• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Loved the fuck out of Yuta vs Bryan. Only disappointing part of it was no post match stuff with Regal. It cut out of there quickly, I want to see Yuta continue to inch closer to joining them. That spit to the face was so fucking disgusting, never seen so much at once. Lol

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
That was a top notch Dynamite last night. Enjoyed almost every bit

My only criticism right now is that the Adams feud really became boring. It was meh, but now I just want it to be over. I get that Cole is trying to make Hangman look good, but I found that last night segment so dull and I can't care about this anymore.

Darby and Andrade was just what I expected in contrast. Darby makes Andrade look like a super strong monster and I love them together.

Luschient

Oct 30, 2017
My only criticism right now is that the Adams feud really became boring. It was meh, but now I just want it to be over. I get that Cole is trying to make Hangman look good, but I found that last night segment so dull and I can't care about this anymore.
Same, and I love watching both of them but since Cole has zero chance of winning….eh, on to what's next

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Ehhhhhh. It's one of her favorite bands. I'm taking this L since one is local and the other is in Dallas.

I'll sell the tickets at face but I tried to explain FTR vs Dem Boys and she was like.... You've seen most of these people in AEW and I mean she's not wrong.

But I thought the tickets were for you and not her?

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Hello friends, that was a great episode of Dynamite tonight. I really needed it. I'm going to post some personal stuff in a spoiler tag as to not derail the thread. Normal notes will follow below.

Ok, today is my mom's birthday. The first one without her and I've been struggling most of the day. Man grief absolutely sucks and I don't wish it on anyone. She passed on a Wednesday too, so these shows have really helped me not dwell on negative thoughts too much. It's also my grandfather's (Her dad) birthday too. Well sorry for this little derailment. Now for my useless notes

- Max's rap was funny. You know he had to work Will Smith into the rap somehow
- CM Punk vs Max Caster - **1/2 - Fun opener. Solid action.
- Punk going after Hangman is a feud I've wanted since Punk came back. It's going to be a wild ride and I'm on board
- Love everything going on with FTR. This is how you make compelling babyfaces. Take note WWE.
- Jay Lethal vs Jon Moxley - **** - Great match. Great back and forth action and Lethal is getting over as a babyface. This is the Lethal that excited me when he signed.
- Marina Shafir hype video? Her facing Jade Cargill? Hell yes!!
- FTR vs Gunn Club - *** - Really liked this match. Old school and everyone played their parts perfectly. These Ass Boys are pretty good
- Wardlow rampaging through the arena was fantastic. Much like FTR, this is how you build babyfaces. It may take time, but the payoffs are usually worth it.
- JAS segment was good fun. Kingston/PnP need two more people to even it out. LAX reunion? This will probably be the Stadium Stampede match at Double or Nothing
- Wheeler YUTA vs Bryan Danielson - **** - Fantastic match. My MOTN. Words can't do it justice
- YUTA is over as hell. Loving this BCC feud. Really great stuff
- Championship Celebration was fun and quick. I've been saying it for weeks now. Jurassic Express vs reDRagon & Cole vs Hangman at Battle of the Belts II
- Really good promo from Thunder Rosa. She could create a stable called "The Foundation"
- Nyla is great too. Hoping she turns face soon, so she can be Twitter Nyla. She's the best
- TONI STORM!!! You could see her holding back tears. Genuine emotion
- Owen Hart Foundation Tournament Qualifying Match: The Bunny vs Toni Storm - **1/2 - Fun match. You could see the ring rust on Toni. She'll be delivering bangers soon enough (No that wasn't an OnlyFans joke)
- Andrade El Idolo vs Darby Allin - ***1/2 - Great match. Darby must hate himself. The right person won too. Great main event
- Rampage is STACKED this week. I won't be watching the ROH show on Friday (Might get Honor Club to watch later), so Rampage will be my only wrestling of the day. Dynamite looks good too

Rating - A
Great episode with great storytelling beats & Great matches.

Peace ✌✌

Nothing but love and hugs your way, friend, stay strong!

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Wow, I'd looked away every time this happened so I hadn't seen it yet. I don't think he should be doing it if he can't protect the receiver!

Regarding this, Jeff has apparently said he's been dealing with back problems because of years of protecting the receiver while doing the swanton. (Heard that on a podcast yesterday, but can't remember which one. Maybe Fightful) At this point, him landing on guys seems to be more about cushioning his own fall.

In a 2018 interview, he also said: "The toll has been rough at times. Lately, my lower back has really been bothering me to the point where I haven't been doing the swanton as much in the live events just to protect it. I think looking forward I'm gonna have to be more like that, because nothing lasts forever."

...says the guy who just jumped from over 20 feet through two dudes and two tables. @_@

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Loved the fuck out of Yuta vs Bryan. Only disappointing part of it was no post match stuff with Regal. It cut out of there quickly, I want to see Yuta continue to inch closer to joining them. That spit to the face was so fucking disgusting, never seen so much at once. Lol

I think what Regal did on commentary accomplished that. He did an awesome job of putting Yuta over.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
All, I'm interested in ordering RoH but I probably won't be able to tune in until 10PM. I've never ordered from Fite, so I have a few questions,
1) will the ppv be over at 10 PM.
2) can I join a live / in progress event?
3) can I start over or watch the ppv immediately after it is done airing?

Aka Am I going to have a problem watching a streaming PPV in 2022, you know, like we do on BR?

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
All, I'm interested in ordering RoH but I probably won't be able to tune in until 10PM. I've never ordered from Fite, so I have a few questions,
1) will the ppv be over at 10 PM.
2) can I join a live / in progress event?
3) can I start over or watch the ppv immediately after it is done airing?

Aka Am I going to have a problem watching a streaming PPV in 2022, you know, like we do on BR?

Pretty sure the answers to part 2 and 3 are yes, but you should do the Honor Club subscription. It's only $10 for the month and if you use the same email you use to access Fite it automatically gives you access to the PPV and all the ROH legacy content. Just did it yesterday from Canada after being tempted to buy the PPV but unsure if I could catch it live and it worked like a charm.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure the answers to part 2 and 3 are yes, but you should do the Honor Club subscription. It's only $10 for the month and if you use the same email you use to access Fite it automatically gives you access to the PPV and all the ROH legacy content. Just did it yesterday from Canada after being tempted to buy the PPV but unsure if I could catch it live and it worked like a charm.

Oh cool. Thanks for the tip. And watching on Ronor Club is just as easy? No BR Live gotchas?

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
First of all.... TONY FUCKING STORM! And she got her old finisher back too! It's not her best outing, but she'll get that rust off in no time.

The rest of the card was great too. Seeing Yuta grow personality wise has been beautiful. Darby... I mean geezer. And the Pinnacle saga is moving on nicely.

As for Marko Stunt... I'm actually more upset with his departure than Janela's. Stunt can still play a big part for Jurassic Express once Christian Cage 's sudden yet inevitable betrayal happens. He can also help Luchasaurus in tag action when Jungle Boy gets a singlea push. Or all three of them could have went after the trios titles. I feel that AEW doesn't realize how much of a lynchpin Marko Stunt is and how his absense can mess up the dynamic with others.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
Oh cool. Thanks for the tip. And watching on Ronor Club is just as easy? No BR Live gotchas?

Not exactly sure, I've just been watching seamlessly through Fite on my apple tv as I'd already ordered a couple AEW PPV's there. Think you may be able to watch via their website as well and people remarked it works fine. But it did give me a chance to watch bits of a couple random ROH ppv's and I mean to get through Final Battle before Friday.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Marko is a casualty of the big names being brought in. Kinda fucked up how he was just gone pretty much when Christian showed up on the scene. Someone like him is great to keep around to be tossed by the hoss folks.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, I loved many JE trios matches involving Stunt. This one seems like an unforced error, especially if Christian doesn't stick around in JE.

I imagine we might see Stunt again down the road, but it's messed up how Tony just reportedly stopped talking to him.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I don't think Marko ever brought anything of note to Jurassic Express, dude didn't even have a jungle/dinosaur gimmick! He was just there.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, I actually like Marko, but he was honestly pretty unnecessary in Jurassic Express from the get-go. Don't have any issues with his contract not being renewed. They can't keep everyone on the roster forever.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like the best parts of Marko were when he was getting tossed around by Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus as a part of their offense. I don't think he works well by himself in AEW. He's an indie attraction. Wish him the best but I don't have an issue with him going either.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Marko coulda been good as small babyface that gets picked on but you want to root for, the problem was he flossed, interfered in their matches and just made Jurassic Express seem more heelish

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all writing off Marko are going to feel dumb when he joins BCC.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
79c854ca0dd04a436e639a310925efdd.png

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
I'll miss (and have been missing) Marko in AEW. He was ALWAYS entertaining in a match, always did really cool things even if most of that was him playing off others. He was great at making others and himself look awesome and I think he brought something that not every wrestler brings. I think it's a shame that he just mysteriously disappeared one day and was never acknowledged again.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Here are my thoughts on Marko.

I think Marko was underutilized by only really being used as a small guy big guys could throw around. He was better than that and could have been booked more like Fuego is, where Fuego gets to show more offense and gets singles wins from time to time. I didn't initially like Marko being added to a boy and his dinosaur, but Jurassic Express ended up being fun in the end.

They burned through his credibility, and ended up with someone they didn't know what to do with.

I don't think there's much room on the card for Marko anymore, even if he had been better booked. And yes, I could tell you people I'd let go of before Marko (like Jake Hager who adds precisely NOTHING) but those people aren't really doing much of anything either.

That said, I really do wonder who is going to wrestle in ROH if we're going to cut people like Marko and Janela who could definitely shine (and help others shine) there.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Overall a really enjoyable episode of dynamite, some great matches too.

One thing that has stood out to me regarding the reactions online, do people just not remember what happens a week ago? Reason I ask is that people have been acting surprised that Yuta was getting a big reaction from the audience and yet that clearly started last week with his match with Moxley.

This story with the BCC has done an amazing job at putting focus on him and getting the crowd behind him. Joe from late night grin made a great point that it's refreshing to see that a simple and traditional build that they have been doing with him has worked very well.

On a separate note, that Z pack line from Caster was damn good 😂

UmbranUndying

Feb 20, 2022
I'm hoping that at least some of the people that have seemingly been forgotten in AEW get ROH offers once Tony's started signing people. "Indie attraction" types like Marko and guys like Janela, who have a lot to offer, but got lost in the admittedly huge shuffle that was AEW's aggressive talent acquisition would be good talent to keep around however they could.

I'm not especially confident in that given the rumors of Tony ghosting these guys.

Also please get better soon Miro. We need you in the world title scene.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I've really missed Miro on TV. He'd be a perfect fit for the Blackpool Combat Club.

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
Thank you Fitts & Serpens007 💜💜

I'll miss Marko. He had this infectious energy about him and thought he fit well into Jurassic Express. However, I do realize that there isn't too much you can do with Marko in AEW. He can't beat your stars nor would it be good for him to be a job guy. He fits way better on the Indies then a major wrestling company. But according to SRS, the split was amicable, so there's a chance he can come back for a few appearances.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Thank you Fitts & Serpens007 💜💜

I'll miss Marko. He had this infectious energy about him and thought he fit well into Jurassic Express. However, I do realize that there isn't too much you can do with Marko in AEW. He can't beat your stars nor would it be good for him to be a job guy. He fits way better on the Indies then a major wrestling company. But according to SRS, the split was amicable, so there's a chance he can come back for a few appearances.
I *hope* it'll be like Peter Avalon, but the difference there is that they were using Peter on TV right up until his contract ended.

And for what it's worth, you'll get through today. If she's in your thoughts, and she obviously is, you're doing the best you can.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
In regards to the rumors of Marko getting "ghosted" by AEW:

OIWmRm6.jpg

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Marko was a blessing when Lichasurus got injured early on in AEW and he kept the team running and get Jungle Boy featured. But honestly after that he always felt like a fifth wheel on that team and the booking too often had Marko obsessively get his spots which took away from the spotlight that needed to be on the boy and his dinosaur. Not Marko's fault really, though.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017

Toni Storm's emotions both before and after the match was my favorite part of the night

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I keep drafting tier lists and before I can post them new people get signed and I'm forced to change shit

this has happened like 5 times