• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
The shock victory of 123 kid over Razor Ramon was one of the matches I've always remembered as a youngster.

www.youtube.com

The 1-2-3 Kid scores a huge upset victory over Razor Ramon

Nothing to really do with AEW(?), but still deserving of an RIP tribute.

EDIT: O wait, Ethan Page's finisher "Ego's Edge" is styled after Razor Ramon; there we go.

I loved that match, remember reading it in the official WWF magazine and been blown away that some rookie could beat Razor.

Scott was one of my favourite wrestlers as a kid, I can still remember the first time I saw his intro promo on Superstars and thinking how cool this guy was. RIP :(

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
34e71iwjjin81.jpg

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Razor. Looking back he's involved in so many of my favorite matches from that time period. He was a hell of an IC champ and literally made Waltman's career. Really sad about this one...

If you use Twitter she is one of the best follows you could have. She's a comic genius and it gives me great hope she has a face run where she can show it.

Boze Man

Oct 27, 2017
Bozeman, MT
As a straight cis honky ass WASP, I'm completely ready for a large contingent of LGBTQ+ community members "discovering" pro wrestling. Let's make the front rows of AEW shows a little less "get over crowd" smarks and a little more fabulous.

And push Sonny Kiss damnit.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Bryan on F4W just challenged all the Cody haters to text or call him to predict Cody's future by the end of a year with a prize for the winner. Shocking no haters called or text 🤣

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017

*sigh*

On the topic of Scott Hall, this hurts a bit more than I was expecting. I've just gotten back into wrestling the last 6 months or so but Hall was obviously a staple of WWF and WCW when I was a new fan back in the mid-late 90's. My initial interest was in the Stone Cold/Bret Hart feud but, from there, so I just starting renting every single WWF/WCW VHS from my local video rental place (they had a lot compared to a place like Blockbuster) and Razor quickly became one of my favorites.

I've always been a guy that appreciates over-the-top gimmicks and characters in wrestling and Razor Ramon will forever be one of the best. What was it that Scott used to say? Just oozing with machismo? Lol. Anyways - he was just so committed to the swagger of the character that it still worked when he went over to WCW and dropped the Razor Ramon name.

All that being said, I was always sad to hear about how things went downhill for him later in life but was infinitely more happy to hear that he was able to recover from some of his issues with the help of DDP.

RIP Razor.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
The shock victory of 123 kid over Razor Ramon was one of the matches I've always remembered as a youngster.

www.youtube.com

Nothing to really do with AEW(?), but still deserving of an RIP tribute.

EDIT: O wait, Ethan Page's finisher "Ego's Edge" is styled after Razor Ramon; there we go.

Yup I was floored. Melted my little brain. Felt like anything could happen at that point. I remember running to tell my dad when it happened because I was so excited.

I'm convinced that Hall never got a world title run because he was too selfless. He wanted to make a star out of Waltman and he did at his own expense.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

Are we sure Scorpio Sky isn't a babyface?

"I been through it. Mom died. Dad died. Everybody's gone. No family. Here I am, like, I'm still standing. I know they're looking down on me. I know they're proud of me." <3

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017

I'm saddened to hear of the passing of Scott Hall. I wasn't very close with Scott in his later years, but upon reflection, I can flashback to many happy and fun memories of the days when he was my friend. I think Scott carried many heavy crosses long before I ever knew him. He was a good friend to Owen long before he became Razor Ramon. Wrestling life can be so much fun, and at the same time, it can take all you have at the same time. I will always remember Scott in the better times with his cool, dry sense of humour while playing gently with my sons. We had many matches and he was a hard worker. I loved my matches with him at Royal Rumble and the first King of the Ring in 1993. I fondly look back on so many terrific matches he had with Owen, Davey Boy, Sean Waltman (123 Kid), and Shawn Michaels. We've lost so many wrestlers from my era, and this is just one more to a list that's far too long. I won't blame any one thing, but I do believe that if the days of wrestling 300 days a year had been kinder and more considerate, if we could've been home with our loved ones more, many of my old friends and brothers would still be here. I think Scott would smile to know that so many people really loved him and will truly miss him. One more wrestler. A fine machine gone too soon. My thoughts and prayer go out to his family, friends, and loved ones.

Vaskie

Oct 27, 2017
Bischoff is out of his mind. He seems to go back and forward with AEW praisining them, even doing some work and then giving the weirdest of opinions

Jan 31, 2018
Ever since TK said he won't make the same mistakes of WCW, Bischoff has been on a cruzade of saying dumb shit. The Chavo stuff is just a opinion he had (I don't agree with it and thank god Tony didn't respond to it), but this is just stupid.