• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
We've gotta get that tag match. The coolness of Ricky and Swerve mixed with the beefiness of Hobbs and Lee…Cool Beef!

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
So this is super random, was just reading about the MK Kollection that came out a few years back, and how it was originally going to be the MK HD Kollection:

I thought that name looked familiar...
06_mkhdremakeactors02.jpg

1280px-Tanea_Brooks_at_Rebelution.jpg

That's awesome. Thanks for sharing this.

Anyone else watch Rebel, during DMD promos, to see her funny expressions? lol. She's great.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
We've gotta get that tag match. The coolness of Ricky and Swerve mixed with the beefiness of Hobbs and Lee…Cool Beef!

They really do have a fantastic dynamic. Maybe Taz will allow Keith and Swerve to join the team after Hobbs and Rickyyyyy(!) are done with them.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Re-watching the tables match, and there was clearly a miscommunication between what Justin said and what commentary said.

"Jeff Hardy has been eliminated! It's 2 on 1!"
"But there's no disqualification!"
"That's a legal elimination."
"Jeff Hardy and The Butcher both eliminated from the tables match. But it's no disqualification!"

What a mess of information. Should have just stuck to telling people that the first team to put both of their opponents through tables with an offensive maneuver wins. Commentary added needless confusion by talking about no DQ and eliminations.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
Re-watching the tables match, and there was clearly a miscommunication between what Justin said and what commentary said.

"Jeff Hardy has been eliminated! It's 2 on 1!"
"But there's no disqualification!"
"That's a legal elimination."
"Jeff Hardy and The Butcher both eliminated from the tables match. But it's no disqualification!"

What a mess of information. Should have just stuck to telling people that the first team to put both of their opponents through tables with an offensive maneuver wins. Commentary added needless confusion by talking about no DQ and eliminations.

Maybe make it so that it's falls count anywhere once an opponent has been put through a table? That way you can do as many table spots as you like, but have it end with a pin.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
So this is super random, was just reading about the MK Kollection that came out a few years back, and how it was originally going to be the MK HD Kollection:

I thought that name looked familiar...
06_mkhdremakeactors02.jpg

1280px-Tanea_Brooks_at_Rebelution.jpg

While she's still kind of rough in the ring, Rebel is a fantastic make up artist (she does a lot of the work backstage) and a great stooge for Britt.

Bacalao

Oct 27, 2017
I mostly feel bad for Tay & Scorpio in all this. Tay has pretty much been reduced to just being 'Sammy's girlfriend who gets sexist and borderline racist abuse from Dan Lambert' and Scorpio deserves a better story. Someone said that no one's getting absolutely anything out of this feud and I would agree with that. Not Sammy, certainly not Tay or Scorpio. Hell the only person that kinda came out looking good out of that Rampage segment was Ethan Page but that's all I'll say on that.

Speaking of Rampage...

We're getting Keith & Swerve vs. Starks & P-P-P-P-Powerhouse on Dynamite.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
https://wrestlingnews.co/aew-news/m...like-he-is-not-represented-by-that-one-tweet/

Matt on the FTR-Briscoes match at the Ring of Honor PPV:

"Oh my God. FTR and the Briscoes were amazing. I mean, it blew me away. It made me proud to be a person who loves tag team wrestling and who believes tag team wrestling deserves main event status. Those guys killed it. FTR, they really are great. I love how they incorporate old school aspects into a new school game. The Briscoes are one of my favorite tag teams of all time and I want nothing but the best for those guys. I love Jay and Mark. They're both great guys."

Matt Hardy: "I would like people to embrace the Briscoes, especially Jay, that's who they judge it on. Like he is not represented by that one tweet that stands out so much about him. He is a much wiser, older matured person and he's a good dude."

Tons of people seem to be coming to bat for them as of late.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I mostly feel bad for Tay & Scorpio in all this. Tay has pretty much been reduced to just being 'Sammy's girlfriend who gets sexist and borderline racist abuse from Dan Lambert' and Scorpio deserves a better story. Someone said that no one's getting absolutely anything out of this feud and I would agree with that. Not Sammy, certainly not Tay or Scorpio. Hell the only person that kinda came out looking good out of that Rampage segment was Ethan Page but that's all I'll say on that.

Speaking of Rampage...

:D @ that spoiler.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
https://wrestlingnews.co/aew-news/m...like-he-is-not-represented-by-that-one-tweet/

Matt on the FTR-Briscoes match at the Ring of Honor PPV:

"Oh my God. FTR and the Briscoes were amazing. I mean, it blew me away. It made me proud to be a person who loves tag team wrestling and who believes tag team wrestling deserves main event status. Those guys killed it. FTR, they really are great. I love how they incorporate old school aspects into a new school game. The Briscoes are one of my favorite tag teams of all time and I want nothing but the best for those guys. I love Jay and Mark. They're both great guys."

Matt Hardy: "I would like people to embrace the Briscoes, especially Jay, that's who they judge it on. Like he is not represented by that one tweet that stands out so much about him. He is a much wiser, older matured person and he's a good dude."

Tons of people seem to be coming to bat for them as of late.

Alvarez said a lot of people in AEW love the Briscoes and talked about how it's crazy Marc may not get work in AEW/WWE because of what his brother said. Compared it how ridiculous it would be if Matt Hardy wasn't booked for things because of something Jeff did.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Again, speaking personally, while I do care to hear what the queer wrestlers who have shared locker rooms with the Briscoes have to say about them (and am giving them another chance on the back of that), I don't give two craps what straight white guys have to say about Jay's past public homophobic comments. Not when they themselves have some history along similar lines. To be clear, I think Matt genuinely learned not to use language like that, but yeah. I don't care if he thinks people are being unfair to the Briscoes.

No fucking thank you.

Indeed. I stopped watching UFC for a reason. And that reason was Dana White.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Tables match should be tornado falls counts anywhere where the only legal object are tables. That's it. Just a gimmick added.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Alvarez said a lot of people in AEW love the Briscoes and talked about how it's crazy Marc may not get work in AEW/WWE because of what his brother said. Compared it how ridiculous it would be if Matt Hardy wasn't booked for things because of something Jeff did.

Re-watching Bucks vs. FTR right now. <3 The crowd loooooves FTR, and deservedly so.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021

Speaking of Rampage...

IMO, I think the only person who has gotten anything out of this whole thing is PVZ. And I include the Lambert/MOY feuds prior too.

It's just been a mess of misogyny, utterly failed babyface pushes (the whole point of having a gobshite heel like Lambert), and outside of a very select few promos it's been mostly terrible segments. Scorpio isn't getting any more over, and Page is way better than just being limited to gurning goon duty whenever Lambert says something offensive.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Again, speaking personally, while I do care to hear what the queer wrestlers who have shared locker rooms with the Briscoes have to say about them (and am giving them another chance on the back of that), I don't give two craps what straight white guys have to say about Jay's past public homophobic comments. Not when they themselves have some history along similar lines. To be clear, I think Matt genuinely learned not to use language like that, but yeah. I don't care if he thinks people are being unfair to the Briscoes.

Indeed. I stopped watching UFC for a reason. And that reason was Dana White.
It's one of those things where we haven't seen Jay "do the work" so to speak, and are just relying on the word of others, and while it's nice to hear like Effy say "Yeah they were great", it's not exactly enough for me to be ready for a full time run for someone that made comments that abhorrent. It does sound like he's genuinely regretful, and genuinely sorry, and has learned a lot in the years since, but like you said - not interested in straight dudes having their backs. I'm not really sure what would convince me otherwise other than some genuine tangible gestures of good faith made by Jay to the LGBTQ+ community.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I almost forgot about it, but to those posters who were there live I hope you gave death glares to the monsters who dared 'WHAT" Eddie Kingston

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
It's one of those things where we haven't seen Jay "do the work" so to speak, and are just relying on the word of others, and while it's nice to hear like Effy say "Yeah they were great", it's not exactly enough for me to be ready for a full time run for someone that made comments that abhorrent. It does sound like he's genuinely regretful, and genuinely sorry, and has learned a lot in the years since, but like you said - not interested in straight dudes having their backs. I'm not really sure what would convince me otherwise other than some genuine tangible gestures of good faith made by Jay to the LGBTQ+ community.
I totally understand, that, yeah. Jay Briscoe isn't owed a second chance by anyone, least of all the people he hurt.

I almost forgot about it, but to those posters who were there live I hope you gave death glares to the monsters who dared 'WHAT" Eddie Kingston
I didn't hear it from where I was sat, so I didn't, no. Sorry!

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
It'd be nice to see that he's attended some kind of awareness course.

You know, actually made some effort to reach out and better himself.

Ivol

Dec 12, 2017
All this FTR love has been amazing and got me in an old school mode. Anybody knows which Midnight Express matches I should watch?

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Sammy really needs to turn heel soon, dude is a horrible face, he just has that douchey aura about him that makes him suck as a good guy (like the Young Bucks).

Dec 29, 2017
Just so people are aware.

First Jay Briscoe apology plus donation to Partners Against Hate.
www.pwmania.com

Jay Briscoe To Make Public Apology & Donate ROH Pay Over Anti-Gay Marriage Remarks - PWMania - Wrestling News

As PWMania.com previously reported, Ring of Honor wrestler Jay Briscoe made some very controversial comments about gay marriage being legalized in the state of Delaware. Following an initial statement this morning that simply said Briscoe's thoughts did not reflect those of Ring of Honor's, ROH...

Second apology from Jay and Mark.
www.wrestlinginc.com

Jay Briscoe Apologizes Again For Past Homophobic Slurs: “It Was Stupid”

Jay Briscoe once against apologizes for past use of homophobic slurs after reports emerge that said slurs have prevented the Briscoes from signing with AEW.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Just so people are aware.

First Jay Briscoe apology plus donation to Partners Against Hate.
www.pwmania.com

Jay Briscoe To Make Public Apology & Donate ROH Pay Over Anti-Gay Marriage Remarks - PWMania - Wrestling News

As PWMania.com previously reported, Ring of Honor wrestler Jay Briscoe made some very controversial comments about gay marriage being legalized in the state of Delaware. Following an initial statement this morning that simply said Briscoe's thoughts did not reflect those of Ring of Honor's, ROH...

Second apology from Jay and Mark.
www.wrestlinginc.com

Jay Briscoe Apologizes Again For Past Homophobic Slurs: “It Was Stupid”

Jay Briscoe once against apologizes for past use of homophobic slurs after reports emerge that said slurs have prevented the Briscoes from signing with AEW.
I wasn't aware he donated his pay to charity. Thank you for sharing this.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Tony just goes into fuck it mode when he has a highly regarded pretaped match coming up

the Swole tweets were on the same day as the women's street fight

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
Those TK tweets can't be from him… they don't end with 'Don't forget Rampage on TNT tonight!'

Jan 31, 2018
LMMAAAO Those are insane tweets, but they are true. Go to an AEW, Melzer, Alvarez or Brandon Thurston tweet and it's a fucking cesspool.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
It was bad enough seeing Masvidal. If I see that tomato headed POS on my screen I'll be super disappointed.

between those dumbasses Masvidal and Covington being on screen and Dana White being, well, Dana White, I've more or less stopped caring about UFC as much as I did previously. Now I basically catch a numbered event if I can, but it's not something I consciously have on schedule.

Hakimy

Nov 9, 2017
While Sammy and Tay are great in the ring, most of AEW audience are wrestling hardcore audience and that kind of audience doesn't like couples storyline especially when both couple are good looking. It could work if one of the the couple looks normal or not so much attractive so people can sympathize with them. It's like doing a bully story to someone super attractive. Nobody's going to believe and that's the case with Sammy and Tay. Plus Sammy has this heel face and his Twitter drama with his ex and Tay isn't really helping.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
LMMAAAO Those are insane tweets, but they are true. Go to an AEW, Melzer, Alvarez or Brandon Thurston tweet and it's a fucking cesspool.

You know I was really curious (but not surprised) how people who claim to hate AEW so much can't stop talking about it on social media.
And also the immediacy in which they swarm the comments of those guys.
So yeah, guess I could see it lol

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Would you actually put it above the McTrumps to hire a russian bot farm to try and hurt the competition?