• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
^^^^^
I don't know why anyone thinks anything else.

These comments are for the 'WWE Universe'. If he wants to be a baby face (and it sure seems like it) then he's got to tell a different narrative (lol) to the one he was telling in AEW.

From that perspective these comments all make perfect sense. If he ever comes back to AEW it'll be a different story yet again. Not because he's 'gaslighting' anyone, but because he's got that old school worker mentality for better or worse.

Do I believe he wants to win the one belt his Dad never did at least once to cement his legacy, and that he really cares about that? Actually, yeah I do. Is that the only reason he went to WWE? Of course not.

But it's easy to make the story for WWE fans to be 'I left to find myself, and I did, and now I'm back to win it all' or whatever.

I want to believe this, too, but him dropping stuff like "I don't know if they talk about me behind my back" is incredibly weak, insecure, and condescending. I genuinely hope him and The Bucks are sending LOL emojis to each other in a private chat about this whole thing, but I'm not so sure...and maybe that's the point. I kind of don't want to think about it too deeply because I can't differentiate what's a work and what's a shoot with him, so it's better to just take a breath and step away from it. When everything could be a lie, I stop caring what a person says ala Hulk Hogan.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Good morning amigos.

Who's this Cody guy you are all talking about?

Looking forward to the FTR vs Bucks match, but also looking forward to what else gets added to the show. Who's Danielson going to destroy this week? Will Regal and Yuta have an interaction? Will Hangman and Cole get a good moment to hype a bit their boring feud?

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
I for one, can't fathom saying "I need more money" when you have a damn bus. But that's just me and being a poor. But whatever, he's doing what he needs to, to live within his grandiose means.

AEW is just fine without him, and the WWE marks can soak it in.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
It's not a work if The Bucks, Kenny, and TK aren't in on it. The "history" comment and the "maybe they talk behind my back comment" say a lot to me about what happened behind the scenes and it doesn't reflect well on Cody. I'm not gonna put a long analysis here of Cody but I basically agree that Cody has shown is ass as the narcissist he is.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Good morning amigos.

Who's this Cody guy you are all talking about?

Looking forward to the FTR vs Bucks match, but also looking forward to what else gets added to the show. Who's Danielson going to destroy this week? Will Regal and Yuta have an interaction? Will Hangman and Cole get a good moment to hype a bit their boring feud?

Don't forget Joe!

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Cody: Says how much he loves and respects Kenny and the Young Bucks in every interview
Kenny and Young Bucks: Give passive aggressive interviews and passive aggressive Twitter bios and like tweets and Instagram posts alluding to Cody being a hypocrite
Cody: I hope they don't talk about me behind my back or anything but I love them
Fans: CODY WTF, HOW COULD YOU BE SUCH A BAD FRIEND

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't that deep.

Cody is working, he's a WWE guy now and he's saying shit to get WWE fans on his side, just like he smashed a throne and buried WWE in promos to get AEW fans on his side 3 years ago.

If I knew how to put a gif in here I would put the thank you Michael Scott gif. Dude is just working.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Fuck! @ Joe's new music. That beat!

Update on me

Not a lot has happened, I'm waiting to see a speciality nurse who is most likely not gonna make it today. Sucks but it is what it is. Right now is way better than Thu/Fri, less pain, less bleeding, I'm eating, drinking and my body has adjusted to the room conditions so I'm no longer going crazy at night trying to fall asleep for hours and can now practically sleep on command lol.

I managed to watch the first half of Bloodsport yesterday.

Thumbs up to Masha/Kai, Ninja/Yoya, Zeda/Shafir and Coughlin/Slade.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I guess I need to say this too: If it's in a Young Buck's bio, *it's a work*.

P A Z hang in there.

They're excellent at it. Just...Cody has shown he doesn't always have the best judgment (heel turn refusal and self-imposed championship title restriction). Must be hard to differentiate between what's real and fake for himself at this point, nevermind for a mark like me.

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
My sleeping schedule has been awful the last few days, so I decided to rewatch Full Gear from last year as I wasn't in a good place in early November (Not all that better now to be honest). Some notes below.

- My internet crapped on me during the Darby vs MJF when it was live, so I missed some of that match and good lord was it fantastic. Easily a 5 star match
- My love of FTR has only grown since their awesome match against the Lucha Bros. I hope they hold AEW gold this year (along with their AAA & ROH titles)
- You could tell Miro wasn't 100% during his match with Danielson. Hope he returns soon.
- That falls count anywhere match was great. Much better the second time watching it. Britt vs Tay too
- There's only two people that can make a crowd boo CM Punk. Hangman & Kingston. That match ruled. Hope they run it back again.
- My respect for Kenny Omega has tripled after watching that match with Hangman. His list of injuries never stopped him from putting out fantastic matches. Can't wait to see a healthy Kenny back in the ring
- Great ovation for Hangman winning too. I've enjoyed his run so far, but the chase was better.

So I'm going to eat something and try to get some shut eye. I'll be back later today for Elevation. So "goodnight" you Codymaniacs.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Cody: Says how much he loves and respects Kenny and the Young Bucks in every interview
Kenny and Young Bucks: Give passive aggressive interviews and passive aggressive Twitter bios and like tweets and Instagram posts alluding to Cody being a hypocrite
Cody: I hope they don't talk about me behind my back or anything but I love them
Fans: CODY WTF, HOW COULD YOU BE SUCH A BAD FRIEND

Unless I missed something, Kenny did one interview where he talked about the situation with Cody and said it all respectfully and matter-of-factly. Zero bad blood, nefarious intent, or passive aggressive comments.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Unless I missed something, Kenny did one interview where he talked about the situation with Cody and said it all respectfully and matter-of-factly. Zero bad blood, nefarious intent, or passive aggressive comments.
I disagree, but my comment and a couple people quoting me on the last page sum up my thoughts on that interview

Anyway do you not at least find liking a post of Cody saying he can't go back and wants the be an EVP for life on instagram and twitter passive aggressive at all

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
There's been plenty of passive aggression in Cody's interviews too. Like the TK comment about hoping that history is kind on him.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I disagree, but my comment and a couple people quoting me on the last page sum up my thoughts on that interview

Anyway do you not at least find liking a post of Cody saying he can't go back and wants the be an EVP for life on instagram and twitter passive aggressive at all

I do. I just don't give liking an online post the same weight as someone speaking publicly in an interview setting. I can agree with those saying that no one ends up looking good in this situation, but I do feel there are levels to "looking bad," and that Cody has ended up coming off worst of all up to this point. But it's a silly situation all around to argue about, I suppose. We would probably just end up going around in circles. There are clearly some hurt feelings involved in all of this that we may never truly know about, so there's a lot of conjecture and reacting to what is publicly put out there.

I've defended Cody on here for the past two and a half years or so. Some of his recent comments have just rubbed me the wrong way even if the bulk of what he's been saying has been reasonable and has made total sense.

There's just a lot to this stuff, I guess. For example, in the past in this very community, I've been told not to worry about the financial decisions of other people (good advice in general,) but there is something to be said about the weird narrative that Cody would somehow be poor and unable to provide an optimal life for his family if he didn't take Vince's money bag.

Anyway, this is the last I'll talk about this stuff for this week. LOL. This is also a probably valid (if not "I said it for the pops") perspective.

Said that Triple H is his favourite wrestler this past weekend, but over a year ago:

"It's no secret that Sting was my favorite wrestler. I had Sting in WCW and Shawn [Michaels] in WWF. But really I wasn't supposed to watch WWF. So, Sting was everything. I got to see him live so often and I got to see the connection he had. I honestly am scared to answer that. Obviously, as a wrestler, to stand across the ring from your hero is everyone's dream, to share that field. So, yes, I would love and envision that."

Favourite wrestlers can obviously change from your childhood, and that's quite likely what's going on here, but just another moment to make you say HMM.

In the end, Cody going to WWE feels like the best move for everyone involved.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I think Cody has come across as a total narcissistic sociopath recently so if people had to deal with that behind the scenes for years, I don't blame them for being a bit passive aggressive. It may partially be a work but I don't know that Cody can differentiate between work and shoot

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone watches Raw to see what Cody's promo is despite all the comments made here and the general wrasslin thread, you're a mark.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I mean whether this is his real self coming out or not, Cody has done exactly what every wrestler set out to do: he was in a funk, and even re-signing with AEW (without him turning heel) wouldn't have moved the needle, so he got more money, got way more attention (even from AEW fans) than he would have anyway, gets another run with some fresh matchups, and can (if he wants to) come back in a few years as a mega heel. This was absolutely the right move for him. Because the alternative was taking less and still taking crap from the same people he's taking crap from now. ;)

Meanwhile AEW has more time to feature the overflow of talent it has.

Win-win from both sides.

Last edited:

opus

Oct 25, 2017
Total narcissistic sociopath? Seriously?

I am completely ambivalent about whatever Cody does, but as someone who occasionally posts, but primarily lurks here to read what's going on in the non-WWE wrestling world, this thread has been unreadable the last four days.

Toli08

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I have no idea why people are getting worked up over Cody comments that he is making while being an WWE worker. What he has said is so tame that it's kind of funny to get riled over it.

I also wouldn't be surprised that he is 100% in character during those interviews. The E doesn't really let guys to do interviews without being approved by them.

I also did chuckle that in that interview Cody the Wrestler is also upset with Cody the booker. Telling Cody the booker that he wants the big belt and doesn't want to be a Gatekeeper. But Cody the booker said no way Cody the Wrestler you will never hold the big belt.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
you know, for a "mediocre mid-card wrestler", Cody has been triggering a lot of fellas here this weekend lol. Not even when Ivelisse talking real shit about aew has been so much post here about it.

Also, i love how the bucks keep taking shots at cody for the "betrayal" but they were cool with the good brothers fuck them real hard when the company was just starting and aew needed the most star power possible (for anyone that dont remember: Gallows and Anderson promised by word to the bucks that day will be going to AEW, and then they just resign with WWE, and when they were fired, bucks wanted to hire gallows and anderson lmao)

Cody left when aew leave and had basically a dream roster. I dont know why the people that wanted cody and brandi out of the company for so long time, now are so mad about cody being in wwe.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
I think people just gave cody a lot of benefits of the doubt and are a bit hurt that they were maybe wrong about him. Which is normal. You like to think the best of people.

I always had this feeling about him, so it's no surprise he left and it makes sense for both parties. He's much better suited to be over there and it's a better situation for him. I can see how the bucks and others may be a bit shoot-pissed about it, but i'm sure they understand it's a business. and again, better for him to be happy over there then miserable over here. the shows have been great without him and the only feud that's not working now is the tay/sammy thing which seemed like it was gonna be brandi's thing.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Personally I'd really rather not have a back to back Cody reference for the next OT. People probably would have gotten all the discussion out of their system at that point anyway so it wouldn't even be topical.

I wish, but I was making a joke about going from the joke of "we don't need Rhodes" to just keep falling for his work

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Cody's entire gimmick works better in WWE anyway. Plus I'd gladly trade Cody in exchange for Regal and Joe

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Why would Omega and the Bucks be pissed about him leaving?

Maybe I'm wrong and I'm just projecting how I'd handle it, but I doubt they'd be posting and liking what they have been and making it public if it was all a shoot. The Bucks work people all the time on Twitter, especially on their bio.

opus

Oct 25, 2017
"I wanted to escape my father's legacy, so I traveled the world, and changed the business, and it still wasn't enough. So I decided to embrace his legacy and go back to the place I left to do the one thing he couldn't." That's a super compelling story, if they cared to tell it.

It's WWE, so they won't, and even if they did, I wouldn't watch it, but it would be the most interesting story they've told in years.

Nov 5, 2017
"I wanted to escape my father's legacy, so I traveled the world, and changed the business, and it still wasn't enough. So I decided to embrace his legacy and go back to the place I left to do the one thing he couldn't." That's a super compelling story, if they cared to tell it.

It's WWE, so they won't, and even if they did, I wouldn't watch it, but it would be the most interesting story they've told in years.
That does sound interesting. Maybe telling that story is part of his deal.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
None of it really matters, but I have a hard time believing Cody is working. Seth Rollins of all people is out here praising Blackpool Combat Club, and Cody's doing interviews where he sounds like a passive aggressive 15 year old.

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck! @ Joe's new music. That beat!

Update on me

Not a lot has happened, I'm waiting to see a speciality nurse who is most likely not gonna make it today. Sucks but it is what it is. Right now is way better than Thu/Fri, less pain, less bleeding, I'm eating, drinking and my body has adjusted to the room conditions so I'm no longer going crazy at night trying to fall asleep for hours and can now practically sleep on command lol.

I managed to watch the first half of Bloodsport yesterday.

Thumbs up to Masha/Kai, Ninja/Yoya, Zeda/Shafir and Coughlin/Slade.

I hope you get better