• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck. Someone get Takeshita some friends so he can be unstoppable

Lol right on cue

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
On my God that forearm from Takeshita.

Great main event.

Takeshita is special. Natural babyface. Plays to the crowd incredibly well. I really hope he sticks around in AEW, though I know that's probably not likely.

Oh man, we have to get Cassidy vs. Singh, right?

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
Takeshita is already phenomenal. Everything he does looks damn great. He was utterly robbed by Sonjay there, I was so annoyed

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Oh come on where was the security when Jungle Boy was out there acting like a lunatic? I swear I seen a gun on him

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
If they can get Takeshita over with the majority of the AEW audience like Wheeler Yuta, I would imagine New Japan will look at AEW as a place to send their young lions for excursions and vice versa.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Loved that show. Preferred it to Dynamite this week. I think Jay Lethal is a shitty person, but this trio just works, mostly because of Sonjay Dutt's incredibly entertaining antics. I could watch him bounce around the outside of the ring and hype up his teammates every week. LOL.

Everything hit on this episode. All killer, no filler. Loved it.

Takeshita is the future of professional wrestling.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Singh didn't look terrible, but that isn't saying much. I've seen nothing to make me think any better or worse from him.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Oh come on where was the security when Jungle Boy was out there acting like a lunatic? I swear I seen a gun on him
i love wrestling : r/gifs

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Rewatching the opener. That sequence where Toni hits the hip attack on Britt in the corner, then gets smacked in the face with a kick by Jamie Hayter…just fantastic all around.

Storm is great. I just hope she gets her mic game together. Either that or keep her near Ruby so she can do the talking.

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
Great Rampage.

Takeshita is just a natural. Shame about the Tay line but good to see that they're doing a hard reboot on the TNT title and also the mix tag match, though I wonder where PVS comes in now (she could be the joker in the Owen though I doubt it).

Edit: I'm guessing that we're getting Joe vs Lethal at DoN.

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
I legit cannot believe how much I'm enjoying this Hook/Danhausen stuff considering how dead set against it I was when it first started.

Also while it was a very short match it's pretty insane how well HOOK has picked up the tiny details in his matches in respect of facial expression, reaction and knowing how/when to play to the crowd. Also they're doing a great job at setting up Redrum as something that can be applied from anywhere.

Hopefully they're not gonna be rotating him out for weeks due to Forbidden Door.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
i really loved nearly the entirety of that episode of rampage! it's a great feeling when wrestling is just really fuckin' good.

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
Really good early edition of Rampage tonight. All the matches were awesome.

- Ruby Soho & Toni Storm vs Britt Baker & Jamie Hayter - ***1/2 - Really good competitive match here. All four women looked good and got some good offense in. Ruby"s time on Elevation helped her shake off that "WWE style" .
- Loved the Kingston promo on the phone. Simple yet effective
- Next week will be the first time I actually see Danhausen wrestle. Really excited
- HOOK vs JD Drake - *** - Quick squash match but extremely entertaining.
- Danhausen giving HOOK a bag of chips wrapped in a bow was wholesome
- Owen Hart Foundation Tournament Qualifying Match: Riho vs Yuka Sakazaki - ***1/2 - Really good match. I could watch these ladies wrestle forever. This match made me want the Fite feed. No commercials must be nice
- Liked the Shawn Spears promo. Also simple and effective
- The Men of the Year promo had some highs and some lows. Obviously giving Scorpio a push is great and I'm here for a potential feud with Ethan Page, but let's stop the unwanted attacks on the women please. It accomplishes nothing
- Oh you know it's just Jungle Boy committing assault on Ricky Starks. Where was security?
- Jay Lethal vs Konosuke Takeshita - **** - Great match. My MOTN. Lots of great moves and I'll echo what others are saying. Takeshita is a star and I hope he gets a TNT title run before heading back to Japan. Great match
- So maybe we'll get a Joe & Best Friends vs Lethal & Friends match in the future. Could be fun
- Holy hell is Dynamite & Rampage stacked next week (Feel like a broken record saying that)

Rating - B+
Great show. All the matches ruled. Now I'm off to play some N64 wrestling games. The AEW game has got me excited.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Another strong ⚡️ tonight. Really enjoyed all of it except for Jungle Boy.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I legit cannot believe how much I'm enjoying this Hook/Danhausen stuff considering how dead set against it I was when it first started.

Also while it was a very short match it's pretty insane how well HOOK has picked up the tiny details in his matches in respect of facial expression, reaction and knowing how/when to play to the crowd. Also they're doing a great job at setting up Redrum as something that can be applied from anywhere.

Hopefully they're not gonna be rotating him out for weeks due to Forbidden Door.
Hook has an incredible stage presence. So intense!!!!!

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I'm fascinated by the Owen brackets. The joker placements are really intriguing. How do you book two debuting jokers and put them up against performers with the star power of Joe and Britt? They've got my attention.

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
Man, great great Rampage! All the matches were top tier, we had six women wrestling tonight and none of their matches were short nothing squashes. Takeshita and Lethal putting on a banger in the main event and giving people a good look at what Takeshita can do. Now keep the momentum going! Hopefully with them only having so much time to complete the Owen tournament before DoN, there will regularly be 3-4 women's matches on AEW tv going forward- even past the tournament.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Knew Yuka was done when dark Riho appeared. 😢

My fantasy booking women's tournament finals, Storm v Shida. Because it would be awesome.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Even if Dynamite had been good this week, it would've struggled to top that Rampage.

Strong womens tag opener, everyone looked great here, even Britt. AEW really should book more womens tag matches than they do. Get more women on TV, hide flaws easier, set up future feuds.

Quick and fun little squash for Hook, howled at Danhausen's promo "Hook it's Danhausen" and buying him one bag of chips for his bday.

Riho and Yuka had a strong Owen qualifier. Riho looks better in black. Clear these two had worked together many times before, just a general smoothness and pace you don't normally find in the AEW womens division. Riho once again wins with the most devastating move in all of sports entertainment.

Eddie Kingston phoned in to Rampage to cut a promo on Jericho…..this was weird, I liked it but why? I wanna know who came up with this because I've never seen it before, it feels like something from another era, like before they could do side by side promos with guys in different places.

A very pro Jay Lethal crowd for the main event, I'm guessing they had no idea who Takeshita was but he had really won them over by the end of the match, awesome performance from Takeshita, he's got it all.

Great show.

EDIT: Forgot my Joker prediction…..the mens Joker to face Joe next week is the masked ringside cameraman, he sticks out like a sore thumb, he's been in the same position every week and they very rarely cut to him. He is wearing a totally unnecessary full on balaclava and as far as I know he only showed up after a certain WWE guy got released.

I think the masked cameraman is gonna attack Joe before the match this week and reveal himself to be Cesaro. Joe will do the valiant face thing and take him on injured and Cesaro will win.

Look at the guy on tonight's show, his height and figure matches that of Cesaro. Look at him next to Satnam and he's got like 8 inches on him.

Last edited:

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I missed half of Rampage 😭

I don't get out of work until 5:30 and I got home about in just enough time to catch the last couple of minutes of Riho and Yuka.

I missed Danhausen!

Lethal v Takeshita was fire. I could literly feel some of those hits Takeshita dished onto Lethal!

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I missed half of Rampage 😭

I don't get out of work until 5:30 and I got home about in just enough time to catch the last couple of minutes of Riho and Yuka.

I missed Danhausen!

Lethal v Takeshita was fire. I could literly feel some of those hits Takeshita dished onto Lethal!

If you're in the US and have some form of cable/streaming package with TNT included the show goes up on demand tomorrow morning on the TNT app.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I'm about 2/3 through Rampage and if ever there was proof that the women's division deserves equal time this is it. A thrown together tag team feud to hype up the Owen Hart tournament was far more interesting than half the stuff on Dynamite.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Seeing a bunch of people in the crowd tonight wearing homemade Hookhausen t-shirts.

Even if it's not a long term thing with a proper tag run, it is definitely happening for at least one night only, there's too much t-shirt money to leave on the table to not do it.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
We are 22 days away from Double or Nothing, if you're planning to watch via FITE and wanna maximise the FITE points you get back, you wanna order it in the next 24 hours.

You get 4 points right now but then it will drop a point every week starting this Sunday.

www.fite.tv

▷ AEW: Double or Nothing 2022 - Official PPV Replay

Official PPV Replay: ✓ All Elite Wrestling ✓ Pro Wrestling, Events ✓ LIVE May 29, 8PM ET/5PM PT ✓ Chris Jericho, Adam Page "Hangman", Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson, Keith Lee, CM Punk, Matt Hardy, Penta El Zerom M, Brody King, Rey Fenix, Jungle Boy, MJF, Thunder Rosa, Eddie Kingston, PAC, Santana...

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
We are 22 days away from Double or Nothing, if you're planning to watch via FITE and wanna maximise the FITE points you get back, you wanna order it in the next 24 hours.

You get 4 points right now but then it will drop a point every week starting this Sunday.

www.fite.tv

Official PPV Replay: ✓ All Elite Wrestling ✓ Pro Wrestling, Events ✓ LIVE May 29, 8PM ET/5PM PT ✓ Chris Jericho, Adam Page "Hangman", Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson, Keith Lee, CM Punk, Matt Hardy, Penta El Zerom M, Brody King, Rey Fenix, Jungle Boy, MJF, Thunder Rosa, Eddie Kingston, PAC, Santana...
Thanks. Just paid for it and saving my credits for the Forbidden Door show.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017

www.fite.tv

thanks! will get it now, and save it for Forbidden Door!