• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Good news for us VPN users: they seem to work on NJPW World. So you can at least watch AEW's TV programming there and in addition to a Japanese commentary option they seem to have just the straight FiteTV English feed as well. Obviously NJPW World doesn't have any real apps but it's generally pretty flexible in how you want to watch it so it may actually be a better option than the AEW+ on FITE now especially since you can also watch NJPW content. Just something to consider really.

THIS WORKS! :D thepenguin55

There was another user here who was also having issues...gonna try to find the name...

EDIT: opus Not sure if you've already canceled AEW+, but ProtonVPN is working for me to get around FITE's VPN detection.

Now to see if it has a mobile app, since my desktop still seems to detect the VPN when I want to order a show, but it doesn't stop me from watching AEW+ stuff.

EDIT 2: There is a mobile app, but FITE detects it, so I can't order PPVs for cheaper, but can at least watch Rampage and Dynamite commercial-free. Small W.

It'll be interesting to see how this progresses.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Good news for us VPN users: they seem to work on NJPW World. So you can at least watch AEW's TV programming there and in addition to a Japanese commentary option they seem to have just the straight FiteTV English feed as well. Obviously NJPW World doesn't have any real apps but it's generally pretty flexible in how you want to watch it so it may actually be a better option than the AEW+ on FITE now especially since you can also watch NJPW content. Just something to consider really.

That's cool. Does New Japan World play the shows live, or only after the fact? And are PPVs included? Because that would be...something.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
That's cool. Does New Japan World play the shows live, or only after the fact? And are PPVs included? Because that would be...something.
Outside of Japanese feeds for crossover PPVs I would guess PPVs are not included as I believe FITE TV in Japan handles AEW PPVs (could be wrong about that). So it's back to the not good BR app and $50 PPVs for me. Also, I know for sure the Japanese commentary feed does not air live… but the English feed of AEW shows might? I believe there was some conversation around that recently. At the very least I know the English feed goes up first.

EDIT: In fact, the Japanese commentary feeds seem to go up way after the fact as the most recent show to have Japanese commentary was last weeks Rampage. But the English feeds for Battle of the Belts 2 and Wednesdays Dynamite are on there. Looks like the eventual plan is for Japanese commentary to be live? Hard to find details about live broadcasting of AEW programming on NJPW World.

EDIT 2: Actually both of the English and Japanese feeds for AEW shows on NJPW World appear to be like the US on demand version which skips ad breaks INCLUDING PIP AD BREAKS. That said, sometimes the on demand versions on FiteTV would be this way as well so hopefully this won't be standard practice on NJPW World and hopefully they also have live feeds of AEW shows.

EDIT 3: I'm seeing multiple sites reporting that live Japanese broadcasting on NJPW World is planned but when that'll happen and if that'll also extend to live English broadcasting (assuming that isn't already happening?) seems to be up in the air.

Last edited:

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
That really sucks about Darius.

He looked more than fine in that match with the Hardys so I guess it's just some bad luck while training?

Captain C

Oct 27, 2017
I refuse to pay 40 bucks for a Sling account or more for cable, just to watch AEW. I have a VPN already so I'll fight to use AEW+ until a better streaming deal is struck. Even if that means I need to pay via an old version of Fite just so I can use a VPN to get to the payment screen, lol

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pleasantly surprised Forbidden Door is just the usual $20 here in Europe. I expected $30 since it's a co produced event where both promotions might share revenue. Or TK is paying the broadcast bill and NJPW is just compensated for the talent they provide.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I refuse to pay 40 bucks for a Sling account or more for cable, just to watch AEW. I have a VPN already so I'll fight to use AEW+ until a better streaming deal is struck. Even if that means I need to pay via an old version of Fite just so I can use a VPN to get to the payment screen, lol
Well, if your sub is set to auto renew and you're able to watch on a PC, then you're golden. You just can't watch on anything other than a PC browser, and you can't watch AEW PPVs on there anymore. So assuming you're in the US you'll be back to paying $50 if you want to watch an AEW PPV. Also, if your auto renewal for AEW+ gets turned off somehow and you don't turn it back on you'll probably be SOL? Maybe? Unless you have an older version of the app?

Last edited:

Captain C

Oct 27, 2017
Well, if your sub is set to auto renew and you're able to watch on a PC, then you're golden. You just can't watch on anything other than a PC browser, and you can't watch AEW PPVs on there anymore. So assuming you're in the US you'll be back to paying $50 if you want to watch an AEW PPV. Also, if your auto renewal for AEW+ gets turned off somehow and you don't turn it back on you'll probably be SOL? Maybe? Unless you have an older version of the app?

If you have the older version of the app, you can still buy PPVs with a VPN. I can confirm this because as a response to your post, I successfully bought DON for $20 on the Fite app via VPN just to make sure it works, haha!

EDIT: I just wanted to point out that I have an Android, and found an older apkmirror of the app. I use the Android app to purchase AEW+ and the PPVs, and connect my computer to my TV to watch via the browser version of Fite.

Razorskin

Oct 25, 2017
The tournament ends at the PPV and I think he's facing Hangman at the PPV.

Without seeing the full lineups I think the Owen should probably go to someone who really needs a strong build, I'm thinking Andrade, Cole or PAC.
Please not Cole, he's already prominently featured on Dynamite regularly.

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
For what it's worth I think Jamie will win the Owen Hart Tournament women's bracket by beating Britt in the final.

Going with Kyle to win the men's bracket.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Been a minute, but since we're fresh off the New Japan announcement, here are my current AEW Fave Five:

1. Bryan Danielson
2. Jon Moxley
3. Hikaru Shida
4. Jade Cargill
5. Eddie Kingston

Ask me again in 10 minutes, and I'll give you a different answer.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
A note on Kota Ibushi

According to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, top NJPW superstar Kota Ibushi is roughly 70-80% ready to return following a gruesome shoulder injury he suffered in the G1 Climax finals against Kazuchika Okada.

Reports are that the side Ibushi sustained the injury on tires and hurts him quickly, nor does he have his full strength back. It is added that when his full strength and balance returns he will be ready for in-ring action.

Guessing NJPW won't rush him back for a match at the supershow.

How about he just loses and fades in obscurity?

lol I am also ready for a break

Been a minute, but since we're fresh off the New Japan announcement, here are my current AEW Fave Five:

1. Bryan Danielson
2. Jon Moxley
3. Hikaru Shida
4. Jade Cargill
5. Eddie Kingston

1. Punk
2. FTR
3. Eddie
4. Daddy Magic
5. Jade

opus

Oct 25, 2017
THIS WORKS! :D thepenguin55

There was another user here who was also having issues...gonna try to find the name...

EDIT: opus Not sure if you've already canceled AEW+, but ProtonVPN is working for me to get around FITE's VPN detection.

Now to see if it has a mobile app, since my desktop still seems to detect the VPN when I want to order a show, but it doesn't stop me from watching AEW+ stuff.

EDIT 2: There is a mobile app, but FITE detects it, so I can't order PPVs for cheaper, but can at least watch Rampage and Dynamite commercial-free on my laptop. Small W. Much preferred the older method of firing it up on my phone and casting it to my TV. Ah well.

If you have the older version of the app, you can still buy PPVs with a VPN. I can confirm this because as a response to your post, I successfully bought DON for $20 on the Fite app via VPN just to make sure it works, haha!

EDIT: I just wanted to point out that I have an Android, and found an older apkmirror of the app. I use the Android app to purchase AEW+ and the PPVs, and connect my computer to my TV to watch via the browser version of Fite.

Thanks. This is a bummer-I didn't even necessarily mind paying full price for the PPVs, but FITE's experience was so much better than Bleacher Report-even considering I was AirPlaying from my phone. It was also rare that I could actually watch Dynamite or Rampage live on the west coast, so I wound up just watching them on YouTube TV the next day anyway.

If there was an easy way to roll back the app update on the Google TV in my office, I'd do that, but I'm probably not going to bother with the effort. It's a shame, though. I wonder if this push is being driven by FITE or AEW? I'm guessing the latter.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
When do you think Omega and Danielson runs it back?

I want it ASAP.

S as in safe, get well soon Cleaner :(

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017

1. Bryan Danielson
2. Jon Moxley
3. Hikaru Shida
4. Jade Cargill
5. Eddie Kingston

1. Danielson
2. FTR
3. Punk
4. Yuta
5. MJF

edit: putting MJF over Darby.

Speaking of which while I'm here, is anyone off to the wrestle con in Liverpool over the weekend? never been but sounds like fun.

Last edited:

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile

1. Bryan Danielson
2. Jon Moxley
3. Hikaru Shida
4. Jade Cargill
5. Eddie Kingston

1. Danielson
2. Hangman Page
3. Jon Moxley
4. Thunder Rosa
5. FTR

EDIT: Fuck actually this is way harder. I need to fit MJF somewhere in there. I think I'd replace FTR or Rosa with MJF, but I'd also have to put it above or something

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
My current top 5 not including Kenny and Lucha Bros since Fenix is injured would be:

1. Hangman
2. FTR
3. Andrade
4. Thunder Rosa
5. Jon Moxley

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
No particular order:

* Jon Moxley
* Bryan Danielson
* FTR
* CM Punk
* Eddie Kingston

Malakai Black and Jamie Hayter are also my people but the rest are more active at the moment so this is the in-the-moment top 5.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
When do you think Omega and Danielson runs it back?

I want it ASAP.

S as in safe, get well soon Cleaner :(
2023, gotta be. not something i think they're going to hold back on, outside of ensuring its got the biggest stage they can give it.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Per Meltzer

"When Bryan Danielson first teased the idea of the unit with Jon Moxley and mentioned Lee Moriarty, Daniel Garcia and Wheeler Yuta, there was talk of Garcia at one point in the unit but Chris Jericho personally picked Garcia to join the Jericho Appreciation Society."

It's working out well for both guys so *shrugs*

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
JRBQTDQ.png

LMAOOOOOOO Chucky T

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
Per Meltzer

It's working out well for both guys so *shrugs*

Has it really worked out for Garcia? He's fourth or fifth wheel in Jericho's group, when it was just him with 2.0 they were constantly being featured and he was in main events randomly. It's given 2.0 and specifically Lee/Menard an excuse to turn it up to 11 but Garcia is just kind of there in a feud that's no more prominent than what he was doing before.

Even if he was lowest on the totem pole in BCC, that entire group is focused around developing young talent in the story. Now he's in a group that is quite specifically meant to showcase somebody else.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
1. Hanger
2. FTR
3. Young Bucks
4. Bryan
5. Mox

Never thought I'd have Mox in my top 5. I've been a big fan of his AEW work, but more as a 4* general. He's really been impressive lately, though. His Bloodsport and NJPW matches have been fire. I give him most of the credit for the Yuta match being excellent. And he's the star of BCC next to Regal, IMO.

Otherwise, the rest of my top five have just been excellent as usual. Consistent outstanding in-ring performance.

opus

Oct 25, 2017

1. Bryan Danielson
2. Jon Moxley
3. Hikaru Shida
4. Jade Cargill
5. Eddie Kingston

I don't think I've actually done one of these before:

1. FTR
2. Jade Cargill
3. Ricky Starks
4. Hangman
5. Kris Statlander

OLI: Eddie Kingston, BCC, Punk

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Personally, if I was earmarked to hang around with Bryan, Mox and Regal but then got put with Jericho instead... I'd be pretty disappointed and extremely jealous of the others that got to go with them lol.

Obviously Jericho's thing isn't the worst spot, but to me BCC is everything. Anyone associated with something that cool is gonna be ridiculously over.

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
I'm gonna cheat and do all groups:

1. Team Taz
2. BCC
3. FTR
4. Jade and the Baddies
5. Eddie, Santana and Ortiz

It really is tough just picking 5.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Has it really worked out for Garcia? He's fourth or fifth wheel in Jericho's group, when it was just him with 2.0 they were constantly being featured and he was in main events randomly. It's given 2.0 and specifically Lee/Menard an excuse to turn it up to 11 but Garcia is just kind of there in a feud that's no more prominent than what he was doing before.

Even if he was lowest on the totem pole in BCC, that entire group is focused around developing young talent in the story. Now he's in a group that is quite specifically meant to showcase somebody else.

Jericho has a lot of negatives but he builds stars. Everyone in the Inner Circle left in a much higher profile position.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Top 5:

1) Cody, but specifically during his Ogogo angle
2) Miro, but during his 'Best Man' phase
3) Britt Baker smack dab in the middle of her like 5-year reign of terror
4) Jake Hager, but like JAS version I actually didn't mind him as window dressing in Inner Circle
5) Riho, but unironically, she's actually kinda based

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
Jericho has a lot of negatives but he builds stars. Everyone in the Inner Circle left in a much higher profile position.

Sammy did and look where that's gotten us, but Santana and Ortiz were stuck as his other underlings forever and now that they're out they're still feuding with him. MJF is the only other one and he was already high profile before Jericho and was only under him for a few months with signs of him turning on them immediately.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Damn it, how did I forget FTR? Re-do…

1. Danielson
2. FTR
3. Moxley
4. Shida
5. Jade

To follow up, I got a chuckle thinking of AEW/New Japan supershow NIGHTMARE MATCHES. Stuff you just wouldn't want to see.

Evil vs. Bobby Fish
Taichi vs. Sting

Please feel free to join in.

Last edited: