• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I don't necessarily even mind Andrade losing to Darby here, I just want him in more interesting feuds. The Family Office stuff just feels like jobber central, like something that would have been on Sunday Night Heat 20 years ago.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
I don't necessarily even mind Andrade losing to Darby here, I just want him in more interesting feuds. The Family Office stuff just feels like jobber central, like something that would have been on Sunday Night Heat 20 years ago.

The craziest thing to me is that this whole HFO thing started over a year ago and it still couldn't be more inconsequential. I get that its main purpose is to give some TV time to people, but everyone that has been a part of it feels completely irrelevant and worse off.

At least the gimmick fits Andrade a bit better but it still sucks.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
RE: Andrade needing a big win

Did we already forget he beat Darby clean a couple of weeks ago in a banger? @-@ Darby was always going to win the rematch with his now-trademark stip.

AEW does need to do a better job of reminding us of things, though. It's the price we pay for having such a massive roster with limited TV time. Some things inevitably won't get the focus they maybe deserve. For instance, I would have liked a video package or a more substantial acknowledgment of the Hangman/Cole Texas death match from last Friday. That was a big win for Hangman, but it's already in the rear view, and it's just on to the next one and leaving it up to fans to build things in their head canons.
Wouldn't say completely clean, Darby had him in a submission then AFO or whatever they're called came running down and Darby let go of the hold to dive on them then went back in the ring and lost

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I'm still very much dialed into the Shida/Deeb feud, but they've done a poor job of keeping the story on people's minds with multi-week breaks between segments. They should do a video package of their previous four matches to remind people of how we got here because I've heard and read enough to know that much of the audience doesn't know which match number this is for them, or remember what happened to get them here. I'm invested, but they need to do a better job of reminding people.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Andrade is one of the best wrestlers on the roster and they've been 50-50 him WWE style in his 3 big feuds he's had since he came to AEW. He's 1-1 in singles matches against PAC, Cody and now Darby.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Darby literally closed the casket on his feud with Andrade last night. He did the same with Ethan in their casket match. I think y'all wanting Andrade to wrestle with someone else will be getting your wish. I'm fine with that too.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
So I think we should all be mentally prepared for lots of 3 on 3 matches and faction stuff at the super show.

The easiest way to book stuff like this is to put big stars into tag matches and have someone else eat the pin.

Like get ready for BPCC to fight CHAOS instead of the 1 v 1 matches of your dreams.

Thats basically how they booked the NOAHxNJPW super show.

That said I 100% believe that Great O Kahn and Jeff Cobb are dropping the IWGP tag belts to FTR.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like I'm on an island here, but does anyone else think the Deeb/Shida stuff is like super boring and a blood feud that just won't end?
I liked their feud and won't complain about getting more of it but it felt like that feud got the proper blow off and both women should be moving onto something else. Problem is it's AEW so women moving on from a feud just means disappearing from TV for months so keeping this feud going at least seems to keep them on TV. Which is mind boggling as they're probably the two best women wrestlers on the roster.

Also, unrelated but an adjacent topic, I think the reason fans get so tired of AEW womens champions is because women get so little TV time that if you're only watching AEW TV week to week the only women you're seeing on a consistent basis are the champions. So some people get sick of seeing them.

Last edited:

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA

💜💜💜💜💜💜

Sorry if this was posted earlier in the thread but Yuta's new theme RULES

I love this theme. Listened to it a bunch already. Definitely got some Misawa/Kobashi vibes from it.

*barges in* Hi, I just started watching after taking a loooooooong break from wrestling.

Hi there friend 😊😊 Welcome!!

I'm still very much dialed into the Shida/Deeb feud, but they've done a poor job of keeping the story on people's minds with multi-week breaks between segments. They should do a video package of their previous four matches to remind people of how we got here because I've heard and read enough to know that much of the audience doesn't know which match number this is for them, or remember what happened to get them here. I'm invested, but they need to do a better job of reminding people.

I think the story originally was going to end back in February after the TBS Title Tournament, but had to be extended when Shida went to Japan. This was before Japan lifted their restrictions, so Shida was gone for about a month. She came back right before Revolution, so it just seemed like bad timing. I do love the fact that it started in Philly and will end there too (Maybe I'm a bit biased on this regard lol).

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK

Did we already forget he beat Darby clean a couple of weeks ago in a banger? @-@ Darby was always going to win the rematch with his now-trademark stip.

AEW does need to do a better job of reminding us of things, though. It's the price we pay for having such a massive roster with limited TV time. Some things inevitably won't get the focus they maybe deserve. For instance, I would have liked a video package or a more substantial acknowledgment of the Hangman/Cole Texas death match from last Friday. That was a big win for Hangman, but it's already in the rear view, and it's just on to the next one and leaving it up to fans to build things in their head canons.
Well I'm only speaking for myself here but I definitely watched that match and I just don't remember anything about it, they've faced each other in so many incredibly similar matches that it's just blurring into one now.

EDIT: Someone mentioned the finish and yeah I do recall it now, it still doesn't stand out to me.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017
Well I'm only speaking for myself here but I definitely watched that match and I just don't remember anything about it, they've faced each other in so many incredibly similar matches that it's just blurring into one now.

EDIT: Someone mentioned the finish and yeah I do recall it now, it still doesn't stand out to me.

I was curious so I looked their matches up. They've wrestled four times. 2 singles matches. The coffin match is their second singles match. The tornado tag match at Revolution 2022 and the triple threat match vs Sammy on an episode of Rampage. I can see how their first 1 on 1 match would get overlooked.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
I liked their feud and won't complain about getting more of it but it felt like that feud got the proper blow off and both women should be moving onto something else. Problem is it's AEW so women moving on from a feud just means disappearing from TV for months so keeping this feud going at least seems to keep them on TV. Which is mind boggling as they're probably the two best women wrestlers on the roster.

Also, unrelated but an adjacent topic, I think the reason fans get so tired of AEW womens champions is because women get so little TV time that if you're only watching AEW TV week to week the only women you're seeing on a consistent basis are the champions. So some people get sick of seeing them.

I wonder if this Shida/Deeb booking was meant to be Leyla/Stat, but Leyla's injury forced them to continue this feud to fill in the grudge match slot.

It having to be Shida/Deeb yet again could possibly be a result of the utterly piss poor building of the rest of the division, leading to no other women having the same level of feud that could possibly have the same effect that could fill that spot.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I was curious so I looked their matches up. They've wrestled four times. 2 singles matches. The coffin match is their second singles match. The tornado tag match at Revolution 2022 and the triple threat match vs Sammy on an episode of Rampage. I can see how their first 1 on 1 match would get overlooked.
Again this is just coming from me and my poor memory but if TK wants to do some feuds where the participants fight each other countless times over 1-3 months then I think it might be a good idea to introduce the "Best of X Series" concept, a quick video recap of all the encounters and finishes, feud records "Darby has 2 wins, Andrade has 3 wins".

Or just come up with ways to make each match stand out better, doesn't have to be a gimmick match but it could be that one match has no interference, one match focuses on submissions, another could have Darby injured

I know someone above said that it is likely over because Darby won Darby's special match, I get that and hope it's the case but I could easily see Andrade complain next week that Sting interfered to get one more shot at Darby.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile

I didn't but as other mentioned, it isn't a "big" win when Darby, Sting, friends and the AFO has been battling around for a long time already and it's becoming the same thing every time.

That previous match was very good until the interference and shenanigans ending. Which is fine on itself, but we've seen it too much. I just want Darby vs Andrade making each other look amazing and end the thing without the AFO and Sting or friends.

Agreed on the other stuff though. But I guess they didn't want to remind us too much that Cole has been a geek that only wins by cheating and then care about him making the announcement of the NJPW stuff.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Proposed end to AFO vs. Darby and his dad:
Cage match between Darby and Andrade at TBD event to keep the AFO and Hardy's/Sting out of it. Throw in a number one contender for the TNT title stip if necessary given that's what most of this started with. They've shown they can put on a great singles match and Darby getting chucked around like a rag doll into the cage by Andrade should be good fun to watch.

OOOORRRR. Big cluster fuck match with the Hardy's Sting, and Darby vs Private Party, Andrade, and Blade (War games, Blood and Guts, Stadium Stampede, don't really care, just an excuse for shit to fly. Nice callback to Matt vs Darby for the TNT title too I'd suppose). Throw in a good stip like a TNT title shot (or something more unique to the feud, honestly don't care here either) to add stakes beyond just getting these guys away from each other.

Either way AFO/Andrade should win. Darby losing in a cluster fuck match doesn't hurt him IMO and Andrade needs to go on a tear ASAP.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Also why was Dante the one to take the pin in a match that featured Brock Anderson?

I wonder who wasn't supposed to be in this match, was it supposed to be Top Flight + Moriarty or Brock & Johnson + Moriarty?

You'd think if it was the latter that they'd find someone lesser than Dante for the team. One of the Martins taking the fall when teamed with Moriarty makes sense given Moriarty's link to the BCC.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna throw out some concerns I'm having:

1. Britt is going to win the Owen Hart Cup for the women's side. It should go to an up and coming star in the making, and I do think that happens on the men's side of things (O'Reilly winning last night for example), but I think this is how Britt stays in the limelight for the women's division.
2. TK is a huge mark for NJPW and RoH, and I get it. But, AEW is its own thing, and it needs to be its own thing. 2019-2020 was fantastic because you had all of these stars in the making, with a healthy mix of some vets already established. I want to get back to that. The Forbidden Door was cool for a while, but I'm ready to get back to long term PPV builds.
3. Speaking of making stars, Andandre is one of them, and I really am starting to worry about his future status. This feud w/ Darby needs to end, the Family Office has run its course. Within that, you have Butcher/Blade (probably my most underrated team on the roster), Private Party, they need to be on their own. This Family Office stuff just isn't working. Please let it end so Andandre can ascend. He needs to have the TNT Title and get a run w/ it like Miro had.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Trying to think of realistic dream matches for the supershow, assuming it's gonna be a near full show of singles matches (lol), both sides can look strong, no major champions lose and all matches are cross promotion.

I'm also assuming guys like Kenny and Ibushi won't be good enough to go.

Punk vs Tanahashi
Cole vs Okada
Danielson vs ZSJ
OC vs Yano
BCC vs United Empire tag match (Ospreay + ?)
Joe vs Ishii
Miro vs Shingo

Fuck it run Sting vs Minoru Suzuki

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017

New trending GIF on Giphy | Giphy, Macho man randy savage, Gif

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Trying to think of realistic dream matches for the supershow, assuming it's gonna be a near full show of singles matches (lol), both sides can look strong, no major champions lose and all matches are cross promotion.

Punk vs Tanahashi
Cole vs Okada
Danielson vs ZSJ
OC vs Yano
BCC vs United Empire tag match (Ospreay + ?)
Joe vs Ishii
Miro vs Shingo

Fuck it run Sting vs Minoru Suzuki

Do you want Sting's chest and jaw bones to turn to dust?

Last edited:

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Let's all take a moment to appreciate Jose bumpin' for the business.

Bums me out that the Jungle Boy/KOR match hasn't gotten more of a reaction. I loved so much about it. My MOTN for sure.

msboo001

Oct 25, 2017
Been a while since there's been a Dynamite to quickly forget but this weeks episode was it.

By AEW's standards, this is one of the worse shows they've done for a good while for me.

I liked Punk-Dustin, the BCC match, the Wardlow segment, Eddie promo, Deeb/Shida video package, the MJF/Jake segment, Danhausen finally getting to do something other than curse people, the supershow announcement (not the segment) and that's about it.

JB-KoR was slow, boring and the crowd just wasn't that into it. I'm not gonna cry about a heel straight up winning clean in AEW but the ending fell real flat, like it just happened and tbh the crowd seemed surprised too. Again nothing wrong with that but I feel like a surprise should also make sense looking back and I don't think the match was built so that this ending felt natural.

Everything related to the women on this show (bar the Shida/Deeb stuff) was dire and TK should feel embarrassed by what he put on screen tonight. Put aside the "match", the content of Britt's promo was trash and her mic work was awful. If only there was an incident in the past where Britt wrestled then cut a terrible post match promo that could've showed us that letting her do it again would've been a bad idea.

Thunder Rosa is still your AEW World Backstage Champion and restricted to generic 30 second fighting champion promos.

The Sammy stuff wasn't that bad with them actually leaning into it more now but IDGAF about Scorpio Sky because 1. he sucks and 2. is continually upstaged by both Lambert and Ethan. Why would I care about Scorpio? Why is this feud still going? Can we just put the men aside and get to the PvZ match already?

Backstage filler from the "Undisputed Elite" who can't win matches.

Adam Cole has supposedly done enough in AEW to hijack announcing a massive cross promotion supershow spot from the presidents of said company. Sorry Cole but I'd rather hear Tony talk. Then Jay White came out to fill time and try get us excited for the Bullet Club in 2022.

Darby-Andrade was just another garbage brawl, filled with interference, and the most interesting thing that happened was Sting repeating his big dive from Revolution. Darby wins but it doesn't feel definitive enough to feel like the feud is over.

There was also more missed spots/wrong camera cuts on this show and I had issues with the FITE feed.

A real, uninspired creatively lazy effort this week that is hopefully just the usual one week blip.

I cannot imagine what it's like to walk in your shoes every day msboo001, I hope you're in a better place today and just wish I could say or do more than send positive thoughts for you.

Thank you... I hope you are feeling better

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK

Bums me out that the Jungle Boy/KOR match hasn't gotten more of a reaction. I loved so much about it. My MOTN for sure.
I'll give it another shot later, I was definitely expecting a different type of match for those two and that will have played with my enjoyment of the match.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017

I'm not sure how realistic my list is but here's the matches I want to see at some point:
Danielson vs ZSJ - This post is already 5 stars
Mox vs Tanahashi - This match has been in the wings for too long now.
Ishii vs Miro - MEAT
OC (or Danhausen) vs Toru Yano I just want some dumb fun in between the high workrate stuff
Punk vs KENTA - Custody of GTS on a pole match.

No clue what I'd do with Bullet Club/Undisputed Elite without Kenny or Ibushi as I'm not up to date on any NJPW stories.
Plenty of people I don't have a good match for off the top of my head (Naito, Joe, Osprey, Lethal, Andrade, Okada) CHAOS vs BCC could be wild but I want those first two matches more. Also get Shooter in the BCC.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017

The crowd isn't into the slower style of wrestling when it doesn't feature someone like Punk or a legend like Dustin Rhodes. It was a fine match, but not one that's going to pop a crowd. The AEW style is typically to start out slow and build up the intensity. KOR/Jungle Boy didn't really have that, and I think that more due to KORs specializing in the grappling MMA style.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
"You don't want to be cursed Danhausen. You. Will. FIGHT. DANHAUSEN!"

Can't believe how much of a pop that got.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Dear TK - book Malakai vs Darby.

Book Andrade vs Adam Cole.

Book Sammy vs. Yuta and put the belt on Yuta.

Bring back Miro and have him take the belt off of Hangman in 6 months.

You're welcome.

mtlspider

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if this was posted earlier in the thread but Yuta's new theme RULES

I encourage anyone to turn up their speakers/headphones for this theme, it is a banger. It feels like it could belong in the opening level of a side scrolling beat em up (think Streets of Rage/Final Fight).

---

Looking forward to where they will take HOOK and Danhausen, this has real potential to have a great payoff.

Wardlow feud with MJF is the other compelling feud for me, I forsee them dragging this out a little further and probably Wardlow taking a beating/loss in the journey to make it all sink it. Then finally comeuppance for Spears first, then the final boss MJF.

Sammy was visibly shaken and bummed by the boos, but sometimes you gotta take one for the team and turn heel to salvage the situation.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I'm not sure how realistic my list is but here's the matches I want to see at some point:
Danielson vs ZSJ - This post is already 5 stars
Mox vs Tanahashi - This match has been in the wings for too long now.
Ishii vs Miro - MEAT
OC (or Danhausen) vs Toru Yano I just want some dumb fun in between the high workrate stuff
Punk vs KENTA - Custody of GTS on a pole match.

No clue what I'd do with Bullet Club/Undisputed Elite without Kenny or Ibushi as I'm not up to date on any NJPW stories.
Plenty of people I don't have a good match for off the top of my head (Naito, Joe, Osprey, Lethal, Andrade, Okada) CHAOS vs BCC could be wild but I want those first two matches more. Also get Shooter in the BCC.
I genuinely think Punk doesn't want to take KENTA's strikes.

Punk seems to banter with/about guys he'd be happy to face, never seen that with KENTA.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely think Punk doesn't want to take KENTA's strikes.

Punk seems to banter with/about guys he'd be happy to face, never seen that with KENTA.
oh I agree. It's why I prefaced my post with "I'm not sure how realistic my list is..."
KENTA seems legit salty Punk took "his" move and became mega popular. I just want to see what happens. If we learned anything from Punk's brief UFC stint is that he can take a punch. For me it's a "dream match" in that KENTA can hopefully exercise that demon and stop whining about GTS vs GTS.

Sammy was visibly shaken and bummed by the boos, but sometimes you gotta take one for the team and turn heel to salvage the situation.
Yeah but to Tay's credit she heeled it up real good.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
The "This is only for their hardcore fans and won't grow the audience" discourse was in full effect last night. Some choice responses.

AEW could certainly do more to help new viewers feel more included, but I always think back to my own experience with pro wrestling as a kid, and how I got back into it after a 10-year break: I saw cool-looking people doing cool-looking stuff, and I made the effort to learn more about the cool-looking stuff that captured my attention.

I know I shouldn't encourage it with clicks, but my new favorite thing on Twitter is reading the tweets (in relation to the likes of Mox and FTR being happy & succeeding in AEW) that are like "yeah but AEW couldn't pull [insert rating here]". I very much enjoy that the only remaining tactic for online discourse with anti-fans is to shoehorn specific ratings into a discussion about how happy individual people are with their jobs. I have a hard time believing CM Punk has ever dwelled on a TV rating for his matches.