• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
r/SquaredCircle - NJPW Best Of The Super Juniors night 3

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
No, but I am going to this show that is going to be inside a pinball arcade and they aren't saying anything other than its gonna be wild.

Login • Instagram

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.
Holy shit, I've actually been to the original Pinballz back in 2014, travelled to Dallas from Australia to go to a pinball expo there, stopped off at Pinballz. Still have the arcade token somewhere!

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
It was interesting seeing an ROH Pure Rules match. I don't think the crowd were into it because this would be their first ever ROH Pure match.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

truly the champion of the common man

also reeses fast breaks are pretty good so uh yeah good taste in chocolate i guess

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
What a wild rise for Yuta in such a short time. From doing indies and Dark episodes, to teaming with Mox and Danielson, having Regal as a manager, and pinning Taka Michinoku clean in Japan. All in the space of a few months.

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021

Aww damn. I will miss Rasslin and Brandon Walker's self-deprecating humour.

(Otoh at least I can quit supporting Barstool now)

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Wheeler Yuta rocking what is basically a $3000 jacket right now. Love it and hope he brings it back with him to the States. Think it adds to his star quality.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
what culture is reporting that the AEW locker room isn't the happiest at the moment:

www.youtube.com

AEW Backstage CHAOS, Major Frustration!

In Today's #AEW Wrestling News:0:00 Roundup01:05 AEW Backstage Atmosphere "Chaotic"06:08 2 New AEW Title Belts Debuting At Double Or Nothing 2022?08:24 Willi...

Even if it's only partially true, it was only a matter of time. Sounds like #SwoleWasRight regarding the lack of organization.

I wonder how far in advance Tony is giving information to his talent at this point, or is passing it off to Christopher Daniels. Either way, he probably needs a lot more help. It's simple logistics to see that it's much harder for one or two people to keep 150 people happy (or just basically informed on what's going on with their booking) than it is to keep 80 people happy. (or whatever the actual numbers are)

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
That's a story I can believe. What worked well enough for a smaller company becomes inadequate as it grows much bigger. A more structured approach seems inevitable and should be good for the company, especially with the acquisition and running of RoH.

I totally expect 2022 to be the year Tony finally delegates something.

Razorskin

Oct 25, 2017
Tony should make MJF go through a series of challenges in order to earn the right to renegotiate his contract.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
That's a story I can believe. What worked well enough for a smaller company becomes inadequate as it grows much bigger. A more structured approach seems inevitable and should be good for the company, especially with the acquisition and running of RoH.

I totally expect 2022 to be the year Tony finally delegates something.

Yeah, it's become clear to me that he's got to delegate more stuff for the reason you mentioned. AEW has grown a ton in size and it's just too much for one person to do, especially if he's going to handling AEW and ROH.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I mean - I think that 90% of what AEW is putting out right now is legit great. The issue is they are packing 5 hours worth of story into 3 hours of TV.

I think TK needs to delegate stuff of course - but I would call the show more erratic than "bad"

Like a good example is Joe. He is an ROH champion. He is feuding with Jay Lethal, Sanjay and big dude whose name I forgot. They are also feuding with Johnathan Gresham but only in ROH.

If I was TK I would try and get a show for ROH and send a bunch of talent there - let someone else run it and keep 90% of the story in ROH completely seperate from what is happening on AEW.

Like - there is nothing wrong with sending stars to ROH for 6 months when TK doesn't have plans for them.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I mean - I think that 90% of what AEW is putting out right now is legit great. The issue is they are packing 5 hours worth of story into 3 hours of TV.

I think TK needs to delegate stuff of course - but I would call the show more erratic than "bad"

Like a good example is Joe. He is an ROH champion. He is feuding with Jay Lethal, Sanjay and big dude whose name I forgot. They are also feuding with Johnathan Gresham but only in ROH.

If I was TK I would try and get a show for ROH and send a bunch of talent there - let someone else run it and keep 90% of the story in ROH completely seperate from what is happening on AEW.

Like - there is nothing wrong with sending stars to ROH for 6 months when TK doesn't have plans for them.

I'm glad you all are liking it more than me. Seriously. So don't take my complaints as if I'm saying you are wrong.

For me it's getting to the point where there are so many performers I just don't care about. I'm not sure why exactly. Maybe they feel over exposed, they are stale, consistently in dull angles, or they just can't wrestle well. I find myself watching Dynamite like I used to watch Raw, disengaged.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Like - if we look at the card at DON:

Wangman vs Punk - build has been good here - but is just heating up.
Rosa v Deeb - not a good build - likely because Rosa is hurt.
Hookhausen - 100% great
BCC + Kingstons crew vs JAS - I love it. I know some people are over Jericho but I can watch 2.0 do this forever.
Wardlow v MJF has been a master class.
3 way tag team title match - I mean the 2 challengers have a great story build. The champs are more in a "turn Christian against Jungle Boy" story which has also been good.
Jade - not sure whats going on here - I assume a baddie will turn on her. Not super well booked.
The Owen - well booked tourny.

The women's division is poorly booked but that isn't new.

The only story that is truly and completely off the rails is the TNT title picture and I have no fucking idea what the plan there is. They fixed it 2 weeks ago and broke it last week.

The Undisputed Elite is basically going absolutely nowhere right now - I assume they are in a holding pattern for Kenny. We'll get bucks v Hardyz with zero build because everyone wants that match.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I will admit that the show has felt pretty aimless lately outside of the main storylines such as Wardlow/MJF, Punk/Hangman, the Owen Hart tournament, and BCC/PnP/Eddie vs JAS. It reeks of having too many cooks in the kitchen with one chef trying to coordinate them.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
The absolute worst thing in AEW right now are the recorded Rampage episodes. They take about 1:30-2:00 to film the episode and then edit it into a 60 minute show that can only be described as too much taurine and cocaine in your system.

Dec 29, 2017
They should just put the TNT title on Frankie. Have him then run as far away from Scorpio, ATT, and Sammyverse as he can. Let them have their feud without the TNT title in the mix.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
They should just put the TNT title on Frankie. Have him then run as far away from Scorpio, ATT, and Sammyverse as he can. Let them have their feud without the TNT title in the mix.

This TNT belt run has been a disaster. And the pillars suck. This is absolutely one of my points of frustration.

Habs

Mar 10, 2021
I'm glad you all are liking it more than me. Seriously. So don't take my complaints as if I'm saying you are wrong.

For me it's getting to the point where there are so many performers I just don't care about. I'm not sure why exactly. Maybe they feel over exposed, they are stale, consistently in dull angles, or they just can't wrestle well. I find myself watching Dynamite like I used to watch Raw, disengaged.
Who do you like right now?

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
what culture is reporting that the AEW locker room isn't the happiest at the moment:

www.youtube.com

AEW Backstage CHAOS, Major Frustration!

In Today's #AEW Wrestling News:0:00 Roundup01:05 AEW Backstage Atmosphere "Chaotic"06:08 2 New AEW Title Belts Debuting At Double Or Nothing 2022?08:24 Willi...
I feel like we all predicted this when we learned Tony was going to write and produce every single show on top of doing everything else his job requires.

It's like the opposite extreme of WWE. AEW has no writers other than Tony, and that's not great.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I still can't fathom my way around what happened with the TNT title picture last week. It really seemed like they'd righted the ship until then.

AEW often does the obvious thing, and honestly that's something I like about it. Sometimes the obvious thing is the right thing! Turning Sammy heel and Scorpio face was the obvious way to fix that mess.

What happened last week felt like WWE booking, where a swerve was created for zero obvious reason or logic. I really hope there is solid motivation for that mess, but it's hard to imagine there could be.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
This TNT belt run has been a disaster. And the pillars suck. This is absolutely one of my points of frustration.

this plus bad factions like the best friends and dark order, what's going on with house of black, and the entire women's division. Yet I still have a positive impression of AEW, the last dynamite was really good followed by a tnt title rampage that tried to make me forget it.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
this plus bad factions like the best friends and dark order, what's going on with house of black, and the entire women's division. Yet I still have a positive impression of AEW, the last dynamite was really good followed by a tnt title rampage that tried to make me forget it.

Yes to this! Omg these factions are terrible. Don't get me started with the women's division. It irritates to me no end that Britt "the two left footed sling blade master" Baker is the star of the division.

That's a very short list. Unfortunate. I hope the next PPV cycle is better for you.

I do too. I'm going to Dynamite in a few months. It's the Rochester show so I'm sure it will be a good time, with it being Brodie's hometown and all.

SirFritz

Jan 22, 2018
The pillers should never have became a thing. Should have just stayed a throwaway line in a promo. Puts too much pressure on the talent and is always going to draw comparisons between them. I know I personally only like two of them.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Not sure what the hold up is, but we know the trios belts are imminent, which House of Black are definitely going to be involved with. Maybe that's the plan for Dark Order and Best Friends also.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018

Kind of feeling the same. I think it's more of a "me" problem where I might just be burnt out on wrestling, but I just lost interest so radically in the show that I barely watch anymore.

I think there's just too many people there, and the storylines they're involved in are not connecting with me at all. Everything with Adam Cole has been a complete dud (the House of Black even more so) and the guys I like aren't really doing anything I'm into. I think I really miss the pre-All Out AEW vibe where they made their own people look like huge deals and gave them meaningful stories, but now I think a lot of the characters I was invested in got lost in the shuffle and the show lost that fun spark it used to have.

I do catch the stand-out segments I read about here and there like the MJF stuff and whatever's happening with Hookhausen, but other than that I'm not compelled enough to keep up with it. Despite the pedigree of the actual roster, I think Kenny's absence is definitely felt.

But again, might just be my own hang ups since I do pop in here often and see a bunch of you guys are still really into it.

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
I dunno, AEW has always had a 'hectic' (some might say 'chaotic') feel about it - that's always been some of the appeal to me as I find the alternative product incredibly sterile and over-produced. That will always come with some downsides - for example the card for the PPV still being up in the air less than 2 weeks away isn't exactly great (and the best told story from the past few weeks is for the pre-show match!)

My main reasons for watching these days are Punk, HOOK, Team Taz so least for me the past few weeks/months have been fine. Now, I'm expecting after DON most of those guys other than Punk are going to be cycled out (hopefully I'm wrong but I expect FD PPV to be very 'veteran' heavy).

I can't make any excuses for the TNT title picture - that's just an absolute mess in serious need of a reset.

I also think they might be in somewhat of a holding pattern since no matter what they put on right now until Summer they're going to get killed in the ratings

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I also think they might be in somewhat of a holding pattern since no matter what they put on right now until Summer they're going to get killed in the ratings
The last three years have all kind of run together, but I think the build to DoN was pretty lackluster last year too? I love the idea of a Memorial Day PPV to kind of kick off the summer, but the most important weeks of build align with the NBA Playoffs, and it's clear they don't want to book too many massive TV matches since there's just not enough eyeballs...

It seems like a bit of a problem, but I also think that if TK had a committee of people he trusted working on booking they could probably more easily plan around this. Hire some bookers, man.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I think my main issue with the AEW women wrestlers is that they are rarely involved in anything interesting. The men get all the time, have all the fun. Jade is changing this a little bit, but not much. That 30th match thing was a disaster, but her segments are better, there's Sterling, and the baddies have potential. Britt is on a streak of boring interviews backstage that are all the same. Thunder Rosa's segments are on par with Hangman's worst. They stretched the Julia Hart turn too long. Tay is with Sammy now around the worst title storyline, Anna Jay who stands around as the rest of the dark order tells dick jokes?

That said I'm ready to tune in to AEW Dynamite tonight at 8pm eastern!