• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 5, 2017
Something I noticed in Jeff's official matches - is it just me or does it look like he's come up short on both Swantons he's landed? He's landing flush on people but, if I remember correctly, didn't he overshoot them so that the back of his head would be the only part of his body connecting? I haven't seen him wrestle in forever so correct me if I'm wrong.

ClassAndFear

Oct 30, 2017
Something I noticed in Jeff's official matches - is it just me or does it look like he's come up short on both Swantons he's landed? He's landing flush on people but, if I remember correctly, didn't he overshoot them so that the back of his head would be the only part of his body connecting? I haven't seen him wrestle in forever so correct me if I'm wrong.
Certainly he's holding the small of his back after doing them. You've got to assume he's modified them because of years of abuse. That's not a kind-to-the-body move.

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
That first hour was pure and utter fire. I loved the show overall, the only damp squib for me was Rosa's segment or what she had of one.

I love Rosa, love Nyla, don't even mind Vicky's gimmick, but doesn't every Nyla feud start the same way? And Rosa deserved to get more shine last night than she did.

It wasn't the highlight action-wise, but this segment/promo was my favourite of the night. Not a lot warms my heart more than seeing Regal get his due, and I cannot wait to see where this story is going.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
It wasn't the highlight action-wise, but this segment/promo was my favourite of the night. Not a lot warms my heart more than seeing Regal get his due, and I cannot wait to see where this story is going.
It's best thing in AEW right now.
I also like they don't waste time on a "can they coexist!?!?" bit with Mox and Danielson. These two love to wreck shit together, that's all.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017

I honestly don't remember Jeff ever landing it well. I think his main appeal is his ability to crash and burn.

That said, his big spot last night was incredible.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For a long time now I think he's been pretty much landing on people. I swear I saw someone in WWE say it sucks to take, maybe Shameus.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Jade is getting so much more natural on the mic, and believable in her delivery. "Tony, cut the shit," was perfect!

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Very solid Episode last night, but I didn't care for the main event to be honest. It was pretty meh for me.

I find hilarious to think how Andrade basically took over an organization and it's now his faction.

The tornado tag match was fire. As was the Punk match. And it seems like he's going for the title? We got our DoN match!

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
If Punk vs. Hangman is the Double or Nothing match, you gotta give it to Punk, right? Or does that only happen with him as a heel?

Ivol

Dec 12, 2017
The lack of patience in here, my god. Punk vs Hangman isn't a match for Dynamite or Battle of the Belts. That's the Double or Nothing main event and there's 9 weeks of tv (not even counting BotB) until we get there. Adam Cole feuding with Hangman is perfectly fine in the meantime…

Ivol

Dec 12, 2017
If Punk vs. Hangman is the Double or Nothing match, you gotta give it to Punk, right? Or does that only happen with him as a heel?
Meltzer talked about Punk winning the title and then defending it against a returning Kenny at All Out in Chicago. I'm already booking my damn plane ticket👀

Ivol

Dec 12, 2017
Oh God. My wife wants to go to All Out this year. I hadn't even dared to dream what the actual matches would be until this moment.
He was talking about how every PPV has made more money than the same one the year before and how THAT'S a way to keep that trajectory…

Kenny and Punk with a Chicago crowd. Just IMAGINE!

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Daniel Garcia is so perfect in JAS. Taking a guy known entirely for his wrestling and making him a sports entertainer is just such a fun idea!

But speaking of JAS, have Santana and Ortiz flourished at all since breaking free of Jericho? Them leaving and exposing Jericho as a narcissist has helped Chris out with a fresh new character, but did I miss it elevating them at all?

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Oh yeah that Lambert segment was okay but I really wish he didn't go into unnecesary mysoginy to get heat. I like them as heels, they're fucking punchable people, but that's just not needed to get there.

And I second the feeling that Blackpool Combat Club being the best thing right now. It brings so much legitimacy to the biz as the cool kids say. I'm sure we will inevitably get the Blackpool Combat Club vs JAS at some point. I hope they don't do rush it, let them wreck havoc separately for a while before their clash.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Oh yeah that Lambert segment was okay but I really wish he didn't go into unnecesary mysoginy to get heat. I like them as heels, they're fucking punchable people, but that's just not needed to get there.

And I second the feeling that Blackpool Combat Club being the best thing right now. It brings so much legitimacy to the biz as the cool kids say. I'm sure we will inevitably get the Blackpool Combat Club vs JAS at some point. I hope they don't do rush it, let them wreck havoc separately for a while before their clash.

It's gonna be a battle for Garcia's soul.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Ugh I love Nyla, she's great. But she has been placed in that first up feud to establish the champs credentials too many times that you're teetering on Archer territory for me. "GRR I'M GONNA BEAT YOU! I'M AN INVINCIBLE MONSTER!" *match happens* *champ retains*

Shida won the belt from her and then Britt and now Rosa all had to beat her first up. I understand beating a former champ is an easy way to increase your worth as current champ but did it have to be the first feud again? >_>

Do you really not have anyone else? I was really hoping Thunder Rosa was gonna get to do something different.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Good first half of Dynamite but echoing above the second half not so great.

And I'm hoping something got seriously lost in translation re Rampage spoilers for HOOK because if not...ooof.

Hook walked out non chalantly, didn't react to getting the award then put solo threw it and walked out like he couldn't be bothered.

Then danhausen showed up to curse him and hook just kept walking like he didn't care danhausen popped out

It was a light comedy spot but nothing offensive

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Look at how far Jade has come. Improved in the ring, and greatly improved promos where she comes off like a natural now.

I honestly feel like Dan Lambert isn't needed just like Vickie isn't needed.

And going back in my head, look at all the celebrations that everyone who has won the Women's and Men's titles (aside from Riho and Shida since their English wasn't up to par then) and compare that to how Rosa was treated last night. It's so wrong.

I get the feeling that the reactions are going to reach TK and he's going to make some big changes.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
I know Lethal has a questionable background, but man...he took the best roshambo ever. That was a thing of beauty.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
Hook walked out non chalantly, didn't react to getting the award then put solo threw it and walked out like he couldn't be bothered.

Then danhausen showed up to curse him and hook just kept walking like he didn't care danhausen popped out

It was a light comedy spot but nothing offensive

Ah that's muuuuuch better than the spoilers made it sound. They all made out like it was an angle to set up a HOOK vs Danhausen feud which is the absolute last thing HOOK (or Danhausen for that matter) should be doing. A QT/Danhausen feud - fine? HOOK - big nope! Glad you had a good time - really looking forward to AEW getting over to the UK so I can see them live

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I think it's time for someone to have an uncomfortable conversation with Vickie. Nyla doesn't need her, but she was also apparently the one who suggested the pairing, so maybe she doesn't see the issue. Either way, Tony should step in. Vickie can be good in small doses, but last night just made me want to fast forward or turn off the program.

Last edited:

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Gimme the Blackpool Combat Club tee ASAP.

Many happy and crappy memories of Blackpool.

I'm thinking about how this leads to Yuta being the first guy to join. I imagine we'll get a banger match where he goes over Trent, and Regal finally accepts him into the group.

Also, I'm in Canada, but I'd rock a Blackpool Combat Club t-shirt depending on how good it looked. I'm imaging a logo that's simple, circular, and a bit faded. Like a gym tshirt of sorts. Maybe just a faded boot imprint in the middle with them talking about stepping up or getting stepped on.

Last edited:

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
There are a few people that can demand punk money like Cody wanted. MJF is 100% one of them.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Daniel Garcia is so perfect in JAS. Taking a guy known entirely for his wrestling and making him a sports entertainer is just such a fun idea!

But speaking of JAS, have Santana and Ortiz flourished at all since breaking free of Jericho? Them leaving and exposing Jericho as a narcissist has helped Chris out with a fresh new character, but did I miss it elevating them at all?

It is, and it really helps that Garcia knows how to sell himself on the mic in this role. He's definitely appearing more comfortable to let that charisma shine through.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
+ Punk vs Dax
+ 8 man
+ MJF/Wardlow segment
+ Dax promo
+ Cole/Lethal
+ Hangman taking on Undisputed by himself
+ Mox & Danielson beating fuck out of Blondes
+ Blackpool Combat Club
+ Yuta standing up to Trent
+ Jade
+ Sammy & Tay shutting Lambert up

- Main event too short
- Too many segments
- Off night for Daniel Garcia
- Bait and switch with Rosa
- Velvet & Hirsch had a better match last week
- The weirdos who are fans of MJF shtick but draw the line when he goes after JC
- Can we get Swerve, Lee and Starks back on Dynamite?

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's time for someone to have an uncomfortable conversation with Vickie. Nyla doesn't need her, but she was also apparently the one who suggested the pairing, so maybe she doesn't see the issue. Either way, Tony should step in. Vickie can be good in small doses, but last night just made me want to fast forward or turn off the program.
Someone's gonna have to break Nylas heart. Last night should absolutely be a disciplinary action and personally, if she goes, she goes. She's offered zero to what we've seen on screen and everyone knows Nyla can talk on her own. But last night's comment was just plain fucking stupid and racist as shit.

ClassAndFear

Oct 30, 2017
There are a few people that can demand punk money like Cody wanted. MJF is 100% one of them.
See, I think Tony knows he can't. If he calls Tony's bluff, he goes to WWE, and he'll be lost. Tony'll know that. Vince didn't make him, won't own him. He'll be mid-card quicker than you can say his initials. So then: he'll want to come back. Tony will know that as well. Not saying he won't be devastated or want him to stay, he totally will. But MJF isn't the big deal in WWE he thinks—or, I suspect, fronts—that he is.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Someone's gonna have to break Nylas heart. Last night should absolutely be a disciplinary action and personally, if she goes, she goes. She's offered zero to what we've seen on screen and everyone knows Nyla can talk on her own. But last night's comment was just plain fucking stupid and racist as shit.

Another big part of the problem is there's a clear end to the Nyla-Vickie partnership (where Nyla realizes Vickie is holding her back and gets rid of her) but it doesn't seem like we're anywhere close to that being resolved right now.

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
Another big part of the problem is there's a clear end to the Nyla-Vickie partnership (where Nyla realizes Vickie is holding her back and gets rid of her) but it doesn't seem like we're anywhere close to that being resolved right now.
I remember it was teased on one Dark I believe, during the pandemic empty arena stuff. So whatever was there, was long forgotten. If that's the case, just drop it and let her stand on her own. I bet Nyla can come up with some creative stuff on her own

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Look at how far Jade has come. Improved in the ring, and greatly improved promos where she comes off like a natural now.

I honestly feel like Dan Lambert isn't needed just like Vickie isn't needed.

And going back in my head, look at all the celebrations that everyone who has won the Women's and Men's titles (aside from Riho and Shida since their English wasn't up to par then) and compare that to how Rosa was treated last night. It's so wrong.

I get the feeling that the reactions are going to reach TK and he's going to make some big changes.

I kind of go back and forth on Lambert. He can definitely work the mic and get heat. I would think Page and Scorpio are good enough on the mic to get over themselves, but then you see the tepid reaction for Scorpio like last week and maybe not. I do kinda like him getting involved in Archer's promos (I guess Jake is not always available or something) and Archer just shoving him to the side all the time.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
The fact that Statlander was barred from ringside after simply stopping the heel from cheating to win last match, one single time, not even hitting the person, just stopped potential cheating and that was enough for Tony Khan to be like "THATS IT KRIS! ENOUGH!! YOU'RE BARRED!!!" while every single other match has interference, cheating and ref incompetence makes me giggle.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
I'm not seeing the whole "Tay and Sammy are the new Cody and Brandi" stuff some of y'all are on. I also don't want this to turn into people shitting on them permanently because of one bad segment.
Sammy hasn't had a good segment since like November. His matches are good but his talking segments are either teenage edgelord or Cena wannabe boy scout "you can do anything you put your mind to" lameness.

I watch Sammys vlog, I "like" him but even so he is grating

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
The fact that Statlander was barred from ringside after simply stopping the heel from cheating to win last match, one single time, not even hitting the person, just stopped potential cheating and that was enough for Tony Khan to be like "THATS IT KRIS! ENOUGH!! YOU'RE BARRED!!!" while every single other match has interference, cheating and ref incompetence makes me giggle.

Only faces refuse to interfere when told they can't anyway (like Wheeler last night, since FTR is definitely turning face)

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
like Wheeler last night, since FTR is definitely turning face
Everything about how this was handled was so fucking masterful. From Wheeler heading back at the entrance, Dax subtly working more babyface as the match went out, Wheeler coming out solely to get Dax back in the ring while pounding the mat - AND THE CROWD ACTUALLY GETTING BEHIND IT! Dax trying the Sharpshooter multiple times only to be denied by Punk, Dax visibly refusing to pull Punk's hair in the hold, and Wheeler climbing the apron just go beckon Dax toward the ropes. God they did so good with that whole segment. You knew it was working when the crowd exploded at the Sharpshooter.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Everything about how this was handled was so fucking masterful. From Wheeler heading back at the entrance, Dax subtly working more babyface as the match went out, Wheeler coming out solely to get Dax back in the ring while pounding the mat - AND THE CROWD ACTUALLY GETTING BEHIND IT! Dax trying the Sharpshooter multiple times only to be denied by Punk, Dax visibly refusing to pull Punk's hair in the hold, and Wheeler climbing the apron just go beckon Dax toward the ropes. God they did so good with that whole segment. You knew it was working when the crowd exploded at the Sharpshooter.

The best part was instead of just ignoring it, they had MJF come out and say "yeah the Pinnacle is still a thing and we're going to regroup next week" which makes me wonder which tag team is going to come into the Pinnacle to kick FTR out (there's no way it's the Gunn club, right, because that would be... something) and whether Tully is with them.

I mean I love MJF but if his faction becomes Shawn Spears and the Gunn Club...