• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Dynamite was fun as hell.

Rampage was solid fun too but they are gonna have to sweeten the crowd, not just dead but actively annoying or even hostile at times by the end of the night. 5 hours of wrestling is probably too much for most.

Also I wish I'd timed the matches cuz I'm curious if anything gets edited, not because if botches (there weren't any I noticed) but just because rampage runs live at such a different pace than on tv.

Glad you had fun. :) Looking forward to Rampage.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be a giant card

ReDRagon/Bucks vs. Hardys/Sting/Darby
Jurassic Express vs. Hobbs/Starks vs. Lee/Swerve (and maybe FTR too)
House of Black vs. Death Triangle
Cole vs. Joker
Toni vs. Shida I guess?
MJF vs. Wardlow
Rosa vs. Deeb
JAS vs. Mox/Bryan/Eddie/Santana/Ortiz
Punk vs. Hangman

Hook vs. Nese?
Joe vs. Lethal?
Page/VanZant vs. Sammy/Tay?
TNT title defense?
TBS title defense?

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Two very disappointing results with Cole and Hardy winning. The tournament has just become way less interesting. Oh well.

An alright Dynamite but nothing crazy overall, happy to see BCC with Kingston/PnP, and Hookhausen.

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Had such a good time at AEW tonight. Had ringside seats and the crowd was hot for Dynamite. Rampage was a mixed bag. The go home segment was an MJF promo then CM Punk came out then Hook came out then Danhausen came out. The crowd was losing its mind!

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Awesome episode. Was grinning for most of it.

Wasn't a fan of the Punk/Silver match, and Storm/Hayter have a better match in them for sure, but the rest was excellent. The MJF/Wardlow segment was incredible.

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
Man approaches podium. Pauses. Leans into the live mic. "YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT REALLY TURNS ME ON??"

God fucking dammit 🤣

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
Having slept on it - that may be an all timer ep of Dynamite.

Still not overly enthusiastic about some of the spots in the main event but that's just what those 2 are gonna do and frankly it's what Hardy needs to do these days to pull off a watchable match.

God if Punk turns heel I'm here for it, incredible work (both on the show and in the crowd only segment - Punk is definitely one of those guys I can see giving HOOK his first loss/losses in a mini-feud. Hell if he does his own faction again I'd be all for HOOK being a part of it)

Really wanted Dax to win - it's the sentimental story and Coles stuff just does nothing for me, he's been brutally over-used I think since his arrival.

I called the DON tag title match being a triple threat weeks ago and glad I'm right - those titles are definitely coming off JE, it's just a case of who Tony thinks has a better story with the titles. Personally I'm thinking Team Taz take them and if HOOK/Danhausen is a thing beyond DON then you can definitely do a feud there that spins off into the inevitable HOOK/Starks FTW feud.

JB/Starks was great because of course it was considering who was in the match - JB definitely needs something, some kind of edge because his vanilla good guy schtick is worn out now. The feud with Christian should give him what he needs. Starks is Starks and I'll never complain about him getting wins on TV - they're starting to put over the FTW title more on commentary I noticed and made a point of how many defences he's had. Think that may feed into my comment in the paragraph above.

That Dark Side of The Ring video was fucking incredible - I had to stop myself from laughing my ass off because it was like 2am here and the family was asleep. I still think Wardlow is going to be a bit lost after this feud is done and thought them planting the tiny seed of a ROH contract was intriguing.

Then the highlight of the show - HOOKhausen. I've never seen any of Danhausens matches elsewhere so I was looking forward to see if this as an OC scenario where he can actually really go. That being said this was pretty perfect. DH will get his moment in the tag match no doubt. HOOK is god damn over as rover - I thought this was a terrible idea when it first started but week by week they won me round and this whole thing will do wonders for him in the long run. Nese and Sterling are playing their parts beautifully - seems like everyone knows the main, if not entire point of this thing is to continue getting HOOK over and is making the best use of the time being given.

Overall, all I ask of an ep when I watch live was that it was worth staying up till 3am for and this absolutely was.

Rampage card looks pretty missable though but it's on real early here so I'll still watch.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
- Cole vs Dax was great. Shame Dax lost.
- Punk vs Silver was good. Punk using the Buckshot Lariat and his promo were perfect.
- Nese squashing Danhausen was a bold choice. Hook shook his hand :)
- MJF contract signing was a masterclass. Boo Wardlow lol. The spoof video lol.
- Jungle Boy vs Starks (c) was great. Biggest win of Ricky's career. Swerve messed up. Lee!
- JAS segment was cheesy fun then BCC, Kingston & PnP showed up for a quick beatdown. Rosa/Deeb hype.
- Hayter vs Storm was good.
- Looking forward to Hangman/Takeshita.
- Hardy vs Darby was great. The ladder spot was insane and Darby ate most of it. Would have preferred Darby win but at least AEW treats their veterans right.

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
After reading this thread over the last day or so I let out a hearty chuckle when JR said Keith Lee had 'dropped a few pounds.' 😂

After the show, from the other thread:

Last edited:

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It's Thursday. You know what that means. ❤️

After reading this thread over the last day or so I let out a hearty chuckle when JR said Keith Lee had 'dropped a few pounds.' 😂

After the show, from the other thread:

Punk in the shitheel role. This totally works.

And what a fantastic pairing HOOKHAUSEN is. Both were over separately, but this angle is getting them even more over. It's totally out of left field so props to whoever saw the potential in it and made it happen. Love that Taz acknowledged it on commentary.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Absolutely fantastic episode of dynamite this week, entire show was entertaining and progressed a lot of stories and the tournament.

So many memorable moments to comment on but I wanted to highlight a few.

The entire MJF/Wardlow segment was perfection, the DSotR spoof was genius and so well done.

I loved the Danhousen squash, it would have been great to see him wrestle but it made sense, he was distracted and it lead to one of the biggest pops of the night.

JAS Vs BCC segment was also perfect and the crowd made it feel massive.

The main event was pretty damn insane and better than I thought it would be. Darby is just crazy and while I was sure he should have won before the match, I didn't actually mind after the match.

Just an amazing show overall.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Really good show

Surprised at them already bringing in the BCC to face JAS, nice to see Regal getting in on the action too, don't need to see him wrestle again though.

Guess Danhausen isn't quite ready to wrestle, losing isn't gonna mean anything especially now they've made HOOKhausen official, at least for one night.

Womens match started off slower than I liked but grew into a really good match. Same old comments regarding the crowd. Toni is getting into her groove faster than Ruby did.

Dax vs Cole was awesome and would've been MOTN any other night.

Ricky vs JB took a while for me to get into it, too much moves for the sake of moves in the first half, again it built to something that ended up very good but these two definitely have a better one in them. It seems we're possibly getting another 3 way tag title match soon, even though FTR are #1 in the rankings.

Nothing Punk and Hangman did tonight did anything for me, I don't know what big segment got cancelled when Hangman caught Covid but I think this program really needs it, there is so much material they could use here and that's even without dipping into low hanging fruit like Hangman liking beer too much.

The Dark Side of the Ring stuff was funny and no doubt made Bischoff shit himself.

Props to the two crazy bastards in the main event, both these guys….I assume they just get off on the pain, Darby definitely does. Jeff seemed to be moving about better after the match than he did the Fish match so really what do I know? That was exactly what it should've been, incredibly entertaining but at the same time I kinda feel bad that I did enjoy it y'know?

I'm not into Jeff winning though for multiple reasons, I get that TK is getting the most for his money but it's a former WWE guy going over an AEW original and this tournament for both men and women is likely gonna end up with WWE people vs WWE people from the semi finals onwards. And yeah I know "everyone worked WWE at some point" but I was hoping this tournament was gonna be used to build someone new up.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Really good show

Surprised at them already bringing in the BCC to face JAS, nice to see Regal getting in on the action too, don't need to see him wrestle again though.

Guess Danhausen isn't quite ready to wrestle, losing isn't gonna mean anything especially now they've made HOOKhausen official, at least for one night.

Womens match started off slower than I liked but grew into a really good match. Same old comments regarding the crowd. Toni is getting into her groove faster than Ruby did.

Dax vs Cole was awesome and would've been MOTN any other night.

Ricky vs JB took a while for me to get into it, too much moves for the sake of moves in the first half, again it built to something that ended up very good but these two definitely have a better one in them. It seems we're possibly getting another 3 way tag title match soon, even though FTR are #1 in the rankings.

Nothing Punk and Hangman did tonight did anything for me, I don't know what big segment got cancelled when Hangman caught Covid but I think this program really needs it, there is so much material they could use here and that's even without dipping into low hanging fruit like Hangman liking beer too much.

The Dark Side of the Ring stuff was funny and no doubt made Bischoff shit himself.

Props to the two crazy bastards in the main event, both these guys….I assume they just get off on the pain, Darby definitely does. Jeff seemed to be moving about better after the match than he did the Fish match so really what do I know? That was exactly what it should've been, incredibly entertaining but at the same time I kinda feel bad that I did enjoy it y'know?

I'm not into Jeff winning though for multiple reasons, I get that TK is getting the most for his money but it's a former WWE guy going over an AEW original and this tournament for both men and women is likely gonna end up with WWE people vs WWE people from the semi finals onwards. And yeah I know "everyone worked WWE at some point" but I was hoping this tournament was gonna be used to build someone new up.

"The Dark Side of the Ring stuff was funny and no doubt made Bischoff shit himself."

I thought the same thing and couldn't help but laugh.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I'd grown tired of the many debuts recently , so I'm very glad to see them using established characterizations to pop the crowd. Eddie's backup being people who the crowd knows will be like oil and water to the JAS is perfect. When you have characters who the crowd knows well enough to be excited to see how they'll interact with characters who the crowd also knows well, that's beautiful.

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
Stadium Stampede at DoN has become tradition, so I'm assuming that's on the table. Then do Blood and Guts at one of the specialty Dynamites like they did last year.

Stadium Stampede is the ultimate sports entertainment match, while Blood & Guts is the ultimate expression of violence, so it seems likely we'll get both. I'm kind of amazed how perfectly all these pieces are fitting together.

Dax grabbing the hands of the ref out of desperation before tapping was some glorious shit that really sold the heartbreak of him losing. I'm still sad about it lol.

Dax was awesome there. Later in the night, Ricky too - caught in the Snare Trap, his eyes bugging out as he drags himself across the canvas by his nails. Fantastic stuff.

Jurassic Express vs. Hobbs/Starks vs. Lee/Swerve (and maybe FTR too)

I would love to see this 4-way. (Team Taz should win, of course.)

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
Pretty sure AEW have 2 "big" tv events between Forbidden Door and All out (think its Fyter Fest and Fight for the Fallen) - wouldn't be shocked if we get Blood & Guts at one of those.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Stadium Stampede is the ultimate sports entertainment match, while Blood & Guts is the ultimate expression of violence, so it seems likely we'll get both. I'm kind of amazed how perfectly all these pieces are fitting together.

Dax was awesome there. Later in the night, Ricky too - caught in the Snare Trap, his eyes bugging out as he drags himself across the canvas by his nails. Fantastic stuff.

I would love to see this 4-way. (Team Taz should win, of course.)

Pretty sure AEW have 2 "big" tv events between Forbidden Door and All out (think its Fyter Fest and Fight for the Fallen) - wouldn't be shocked if we get Blood & Guts at one of those.

Tony has said we would probably see Blood and Guts during the summer. I think they'll do it at one of the Fyter Fest or Fight for the Fallen shows.

And 5% of this booking is definitely because Tony wants to pop for Regal saying "Blood and guts." 🙂

Btw, a couple of fun Danhausen fantasy booking suggestions from the Fightful Dynamite review.

-Starts hanging out with Abadon and tries to teach her to see her inner beauty.

-Goes mad with power as his popularity grows and becomes "Hollywoodhausen." We get Danhausen drone blimps at every AEW show. Danhausen has apparently said he wants to do this kind of stuff down the road.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Gonna share my greatest wrestling Twitter moment with you guys and enjoy my 5 minutes of celebrity vampire fame. Danhausen fan for life after his wife boosted this one.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind coz Darby clearly can survive the loss but we also know all Jeff is going to do in AEW is job out to young stars, so building him up a bit before he inevitably loses 90% of his programs makes sense. Got to give him some creditablity before he starts doing that

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Tony has said we would probably see Blood and Guts during the summer. I think they'll do it at one of the Fyter Fest or Fight for the Fallen shows.

And 5% of this booking is definitely because Tony wants to pop for Regal saying "Blood and guts." 🙂

Btw, a couple of fun Danhausen fantasy booking suggestions from the Fightful Dynamite review.

-Starts hanging out with Abadon and tries to teach her to see her inner beauty.

-Goes mad with power as his popularity grows and becomes "Hollywoodhausen." We get Danhausen drone blimps at every AEW show. Danhausen has apparently said he wants to do this kind of stuff down the road.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Gonna share my greatest wrestling Twitter moment with you guys and enjoy my 5 minutes of celebrity vampire fame. Danhausen fan for life after his wife boosted this one.

Nice!

I think I have only twice had personal tweets go over 1k but I don't actively try or post comments so my account is still tiny.

Would be really interested from a marketing and analytics guy on how it helps your channel grow with the reply promoting your channel and if you see a noticeable bump in views or subs.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Nice!

I think I have only twice had personal tweets go over 1k but I don't actively try or post comments so my account is still tiny.

Would be really interested from a marketing and analytics guy on how it helps your channel grow with the reply promoting your channel and if you see a noticeable bump in views or subs.
I made a joke at my parents expense once, that started taking off with reactions every minute or so, and I got really nervous and deleted it. Lol.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I made a joke at my parents expense once, that started taking off with reactions every minute or so, and I got really nervous and deleted it. Lol.
Lol!

Pretty sure my highest ever was around 17k but that was for work but my personal account is mainly likes and retweets with occasional replies so it does feel weird when a random tweet suddenly takes off.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I don't mind coz Darby clearly can survive the loss but we also know all Jeff is going to do in AEW is job out to young stars, so building him up a bit before he inevitably loses 90% of his programs makes sense. Got to give him some creditablity before he starts doing that
Yeah that's fine in isolation.

I'm more upset that there's gonna be likely no AEW "original" in the semi finals, let alone finals or winning and I just think that's wrong on a fundamental level.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Nice!

I can tell you that so far is has grown my Twitter followers by 10, and my YT subs by 0. LOL. Still going, though. We'll see. My YT channel has been stagnant for months, so not too surprised there.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
The weirdest part about that disingenuous comments about the Hook/Punk segment is how many people act like its unrealistic and Hook is a comedy wrestler or some shit

like Hook is literally undefeated and is booked as a killing machine.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
The weirdest part about that disingenuous comments about the Hook/Punk segment is how many people act like its unrealistic and Hook is a comedy wrestler or some shit

like Hook is literally undefeated and is booked as a killing machine.
Weird for people to take a silly off-air comedy bit so seriously in the first place, let alone think all that

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Rampage was solid fun too but they are gonna have to sweeten the crowd, not just dead but actively annoying or even hostile at times by the end of the night. 5 hours of wrestling is probably too much for most.

You are absolutely right. I've been to a Rampage taping and now every time I watch Rampage at home, I associate the show with the feeling of being exhausted. I know that sounds ridiculous but I can't shake it off.

The problem is, there are not many options for taping Rampage. At least at its current time shot and show duration.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Fightful update on MJF'S contract.

Things don't seem like they've improved between MJF and All Elite Wrestling.

In April, Fightful Select reported that Tony Khan and MJF had a heated discussion that left both been frustrated for different reasons. MJF wasn't happy about his contract situation and the pay scale as of that conversation, and we're told the situation left him soured on many things. On the other end of things, Tony Khan was more concerned with MJF doing a high profile interview with Ariel Helwani without informing AEW PR prior. We've not heard of any outward frustration since then from Tony Khan's side of things.

Though the two talked out their issues in the following week, we're told that sentiment hasn't necessarily lasted with MJF. Fightful has heard that MJF's sentiments about possibly going to WWE when his contract are up are not in character, and it's a subject he's already weighed. There has been at least some progress on his future in AEW, as we're told their have been open ended mentions about him possibly gaining an extension. However, many don't believe that MJF and Tony Khan are as close as they were prior to the reported discussion.

MJF is said to be leaning towards leaving AEW as of now when his deal is up. As with anything, plenty can change as he's got two years remaining on his contract, and contract negotiations have been mentioned to him. However, we're not sure if that's necessarily a renegotiation of his current deal or an extension after the fact. We haven't been told he's 100 percent on leaving the company.

Fightful has reached out to Tony Khan and AEW reps for more, but haven't heard back.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if MJF is on the same pay scale as agreed on when he was an indie only guy at signing for the whole contract regardless of being a big breakout hit featured player. Would explain some shoot motivation to leave. Def deserves a big bonus to keep him happy.