• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It's Tuesday. You know what that means. ❤️

Started listening to the Regal Unrestricted and turned it off when he started showing his lizards. I had to wait for the video version. Will definitely watch this week.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
hold on, Regal has lizard pets?

Like if there was a way to make that man even more interesting

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
😂😂😂
074ee98f-838f-4ece-9uhkse.jpeg

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit.

TK making a real effort to increase visibility in Japan. Looking forward to seeing if there is any specific reason for this over and above the general marketing side.

I'd wager that this particular deal has more to do with DDT than TK/AEW. Takeshita is one of DDT's biggest stars, I doubt they want NJPW World to be the only place Japanese fans can see new matches of his while he's in AEW.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
When the WWE network first launched, I went back and started watching PPVs from KOTR 96 onwards. I originally got into wrestling when a friend leant me an early release of Beyond the Mat in late 99 which completely changed my opinion of wrestling... incidentally the same friend would provide ECW tapes not long after. I figured I'd start with the legendary Stone Cold KOTR win and catch up to where I'd originally got on board.

Owen was such a shining star in that 96 to 99 period. While not the technical master his brother was, he wasn't far off, but when it came to many other aspects of wrestling... Owen was definitely the better brother. Owen made me laugh, a *lot*. He quickly became my favorite out of the people I didn't already know.

Ultimately, I stopped watching the PPVs before his death. I couldn't bear to go past it. I can imagine what it must have been like to be a fan of Owen, because I was a fan of Eddie and Benoit before their deaths... but I'm also glad I didn't go through that at the time.

Last edited:

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I can't wait for the AEW game to come out so I can play as Wheeler Yuta and bank like 5 finisher icons so I can kick out of every pin attempt deep into the match.

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't expect AEW Unrestricted to be part of Statlander's heel turn but I learned she has boots made out of skin of a lizard like the one Regal has as pet.

That was Regal misunderstanding what Aubrey was saying. Statlander has a lizard like Regal's NAMED Boots, not boots made from a lizard. Her lizard just recently recovered from a broken arm, actually.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
That was Regal misunderstanding what Aubrey was saying. Statlander has a lizard like Regal's NAMED Boots, not boots made from a lizard. Her lizard just recently recovered from a broken arm, actually.

Oh, that's a relief. And one less reason why Regal should unleash the Blackpool Combat Club against Yuta's former friends. I hope someone explains the misunderstanding to him before Orange finds himself on the endangered species list wearing a pair of cement shoes. Regal seemed quite vexed.

Boots is a good lizard name, too.

ShabbadooJr

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha, NE
When the WWE network first launched, I went back and started watching PPVs from KOTR 96 onwards. I originally got into wrestling when a friend leant me an early release of Beyond the Mat in late 99 which completely changed my opinion of wrestling... incidentally the same friend would provide ECW tapes not long after. I figured I'd start with the legendary Stone Cold KOTR win and catch up to where I'd originally got on board.

Owen was such a shining star in that 96 to 99 period. While not the technical master his brother was, he wasn't far off, but when it came to many other aspects of wrestling... Owen was definitely the better brother. Owen made me laugh, a *lot*. He quickly became my favorite out of the people I didn't already know.

Ultimately, I stopped watching the PPVs before his death. I couldn't bear to go past it. I can imagine what it must have been like to be a fan of Owen, because I was a fan of Eddie and Benoit before their deaths... but I'm also glad I didn't go through that at the time.

I started watching from 1992 on and for most of that time Owen was a heel and as I kid I hated him. I did enjoy his runs with High Energy and New Foundation though. So when they turned him into the Blue Blazer I loved it. Owen got to be goofy. I remembered I had a friend over to watch the Over The Edge PPV on my birthday no less. I thought that it was an angle at first but I remember my dad telling me that them showing the crowd meant it was likely very serious. I remember that night and Raw is Owen more vividly than anything else around that time period. The more I learn about it, the more Vince can fuck off.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017

Around the time Owen arrived in WWF I had figured out what the deal was with pro wrestling even if I had no real comprehension of exactly how it all worked. Even then, I was actually always less about booing heels and cheering babyfaces and just about cheering who I liked and I was definitely an Owen fan. That said, it wasn't really until years later that I truly appreciated the character that was heel Owen Hart. He was so good at the bratty kid sort of gimmick and just generally being a jackass. And that was all on top of being great in the ring. As a kid I couldn't really tell you what was good about one wrestler or another in the ring but I knew a good wrestler when I saw it and Owen was definitely one.

I basically saw his entire WWF run. Whether it was his team with Koko B Ware or Jim Neidhart or when he turned heel and kicked the leg out from under Bret. Before jumping back onto the wrestling bandwagon in '98 shortly after Austin won the title I had dipped out of wrestling in part because the weekly WWF shows just didn't appeal to me anymore and we no longer had our, uh, "special" cable package so we couldn't afford the PPVs anymore. So one of the last things I saw before dipping out for about 3-ish years was Owen vs Bret in the cage which was great.

So when I dove back into wrestling in '98 it was cool to see that Owen was among the few people who stuck around in the WWF and through tape trading and local rental places I was able to get up to speed on a lot of the great tag run with Davey Boy and Yokozuna he had and the awesome Hart Foundation stuff I had missed out on. I liked some of the smaller feuds he had at the time with Shamrock, Blackman and Edge and as goofy as it was I even liked where the Blue Blazer story was going. I had seen Blue Blazer back in the day and I didn't realize until that story started that that was Owen. So between that and Koko B Ware dressing as the Blazer I remember thinking it was cool the way that story was pulling on Owen's history with the company. Because of the cost of PPVs I did not watch Over the Edge live and I'm glad I didn't.

While I would never claim to be some diehard Owen fan, I was a fan and was absolutely devastated when I heard the news the next morning before school. I remember other kids at school who knew I was a wrestling fan (I wore a lot of shirts) coming up to me and talking about it which was odd because outside of my cousins I never really talked about wrestling much with anyone. It didn't really settle in and I didn't really process the situation until I watched that amazing Raw later that night which I was an absolute mess for the entirety of. I remember thinking it was odd that WWF just went back to business as usual for the very next show. As though Owen never existed. Even as a kid that was incredibly bizarre to me.

Knowing what we know now we just know that that's Vince fucking McMahon for you. A guy who has been loyal to you for nearly a decade (from a storied family whose other more famous son was basically the only reason your company didn't go under in the early to mid 90s), who didn't leave with the rest of the Hart Foundation to WCW even though you completely fucked his brother over, fucking dies at your PPV doing a gimmick that he thought was dumb for a storyline that he hated and a stunt he wasn't comfortable with handled by completely incompetent idiots and you just move on like he was nothing and own up to none of it. Because of ego and money. Then they proceed to drag his wife, whom they widowed, through the mud because they somehow feel like they did nothing wrong. Absolutely disgusting. Vince is an abhorrent human being. I can remember around the time AEW started getting into an argument with someone on this very site about how Vince should've ended Over the Edge after JR made the announcement about Owen because someone was defending going on with the show because that's how much people stood by WWE's narrative that they did nothing wrong.

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA

I started watching wrestling when I was 10 years old in 1997. I was a WCW fan, so I never watched the WWF. I was 12 when Owen died and I didn't fully grasp the loss of such a talented man at the time. It wasn't until that fantastic Bret Hart vs Chris Beniot match a couple of months later, that I realized the whole wrestling world lost someone that day. It also was magnified more after the passing of Eddie & Beniot. Much like yourself, I was big fans of both and nearly followed them by switching to the WWF.

When I had some money, I bought some WWE DVD's in the pre network days and saw for myself what a talented person Owen was. Bret vs Owen at Wrestlemania 10 was a phenomenal match. Their cage match at Summerslam was also great. Such a shame negligence played a part in his death. I feel he would still be wrestling occasionally to this day. I would degrade Vince and company here, but I don't want to waste my time on trash.

Like you said, Owen was funny. He never took himself too seriously, which is a must in wrestling. The word I would use to describe Owen was versatile. He could play a goofy dork or serious wrestler. He could be a heel you wanted to boo or a face you wanted to win the world title. There's no touching Bret, but I always felt that no matter if Bret was a face or a heel, he was still Bret Hart. Owen to me, always had the "personality" side of wrestling down better than his brother. Owen always felt he was two steps away from superstardom.

Someone who reminds me of Owen is Kenny Omega. Kenny can play the ultra serious wrestler or be a big goof ball too. If Kenny is a heel or a face, it feels different. Plus their both extremely talented in the ring too, so that helps lol

I can't wait for the Owen to officially start. I feel it will be a fantastic tournament to honor a fantastic man, both in the ring and out of it.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Nyla really likes Vickie

Honestly, Vickie Guerrero [is the MVP of the women's locker room]," Nyla Rose said during a recent appearance on the Battleground Podcast.

"I'm gonna peel the curtain back to you. Vickie is a huge, huge asset backstage helping some of the younger talents with their promos. Just putting herself out there, being a part of it. You know, here she is — she's not necessarily an in-ring talent, per se. But she's right there with us at practice. She's watching us, giving us feedback. She's, like I said, helping out with promos, helping people out with like merch ideas, helping as far as setting up the locker room, she is just such a huge asset. She's kinda like road mom, you know?"

Nyla Rose also talked about how she gets along well with Vickie when they are not on camera together.

"Selfishly, I just love having somebody who is down to ride. She's my ride or die. I'll throw out the craziest thing. I'm like, 'Hey, what if we just sneak up on so and so tonight?' She's like, 'Let's do it. Should I wear a clown mask? Like, do you want me to go distract them?' I'm like, 'Hell yeah!' Like, so she's — very, very little coaxing. Like I almost have to talk her out of stuff. [We are] definitely bad influences on one another," said Rose.

www.fightful.com

Nyla Rose Calls Vickie Guerrero The MVP Of AEW's Women's Locker Room: She's Like Our Road Mom | Fightful News

Nyla Rose is very appreciative of her pairing with Vickie Guerrero.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Nyla really likes Vickie

www.fightful.com

Nyla Rose Calls Vickie Guerrero The MVP Of AEW's Women's Locker Room: She's Like Our Road Mom | Fightful News

Nyla Rose is very appreciative of her pairing with Vickie Guerrero.

I don't like Vickie's current on-screen appearances nor her politics but it's a good thing she has a role in helping wrestlers backstage. Hell, keep her in that role if I'm honest - I'm sure plenty of young wrestlers there can appreciate having a "team mom" helping everybody out and giving both feedback and support. It's just that I don't think her on-screen presence helps Nyla *at all*. Nyla herself can disagree, of course.

Ivol

Dec 12, 2017
Literally me when Kenneth comes back looking like he did in 2017 and ready to have weekly dream matches on Dynamite! *sigh* I miss him…

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017

"Many fans think this matchup is very special, but for me, I have to stay true to myself," Suzuki says through a translator. "I am here to hurt people. The opponent truly does not matter. This week, I will make Samoa Joe suffer."
People are brave until they step into the ring with me," Suzuki says. "Hopefully Samoa Joe is not scared. I don't know him well, but he will know me by the time we are done."

Despite his sojourn away from Japan and exploration of different promotions and opponents, Suzuki still holds aspirations of dethroning Kazuchika Okada and becoming the IWGP world heavyweight champion.

"I am wrestling for New Japan Pro-Wrestling," Suzuki says. "And that is what I want—I am aiming for the IWGP title."

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
We NWO now. Probably the best BCC shirt yet.

edit- I just realised this is probably a callback to Yuta on Rampage.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
OMG it fits so well. LOL. Also, yes. I'm going to mark the f00k out.

EDIT: Ivol got the jump on me. :)

Last edited:

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

TK loves teasing overruns lol

"Whatever happens." HMMMMM.

I'm assuming Joe and Suzuki main event the show, and we maybe get a Claudio appearance to end the show, as he stares down Joe.

Also fully expecting Tony Khan to drop a CM Punk match announcement either tonight or tomorrow. Punk vs. Gresham has been teased on Twitter by both men.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
I miss hearing Kenny's theme hit. Not just cuz Kenny is awesome, but the theme itself is an all-timer.