• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
If Kenny and Ibushi are both healthy by Forbidden Door, fly in Tetsuya Endo and do Kenny & Takeshita vs Ibushi & Endo.

Yeah that might be a bit too much DDT participation for an AEW/NJPW show, but whatever just do it.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
- Punk vs Dustin was a good slow-burner. Punk heeled it up a bit.
- BCC vs Dante, Moriarty & Anderson was good. Regal on commentary is a blessing.
- Undisputed Elite in a slump... for now. Joe is inevitable. Jade's stable shaping up nicely.
- Super Show! Adam Cole lol. Ishii in the Owen Cup! Jay White finally back. The NJPW President showing up in person was cool.
- Butcher vs Wardlow was solid. Spears & MJF throwing popcorn lol. Wardlow with the VIP security treatment. Kingston the Reaper.
- Kyle vs Jungle Boy was good. Shock result.
- Wardlow/Archer should be fun.
- Hook vs Henry was solid. Danhausen squaring up to Hook lol.
- Nice Thunder Rosa promo. Double turn complete. Cheers for Ethan!
- Kamela vs DMD was solid. The fans were happy to see Britt and the players. Promo was weak.
- Looking forward to the Shida/Deeb street fight. Bret Hart next week?
- Andrade vs Darby coffin match was good. Would have preferred Andrade win but it makes sense to establish a winning streak for Darby in his specialty match. Sting crowd spot was funny.

FQ1IEv1WUAAhybG

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
OK, I've given it some thought and here's my personally hoped for Forbidden Door card (presuming everyone is fit and/or available by then, and assuming there are no women's matches):

---

Opener: Punk vs. KENTA

Ospreay, O-Khan & Cobb vs. Death Triangle (PAC, Penta & Fenix) - Ospreay in the ring with PAC and Fenix PLEASE!

Miro vs Ishii

LIJ (Naito & Andrade) vs. FTR

Hiromu vs. Darby - Oh my god please do this

Danielson vs. ZSJ - with Shibata appearing at the entrance to staredown Danielson

Tanahashi, Ibushi, Okada & Wato vs. Undisputed Elite (Young Bucks & ReDRagon) - Kenny runs out at the end to save Ibushi from a vicious beat down after losing

Main event: Wangman vs. Shingo

EDIT: Shit, forgot about Jay White and the BC. They will no doubt be involved somehow, but I've no idea where. Maybe he gets rolled into the Undisputed Elite match to make it a 5v5.

Last edited:

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Punk is 100% having a match at Forbidden Door, and maybe even as AEW champion. Punk vs. Okada?… @-@

Punk vs. Kenta seems like the match, though, and it's an easy one to book. Kenta can definitely take a loss to Punk. I'm sure New Japan sees that too.

TUFCfan

Oct 27, 2017
More than anything I'm hoping for a more significant AEW presence in the BotSJ. I think a lot of the smaller and younger guys could gain a hell of a lot from that experience, and New Japan really need a shake up with some new names in that tourney.
This is what I'm hoping for as well. Sending over a few promising youngsters like Top Flight to take part in BotSJ would be great for their development and they're already good enough to have some exciting matches throughout the tournament.

Nov 23, 2017
Please share general impression spoilers for Rampage behind tags!

The Cole vs Ishii match felt like a legit 4 stars or a 3 and a half stars at the LEAST. It was a fun banger and went toe to toe consistently. I personally found it to be better than Punk vs Rhodes but by a slim margin as I loved that match too. Eddie Kingston's match against Daniel Garcia was pretty decent too. Eddie is fired up for his feud against Jericho and it feels spicy. Lance Archer won a squash match in what felt like a legit minute. I wish I could figure out what the heck they're going to do with him long term. I can talk about these in more detail if folks want me to.

The Jade Cargill vs Marina Shafir match was absolutely awful. Multiple botches, every single move and setup was ultra slow, and it made for a total downer. Typically, slower and more methodical matches are a-ok with me. You can just tell how telegraphed the whole affair was though and it brought it down several levels. The thing is, me and my section are into Jade Cargill and were just legit sad when that match ended. I'll be frank, Marina was not the opponent in this spot that Jade should have gotten. Marina herself wasn't ready for that spot in the Rampage main event. I think the world of Jade Cargill but I feel like they absolutely fucked her here with the booking. Her mic skills weren't as sharp as usual too. Felt like a legit step back. I'm heartbroken. I think she's got it all. Her ring work needs a lot of seasoning but Tony's putting her in a tough spot by giving her the Goldberg role in modern day wrestling when fans who go to these shows are smarter than they were in 1997. So for Tony Khan to put Jade in a marquee role against an opponent who's also just as green as she is, we ended up with a recipe for disaster. They can fix this ASAP in her next match if it's much better but as for tonight, what a downer of an ending./SPOILER]

what's this I've read about a HOOK promo?

Yeah, sorta, he does do one. It fits in with his character though. Ultra chill, few words, just enough to spark the flame against Danhausen

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
britt sounds like she's about to fuckin die during this promo
Yeah, her delivery on all the burns was ruined by her trying not to be seen gasping for breath. From now on the only person allowed to do post match promos is Danielson, because he somehow never breaks a sweat. Or just give a little time before making her talk, but everything was incredibly rushed and compressed tonight

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
In theory if you put each AEW/ROH champion against it's equalivent in NJPW what would the card for Forbidden Door look like?

I haven't seen Dynamite yet but surely Moxley will face Tanahashi right?

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
The Cole vs Ishii match felt like a legit 4 stars or a 3 and a half stars at the LEAST. It was a fun banger and went toe to toe consistently. I personally found it to be better than Punk vs Rhodes but by a slim margin as I loved that match too. Eddie Kingston's match against Daniel Garcia was pretty decent too. Eddie is fired up for his feud against Jericho and it feels spicy. Lance Archer won a squash match in what felt like a legit minute. I wish I could figure out what the heck they're going to do with him long term. I can talk about these in more detail if folks want me to.

The Jade Cargill vs Marina Shafir match was absolutely awful. Multiple botches, every single move and setup was ultra slow, and it made for a total downer. Typically, slower and more methodical matches are a-ok with me. You can just tell how telegraphed the whole affair was though and it brought it down several levels. The thing is, me and my section are into Jade Cargill and were just legit sad when that match ended. I'll be frank, Marina was not the opponent in this spot that Jade should have gotten. Marina herself wasn't ready for that spot in the Rampage main event. I think the world of Jade Cargill but I feel like they absolutely fucked her here with the booking. Her mic skills weren't as sharp as usual too. Felt like a legit step back. I'm heartbroken. I think she's got it all. Her ring work needs a lot of seasoning but Tony's putting her in a tough spot by giving her the Goldberg role in modern day wrestling when fans who go to these shows are smarter than they were in 1997. So for Tony Khan to put Jade in a marquee role against an opponent who's also just as green as she is, we ended up with a recipe for disaster. They can fix this ASAP in her next match if it's much better but as for tonight, what a downer of an ending./SPOILER]

Yeah, sorta, he does do one. It fits in with his character though. Ultra chill, few words, just enough to spark the flame against Danhausen

Sad to read the Jade/Marina breakdown. I imagine they'll do their best to cover things in editing, but sounds like it's gonna be a bad time in terms of the Jade and women's division discourse on Friday.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
The "This is only for their hardcore fans and won't grow the audience" discourse was in full effect last night. Some choice responses.

AEW could certainly do more to help new viewers feel more included, but I always think back to my own experience with pro wrestling as a kid, and how I got back into it after a 10-year break: I saw cool-looking people doing cool-looking stuff, and I made the effort to learn more about the cool-looking stuff that captured my attention.

LOL Jose

Last edited:

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The "This is only for their hardcore fans and won't grow the audience" discourse was in full effect last night. Some choice responses.

AEW could certainly do more to help new viewers feel more included, but I always think back to my own experience with pro wrestling as a kid, and how I got back into it after a 10-year break: I saw cool-looking people doing cool-looking stuff, and I made the effort to learn more about the cool-looking stuff that captured my attention.

Reminds me of this legendary clip from Brandon 😂

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Been a while since there's been a Dynamite to quickly forget but this weeks episode was it.

By AEW's standards, this is one of the worse shows they've done for a good while for me.

I liked Punk-Dustin, the BCC match, the Wardlow segment, Eddie promo, Deeb/Shida video package, the MJF/Jake segment, Danhausen finally getting to do something other than curse people, the supershow announcement (not the segment) and that's about it.

JB-KoR was slow, boring and the crowd just wasn't that into it. I'm not gonna cry about a heel straight up winning clean in AEW but the ending fell real flat, like it just happened and tbh the crowd seemed surprised too. Again nothing wrong with that but I feel like a surprise should also make sense looking back and I don't think the match was built so that this ending felt natural.

Everything related to the women on this show (bar the Shida/Deeb stuff) was dire and TK should feel embarrassed by what he put on screen tonight. Put aside the "match", the content of Britt's promo was trash and her mic work was awful. If only there was an incident in the past where Britt wrestled then cut a terrible post match promo that could've showed us that letting her do it again would've been a bad idea.

Thunder Rosa is still your AEW World Backstage Champion and restricted to generic 30 second fighting champion promos.

The Sammy stuff wasn't that bad with them actually leaning into it more now but IDGAF about Scorpio Sky because 1. he sucks and 2. is continually upstaged by both Lambert and Ethan. Why would I care about Scorpio? Why is this feud still going? Can we just put the men aside and get to the PvZ match already?

Backstage filler from the "Undisputed Elite" who can't win matches.

Adam Cole has supposedly done enough in AEW to hijack announcing a massive cross promotion supershow spot from the presidents of said company. Sorry Cole but I'd rather hear Tony talk. Then Jay White came out to fill time and try get us excited for the Bullet Club in 2022.

Darby-Andrade was just another garbage brawl, filled with interference, and the most interesting thing that happened was Sting repeating his big dive from Revolution. Darby wins but it doesn't feel definitive enough to feel like the feud is over.

There was also more missed spots/wrong camera cuts on this show and I had issues with the FITE feed.

A real, uninspired creatively lazy effort this week that is hopefully just the usual one week blip.

I cannot imagine what it's like to walk in your shoes every day msboo001, I hope you're in a better place today and just wish I could say or do more than send positive thoughts for you.

Last edited:

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

LOL Jose

I've been dreaming about NJPW-AEW crossover since AEW became a thing a don't really care if "Casual Wrestling Fan" will be excited when the hall goes dark and a coin drop is heard.

I say that as someone who doesn't classify himself as a "hardcore wrestling fan"

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
*puts on heel cap*

Last night Dynamite didn't do much for me, but it was okay.

Positives:
+ Punk vs Dusty was solid, very old school stuff. Poped for Hangman, and as soon as I had them both in my screen I realized I'm full into Cowboy Shit and will be pissed if Punk wins.
+ Danhausen and Hook is working, because Danhausen is great and Hook is cool as fuck. The pairing makes absolute sense when you stop and think about it.
+ Trios match was great. Always love to see the BCC kicking heads, but it was nice to see some resistance. Regal on commentary is always an extra plus.
+Wardlow and MJF. Enough said, but this is the best thing going on next to BCC right now.
+ Next week's Dynamite looks to be great. I hope Sammy gets wrecked. Looking forward for Dax vs Cash.

"Meh":
. I don't care much for the NJPW + AEW announcement. I mean, I'm sure it'll be great, but since personally I'm not invested in NJPW it's hard for me to care much. I'm totally open for them to sell me the PPV and will buy it most likely. I just need them to make me really care beyond "having bangers".
. While Britt promo's instantly reminded me why she is so important to the product and why so many criticism around her makes me scratch my head, their match was pretty meh and short. I've already voiced my opinion on the state of the division. I just really hope that the Owen's tournament improves this.
. Darby vs Andrade was below my expectations. Maybe it's my fault for having expectations. First half of the match (the cluster fuck) was fun, but I am TIRED of seeing this week after week after week. Seriously, there should have been a stipulation of "everyone banned from ringside" so we can allow both Darby and Andrade to shine together. The rest of the match was eh. I didn't care by that point.

Negatives:
- I almost fell asleep during the Jungle Boy match. Seriously, I just couldn't get into the match. I blame you, SpaceSong
- They cut Andrade's fantastic Final Boss entrance. Fuck you, Tony Khan. Also Fuck You for giving Darby the win.
- Anything else I already forgot from last night.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Been a while since there's been a Dynamite to quickly forget but this weeks episode was it.

By AEW's standards, this is one of the worse shows they've done for a good while for me.

I liked Punk-Dustin, the BCC match, the Wardlow segment, Eddie promo, Deeb/Shida video package, the MJF/Jake segment, Danhausen finally getting to do something other than curse people, the supershow announcement (not the segment) and that's about it.

JB-KoR was slow, boring and the crowd just wasn't that into it. I'm not gonna cry about a heel straight up winning clean in AEW but the ending fell real flat, like it just happened and tbh the crowd seemed surprised too. Again nothing wrong with that but I feel like a surprise should also make sense looking back and I don't think the match was built so that this ending felt natural.

Everything related to the women on this show (bar the Shida/Deeb stuff) was dire and TK should feel embarrassed by what he put on screen tonight. Put aside the "match", the content of Britt's promo was trash and her mic work was awful. If only there was an incident in the past where Britt wrestled then cut a terrible post match promo that could've showed us that letting her do it again would've been a bad idea.

Thunder Rosa is still your AEW World Backstage Champion and restricted to generic 30 second fighting champion promos.

The Sammy stuff wasn't that bad with them actually leaning into it more now but IDGAF about Scorpio Sky because 1. he sucks and 2. is continually upstaged by both Lambert and Ethan. Why would I care about Scorpio? Why is this feud still going? Can we just put the men aside and get to the PvZ match already?

Backstage filler from the "Undisputed Elite" who can't win matches.

Adam Cole has supposedly done enough in AEW to hijack announcing a massive cross promotion supershow spot from the presidents of said company. Sorry Cole but I'd rather hear Tony talk. Then Jay White came out to fill time and try get us excited for the Bullet Club in 2022.

Darby-Andrade was just another garbage brawl, filled with interference, and the most interesting thing that happened was Sting repeating his big dive from Revolution. Darby wins but it doesn't feel definitive enough to feel like the feud is over.

There was also more missed spots/wrong camera cuts on this show and I had issues with the FITE feed.

A real, uninspired creatively lazy effort this week that is hopefully just the usual one week blip.

I'm glad you still managed to find around an hour of stuff that you did enjoy. I don't have any strong ripostes to your takes, as I can understand why you'd have those opinions even if I was more okay with some of the stuff than you were.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
From start to finish, this was a fantastic episode.

Great matches. Great promos from Britt, Rosa, Black, and Dan Lambert. A hot crowd all around, and the announcement was HUGE. Loved it.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still dumbfounded by how quickly Sammy effectively turned a Dan Lambert led stable face. This really speaks to the punchability of Sammy.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I think it also has a lot to do with Ethan Page being a very cool guy and Scorpio Sky having lots of good will from the crowd to him. So if you add the fact that Sammy has been completely hateable these weeks, yeah, it makes total sense that it ends in a double turn

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
That whole Sammy segment just felt right this time, versus how wrong the last few have been.

I'm a bit weirded out by babyface Lambert, but face Sammy and heel Scorpio and Ethan just didn't work for me. There's still time for them to fuck it up, but last night was a good sign so far.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017

I read this as a reply to a reddit thread about AEW cagematch ratings. If you want to argue that user reviews of a niche product (or a wildly popular product, for that matter) don't tell you much I'll tend to agree, but there were multiple posts that almost word for word said "All this tells you is that they make a product their audience likes, anybody can do that and claim they're doing well"

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I read this as a reply to a reddit thread about AEW cagematch ratings. If you want to argue that user reviews of a niche product (or a wildly popular product, for that matter) don't tell you much I'll tend to agree, but there were multiple posts that almost word for word said "All this tells you is that they make a product their audience likes, anybody can do that and claim they're doing well"

Out of this world, right? Most of those people aren't coming from honest places, anyway.

I haven't watched a full New Japan show in years, but there seems to be more of a buzz around them again lately, and a show like this might push me over the edge to get another World sub. This kind of stuff is good for pro wrestling in general. It also helps to keep in mind that wrestling fans exist in more places than just the United States. People have a hard time seeing outside their own bubble sometimes.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
Out of this world, right? Most of those people aren't coming from honest places, anyway.

I haven't watched a full New Japan show in years, but there seems to be more of a buzz around them again lately, and a show like this might push me over the edge to get another World sub.

Most of them aren't, but you've got to wonder about the people who watch WWE regularly with the attitude of "I sure fucking hate this, but at least they're bringing in more fans of Logan Paul"

Razorskin

Oct 25, 2017
As of now, no STARDOM talent for the Forbidden Door?

Yeah, as of now nothing announced. All we have is the CEO of New Japan saying "Never say never"
"This is an AEW-NJPW event, said Ohbari. "But the key phrase here is, 'Never say never.' Really nothing is off the table, and who knows what the future may hold for AEW and Stardom."
www.si.com

AEW, NJPW announce first-ever joint pay-per-view event - Sports Illustrated

The two promotions will join together in June after ongoing discussions of a potential partnership came to fruition.

I feel like at the very least we'll see the Joshis under AEW contracts have a match?

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
As of now, no STARDOM talent for the Forbidden Door?

That's the implication.

www.si.com

AEW, NJPW announce first-ever joint pay-per-view event - Sports Illustrated

The two promotions will join together in June after ongoing discussions of a potential partnership came to fruition.

"
Khan shared that the card will be full of matches pitting stars of the two companies against one another, though it is not out of the realm of possibility that there will also be a match pitting New Japan wrestlers against one another.

It is also possible that there are matches featuring only AEW talent. AEW has an outstanding women's division, but New Japan does not employ female wrestlers. Its parent company, Bushiroad, also owns Stardom, which is New Japan's sister promotion.

"This is an AEW-NJPW event, said Ohbari. "But the key phrase here is, 'Never say never.' Really nothing is off the table, and who knows what the future may hold for AEW and Stardom.""

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
It's kinda surprising to read the reactions on last nights crowd reaction to Hook-Danhausen stuff to me.

I said a few weeks ago that this thing will work because, both guys are loved by crowds and that their acts compliment the other perfectly (Danhausen is pure nonsense comedy. Hook is the no nonsense straight man).

Unless you can't write for shit, this has been done successfully so many times in wrestling, even in WWE, that it should be impossible to screw up.

I don't know if they'll actually go this way with it but I'm expecting them to eventually team up and they'll quickly become the most over tag team on the roster.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
When Cole hijacked the announcement it felt like it was a way to further the not-so-subtle Kenny Omega feud they've been teasing for when he inevitably returns. Saying he's "one of the biggest stars to wrestle in Japan" and "an announcement like this wouldn't even be possible if it wasn't for a guy like me". Really just felt like a dig at Kenny and Cole replacing him in The Elite etc, so that was funny.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile

I haven't watched a full New Japan show in years, but there seems to be more of a buzz around them again lately, and a show like this might push me over the edge to get another World sub. This kind of stuff is good for pro wrestling in general. It also helps to keep in mind that wrestling fans exist in more places than just the United States. People have a hard time seeing outside their own bubble sometimes.

I kinda understand both (good intended) positions. It's obviously good for pro-wrestling and it just can't be a bad show. But I really want AEW to push beyond their current state and dominate in ratings and stuff. Like, I won't say that they shouldn't do this show, because there's 0 reason NOT to do a joint event - specially considering that it may actually generate more buzz and I don't know yet -, but I would also like to see AEW do stuff that reaches new audiences and keep growing.

There's no rush anyway. I think we're still in the later stages of the "early adopters" of the brand.

Most of them aren't, but you've got to wonder about the people who watch WWE regularly with the attitude of "I sure fucking hate this"

FTFY

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
*barges in* Hi, I just started watching after taking a loooooooong break from wrestling.

Nov 23, 2017
Sad to read the Jade/Marina breakdown. I imagine they'll do their best to cover things in editing, but sounds like it's gonna be a bad time in terms of the Jade and women's division discourse on Friday.

Yeah, it's going to do some damage to the discourse for sure. I really need Tony to step it up for the women's division. He also needs to go back to having Jade wrestle seasoned vets or at least folks who can hold their own consistently for a while.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I'm glad you still managed to find around an hour of stuff that you did enjoy. I don't have any strong ripostes to your takes, as I can understand why you'd have those opinions even if I was more okay with some of the stuff than you were.
I think I asked you a couple of weeks ago about how Dynamite was and you basically said well the first half was good and I ended up loving the whole show.

I recognise people are way higher on guys like Cole and definitely Scorpio than me.

That main event was just such a disappointment to me, why can't they just have a one on one match with no interference? Was it even a blow off? You shouldn't have to wonder about these things. Also the Hardys were backstage, why didn't they help out Darby & Sting when the last 5 weeks all they've done is feud with the AFO and help out Darby & Sting?

This is what I mean by it feeling lazy last night, it just felt like we've got to have people on the show, doesn't matter what it's for or if we'd already done it before. It was like two different people booked the show.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017

Oof. That bad huh?

I'm disappointed to hear this, but after the last match we saw, I'm not surprised.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I think I asked you a couple of weeks ago about how Dynamite was and you basically said well the first half was good and I ended up loving the whole show.

I recognise people are way higher on guys like Cole and definitely Scorpio than me.

That main event was just such a disappointment to me, why can't they just have a one on one match with no interference? Was it even a blow off? You shouldn't have to wonder about these things. Also the Hardys were backstage, why didn't they help out Darby & Sting when the last 5 weeks all they've done is feud with the AFO and help out Darby & Sting?

This is what I mean by it feeling lazy last night, it just felt like we've got to have people on the show, doesn't matter what it's for or if we'd already done it before. It was like two different people booked the show.

Right there with you. I wanted the feud to be over by now, but I wouldn't mind a no interference match to end the thing and get Andrade over.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It was a good episode but if I had to point out some nit picks:

-The coffin match was good but Andrade just sort of feels stagnant. The Family Office stuff is just awful, and maybe some of it has to do with the Darby/Sting stuff sort of feeling long in the tooth. It feels like Sting/Darby have been in the same or similar type of angle for like 2 straight years. I have faith that AEW will figure out how to do something interesting with someone as talented as Andrade but hopefully it comes soon.

-I feel like I'm on an island here, but does anyone else think the Deeb/Shida stuff is like super boring and a blood feud that just won't end?

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017

-The coffin match was good but Andrade just sort of feels stagnant. The Family Office stuff is just awful, and maybe some of it has to do with the Darby/Sting stuff sort of feeling long in the tooth. It feels like Sting/Darby have been in the same or similar type of angle for like 2 straight years. I have faith that AEW will figure out how to do something interesting with someone as talented as Andrade but hopefully it comes soon.

-I feel like I'm on an island here, but does anyone else think the Deeb/Shida stuff is like super boring and a blood feud that just won't end?
Agreed on your first point. The matches are fun but the angles are stale. Andrade needs a big win after his hostile takeover and Darby/Sting while entertaining (I really enjoy their matches) just kind of feels "there" when it's not match time.

On the second point, I've been enjoying the feud mostly because it's a long term angle in the women's division not involving a title, so more of an oasis in the desert kind of thing. Their matches have all been excellent so whatever excuse they can use to keep bashing against each other works for me.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
RE: Andrade needing a big win

Did we already forget he beat Darby clean a couple of weeks ago in a banger? @-@ Darby was always going to win the rematch with his now-trademark stip.

AEW does need to do a better job of reminding us of things, though. It's the price we pay for having such a massive roster with limited TV time. Some things inevitably won't get the focus they maybe deserve. For instance, I would have liked a video package or a more substantial acknowledgment of the Hangman/Cole Texas death match from last Friday. That was a big win for Hangman, but it's already in the rear view, and it's just on to the next one and leaving it up to fans to build things in their head canons.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

Andrade still had zero exciting feuds since he joined

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021

I feel you. I'd like to see both Darby and Andrade move on to other things now.

I'm kinda ehh on the Shida/Deeb feud too despite liking both of them, but I don't feel like complaining too much about it because I've really enjoyed the matches themselves.