• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Wow...I never knew he struggled with pills and stuff like many of the other wrestlers. Crazy he is alive and doing what he is now. Amazing story.

I can believe it since Ultimate Warrior was his best friend back when Sting started wrestling, and they trained together for years. I'm just glad Sting finally got away from that stuff.

mantis23

Oct 27, 2017
Scored some pretty nice seats for the Detroit show. I am excited to go to an AEW show where I don't have a 3-5 hour drive home immediately afterwards. Cant wait!

impiri

Oct 25, 2017
Alvarez said something about MJF coming next Wednesday right before the bell rings for the Wardlow match and grants his release….but with a 90 day non compete. Lmao imagine the HEAT!!!
That's brilliant. I hope it happens. Have Spears come out with Wardlow's stuff in a garbage bag

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
I don't want Scorpio to lose the title, but a different take on MJF and Wardlow, would be MJF playing mind games and helping Wardlow win matches with interference, instead of losing. MJF being a scorned ex gf that can't let go would be great. "I'm helping you win, you still NEED me" kinda deal

Prince Akeem

Nov 5, 2017
I don't want Scorpio to lose the title, but a different take on MJF and Wardlow, would be MJF playing mind games and helping Wardlow win matches with interference, instead of losing. MJF being a scorned ex gf that can't let go would be great. "I'm helping you win, you still NEED me" kinda deal

You're overthinking this. Some times the simple stories on wrestling are the best ones.

MJF costs Wardlow the title next week and Wardlow begins his quest for revenge/redemption.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
rjeqVTD.jpg

So which webite do we use for this code for the LA show? Ticketmaster?

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I can't find where to buy tickets for the Houston show at all. AEW Tix has it but no presale entry and Ticketmaster just doesn't have the show. Same with the Fertitta Center website. It lists the event but no presale.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
It's very good that Eddie killed the "What" chant, both in general and for Wardlow's sake.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017

If I am booking this (and I am not) - I book it in a few different ways:

1) MJF costs Wardlow the TNT title

2a) MJF wins the AEW championship.
3a) Wardlow destroys the entirety of The Pinnacle culminating in him taking the belt off of MJF.

2b) You build towards MJF/Hangman
3b) Wardlow costs him the title.

4) Feud like hell.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Man, that was a jam-packed Dynamite.

• Always a pleasure hearing Kingston on the mic but I'm not excited for Inner Circle 2.0. I like Garcia and, to a lesser extent, 2.0 but I'm not hopeful about Jericho being able to give them a big push.
  • Hangman/Dante was a fun little match that I had no idea was on the schedule. They seemed to have decent chemistry and the frantic finish seemed to highlight Dante's inexperience with him being unable to avoid what was a pretty obvious buckshot lariat. Hopefully this isn't the last time we see them in the ring together.
  • Not necessarily a fan of Adam Cole still hanging around the world title scene after his Revolution loss. Was hoping they'd shift him solely to the Elite drama but here we are. Both him and Britt seem cut from the same cloth in that they have a hard time admitting when they lose cleanly or how often they have to cheat to win. He's starting to get some go-away heat form me.
  • I liked the Mox/Danielson vs. Workhorsemen match a lot. JD Drake has grown on me quite a bit and Anthony Henry had a moment or two of innovation. Mostly, though, this was about the brutality of Mox and Danielson and they delivered. Great first showing for them as a team.
  • The William Regal promo had me grinning from ear to ear for almost the entire time. It's great to have him in AEW!
  • Pac/Yuta was a nice bonus match. I really do like that we're getting more and more of Yuta across all programs (televised and on YouTube) and he's continually getting better. I would imagine he'll be a major player down the road.
  • FTR promo went so quick I almost missed it. They fired Tully? Curious to see where this goes since there was almost no build to it.
  • AHFO meeting - I mean, I can see how it was exciting for a lot of folks but I'm not a huge Matt Hardy fan and was not really looking forward to Jeff showing up. So, this gets a bit of a "meh" from me.
  • Wardlow seems pretty comfortable on the mic, which was nice to see.
  • JE v Acclaimed was really enjoyable and I thought the booking was on-point to make JE seem like they could lose. The Acclaimed looked really good here and I actually felt like Bowens didn't have to carry them like usual... Caster seems to be improving (IMO). This hasn't been an all-time great tag title run but I would say that JE's run has been pretty good and it's because they're consistently having entertaining matches like this.
  • Leila/Rosa was good but something is just seeming off to me about Rosa these days. Can't put my finger on it. The superplex attempt seemed very awkward but glad they still pulled it off. Hopefully, we continue to see Leila. She makes a good heel and is really solid in the ring.
  • I always get worked by Sammy's injuries! I sat with my jaw open for a good few minutes when Scorpio won - did not expect that. I would've liked to see Sammy last a bit longer as champ - sure, his first run wasn't great but I think he's a much better second run as champ and there were more good matches to be had. We'll see what Scorpio does with it.
  • I don't know much about PVZ but she seemed good on the mic during the Inner Circle/ATT feud. Curious to see her in the ring.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Ok - I have to say - AEWs ticket prices are insanely stupid. Ringside tickets for the show in San Antonio are 1,200 dollars each.

Its not a PPV. Its a fucking Wed night show. If they can get it good for them, but to me those are PPV prices. 2 years ago I was buying ringside seats for 150 bucks a pop.

I think its the fucking "platinum tickets" that dynamically fluctuate in price shit that TM pulls that is causing it, but its fucking stupid and needs to stop.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Dave Meltzer noted on today's Wrestling Observer Radio that Revolution did between 146,000-170,000 PPV buys.

This is an estimate after getting the streaming numbers from Bleacher Report and FITE in addition to some buys from traditional cable providers.

Last year's Revolution did 135,000 buys, according to WrestleNomics.

Last September's All Out was the biggest PPV event in AEW history with 205,000 buys.
Think they should be happy with that considering the lacklustre builds for a fair chunk of the big matches.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile

Yes! I fucking love how many guys we've seen crying in the past few days. Punk in the media stuff, Kingston, Regal. People who you know are tough as hell letting their emotions out is something many of us needed to see growing up. Fuck that "you gotta look tough, pal!". Give me real people feeling real stuff.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Ok - I have to say - AEWs ticket prices are insanely stupid. Ringside tickets for the show in San Antonio are 1,200 dollars each.

Its not a PPV. Its a fucking Wed night show. If they can get it good for them, but to me those are PPV prices. 2 years ago I was buying ringside seats for 150 bucks a pop.

I think its the fucking "platinum tickets" that dynamically fluctuate in price shit that TM pulls that is causing it, but its fucking stupid and needs to stop.
That's exactly what it is.

I got my tickets for front Row in Boston next month for around $500 each. The seats next to those (which are more towards the corner post than ours) were $1200 each last I looked. The person sat next to us on the other side, is a friend (randomly, we didn't coordinate) and they spent something like $800 or so.

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017

Yeah it sucks that these ticket companies fuck with the prices like that. Shit like that should be banned.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
That's exactly what it is.

I got my tickets for front Row in Boston next month for around $500 each. The seats next to those (which are more towards the corner post than ours) were $1200 each last I looked. The person sat next to us on the other side, is a friend (randomly, we didn't coordinate) and they spent something like $800 or so.

I mean, there is a solution to the problem. For the Dallas and Houston shows the tickets are through the venue only. TK could just cut TM out of the entire thing, but I am guessing AEW gets a cut of the platinum pricing.

Nov 5, 2017
If I am booking this (and I am not) - I book it in a few different ways:

1) MJF costs Wardlow the TNT title

2a) MJF wins the AEW championship.
3a) Wardlow destroys the entirety of The Pinnacle culminating in him taking the belt off of MJF.

2b) You build towards MJF/Hangman
3b) Wardlow costs him the title.

4) Feud like hell.
From Wardlow's promo, the way I understood it, he wants to be released from his contract and they go their separate ways. Obviously, MJF won't respond kindly, costing Wardlow next week. That plus they congratulated Sky on becoming the first person to hold both the TNT and Tag Team titles. I highly doubt, after that, have him drop it a week later.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Storyline where someone is held prisoner by their contract and just wants to be free of it

Ha

Ha

Ha

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Also, want to acknowledge again that Tony Khan has largely addressed the representation issue in AEW. We don't point out problems when they're not there anymore (or at least not as glaring), so want to give some credit where it's due.

Always more work to be done. Still feels like we're a long way away from a non-white men's world champion, and gotta keep working on the women's division. It's in a muuuuuch better place now, but still has a ways to go.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017

All these pieces from the wrestlers themselves on The Players Tribune have been great reads.

This was a sensational read and continues the high quality of these Player's Tribune articles covering AEW/wrestling.

Sting is probably my favorite wrestler ever, mainly because of his late 90's run in WCW. I always knew Sting went through a period of struggles but I had no idea it completely coincided with the NWO stuff. Definitely puts a different spin on everything. So glad that he came through it though and is such a prolific player in AEW now as well as helping the next generation of wrestlers.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017

Are these prices right after the pre-sale begin? Because for the 3 events I've been to (FftF 2021, Rampage and Revolution) *at least during the pre-sale* the prices were less than $150 for ringside tickets. Hell, I just paid 400 and change for 2 lower side sections for the whole Revolution extravaganza, and it wasn't a combo ticket. The reseller prices ARE insane as fuck, so for my next event (hopefully Grand Slam) is either get them tickets on the presale or don't even bother.

*this is my experience, and I'm not saying it's necessarily yours.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Are these prices right after the pre-sale begin? Because for the 3 events I've been to (FftF 2021, Rampage and Revolution) *at least during the pre-sale* the prices were less than $150 for ringside tickets. Hell, I just paid 400 and change for 2 lower side sections for the whole Revolution extravaganza, and it wasn't a combo ticket. The reseller prices ARE insane as fuck, so for my next event (hopefully Grand Slam) is either get them tickets on the presale or don't even bother.

*this is my experience, and I'm not saying it's necessarily yours.

These are not resale tickets. These are tickets whose prices fluctuate based on "demand" - though a block of 8 front row seats have been on sale for 2 weeks at 1200 dollars, so I think the prices only fluctuate in one direction.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I've never tried to buy tickets for this before, but I was going to try and get some ringside seats for the LA show because this is a one-time only thing for me. Looks like everything is unavailable on my end. Do they open up sections periodically or have I missed out?

The floor section usually is completely gone in the first hour. You can come back as people will have tickets in their cart that they abandon so you can sometimes get better seats if you are patient.

opus

Oct 25, 2017
The floor section usually is completely gone in the first hour. You can come back as people will have tickets in their cart that they abandon so you can sometimes get better seats if you are patient.

Damn. I thought this opened at 10am, and I got in not long after. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, given how many people have been waiting for them to come out this way.