• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
The AEW roster is mostly smaller guys that the big guys have no problem tossing around in spectacular spots. If your niche is just being an even smaller guy to throw around, and you look around and see the roster increasing, getting more talented, and adding more mainstream popular talent, you should probably see the writing on the wall. (This is not excusing AEW not communicating with Marko). AEW outgrew Marko and Fuego took his very niche spot, likely because of his closeness to guys like Cody and Sammy

Toli08

Oct 27, 2017
Fuego just does everything Marko does better. Marko was a little heel that cheated for a babyface tag team. It made zero sense, just because your small didn't give him the right to do what he did in Jungle Expresses matches. Every Jungle Express match tag match made zero sense when the babyface team was doing the cheating against a heel team.

He was terribly booked from the start in AEW. Plus imo he was the most disliked person in the Vlog crew.

Doesn't mean that Tony or his people should of ghosted him but he just doesn't fit a role in the company and on the positive side at least AEW lets the contracts run out.

Now to a positive topic…FTR needs to be the first 2 time Champions. They are the best tag team in the world and yes Buck and Lucha fans that's just the truth. They can work any style, they can bring the best out of any team. They make everyone look better then they are.

Just imagine the matches a Face FTR team can have! Tony give us FTR the Gods of Tag Wrestling holding the AAA, ROH, AEW and why not the NJPW tag titles. Let them have the legacy that they have earned as the GOATS!!!

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Boys Club Rhetoric
So yesterday was kind of exhausting, but completely worth it to see AEW in Columbia. That place was packed and the crowd stayed hype all night. Random ass thoughts:

-Jon Moxley, Jay Lethal, Wheeler Yuta, Brian Danielson fucking KILLED it in their matches.
-CM Punk is as over with the loud crowd as it seems like on TV.
-Hangman Page came out in a Tesla with cow horns on the hood near where I was sitting and it was the funniest shit.
- Speaking of Hangman Page, just because you are willing to fight 3 dudes at once, does not mean you should fight 3 dudes at once. This also applies to Eddie Kingston and Santana y Ortiz.
- The sweet and sour chicken at the arena was ASS.
- Speaking of ass, does Toni Storm have the best ass in pro wrestling? If not, she's damn sure on the short list.
- Billy Gunn is fucking HUGE.
- Speaking of huge, Andrade is much bigger than he looks on TV and his match with Darby was also killer live.

Toli08

Oct 27, 2017
If I had one complaint about last night there was no reason for Toni Storm to be in a 50/50 match with the Bunny. She should of won convincingly imo!

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
- Speaking of ass, does Toni Storm have the best ass in pro wrestling? If not, she's damn sure on the short list.

sonny-kiss-joey-janela.gif

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
I'm trying very hard not to let my mind go there but CSRO managed by Tully killing people on his way to whoever is the champ at AEW would be magic!

Figured he'd benefit most from Tully's management amongst the current free agent crop, and from the bits of seen of Ninja Mack he and Claudio /CSRO would put on a banger.

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
did ROH get brought forward so it doesn't clash with Rampage? Seems it was brought forward an hour or I just always had the wrong time.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Bandido being attached to Chavo is probably a decent sign that Bandido will be sticking around

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
I have a question to those familiar with modern ROH. How long between big shows? I know things may be different under TK, but is there a PPV like show every month? Every 3 months?

I'm asking because, I want to wait for the next show to get a month of Honor Club. That way I can watch the show that's on tomorrow and whatever the next show is on one payment.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question to those familiar with modern ROH. How long between big shows? I know things may be different under TK, but is there a PPV like show every month? Every 3 months?

I'm asking because, I want to wait for the next show to get a month of Honor Club. That way I can watch the show that's on tomorrow and whatever the next show is on one payment.

IIRC they were doing around 6 a year pre-pandemic. You should still get any tv tapings they might do on there though during the month.

Bisonian

Oct 27, 2017

There may not (probably won't be?) another show with this format. TK is just honoring the date that has been forever set for this weekend. I'm not even sure Honor Club will be around after this. It's completely up in the air.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
Did you buy through FITE or Honor Club? I ask because I originally bought through FITE, realized I could get it way cheaper through Honor Club, so I sent an email to FITE support to tell them this, and they have agreed to refund the money and cancel the order.
When TK bought ROH I did a resub to Honor Club. Yo that's great fight is doing that because I was going to buy it on FITE but read the comments here that I get it with the RoH sub

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
IIRC they were doing around 6 a year pre-pandemic. You should still get any tv tapings they might do on there though during the month.

There may not (probably won't be?) another show with this format. TK is just honoring the date that has been forever set for this weekend. I'm not even sure Honor Club will be around after this. It's completely up in the air.

Thanks everyone! I'll probably wait it out a bit to see what's going to happen with TK in charge. Don't mind waiting to watch at a later date. Excited to read up on the show tomorrow.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Fam.

I have bad news. I have ringside seats at ROH.

My wife bought Bon Iver tickets as a surprise gift for me Friday night

:(
ah man, that's a heartbreaker. i know you'll have a great time at bon iver and it's the right thing to do for the wife. but front row seats at such a hugely significant show... ouch. sorry to hear, stooge.

Last edited: