• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
There's about as much chance of Banks leaving WWE as there is Orton leaving WWE.

I dunno. She has been treated like shit ever since she moved up to the main roster. All she ever does is put people over and give Charlotte more title reigns. She owes them nothing.

I have doubts that TK cares about women's wrestling enough to allocate the portion of talent budget she'd no doubt require to sign, but I wouldn't presume she is a WWE lifer.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I dunno. She has been treated like shit ever since she moved up to the main roster. All she ever does is put people over and give Charlotte more title reigns. She owes them nothing.

I have doubts that TK cares about women's wrestling enough to allocate the portion of talent budget she'd no doubt require to sign, but I wouldn't presume she is a WWE lifer.
You could be right. Even Punk re-signed when he shouldn't have. Banks had a moment early in AEW's life where it seemed like WWE pissed her off enough to not come back, but she did. Maybe it's different this time.

It's very weird to me that they trashed her and Naomi on their actual show. Toni Storm got up and left and they let her without an issue. Obviously they'd never let Sasha and Naomi out willingly, but it's hard to believe they would bring it up on the show the very same night.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
You could be right. Even Punk re-signed when he shouldn't have. Banks had a moment early in AEW's life where it seemed like WWE pissed her off enough to not come back, but she did. Maybe it's different this time.

It's very weird to me that they trashed her and Naomi on their actual show. Toni Storm got up and left and they let her without an issue. Obviously they'd never let Sasha and Naomi out willingly, but it's hard to believe they would bring it up on the show the very same night.

For me, the way WWE's social media just instantly, immediately, threw them under the bus like that and actively tried to sow discontent between them and the rest of the locker room feels like a definite beyond the pale moment that would make reconciliation hard.

There is an insane gap in the money involved, but I value my job and income enough that there's a lot my employer could get away with and not lose me, but that would be the absolute number one thing that would get me to walk out the door without hesitation.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
One of the best indie matches I have ever seen was with Slamovich and Rosa Negra. Slamovich clearly got hurt during the match. Mostly because it was at a pinball arcade and afterword I could hear her screaming in "the back" which was just behind some black tarp.
Was that recorded at all? I ask as a pinball fan, not as a wrestling fan.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Sasha like a weird covid truther? AEW don't need any more of those.

While Sasha has made points in the past that certainly lead her to be antivax, pretty sure she's vaccinated. After all, she traveled all the way to Saudi Arabia for WWE's blood money show. Pretty sure the company wouldn't allow her to travel abroad if she wasn't vaccinated. I mean, she's no Nia Jax.

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
NJPW has honestly been doing way more advertising than AEW so far.

There's been next to nothing said about it since on TV (the only social media I see is what you guys post). To be fair AEW has been busy trying to build to DoN so I'd imagine we'd see much more said about FD once we're into June.

TK should be on the phone now to get Sasha Banks and Naomi, especially Sasha. She's a top tier talent whose as much a needle mover for the women's division as you can get atm.

Edit: just thought that with all the talk about MJF and his contract they could do the ultimate punk tribute angle and have MJF try to take the belt with him to WWE.

Last edited:

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
TK should be on the phone now to get Sasha Banks and Naomi, especially Sasha. She's a top tier talent whose as much a needle mover for the women's division as you can get atm.

They are still under contract, and TK has been vocal about not approaching talent until their contracts are officially up. They are going to be stuck there for a while, as I'd be very surprised to see either of them be granted a release given the insane advantage it gives Vince's main competition.

Also Sasha would cost a lot, and she would also demand a miles better women's division that TK is willing to produce or invest in right now.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It's Tuesday. You know what that means. ❤️

Hasn't Sasha injured her opponents and herself a bunch of times? No thanks.

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021

Pretty entertaining as Rasslin' tends to be.

I see in this some glimpses of Sammy/Tay angle that could work. One sit-down backstage interview like this on Dynamite would go a long way to re-establish them. Separating them from the crowd is key.

Tay also gets to still assert her credibility here, rather than being Sammy's accessory. Just get her out there winning solo matches on the road to becoming Rosa's next challenger after Deeb. Make sure that part of her persona, her killer rep, isn't lost. Sammy could even work the Kip role and be the accessory himself (especially if he's currently hurt?)

Ofc the most important thing is to get Sammy the eff away from the TNT title scene for a good long time.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Yeah Sasha isn't getting a release, no matter what. She'd probably be perfectly happy (and have little difficulty) finding acting work instead of sitting home. She remains my dream get for AEW but I don't think this makes that any likelier.

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Yeah Sasha isn't getting a release, no matter what. She'd probably be perfectly happy (and have little difficulty) finding acting work instead of sitting home. She remains my dream get for AEW but I don't think this makes that any likelier.

Sasha's way out is to either suck it up and unfortunately deal with that shithole and do her time or sit home running out her contract like PAC did as long as she's not injured they can't add anytime to her deal iirc

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Isn't Sasha like a weird covid truther? AEW don't need any more of those.
On one hand I agree with you. On the other hand she is currently vaccinated, and also the kind of big name with the right attitude to push Tony into getting more meaningful things for women on TV. Especially if she's backed by people like FTR (her friends) and CM Punk (person who wants to see everyone succeed).

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
In any case, why would Sasha, for whom the story right now is that she walked out because feeling disrespected, go to AEW where the Women's division barely gets time and develpment?

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
In any case, why would Sasha, for whom the story right now is that she walked out because feeling disrespected, go to AEW where the Women's division barely gets time and develpment?

For the same reason anyone switches companies? New opportunities. Plus, she gets to do Indie bookings, Japan bookings, and Hollywood bookings.

And for her? To be the front and center of the division, which she'll never get to be in WWE. She's a Four Horsewoman, but has always, and will always be, the Fourth Horsewoman.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
That's the issue. But I suspect Sasha would get some assurances before ever signing with AEW. Meaning if she did show up there was some kind of guarantee or handshake agreement between the two. And sure, just saying "sure I'll push you on TV" isn't binding, but enough people who are legitimate friends of Sasha work in AEW. She's not going to get Swole'd by TK.

Last edited:

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
For the same reason anyone switches companies? New opportunities. Plus, she gets to do Indie bookings, Japan bookings, and Hollywood bookings.

And for her? To be the front and center of the division, which she'll never get to be in WWE. She's a Four Horsewoman, but has always, and will always be, the Fourth Horsewoman.

I don't really think so. I mean they could promise her that, but even with Rosa as champion, Britt still seems as the front and center of the division (unless tomorrow she loses and gets gone for a while I guess?). There could be money and opportunity, but based on the current state of the division I don't know why she would believe it. Ruby got a small push then got into Dark hell until just recently.

That's the issue. But I suspect Sasha would get some assurances before ever signing with AEW. Meaning if she did show up there was some kind of guarantee or handshake agreement between the two. And sure, just saying "sure I'll push you on TV" isn't binding, but enough people who are legitimate friends of Sasha work in AEW. She's now going to get Swole'd by TK.

Maybe she would be pushing to get better treatment for the division before signing.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
I don't really think so. I mean they could promise her that, but even with Rosa as champion, Britt still seems as the front and center of the division (unless tomorrow she loses and gets gone for a while I guess?). There could be money and opportunity, but based on the current state of the division I don't know why she would believe it. Ruby got a small push then got into Dark hell until just recently.

There is a HUGE difference between Ruby and Sasha. Gigantic, and Sasha would have way more juice when signing to AEW. We're talking about a WM main eventer and someone already in Hollywood (for a franchise that is regularly shown on TNT/TBS), regardless of gender.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Even if Sasha and Naomi never go to AEW please let the possibility of opportunity be enough for Tony Khan to sideline this trios championship in favor of women's tag titles. Not that I don't want trios, but I'll take whatever is going to inch us closer to seeing more women on TV.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
There is a HUGE difference between Ruby and Sasha. Gigantic, and Sasha would have way more juice when signing to AEW. We're talking about a WM main eventer and someone already in Hollywood (for a franchise that is regularly shown on TNT/TBS), regardless of gender.

Totally agreed, but it would be totally understandable to not be entirely sold on the promise of being super important in a division that has little attention. I mean look at any former world champ not named Britt. Even Shida ended up being pissed at their management.

AEW just has too much to improve in their women's division.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Totally agreed, but it would be totally understandable to not be entirely sold on the promise of being super important in a division that has little attention. I mean look at any former world champ not named Britt. Even Shida ended up being pissed at their management.

AEW just has too much to improve in their women's division.

No different than when Rosa jumped in (despite our issues with the division, she did have a big impact in improving it). The division has to evolve somehow, and somebody has to be the catalyst (damn sure won't be Tony or even Dustin/Kenny).

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
This is just false. Sasha was #2 firmly behind Charlotte for years until Becky exploded. #4 was and always will be Bayley unfortunately as that may be.

Nah, it's Sasha. Out of all four, who has won the least in WM? Who barely won any defenses? We can go on.

In HHH's world, it was Charlotte, Sasha, Becky, Bayley, sure (though arguable). But not in Vince's. Proof is in the booking. Even at her worst booking, Becky was a champ that won defenses. Even at her worst, Bayley won in WM.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
No different than when Rosa jumped in (despite our issues with the division, she did have a big impact in improving it). The division has to evolve somehow, and somebody has to be the catalyst (damn sure won't be Tony or even Dustin/Kenny).

As you said, the difference is in how big the star is. Sasha going to AEW could be argued to be a downgrade for her career unless the damn division gets the importance it deserves.

We agree on the rest. Though sadly the last decision will always be made by Tony.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Sasha today is a far bigger name than anyone in the AEW women's division. That much isn't up for debate.

She's also the best wrestler of the four horse women, at least when I stopped watching in 2019. She has never been booked that way, but whenever they needed someone to put in a long great wrestling performance they turned to Sasha.

There's always going to be a difference between signing someone with the potential to become a star (think Miro) vs someone who already is (think Danielson). Athena is the former. Sasha is the latter.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Sasha today is a far bigger name than anyone in the AEW women's division. That much isn't up for debate.

She's also the best wrestler of the four horse women, at least when I stopped watching in 2019. She has never been booked that way, but whenever they needed someone to put in a long great wrestling performance they turned to Sasha.

There's always going to be a difference between signing someone with the potential to become a star (think Miro) vs someone who already is (think Danielson). Athena is the former. Sasha is the latter.

Yeah, it would be very similar to Danielson. Not only is she a bigger star than a lot of the division, she's also a better wrestler than most of the division.

A LOT of a eyes would be on the women's division if she made the switch. That would force some action. I mean, Gail Kim coming back to Impact did something like that, and that was just Gail Kim.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
If I'm either of the other two women WWE vaguely named in that statement I'm probably considering looking for work elsewhere when my contract is up. Just a thought.