• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Jeff Hardy says he was 'ready to go' when he jumped the rail on his last WWE show

On Matt Hardy's latest podcast, Jeff Hardy went into detail on his run in WWE and why things ended.

Jeff was asked what happened in his last night in WWE: "Certain things happen for a reason. Subconsciously, that was one of the smartest, maybe the smartest things I have ever done, guided by something higher than me."

He continued, "In WWE, it was like glimmers of hope, like, maybe I do still have something. The last glimmer of hope was the Survivor Series, which was really good. It came down to me and Seth Rollins. The crowd was so behind me. I felt like one of the most popular babyfaces in WWE because the crowd was so with me."

"Then there's other times I just felt like a ghost roaming the halls and I'm like, 'Why am I even here? I don't feel important at all.' But you know, I kept doing my deal. I just would show up and do whatever they wanted me to do. I've never been a politicker, so I don't go out of my way to try to get a certain spot or achieve a certain status."

"But yeah, just that night in Edinburgh, Texas for some reason, I finished my heat, you know, I took the heat, and I just said, 'I'm ready to go.' I went over the rail and disappeared into the crowd. Naturally, they think I took something like drugs or whatever, but I didn't. I mean, if I was that bad, I should never have gone out there, is the way I see it. But yeah, I thought, 'Man, that's just another unpredictable thing that I can do and I'll get away with it. But it was more serious than that."
Listening to the episode now and Matt insisted Jeff do his dance and take his time to save him lol. Also Jeff said he is excited about the AEW Universe.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Bang-on comparison right here.

Which reminds me, when Hogan introduced The Disciple (Brutus) in WCW, he said (paraphrased) "everyone worships the ground I walk on, and this man is the leader of them." LOL

I'm still not sure if it would be the coolest thing ever to have Britt as your dentist or if you'd be worried having her operate on you on 2 hours of sleep after being slammed into tacks.

Out of that entire message, you thought that was the one sentence that wasn't in kayfabe? LMAO

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That seems to be a pretty honest accounting of what happened by Jeff. He just felt like he could do whatever and it didn't matter. So fuck it, I'll just walk off in the middle of a show because I'm over it. Lol.
It's hilarious as always to read the Twitter replies from the vincels acting like this is the most disrespectful thing in the world and how he fucked the fans and WWE over.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
This is random but I've always sort of wondered, but how do you "take" a coffin drop (this probably goes for Finn Balor's Coup De grace too)? Do you just have to sort of cradle your arms and try and sink your chest and absorb the contact?

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
This is random but I've always sort of wondered, but how do you "take" a coffin drop (this probably goes for Finn Balor's Coup De grace too)? Do you just have to sort of cradle your arms and try and sink your chest and absorb the contact?

The coffin drop yeah, you can absorb it like most splashes. The coup de grace I think it goes a lot more into Finn's own body control. There's a lot of good faith involved in these type of moves.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Claudio Castignoli applied to trademark CSRO for merch, coffee, and wrestling purposes

On 3/14, Claudio Castignoli applied to trademark CSRO for:
G & S: Hats; Shirts; Socks; Sweatshirts; Hooded sweatshirts
G & S: Coffee; Coffee beans; Coffee drinks; Ground coffee; Ground coffee beans

G & S: Entertainment in the nature of wrestling contests; Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibits and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer; Entertainment services, namely, live appearances by a a professional wrestler and sports entertainer; Entertainment services, namely, personal appearances by a professional wrestler and sports entertainment personality; Entertainment services, namely, televised appearances by a professional wrestling and sports entertainment personality; Providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network; Providing online interviews featuring a professional wrestling and sports entertainment personality in the field of professional wrestling and sports entertainment for entertainment purposes.

Ivol

Dec 12, 2017
Claudio Castignoli applied to trademark CSRO for merch, coffee, and wrestling purposes

On 3/14, Claudio Castignoli applied to trademark CSRO for:
G & S: Hats; Shirts; Socks; Sweatshirts; Hooded sweatshirts
G & S: Coffee; Coffee beans; Coffee drinks; Ground coffee; Ground coffee beans

G & S: Entertainment in the nature of wrestling contests; Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibits and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer; Entertainment services, namely, live appearances by a a professional wrestler and sports entertainer; Entertainment services, namely, personal appearances by a professional wrestler and sports entertainment personality; Entertainment services, namely, televised appearances by a professional wrestling and sports entertainment personality; Providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network; Providing online interviews featuring a professional wrestling and sports entertainment personality in the field of professional wrestling and sports entertainment for entertainment purposes.
Oh my god!! It's happening isn't it?👀

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
still can't stop thinking about

DADDY MAGIC MATT MENARD

AND COOL HAND ANGE ANGELO PARKER
Daddy Magic is the worst, absolutely stupidest wrestling name among the pantheon of even Chuck Taylor's list of bad wrestling names and I laugh my ass off thinking about it. It's so good.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
still can't stop thinking about

DADDY MAGIC MATT MENARD

AND COOL HAND ANGE ANGELO PARKER

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I've also seen the rumor that he might be MJF's new heater now that Wardlow is doing his own thing.
Huh, interesting. That would fit for sure. Seems like they would need to reintroduce Brian Cage soon cause I don't know how long you want to just sit on a perfectly healthy solid wrestler and do nothing with them. I'm sure they'll circle back to him feuding with Team Taz way down the road but yeah, reigniting a feud that went nowhere without everyone involved being built up in a way that would make reigniting that feud matter doesn't really make sense. Team Taz has been built up recently and looking good but Brian Cage needs to be built back up. Then at some point they pull the trigger on a full Team Taz face turn and it's Team Taz vs The Pinnacle.

Also, Brian Cage keeps Wardlow away from MJF for a bit as we're a little over 2 months out from DON and I have to imagine Wardlow vs MJF is a DON match.

Toli08

Oct 27, 2017
Ive never ordered a ROH ppv or show before. But FTR vs the Bush Whackers is going to get me to order it. FTR need to win and then win the AEW belts and do a Kenny Belt run as the GOAT Tag teams!!!

Especially if Bret the GOAT actually becomes their new manager! 3 of my favorite Wrestlers of all time doing it together! Give it to me now!