• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
wow. I thought that if anything AEW would launch a streaming service with DDT Universe as the backbone. This is...different.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
edit: also wonder if this was the 'other' big announcement Tony Khan had in his pocket if the ROH deal didn't go through in time. Doesn't seem quite as big a deal though.

My first thought is that this was it. I don't think it's a huge deal at face value (i.e. probably won't have a big effect on AEW's finances,) but the real meat is in what it actually means below the surface.

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I don't think it was cause that deal doesn't play to the primary audience

how would you go on national TV and say now we're on NJPW world it means nothing except to the uber hardcore and even then we can already watch it.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
This is almost certainly going to be region locked like CMLL on World used to be (initially it was Japan-only, then at some point changed to "everywhere but Mexico").

Also, I wonder if there's anything in place between AEW and CyberFight to allow DDT/TJPW wrestlers matches on Dynamite/Rampage to go on Wrestle Universe as well. Takeshita's heading over in a week or two, so we'll find out soon I suppose.

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
It's very funny when AEW has a shit angle some people default to "they are playing 4d chess"

38f0cdca-db73-4a19-bdf1-b72435879071_text.gif

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah there's a few shit angles that I don't care about and don't think are any kind of "4D chess"

Sammy/Tay/ATT are the prime example - giving nuclear heat to the people I assume are supposed to be the faces in all of this

HOOK/Danhausen is a pairing I don't think works - I've said it before but it's far too early in his run for HOOK to be anywhere near comedy/memes - you've got Joe as a brutal mentor in waiting right there!

Cole/Page should have ended after Revolution - the outcome is a foregone conclusion (Page victory) and the story to get there hasn't been compelling at all (stealing belts? seriously?)

JAS - this is to a lesser extent and only because Kingston/PNP are doing their damnedest to make it work and entertaining.

Overall though why I like AEW is because the stuff they do that works, really, really works (like the BCC for example, or the Team Taz/Lee-Swerve feud).

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Anyway, I have also seen it elsewhere. It was a general comment.
So you made a blanket statement that seemingly only applies to one person (who you ended up pointing out)?

I haven't read the spoilers for Rampage but some people (including people there) seem to think that there are hints that they are slowly turning Sammy and Tay heel but I don't know how legitimate those beliefs are.

Either way, your post seemed quite confrontational for something that really isn't an issue. The majority of people here will call out a bad storyline or decision when they happen.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
So you made a blanket statement that seemingly only applies to one person (who you ended up pointing out)?

I haven't read the spoilers for Rampage but some people (including people there) seem to think that there are hints that they are slowly turning Sammy and Tay heel but I don't know how legitimate those beliefs are.

Either way, your post seemed quite confrontational for something that really isn't an issue. The majority of people here will call out a bad storyline or decision when they happen.

That was the first post I found in this thread and the statement was in sequence to finding some comments on Reddit as well that talked about that.

I'm sorry I didn't provide extensive proof to my one line comment on this thread.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That was the first post I found in this thread and the statement was in sequence to finding some comments on Reddit as well that talked about that.

I'm sorry I didn't provide extensive proof to my one line comment on this thread.
Well it came across like a drive by dig at the community in this thread.

If that wasn't the case then fair enough but it is how it seemed.

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
TK rubbing his hands when the TV deal comes up.

Second time in a week I've seen him publicly mentioning how they are holding hands/beating sports that are on multi-billion dollar TV deals.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Hopefully the AEW/NJPW World deal is indicative of a bigger future for the AEW/NJPW relationship. I could see Wrestle Dynasty being rescheduled, this time as an AEW/NJPW supershow.

I mean, people clearly want to see Okada, Tanahashi, Naito, and others in AEW. Also Danielson vs. ZSJ please and thank you.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
TK rubbing his hands when the TV deal comes up.

Second time in a week I've seen him publicly mentioning how they are holding hands/beating sports that are on multi-billion dollar TV deals.

You know he's setting up for a major deal and probably quadruple his initial investment. Between these alliances, a possible HBO MAX streaming deal and deals with other companies plus the video game and AEW being so close to RAW in the demo he'll present a compelling case for networks to bid big bucks for a new TV deal.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Dammit I was already looking for the delete account page on Sling TV 😭
If you have sling only to watch Dynamite it's worth looking into setting up a VPN and AEW plus on FiteTV. I spend like 8 bucks a month total and you also have the added benefit of full screen w/ commentary when TBS cuts to commercial and PnP.

Ivol

Dec 12, 2017
If you have sling only to watch Dynamite it's worth looking into setting up a VPN and AEW plus on FiteTV. I spend like 8 bucks a month total and you also have the added benefit of full screen w/ commentary when TBS cuts to commercial and PnP.
Thanks to a lot of you here I've known about the whole VPN thing for a while. 8 bucks is way better than 40 lol but I feel like they've been trying to cut on that. I think last week I saw a whole thread on Squared Circle with a LOT of people complaining that the VPN trick doesn't work anymore.

Which makes me question…for a lot of you guys in here with the VPN + Fite deal. Would you still watch AEW if you had to pay for TNT?

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to a lot of you here I've known about the whole VPN thing for a while. 8 bucks is way better than 40 lol but I feel like they've been trying to cut on that. I think last week I saw a whole thread on Squared Circle with a LOT of people complaining that the VPN trick doesn't work anymore.

Which makes me question…for a lot of you guys in here with the VPN + Fite deal. Would you still watch AEW if you had to pay for TNT?
It absolutely still works. The website won't process american CC's but if you use the fite app on a phone with vpn and use apple or google pay, it works fine. It's been that way for nearly a year at this point. Something to do with Stripe (their payment processor) specifically.

But to answer your question yes, I think it's worth paying the full price for, but while I have the option for cheaper - And better mind you with the lack of commercials - I'm going to use it.

Last edited:

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
That's cool news about episodes being streamed on NJPW World. Hopefully the fans in Japan enjoy it or they at least get a decent uptick in subscriptions. Then we can get a few crossover super shows.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I use a VPN and fite, if it's stopped working I would just use my friends youtube TV

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017
Not aew related but I saw Everything Everywhere All at Once yesterday and it's one of the best movies I have ever seen. It has some small tiny but awesome wrestling parts.

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone find that Hook/Danhausen fan art that was posted on Twitter a couple of months back?

I wonder if TK stole the idea from that. 😂

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Sammy reminds me a lot of young Randy Orton.

Incredibly talented in the ring but an immature guy. Only that much much less shitty.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
After Team Taz is destroyed by Swerve and Lee, Danhausen makes peace with Hook and they join forces. Hook becomes the living embodiment of the curse.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It's ok to dislike Sammy's current direction, but comparing him to Blandy Boreton? Are y'all serious?

mztik

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
NJPW has announced it will air Dynamite and Rampage on NJPW World at no additional fee, with a live Japanese version in the future

lol

First thing I saw when opening twitter this morning.

I'm very happy about this. Not only will this improve relationships for AEW/NJPW, but will also increase the audience/market for AEW in Japan. Win-win situation.