• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
To make up for all the lights out debuts, if Windham ever joins AEW he has to quietly walk down to the ring in normal attire and no music.

Toli08

Oct 27, 2017
Tony needs to stop using the lights out reveal. That should be now an exclusive house of black thing.

Feel like Singhs debut would of went over better if the Camera was focused on Joe and in the background you see a giant 7fter coming from the crowd.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
- Punk vs Penta was good. They did well to work around Punk's slip.
- Jericho arriving in style. Garcia running after the car lol.
- reDRagon vs Jurassic Express (c) was great. FTR vs reDRagon will draw stars if they get 20 minutes.
- Hayter vs Storm hype intensifying.
- Dean vs MJF was a nothing match but a hot angle. Wardlow getting a star reaction every time he shows up.
- Darby throwing down the gauntlet to Andrade. Whoever wins should be getting a title shot soon. Black needs a new direction.
- JAS vs LAX was solid.
- Blue vs Shafir was meh. Shafir is too slow and boring. She's no Baszler or Rousey. Not sure why she's being hot-shotted to a title match.
- Hook is a menace for hurting Danhausen.
- Team Taz vs Swerve & Lee was my MOTN. Big pop for Ricky. Taz interference was new. Must be sick of losing lol.
- We need more women's brawls but not like this. Nyla should have at least brought tacos.
- Joe vs Suzuki (c) was great. They should have gone longer with the overrun. Bad ending. I wonder if Satnam Singh can actually wrestle...

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Good episode.

Sucks that Skye didn't get much of a match though, and I'm really not keen at all at the WWE-esque 'oh mah god it's a giant unstoppable monster!' shit for the overrun. It's not why I prefer AEW, leave that shit for Vince.

Nov 5, 2017
Whole night of Dynamite was great until the debut at the end. I'm more annoyed that, after Suzuki lost, he went scurrying to the back. Hated literally seeing it as Lethal was on the mic. Would've been cool to have a moment after the match of them shaking hands, Suzuki leaves, Joe celebrates, then whatever they planned happened. Felt Suzuki could've been treated better.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
WWE-esque 'oh mah god it's a giant unstoppable monster!' shit for the overrun. It's not why I prefer AEW, leave that shit for Vince.

I've seen this sentiment a lot since last night and I think it's important to remember that WCW did this stuff a ton before WWF during the Attitude era - and with TK being a huge AE WCW mark, I feel like we can more attribute it to that influence.

The only thing in my mind that felt WWE last night was the Shafir/Skye match with the constant focus on "the baddies" distracting Shafir - when that should have just been Shafir coming out stone-faced, tossing Skye around, getting the submission, and then walking right back up the ramp. That's how you sell a threat, not with random people + Hogan and Velvet (for some reason) ringside causing a distraction.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I was just glad Lethal didn't interfere in the match and the end stuff came after. These women's qualifiers are hype killers though.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
I've seen this sentiment a lot since last night and I think it's important to remember that WCW did this stuff a ton before WWF during the Attitude era - and with TK being a huge AE WCW mark, I feel like we can more attribute it to that influence.

No doubt. I don't think TK is booking segments specifically to copy WWE, but it was very modern WWE-esque regardless of TK's actual inspirations. And I hated it, just like I always have. AEW have done really well thus far to avoid shit like this for the most part.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind hiring a super tall wrestler for the spectacle alone. What I don't get is why companies always bet on the giant that's an inch or two taller but who is clearly limited in his all around movement. WWE for example push Omos when they have Babatunde (Commander Azeez) or even Shanky. Both are pretty smooth for their size and obviously more comfortable in the ring than Omos.

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
I'm a huge idiot!! I completely forgot to say one of my favorite things last night in my write up. Nyla Rose with the quote of the year - "Jokes on you, I love cake ... and violence!!"

God , Nyla's so great. I need her to be a face.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
The worst thing about that singh angle is that it's kinda overshadowing what was otherwise a FANTASTIC episode of Dynamite don't @ me.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Ticketmaster has hosed me yet again. Showed up waaaay early to the queue for AEW tickets, and then stuck me on an infinite loop that required a refresh once the countdown ended. Refreshed and there are now 919 people ahead of me.

Vaskie

Oct 27, 2017
If I had to guess it would be the streaming deal.

Before the ROH announcement we got word that TK had a backup announcement in case that didn't get finalised in time so I think it's likely to be that.

I honestly hope you're right. It's been my assumption for the past 2-3 announcements but every time it turned out to be something else.

It has to be it right ?

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I honestly hope you're right. It's been my assumption for the past 2-3 announcements but every time it turned out to be something else.

It has to be it right ?
Considering the buyout of WM has gone through now I think it's likely.

Won't effect me since I just use fite in the UK but I know it's something people want and could help them get some extra exposure.

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
If I had to guess it would be the streaming deal.

Before the ROH announcement we got word that TK had a backup announcement in case that didn't get finalised in time so I think it's likely to be that.

It has to be it right ?

Now would be the time to announce a steaming deal for Double or Nothing. You can't order it yet, so you won't infuriate your customers by giving them a cheaper option after they already ordered the PPV from somewhere else.

If Dynamites get put on there within a few days of airing, I can cancel my Sling subscription. Paying 15 bucks a month is much better than 40. I'm assuming it'll be HBO Max.

Got my tickets! After selling my previous St. Louis tickets I'm going to the Dynamite debut!

Congrats!! I so want to attend a show, but no money or a ride to the city makes it nearly impossible. To top it off, there in Philly in two weeks 😤

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Just how happy were you with that Ricky Starks tag match btw?

I was marking out when he was walking the ropes and doing a different jojo's pose every half second.

It was awesome! Rickyyyyy(!), Hobbs, Keith, and Swerve are all top tier and their chemistry together is amazing! Was fantastic getting ⚡️'s A-story on 🧨. Rickyyyyy(!) showed out, Hobbs nailed another ridiculous spinebustah, and Team Taz won in spite of Swerve/Keith's attempts to cheat so what's not to love? (doing a moonsault off of your own partner is an illegal move, I've seen the rule book it's definitely in there)

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Meanwhile, every qualifier for the Owen Hart women's tournament is just Person Who Matters vs YouTube Jobber.

I mean this works because it means that every official tournament bracket will be Person Who Matters vs Person Who Matters. But since we're having short jobbing matches, we should be getting at least two per show so we can get faster through the qualifiers and it'd work to get more women's matches at the same time.

I think it's pretty much clear that Tony Khan doesn't see women's wrestling as the draw it is.

Oct 25, 2017
Going to be very interesting to see/hear the crowd reaction to Nyla vs Rosa. It's been built up well by AEW woman's division standards so hopefully the crowd reacts.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
I don't mind hiring a super tall wrestler for the spectacle alone. What I don't get is why companies always bet on the giant that's an inch or two taller but who is clearly limited in his all around movement. WWE for example push Omos when they have Babatunde (Commander Azeez) or even Shanky. Both are pretty smooth for their size and obviously more comfortable in the ring than Omos.

Outside of Andre and Show, has there ever been a giant that has ever gotten in over in any sense of the word? (And I'm making the distinction between actual giants and just big men like a Kane).

On top of that, the top guys now, and moreso in AEW, are not bodybuilder-types who try to show off their strength. Adam Page is never going to have a Hogan slamming Andre moment, nor will anyone in the AEW main event picture. Sure you could maybe give that spot to Wardlow or Hobbes, but they're capable of more than that.

Last edited:

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Punk's matches are literally putting me to sleep, has he always been this boring to watch? the guy gets gassed 30 freaking seconds into the match

Ivol

Dec 12, 2017
Punk's matches are literally putting me to sleep, has he always been this boring to watch? the guy gets gassed 30 freaking seconds into the match
Seems like you're getting worked lol. Punk has been channeling Bret Hart since his return and one of the things Bret excelled at was selling how exhausted he got during his matches.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
It might have been Punk and Penta already doing it earlier in the night but watching the chop exchange with Joe and Suzuki made me think I don't want to see another long chop exchange for the rest of the year

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
It might have been Punk and Penta already doing it earlier in the night but watching the chop exchange with Joe and Suzuki made me think I don't want to see another long chop exchange for the rest of the year

chops were great, but they did a second round of them towards the end of the match that seemed excessive.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Why debut this new violent Penta persona if you are going to have him job every time he's on tv?

Dude has got a unique one of a kind look, has been part of some of AEW's greatest matches, can go in any flavour and has more charisma than 90% of the locker room without needing to be fluent in english, gets one of if not the loudest reactions in each arena yet jobs on tv regularly.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017
Why debut this new violent Penta persona if you are going to have him job every time he's on tv?

Dude has got a uniuqe on of a kind look, has been part of some of AEW's greatest matches, can go in any flavour and has more charisma than 90% of the locker room without needing to be fluent in english, gets one of if not the loudest reactions in each arena yet jobs on tv regularly.
Totally agree. I never saw him before with this persona. I heard he breaks arms and I have yet to see a broken arm. I'm disappointed.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
We should start the AEW equivalent of the YES movement just for Penta.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Penta proving what I always knew what was correct, he's a geek that loves to fill his special meter with taunts and Fenix is the best. May he come back healthy and stronger soon.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Seems like you're getting worked lol. Punk has been channeling Bret Hart since his return and one of the things Bret excelled at was selling how exhausted he got during his matches.
Bret never was this freaking boring to watch, even at his worst he was miles ahead than what we saw of Punk vs Penta (Oscuro!)