

hopefully it's just selling...

X got thrown.

Nov 5, 2017
Yeah, at least the main event was a good one to cut time from. I didn't think they had a bad match but it's not a main event caliber match that needed to go the distance. If anything being rushed probably benefited it.
Agreed. I feel bad for Jeff. On Unrestricted, he said how he feels great by doing a bunch of DDP yoga but what he looks like in the ring shows otherwise. Looks so banged up and barely able to do much.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Roster is way too thick in my opinion. Still a great show, but look at how much this roster has grown.

Jan 31, 2018
Up until the JAS segment it was looking like last week in terms of being a excellent show, but Jericho dragged on (and the fucking crowd was chanting what to REGAL). Maki return is always welcome, but the match was pretty mediocre. Britt is really regressing as a worker. Serena was very nervous and it felt the Deeb/Rosa needed like three more segments on past shows in order for her promo today to work, like, Dustin only talks of helping the women on twitter. MENTION THAT ON THE SHOW AND THEN TIE IT TO THE FEUD. Main event went relatively short and it made sense. Jeff Hardy is broken down (both from last week and in... life/his body).

Very good show with two excellent matches. I will focus on that instead of just filling pages of talking about the shit I didn't like.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the show. KOR and Fenix looked like they've worked a million matches together. Just awesome.

All the AEW talent...and they chose Red Velvet?

Jon-Steinlauf-Premiere-Warner-Bros-Discovery-2022.jpg
You know who really likes Red Velvet? Draft Kings, that's who!

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
There are shoot promos on WWE that make you go "ooooo", and then there's Deeb's promo. Because she wasn't cutting one on WWE. It wasn't "ooo take that Vince McMahon". It was just about how that company is run by actual monsters, and she survived that.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I hope that Johnny Elite was a 1 time thing, then. They don't need him even though he's a great talent.

I'm pretty sure he's not signed, and that it was a one off deal. Same with Maki.

This episode was a good reminder that this roster needs to be trimmed, and the RoH stuff kept separate.

I'm scared this might be it for Sting. The man's been diving off of rafters and going through tables with no problem, but something like that might be what takes him out.

Toli08

Oct 27, 2017
That three way tag match at DoN better be elimination. The triple threat tag match they had at the last ppv was one of the dumbest stipulation matches ever and that's saying something. Tony don't do that to us again. Just make it elimination please and thank you.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Agreed. I feel bad for Jeff. On Unrestricted, he said how he feels great by doing a bunch of DDP yoga but what he looks like in the ring shows otherwise. Looks so banged up and barely able to do much.
Part of the issue is he never really took an extended stretch of time off. Edge & Christian may not have abused their bodies to the same degree as Jeff but they did both beat them up bad enough to have near career ending neck issues BUT they're probably both able to wrestle and move around fairly well now because they both were away from the business for multiple years and both now have incredibly light schedules as far as in ring work goes.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
That three way tag match at DoN better be elimination. The triple threat tag match they had at the last ppv was one of the dumbest stipulation matches ever and that's saying something. Tony don't do that to us again. Just make it elimination please and thank you.
What was dumb about it? Just that it wasn't elimination style?

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
shit, out of all the crap sting has gone through in AEW, a rushed ending gives him a beating? hope it's real minor

JE v reDragon v Young Bucks was good

once you realized that the rules were made up and didn't matter

(actually i typed that as a joke but it was kinda true, the stips started to make sense when YB and RD started to collapse so you got nonsense tags just to screw each other over)

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Sting's selling of the chair crush on his ankle on TV looked way too convincing to me. :( :( :( Was that what did it? Reeeaaally hope he's okay, but sounds bad.

Great episode of Dynamite with few misses, but also way too many segments and people on screen.

Loved:
-Hangman vs. Takeshita and the post-match
-Wardlow and MJF with ANOTHER home run segment
-KOR vs. Fenix
-Maki Itoh's return and all of her comedy spots
-Sw3rve/Lee/Team Taz/JE segment

Liked:
-Joe vs. Johnny. Hope it was just a one-off
-Serena Deeb's promo (minus Dustin holding the women's champion like a child)
-Trent and Rocky. "Bret would." LOL
-JAS/BCC, though it ran a bit long

Just there:
-Jeff vs. Adam Cole (I…am pretty bored by both of these guys.)
-Sydal/Dante (It was fine overall.)

This roster is massive. The amount of multi-person matches at DoN is going to be wild. It did feel like the show was overloaded for me this week even if I liked the vast majority of it.