• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Don't know how reliable they are but there has to at least be some truth to this, given how quickly it did seem to come together.

ROH executives reportedly expect the deal with AEW President Tony Khan to close around the first week of April, if not sooner, according to a new report from SEScoops.

It was noted how there is a feeling that the deal went "in reverse" and "backwards" because it came together so quickly, and now a lot of the details are being hammered out. ROH employees were reportedly told that the company doesn't get the impression that the "new regime" is interested in hiring them after the sale goes through, which means many will be out of work.

Staff has been encouraged to explore new career opportunities, including speaking with Sinclair Broadcasting's HR department about being transferred elsewhere in the company. Severance packages were being considered, but nothing is official.

The HonorClub streaming service is also said to be in limbo. ROH officials have a call scheduled with AEW to review the technical setup behind the platform and to determine if that asset will be included with the acquisition. Khan recently noted in an interview that it was too early to say what will happen to HonorClub.

It was also said that the general message to ROH staff has been described as, "We're fighting for you and exploring how to help everyone. If you want to stay in the wrestling business, we're doing our best, but there is no formal transition planned and no guarantee that anybody will stay on."

On a related note, SEScoops is reporting that planning for the Supercard of Honor XV event is in disarray. The show is scheduled for Friday, April 1 from the Curtis Culwell Center in Garland, TX, marking ROH's first live event since Final Battle in December. Word now is that ROH is way behind on preparations for the show, including the final card, booking, travel arrangements, and other logistics.

Earlier this week, a top ROH employee reportedly told staff, "One way or another, Supercard is happening, as of today.. Supercard is moving forward."

Khan's team reportedly wants to produce Supercard of Honor and use their own production resources that they feel comfortable with. AEW has used the venue before and they know what they're doing. AEW also wants to handle the talent booking, but they are being respectful of what's already in place. The dynamic was described as, "The AEW team wants things to go smoothly, but done their way."

While ROH is advertising a title defense by ROH World Tag Team Champions The Briscoes for Supercard of Honor, word now is that they are not locked in just yet. The Briscoes are scheduled to wrestle Impact World Tag Team Champions The Good Brothers at Impact's Multiverse of Matches show later that night. ROH had talked about The Briscoes possibly wrestling AAA World Tag Team Champions FTR at Supercard of Honor, but nothing is official.

We've noted how ROH has plans to debut a new logo and set during Supercard of Honor weekend. Word now is that they had a total rebranding in the works that would represent the company's new chapter after Supercard of Honor. Digital assets were created with the new look, as well as video packages, new ring skirts, turnbuckle pads, but now there's a chance that the new logo will never be revealed.

AEW wants to use the current ROH logo at Supercard of Honor to represent the end of this era before they completely take over with their own rebranding. As a result, ROH has two sets of marketing materials – the current logo and the new logo, but they are expecting to use the current logo.

Regarding the future of the weekly ROH TV show, the company has TV produced through April 16, and those shows will air even if Khan's deal to purchase the company is finalized before then.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
As far as we know Wardlow is still contracted to MJF, so it makes more sense to me to have Wardlow win the title and then have MJF and the Pinnacle beat the shit out of him and take it from him immediately afterwards after he chooses not to relinquish it. MJF fires him and Wardlow takes a week or two off with MJF thinking Wardlow is now out of his life.

MJF is always trying to take the easy road to victory, so that should apply to his first actual championship win too.

Wardlow then returns now ALL ELITE and runs through the Pinnacle on his way to MJF.

I like this idea.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
They put all his best promos on Dark its really annoying

Probably my biggest complaint is the absolute gold that lives on Dark and Elevation that's never given any TV time.

If I had the book, I'd have Scorpio beat Sammy, Wardlow lose to Sky via Pinnacle BS. As others have said it'll give some legitimacy to the MOTY and with PVZ signing it puts more eyes on that faction.

The cool thing is there's a good story to tell with either direction. I'll admit Sky winning and retaining vs Wardlow isn't the most interesting story they can tell with the pieces set up as they are but I'm a big Scorpio Sky fan. I like the idea of "The Face of the Revolution 2021 vs 2022" match so I do think Sky wins tonight.

E: To go back to the TV season metaphor I keep thinking of AEW in this season's Main character is MJF. Hangman and the Dark Order had most of last "season" so the muted focus on Hangman's reign makes sense from that perspective. Wardlow is the obvious foil to MJF with Cody gone and the Punk feud "done" so anything to elevate Wardlow makes sense with the story they're telling. I'm just still going to bat for Scorpio because he's really good and more people need to see it.

Last edited:

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Anyone else think Kip's just been chilling in the front row of every show because he's waiting for Miro to return?

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else think Kip's just been chilling in the front row of every show because he's waiting for Miro to return?
Yes, Pretty sure when Miro returns he's gonna get jumped by Kip with some kind of weapon. Keeps Miro out of the title picture for a bit and gives him some babyface energy to work with on his return.

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
Has there been a chicken-shit heel TNT champ yet? Scorpio with Page and Lambert could probably do a good job of being the first

mantis23

Oct 27, 2017
As far as we know Wardlow is still contracted to MJF, so it makes more sense to me to have Wardlow win the title and then have MJF and the Pinnacle beat the shit out of him and take it from him immediately afterwards after he chooses not to relinquish it. MJF fires him and Wardlow takes a week or two off with MJF thinking Wardlow is now out of his life.

MJF is always trying to take the easy road to victory, so that should apply to his first actual championship win too.

Wardlow then returns now ALL ELITE and runs through the Pinnacle on his way to MJF.

I really like this idea. I would suggest keeping Wardlow out a little longer so they could stretch this out to a climax at DoN instead of a named Dynamite. Otherwise its perfect booking.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
0dc40ee6461480c9ef2d3ea361245005.png

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Heck yeah Miro!

Scorpio has been a much better heel than he was a face. The whole "kick down the door" thing was a big ol bag of meh, imo.

Edit: Jade front and center. You love to see it.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Ok I NEED Miro to have a PPV world championship match where they have a live rendition of his entrance theme with a full orchestra. That would be such an awesome sight!

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Wait, will Mox and Danielson get their own tag team theme? Will they get a tag team NAME?! I'm ready for The Blood Brothers/Violence Brigade/Sons of Violence/Regal Brawlers/Lords of Violence/😃.

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
I think he's Sammy's next feud after Sammy loses the TNT title, He's tweeted about being the forgotten pillar and of the 4 pillars he has the most history with Sammy

That makes sense, Sammy v Kip was the first ever AEW match. What's happening with Kip is odd atm as most know he's the one with the box head, so when it's revealed to be him it won't really be that much of a surprise.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

Jade on Cody
"After my Shaq match, I feel like a lot of people kind of went off their ways. He was one of the people that checked up on me and my mental and to make sure I was OK and to help me understand the business," Cargill said. "Understand [that] the business found me. I didn't find the business. I was just thrown into it and he understood that. There were other people, I'm not casting them out, but he was one of the people that texted me daily about my mental. In this sport, mental is very important. He'd check if I was getting what I needed. If I was getting the training that I needed, if I was able to speak and have the voice that I wanted.

"Cody is one of the people that's for the people. For the people that can't speak up. I'm the type of person that doesn't complain. I just roll with the punches. I just go with the flow. That's me and I like taking on challenges. He's a great person. He's a great individual. He was very much in my corner. He's a great guy. He's a phenomenal father. He stepped into new shoes. He's a phenomenal father. He's a phenomenal person in general, and he was one of the people that went to bat for me, for a lot of things."

-Says that if she were in a faction, she would like to be in MJF's faction. Jade in The Pinnacle to take over Wardlow's spot? Works for me.
-Mentions that Danielson said it took him around 7 years to feel comfortable in his skin as a wrestler, and that she's only in her first year.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
NY
There has to be a reason Sammy still has both belts so I see him losing tonight and then Wardlow winning next week possibly giving one of the belts to Max before a unification at Double or Nothing.

Luschient

Oct 30, 2017
Hmm, Jade name dropping Anna in her promo, saying she's next. She already beat her recently so curious where they might go with this.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Hmm, Jade name dropping Anna in her promo, saying she's next. She already beat her recently so curious where they might go with this.

Yeah, that was interesting! For those who missed Road To, Jade said she saw what Anna did with the chair and that Anna's next. They probably figure that since they've already had one good match, they can get another one out of them. I'm up for it, though I'd prefer a brand new challenger.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

I laughed when I saw that graphic and read "Emergency Board Meeting." LOL I love pro wrestling. So ridiculously and absurdly awesome. Gonna call my friends and tell them to tune in for this Emergency Board Meeting! Can't-miss stuff! Will Butcher and Blade show up shirtless?! This is serious business! Right up there with "Eddie Kingston Addresses His Enemies" and "Inner Circle/Pinnacle Parlay."

Really, this whole thing pops me, and the way AEW words some of these segments is tremendous with how self-serious they are while at the same time being pulpy and so completely pro wrestling.

Last edited:

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
At least one of the few announced matches is a women's match and they've been putting a decent amount of effort into hyping it. Makes a nice change.
It's been slow to happen but women have been on AEW shows more as of late. Including the Buy-In there were 3 women's matches at Revolution. It wasn't that long ago where barely one women's match would make a PPV card let alone 2 and one on the Buy-In. Could be better still for sure but it's progress.
Don't know how reliable they are but there has to at least be some truth to this, given how quickly it did seem to come together.
Seems pretty plausible. I wonder if maybe the long term plan for ROH is for it to be AEW's NXT but occasionally we get these Supercard shows that are like these forbidden door shows that feature talent from AEW, Impact, NJPW, etc? Just running ROH like normal really doesn't make sense for me for all of the reasons Meltzer has spelled out recently. Whatever anyone thinks of him I think he's pretty on the money with that approach being a mistake.

It's funny cause in the media scrum TK commented on the NXT idea for ROH by asking the press which version of NXT they liked better and the crowd said 1.0. TK nodded in agreement then he asked them which he thought was better for WWE in getting the talent they want and the press responded with 2.0. Then TK basically agreed and moved on without elaborating on his point. lol. So I don't think he has a fucking clue what he's gonna do with ROH.

What a bizarre image. Cool though.