• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
1. I admire the sticking to a budget thing TK claims he's doing but MJF is that important that if he needed to he should swallow his pride, go cap in hand to his dad and tell him he needs money for this guy.

I don't buy for a second that Tony Khan doesn't have the budget to pay MJF more. I also don't think it's a good idea to renegotiate talent pay if you aren't securing them for more time on their contracts. It's not a good idea to let talent run over you when you are in charge that's something Dixie found out the hard way in TNA.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
For whoever above was asking why Caster and not Bowens vs Punk tonight:

TK on Busted Open today said that Bowens has a knee injury from the match with Jurassic Express, they thought it was just gonna be a two week thing but it's taking longer to heal.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Tessa also seems incredibly unlikely as I think if they were ever going to sign her they would've done it by now but I guess them working with her could be more likely now than it ever was previously? I say that because April Brooks (AKA, AJ Lee or CM Punk's wife) I want to say started a all women's wrestling company and Tessa was one of the first people signed. I have not heard a word about Tessa or that company since it started so I have no idea where any of that stands but I guess the Punk connection could make AEW doing some one off matches with Tessa possible. That said, her rep (particularly as a toxic locker room entity) makes it seem doubtful that AEW would ever do more than some one offs with her. We saw how quick AEW was to give Ivelisse the boot the moment her toxicness started to shine through.

Consider the shitstorm that happened when they planned to bring in Kendrick no way are they touching Tessa with a 10ft pole. She's basically burned bridges with every single company that has invested in her.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
For whoever above was asking why Caster and not Bowens vs Punk tonight:

TK on Busted Open today said that Bowens has a knee injury from the match with Jurassic Express, they thought it was just gonna be a two week thing but it's taking longer to heal.

Damn, hope he recovers quickly.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
FO0e5EeWUAEGyTK

FO0e5EdXIAc9a1d

FPG4EWYXMAUnNIH

FPHBuRzXsAE2Enp

FO0e5EdWYAA0Vxn

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Consider the shitstorm that happened when they planned to bring in Kendrick no way are they touching Tessa with a 10ft pole. She's basically burned bridges with every single company that has invested in her.

Yeah, I was a big fan of giving Tessa another shot a year or two ago, but that ship has sailed. I'm not even remotely entertaining that thought anymore.
In my opinion the division is bordering at being too big already for what time they're given. Dark and Elevation are crutches for that dilemma that I don't really count anymore.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
But that might be the one thing Vince does right. Didn't he make a billion dollars last quarter? Lol

Let's call it "corporate human relations and value of the talent as human beings rather than just for your product" handling then? Though it seems that in WWE that's an issue with all the middle men rather than Vince himself.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Let's call it "corporate human relations and value of the talent as human beings rather than just for your product" handling then? Though it seems that in WWE that's an issue with all the middle men rather than Vince himself.

The mass firings, right.

I get what you're saying, I just think any comparison to Vince is way off. TK didn't even lay anyone off during the pandemic.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
Only one promoter issued a written edict about non-onscreen character Petey Williams to be called either Pete or Peter (instead of Petey, a name which said promoter despises) in the past couple of weeks, I'll let you guess which one.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
Sorry, but Vince McMahon and Tony Khan are not even in the same stratosphere. Even suggesting the possibility of Tony going "full Vince" is fucking ridiculous and shows a blatant blind eye to the laundry list of terrible things that Vince has either done or been associated with.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
The mass firings, right.

I get what you're saying, I just think any comparison to Vince is way off. TK didn't even lay anyone off during the pandemic.

Well yeah I guess I'm going too far. It's gonna take a lot to get to Vince's level of shittyness, but there are worrysome signs that sometimes Tony's kinda of an ass when he wants to be. I hope he never gets that low and his talent relation team has better control on how they handle these situations

Jan 31, 2018
Yeah man, a really stupid tweet is the same as covering rape AND murder (!) and being responsible for killing one of your employees. He could go Full Vince in any minute!

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
What's important is KOR gets to play belt guitar.

Guys I was talking about handling talent let go, I didn't insult Jesus Christ lmao

There's a bit of a false equivalence of a promoter letting deals expire and comparing them to a promoter actively cutting massive swaths of the roster for no reason other than profit, regardless of the "extracurricular activities" mentioned.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
What's going on in here?

TK is fine. He's not perfect. AEW just delivered an amazing ppv a month ago.

Everytime there is a slightly slightly down episode this place turns hyper negative

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
There's a bit of a false equivalence of a promoter letting deals expire and comparing them to a promoter actively cutting massive swaths of the roster for no reason other than profit, regardless of the "extracurricular activities" mentioned.

Yeah, as I said, I guess there's a lot of differences, but there's also false equivalence in clearly talking about talent relations and going into the other stuff. That's very disengineous and kinda weird getting that defensive about a billionare being called for mishandling relations.

What's going on in here?

TK is fine. He's not perfect. AEW just delivered an amazing ppv a month ago.

Everytime there is a slightly slightly down episode this place turns hyper negative

Nah it had nothing to do with the quality of the product.

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
Yeah, as I said, I guess there's a lot of differences, but there's also false equivalence in clearly talking about talent relations and going into the other stuff. That's very disengineous and kinda weird getting that defensive about a billionare being called for mishandling relations.

It's not a matter of being defensive. Comparing a guy to a literal monster because he has failures in talent relations just seems a bit much, that's all.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
There is a massive difference between "We are not renewing your contract once it expires" and "we are firing you"

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
It's not a matter of being defensive. Comparing a guy to a literal monster because he has failures in talent relations just seems a bit much, that's all.

It absolutely is defensive lol When the topic at hand was talent relations, and you compare talent relations to one of the few other guys you can compare to, it shouldn't be that hard to understand.

I get there's still a lot of differences, but c'mon. Tony more than deserves criticism for the streak of stupid decisions in that regard.

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
It absolutely is defensive lol When the topic at hand was talent relations, and you compare talent relations to one of the few other guys you can compare to, it shouldn't be that hard to understand.

I get there's still a lot of differences, but c'mon. Tony more than deserves criticism for the streak of stupid decisions in that regard.

I don't think anyone's arguing that lol. All I'm saying is jumping from "this guy has some flaws in his business" to "this guy's Vince" is a bit much.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
That's very disengineous and kinda weird getting that defensive about a billionare being called for mishandling relations.

I don't think there is anything weird about it. We should be able to talk about it. Okay so maybe they were not as nice as me, but really who is? I can't fault them for that.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I don't think there is anything weird about it. We should be able to talk about it. Okay so maybe they were not as nice as me, but really who is? I can't fault them for that.

I guess I insulted a very loved billionare and I deserve to be punished. I will prohibit myself from watching Danielson vs Yuta today.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Also for what it's worth and obviously they can handle stuff better the only person who has ever been let go early was due to speaking out allegations.

Everyone else has been paid 100% of the money their contract said they would get. Maybe they wanted to do more or weren't happy with their own screen time or character work or whatever but AEW has not financially screwed anyone over.

Like we can point out problems with AEW but we should start at a baseline that people are paid which is a far cry from a lot of promotions indie, semi major and the E

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I don't buy for a second that Tony Khan doesn't have the budget to pay MJF more. I also don't think it's a good idea to renegotiate talent pay if you aren't securing them for more time on their contracts. It's not a good idea to let talent run over you when you are in charge that's something Dixie found out the hard way in TNA.

We've heard rumors that point to some of the recent deals pushing AEW to the point where there is limited funds to go around.

TK doesn't seem to be a money mark willing to lose money on AEW.

Im assuming once his 3rd tv deal is set and he is paid closer to what his ratings are well see that shift.

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
I guess I insulted a very loved billionare and I deserve to be punished. I will prohibit myself from watching Danielson vs Yuta today.

Dude you had a terrible take saying that he's going to go full Vince at any time because he still needs work in areas. You got called out on it. Rather than try to make it a "defending a billionaire" argument and dismiss your bad take, just take the L and do better next time.

Sheesh.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Also for what it's worth and obviously they can handle stuff better the only person who has ever been let go early was due to speaking out allegations.

Everyone else has been paid 100% of the money their contract said they would get. Maybe they wanted to do more or weren't happy with their own screen time or character work or whatever but AEW has not financially screwed anyone over.

Like we can point out problems with AEW but we should start at a baseline that people are paid which is a far cry from a lot of promotions indie, semi major and the E

And the people who are ghosted still get paid and can still book themselves at independent shows and such. Not a bad deal honestly.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
Dude you had a terrible take saying that he's going to go full Vince at any time because he still needs work in areas. You got called out on it. Rather than try to make it a "defending a billionaire" argument and dismiss your bad take, just take the L and do better next time.

Sheesh.
Yup

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
And the people who are ghosted still get paid and can still book themselves at independent shows and such. Not a bad deal honestly.

Yep. Like TK shouldn't have done the swole tweet. It was shitty and dumb. But Swole got her money. There were a lot of people who took big money deals to keep them out of AEW who were cut right after doing so.

On the grand scale of things Swole was treated better than loads of WWE talent shitty tweet and all

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
In wrestling, you don't compare something negative a promoter does with Vince. It's like how you dont compare other bad things to the Nazi's, it just makes you look foolish

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017

c'mon, I think TK sucks in a lot of ways, but comparing almost anyone to Vince is gonna catch this kind of response, Vince has done an unbelievable amount of awful shit and it wasn't clear at all that you meant only in terms of letting talent go. You said he could go "full Vince" and "full Vince" involves killing your own talent.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile

Sheesh.

Behold!

www.resetera.com

All Elite Wrestling |OT9| Where We’re Going We Don’t Need Rhodes

Well yeah I guess I'm going too far. It's gonna take a lot to get to Vince's level of shittyness, but there are worrysome signs that sometimes Tony's kinda of an ass when he wants to be. I hope he never gets that low and his talent relation team has better control on how they handle these situations

After that post, yes, it's defensive.

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
Behold!

www.resetera.com

You make this take here:

www.resetera.com

O’Khan calling out MJF is so funny to me. You should probably aim a little lower bud. lol

Then have been trying to dig upwards since. It was a bad take. Full stop. Just move on.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Behold!

www.resetera.com

Probably should edit the original post to clarify, the nature of forums is that you're gonna catch heat off the original post from people catching up on the thread long before they get to the part where you say "oops, I was being hyperbolic"

Also given how negative and TK critical this thread is almost every week, hard to believe you'd think it's a love fest for him. This thread is notorious for calling him out constantly.