• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Also, want to acknowledge again that Tony Khan has largely addressed the representation issue in AEW. We don't point out problems when they're not there anymore (or at least not as glaring), so want to give some credit where it's due.

Always more work to be done. Still feels like we're a long way away from a non-white men's world champion, and gotta keep working on the women's division. It's in a muuuuuch better place now, but still has a ways to go.

Yeah, I second this. Again, not to suggest everything is perfect (far from it, actually) but there have been significant improvements in the past few months. Gotta recognize progress when it happens.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
I woke up this morning and the moment I got out of bed I did the Jeff Hardy dance. Every time I go the use the bathroom I end up Jeff Hardy dancing. Making my lunch I was Jeff Hardy dancing. I think my body possessed by the spirit of Jeff Hardy.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Can't argue with facts!

b41a03b69b.png

The Young Bucks and The Hardyz are among the best tag teams ever. And of the two teams, Young Bucks are definitely one of them.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the replies to Regal tweets. Ppl still standing up for wwe and even needlessly tagging Meltzer. For something they hate so much they sure cant stop thinking about it

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
I woke up this morning and the moment I got out of bed I did the Jeff Hardy dance. Every time I go the use the bathroom I end up Jeff Hardy dancing. Making my lunch I was Jeff Hardy dancing. I think my body possessed by the spirit of Jeff Hardy.
I save my Jeff Hardy dancing for when my brother is being choked out.

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
That's pure class from Regal.

But it's funny he brings this up because I saw a photo on Twitter from someone who was there last night who said there was a massive live clock above the hardcsm that is not normally there for WWE shows. 😂

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017

Seems like Regal went long last night and some stuff ended up getting time cut because of it

Even if you cut his promo in half you'd be losing half of one of the best segments of the night and the pace would have still been insane.

The only promo that felt like it was too long was Wardlow's. He just had too much to say in what was essentially his first ever time talking on screen.

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA

All these pieces from the wrestlers themselves on The Players Tribune have been great reads.

Wow... Sting has always been one of my role models growing up. To see his struggles really makes me appreciate that he's still with us and enjoying his time in AEW. I have a link between Sting and my mom, because their birthdays are ten days apart (same year too). This year hits very different as she's no longer here. Strange to have a connection to a man I've never meet, who paints his face and fake fights people in spandex.

Seems like Regal went long last night and some stuff ended up getting time cut because of it

How can you hate this guy? True professional.

Damn, I feel bad seeing this. It's clearly really bothering her

I hate the sub culture of wrestling fandom that has to comment on wrestlers private lives. I understand raking someone over the coals if their a hateful bigot, but the only people who should care about Tay & Sammy's relationship is Tay & Sammy.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
I think I know which colors Scorpio Sky will use for his TNT Championship.

I think it would be better if he chose Rams colors because they won the Super Bowl.

Dec 29, 2017
Did they even mention on Dynamite that Tay is Sammy's girlfriend? My brother was confused about that. He was like "Why is she there?" He doesn't watch Sammy's vlog or pay attention to much back stage stuff. If they didn't, they should have.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Did they even mention on Dynamite that Tay is Sammy's girlfriend? My brother was confused about that. He was like "Why is she there?" He doesn't watch Sammy's vlog or pay attention to much back stage stuff. If they didn't, they should have.
RIght before Paige signed the contract on her Ass, Tony on commentary referred to her as Sammy's "Wife". I don't remember if anyone else said anything about their relationship

Oct 27, 2017

They mentioned it a few times in the commentary while she was out there with Sammy.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Samoa Joe was on KFGD and it seemed like Greg was fishing to see if Joe would say something about joining AEW. Aside from that apparently Fuego is going to be on the Kinda Funny Podcast.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Damn. I thought this opened at 10am, and I got in not long after. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, given how many people have been waiting for them to come out this way.

Yeah, TM has a "queue" that opens up like an hour before tickets actually go on sale. Its really stupid. But if you show up at the announced time its likely too late.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Looking at the replies to Regal tweets. Ppl still standing up for wwe and even needlessly tagging Meltzer. For something they hate so much they sure cant stop thinking about it

E fanboys are toxic as fuck, they spend god knows how much time fishing for replies. Fucking idiots.

Wrestlers' personal lives are none of our goddamn business, even if they choose to share *part* of it with us. More idiots trying to comment on shit they have no knowledge about.

sorry for the double post but

PLEASE 👀

GIVE IT TO ME

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Samoa Joe was on KFGD and it seemed like Greg was fishing to see if Joe would say something about joining AEW. Aside from that apparently Fuego is going to be on the Kinda Funny Podcast.
I stopped listening to Kinda Funny just before the pandemic started. Greg was a diehard WWE guy. I never checked to see if he watched AEW now. That's cool to hear.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao watching today's Wrestling Observer Live and the idea was bandied about that MJF interferes w/ Wardlow's TNT match by releasing him from his contract... and slapping him with a 90-day non-compete

Captain C

Oct 27, 2017
I think the big-brain move would be for MJF to help Wardlow win the TNT Title, then enact the clause that legally gives the belt to himself. THEN he'd fire Wardlow, and probably have Spear plus a new big man bodyguard beat him to a pulp. There we get a blood feud and a title chase all at once!

But that would require beating Scorpio in literally the next episode after winning the damn thing that was obviously made with him in mind, and I don't think he deserves that.

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
Yer I don't think Scorpio is gonna drop it next week now. They've made too big a deal about him winning it.

Defo think it's gonna be MJF/Spears shenanigans.

Toli08

Oct 27, 2017

Shocking that losers that wouldn't even dare look or say that to the person in person go on social media to spread that garbage. I can't stand social media for that reason. If you wouldn't say it to the persons face, then don't post it. I wish we could somehow get rid of that culture and it's not just Wrestling fans it's people in general.

But on a more positive side, I am still laughing at Hager running down that ramp looking like a lost Ogre and then tripping on a dead body 😂

Ivol

Dec 12, 2017
I remember Bischoff saying on his podcast a WHILE ago that a lot of people in WCW were horrible meeting their time cues but that he could always count on Regal to be on time on his segments or matches….to the exact minute. He probably felt very seriously about going longer than he had to last night.

Toli08

Oct 27, 2017
There was no reason to throw that Pac vs Yuta match in randomly. Should of given those minutes to let some segments breath or add more to it. Like the FTR segment, they fired Tully and the words fired came out of their mouths and we were in the ring for the next segment.

Oct 27, 2017
I remember Bischoff saying on his podcast a WHILE ago that a lot of people in WCW were horrible meeting their time cues but that he could always count on Regal to be on time on his segments or matches….to the exact minute. He probably felt very seriously about going longer than he had to last night.

I doubt anyone in the back was mad about him doing his promo, including Tony. Definitely just being super hard on himself.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Yer I don't think Scorpio is gonna drop it next week now. They've made too big a deal about him winning it.

Defo think it's gonna be MJF/Spears shenanigans.

Honestly, I hope they give him the proper room to show everyone what he's capable of. His booking has always felt like they've been cutting him off at the knees and he's rarely been given a fair shake outside of that promo exchange with Jericho and the tag tournament with the shoe toss. :) To me, he's got a great look, he moves well in the ring and can wrestle, and he can cut good-to-great promos.

Wouldn't hurt to bring back the "this is the worst town I've ever been in" gimmick either.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
it was incredibly endearing how nervous regal was last night, like it was his first time ever on television. he so clearly stepped out of his comfort zone and wanted nothing more than to say something important and from the heart.

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
RIght before Paige signed the contract on her Ass, Tony on commentary referred to her as Sammy's "Wife". I don't remember if anyone else said anything about their relationship

Are you sure? I thought he was making a comment about Paige because her husband had joined in the ring, as well. I was confused at first, too, until they showed him.

Toli08

Oct 27, 2017
Are you sure? I thought he was making a comment about Paige because her husband had joined in the ring, as well. I was confused at first, too, until they showed him.
Nah they mentioned Sammy and Tay being a couple multiple times while she was trying to get him to end the match after the table spot.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

Makes sense given all the blue balls booking teases around this time. I wonder what delayed plans so much.

They need to give Scorpio a run here. It's clear he's been a victim of circumstance. Time for a legit push. Just give the man a ring, a mic, and some opponents.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City

Makes sense given all the blue balls booking teases around this time. I wonder what delayed plans so much.

They need to give Scorpio a run here. It's clear he's been a victim of circumstance. Time for a legit push. Just give the man a ring, a mic, and some opponents.

I'm guessing Cody was going to lose it to Sky to set up PVZ/Scorpio vs. Brandi/Cody, but between Cody's COVID emergency, his contract status, and the reunification, this is where we landed.