• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
They should just have HOOK choke out Sammy and take him out of the pillars conversation once and for all. He's already killed most of the VLOG crew, taking out their leader is just good storytelling.

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of wish they wouldn't replace Shida if she's injured. Wouldn't a real tournament just advance the uninjured competitor to the next round?

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
www.tsn.ca

AEW's Khan talks Forbidden Door, Bret Hart, trios titles and more - TSN.ca

With the Owen Hart Foundation Cup set to kick off on Wednesday's Dynamite, TSN.ca caught up with AEW president and booker Tony Khan to talk about his busy schedule, Bret Hart, the Forbidden Door, a potential Toronto event, trios titles and more.

Another such tradition is All Out in Chicago, but with Forbidden Door in Chicago, Khan concedes that could change for 2022 with the Labour Day weekend event potentially being held elsewhere.

"We're going to talk more about that, but I think one thing for sure is that from the beginning, Chicago has been an awesome market for AEW and I'm very excited about doing lots of shows there," Khan said. "I think All Out is the biggest show we've ever done so far before on pay-per-view and it's another one of our landmark events where we've reached our highest highs so far. We've got a great history there at the NOW Arena, formerly the Sears Center, in Hoffman Estates near Schaumburg, the northwest suburbs of Chicago. I think we can continue that, potentially, but on the other hand, there's a lot of places around the world where All Out would be a great show and we're going to continue exploring options here."

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I feel like MJF is more in a MJF verse lately than Cody was ever in a Cody verse. Everything feels weirdly isolated, and it just seems bizarre that he's had no seeming interest in the world title for months now.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
MOVING GRAPHICS

Honestly I feel like MJF is more in a MJF verse lately than Cody was ever in a Cody verse. Everything feels weirdly isolated, and it just seems bizarre that he's had no seeming interest in the world title for months now.

I mean, the guy who beat him is currently fighting for a title at the end of this month.

Say Punk beats Hanger, and I begrudgingly think he should, MJF is right back into the picture since he's the one guy responsible for Punk's sole L.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That isn't fair I would say. He was talking about going for the title during the Punk feud but because Wardlow screwed him over he has been distracted with that.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I mean, he's 1-3 this year! He can't beat Shawn Dean! He shouldn't be wrestling for the title right now.

I assume Wardlow beats him at DoN. That would be rock bottom for MJF. He's never going to shut up, but he's going to be 1-4 and at the back of the line. But you have 6 months before Full Gear, and they can do so much in that time to heat him back up.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really looking forward to Rampage tonight!
  • Riho vs Ruby - Super hyped, it should be a high quality match and I've no idea who will win
  • Jade's segment - likely setting up for her 31st opponent
  • A Death Triangle show match - kind of a rare thing lately
  • The TNT title match - fingers crossed, Scorp really is intent on bringing glory back to the title. Also Sammy, just stay in the back, please
  • It's on early again, so I can watch it live!
I have not read the results (just about the injury stuff that has some related announcements on the show) but considering Ruby is involved in a story angle and Riho isn't I think Riho is taking the L tonight. I heavily suspect either Ruby or Toni is winning this tournament. They've kind of teased giving Ruby a push in the past and i think they were right not to in the past but I think she's genuinely stepped her game up recently.

Obviously with the way AEW title reigns go I doubt she's winning a title but at the risk of irking some folks… I think you could have her beat Jade for the TBS title soon-ish. Mission accomplished, Jade's a star so she doesn't need a streak or a title to matter now but we need to belt up some other women now to give them some shine and like I said before I think Ruby has stepped things up recently. Also, I don't think they need to immediately give Toni a big tournament win right out of the gate. You save a big win like that for when you're ready to put a belt on her and I think now is too soon for that.
Having a kayfabe injury for Shida just feels weird when people can see she's working shows in Japan lol
I thought the story was she was hurt in a match in Japan, no? A lot of news sites seem to be reporting on the injury as though it's real though I guess that doesn't necessarily mean anything but Meltzer's comments on it were interesting:

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2022/05/12/hikaru-shida-possibly-injured-at-a-non-aew-event/

So maybe she got injured in Japan, but they're saying it's the result of the street fight as it was the last AEW match she was in and it gives Deeb a bit more heat going into her match with Rosa? Maybe she did actually suffer a minor injury in the street fight that got worse after her matches in Japan? I guess it could all just be fake too but Meltzer seemed under the impression that she was supposed to be a major part of the tournament so I don't know.
If JAS needs a sixth to compete with Eddie/PnP/BCC, make it Sammy. I know, I know. It's more IC stuff, but here's my pitch:

Regal punches Sammy in the face.
Well, I don't think Regal will be wrestling any time soon and I don't think Yuta is going to be super involved in this feud as I believe he has some upcoming New Japan stuff that'll be taking him away from AEW for a bit. So I think the sides are largely even then. I just want Regal to pee in Jericho's bubbly at some point in this feud.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Shida was just yesterday tweeting about attending rehearsals for that action/drama/wrestling show she's part of, so she's not likely injured. They probably just moved the dates of the tournament from what was originally planned, and now she's got other bookings.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
MOVING GRAPHICS

I mean, the guy who beat him is currently fighting for a title at the end of this month.

Say Punk beats Hanger, and I begrudgingly think he should, MJF is right back into the picture since he's the one guy responsible for Punk's sole L.

This is one of those little touches that makes AEW feel more on WWE's level of production quality and presentation than say an Impact or an indie.

They should be looking for more little things that can easily be improved upon without breaking the bank.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
This is one of those little touches that makes AEW feel more on WWE's level of production quality and presentation than say an Impact or an indie.

They should be looking for more little things that can easily be improved upon without breaking the bank.
One thing I'd like to see them do is have a cameraman for backstage segments. It feels like they just set up a tripod and keep the wide-shot the entire time, which gets very stale after you've seen it a lot.

I'd also like to see them get better at camerawork during their entrances. Experiment with angles, spots, lights, etc. Anything other than dude walking out of the tunnel and having his pyro go off a second too early, or too late and they're already halfway down the ramp.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
That isn't fair I would say. He was talking about going for the title during the Punk feud but because Wardlow screwed him over he has been distracted with that.

Agree completely. In fact the punk feud started because punk cost him a win against Dean when he was next in line.

My fantasy booking:

1) MJF beats Wardlow (not clean) sending Wardlow to ROH.
2) Hangman beats Punk (not clean)
3) MJF beats hangman down the line.
4) Wardlow takes the title off MJF in a year.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I also hate AEWs arena lighting. It's too dark. Now that they are playing to sold out arenas there is no reason not to light the crowd more

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
One thing I'd like to see them do is have a cameraman for backstage segments. It feels like they just set up a tripod and keep the wide-shot the entire time, which gets very stale after you've seen it a lot.

I'd also like to see them get better at camerawork during their entrances. Experiment with angles, spots, lights, etc. Anything other than dude walking out of the tunnel and having his pyro go off a second too early, or too late and they're already halfway down the ramp.
I recall one thing WWE did with Mark Henry's entrance.

To emphasise his size, when he would come out they'd switch to a lower camera angle behind him so to the viewer his body was filling up the entire TV screen.

I'm not saying they should copy this but with a guy like Satnam Singh, find a way to make him look even bigger, putting a smaller guy like Sonjay with him is a great start.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
I recall one thing WWE did with Mark Henry's entrance.

To emphasise his size, when he would come out they'd switch to a lower camera angle behind him so to the viewer his body was filling up the entire TV screen.

I'm not saying they should copy this but with a guy like Satnam Singh, find a way to make him look even bigger, putting a smaller guy like Sonjay with him is a great start.
Even someone like Shaemus, who's gimmick is that he's a WHITE dude, gets a neat something or other - shining bright lights off of his incredibly reflective body. I'm not saying you need to completely WWE-ify things, but do more stuff like Ricky Starks has with the spotlight when he strikes his pose.

Toli08

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a chance MJF leaves for the E? 100% but to take anything he says at face value in interviews is ridiculous. The dude is old school he is always in character. Every single thing you see from him is "MJF" the character. I don't care what the dirt sheets say. Just let it play out and see where it goes.

I will say though if he did leave it would be the biggest loss. MJF is imo AEWs Roman Reigns, whatever he touches is gold. Every program he is involved is always the best thing on TV. The guy is a Wrestling genius. Heck if I am creating a new Wrestling company right now I take MJF as the cornerstone of that company and let him do his stuff.

CM Punk vs MJF is the best thing AEW has produced so far. There wasn't a single thing to question or change. It was perfection.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
Oh I should also probably say that I really do not like the heel/face tunnels on the extreme left and right of the stage.. I think they hurt almost every entrance

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Oh I should also probably say that I really do not like the heel/face tunnels on the extreme left and right of the stage.. I think they hurt almost every entrance
I'd rather have a middle entrance.

I'm guessing the idea is older than the reference I'm gonna make but to me I see the two entrances and wonder why they copied TNA.

I guess it's unique in 2022 but yeah it's one of those dumb (hell call it irrational) things that makes AEW feel lesser to me.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
This is RAMPAGE, baby ⚡️

(this Creed 2 credits song is awful lol)

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
death triangle have deserved a trios run for so long. damn.

this hob feud needs to just end already though. it's not really doing much for either of them. i guess they were waiting for fenix to do it right but idk if it'll get it over.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
'what's going on here'

i dont know jericho probably the same thing that happens EVERY SINGLE TIME THE LIGHTS GO OUT

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Lights off, lights on. K.

Why not have it so someone is laid out (Alex?) when the lights came back on and HoB were gone? Add some level of menace to it.

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
Just a couple weeks to the PPV and hopefully this feud can be over and both sides can move on to new and better things.

(And then Pac can go challenge Hangman for the belt)