• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

Heck of an exciting day.

-Ethan Page about to drop some "career news" in the next few minutes
-Tony Khan doing the media call at 1pm EST
-Dynamite and TK making his big announcement there

Here's a link to the Ethan Page announcement: (I have no clue is he's trolling or if this is actually something.)

EDIT: The announcement is that Ethan Page is officially moving to the United States as of April 1st. No more traveling back and forth between the US and Canada. Is looking forward to the reduced travel stress. Is grateful to AEW for making this a reality.

Last edited:

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Most people didn't believe me when I said FTR vs. The Briscoes probably wouldn't be done until ROH Supercard of Honor in April, but now it seems more and more likely by the day. They've had plenty of opportunities to do the match in either GCW or AEW over the past few months, but they've held off on it. Feeling quite confident it's going to happen on April 1st. The card already includes:

Jonathan Gresham vs. Bandido (OG ROH title vs. current ROH title)
Sw3rve vs. Alex Zayne

Advertised:
Ninja Mack
Joe Hendry
Denise Salcedo (guest host)

Really curious to see how the card develops over the next month.

I have ringside seats to this so yes please.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I mean, the only times TK has ever come onto TV was"

1) Brodie Lee memorial show.
2) On youtube once in a Kenny bit.

Given that 1 was on live TV - I have to assume whatever this is is big big. LIke bought RoH or new TV deal - like Revolution is Free this Sunday on HBO Max or some shit. NJPW partnership (purchased part of the company) - bought NOAH.

If he didn't come out for punk, the TNT title or the TBS title its not going to be a new belt.

What Im trying to say is - Christian Cage 2.0 tonight boys.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the only times TK has ever come onto TV was"

1) Brodie Lee memorial show.
2) On youtube once in a Kenny bit.

Given that 1 was on live TV - I have to assume whatever this is is big big. LIke bought RoH or new TV deal - like Revolution is Free this Sunday on HBO Max or some shit. NJPW partnership (purchased part of the company) - bought NOAH.

If he didn't come out for punk, the TNT title or the TBS title its not going to be a new belt.

What Im trying to say is - Christian Cage 2.0 tonight boys.
He's only has cameos otherwise.

The best being that time he hugged Nyla and she just kinda pushed him back like "okay, okay, I got you buddy..."

Vaskie

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. It's big enough for him to actually appear. Hopefully, it lives up to the hype.

It has to be a genuinely big deal or else it wouldn't make sense for this much hype to happen.

Could it be that it's multiple announcements ?

yGbtASY.png

In case someone wants to create their own: https://myfreebingocards.com/bingo-card-generator/edit/ncyb8wg

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
It's not a talent signing, gang. It's something that will be "good for pro wrestling." My final three guesses:

1. "AEW, New Japan, Ring of Honor, and Impact Present: The Forbidden Door Supershow!"

2. "We are happy to announce that AEW has purchased Ring of Honor Wrestling!" (Potentially followed by an ROH-related angle ala the original ECW invasion in WWF...or maybe the Honor No More faction coming out, OR The Briscoes/FTR having a brawl.)

3. "You will now be able to watch AEW Dynamite, AEW Rampage, AEW Dark, and AEW Dark: Elevation on HBO Max!" (This seems like a silly thing for Tony to make an appearance on television for, though.)

Tony knows him appearing on television will pop a quarter number, and this is just him getting people talking about AEW 4 days before Revolution. Can't hate this as a promotional tactic.

It's gonna be a super show or the acquisition of ROH.

EDIT: Or maybe it's HBO Max. LOL.

Last edited:

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Rampage is going to be changing times and days?

I will jump out of my seat if AEW got the streaming deal with HBO Max and has their own hub along with airing PPVs live.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I think a major 500 million dollar+ streaming deal with HBO Max would get TK to make the announcement.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Watching the Ethan vlog, and I will never understand strangers spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on sending gifts to celebrities.

EDIT: Ethan Page is officially moving to the United States as of April 1st. Thanks AEW for allowing it to happen.

Last edited:

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
It's not a talent signing, gang. It's something that will be "good for pro wrestling." My final three guesses:

1. "AEW, New Japan, Ring of Honor, and Impact Present: The Forbidden Door Supershow!"

2. "We are happy to announce that AEW has purchased Ring of Honor Wrestling!" (Potentially followed by an ROH-related angle ala the original ECW invasion in WWF...or maybe the Honor No More faction coming out, OR The Briscoes/FTR having a brawl.)

3. "You will now be able to watch AEW Dynamite, AEW Rampage, AEW Dark, and AEW Dark: Elevation on HBO Max!" (This seems like a silly thing for Tony to make an appearance on television for, though.)

Tony knows him appearing on television will pop a quarter number, and this is just him getting people talking about AEW 4 days before Revolution. Can't hate this as a promotional tactic.

It's gonna be a super show or the acquisition of ROH.
I'm hoping for all 3!

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Everyone in my house covid but me.

Everyone.

First positive was over a week ago. Two more on Friday. My wife this morning. I've had five negative tests in the last week, including this morning.

I still feel 100%. I'm fully vaxxed. Masking (like, SLEPT with an N95 mask on last night masking). Being really conscious of what I touch, etc etc. It may just be a matter of time now... but unless I take a very rapid turn for the worse tomorrow I should have seen everyone else through the worst of it.

Which is all to say, I may not be watching Dynamite live tonight, despite really wanting to. I really wanted to watch Dark last night, but with all the cooking and cleaning, and looking after the cats and everyone, etc, well, I didn't stop from getting home to going to bed. Tonight is looking like a similar tale. Have to get to the grocery, get some mail to an immunocompromised friend who has packages delivered to our address, to the pharmacy for more tests, to the grocery store, then cook, and clean up after dinner, then I have to sanitize the upstairs bathroom cause it's the only room left in the house that I feel safe sleeping in at this point etc. I don't think I'll be getting that all done before 8pm.

So think of your old pal plagiarize, as you kick back and enjoy some graps and whatever the big announcement ends up being.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
It has to be a genuinely big deal or else it wouldn't make sense for this much hype to happen.

Could it be that it's multiple announcements ?

yGbtASY.png

In case someone wants to create their own: https://myfreebingocards.com/bingo-card-generator/edit/ncyb8wg
🤔

TK has acquired ROH

Welcomes out the new ROH booker, Cody

Cody announces ROH will now be on HBO Max, alongside all current AEW content, starting with Revolution.

Reality

Adam Cole is injured so Goldberg will be facing Hangman at the PPV.

HowieZowie

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 21, 2021

Everyone.

First positive was over a week ago. Two more on Friday. My wife this morning. I've had five negative tests in the last week, including this morning.

I still feel 100%. I'm fully vaxxed. Masking (like, SLEPT with an N95 mask on last night masking). Being really conscious of what I touch, etc etc. It may just be a matter of time now... but unless I take a very rapid turn for the worse tomorrow I should have seen everyone else through the worst of it.

Which is all to say, I may not be watching Dynamite live tonight, despite really wanting to. I really wanted to watch Dark last night, but with all the cooking and cleaning, and looking after the cats and everyone, etc, well, I didn't stop from getting home to going to bed. Tonight is looking like a similar tale. Have to get to the grocery, get some mail to an immunocompromised friend who has packages delivered to our address, to the pharmacy for more tests, to the grocery store, then cook, and clean up after dinner, then I have to sanitize the upstairs bathroom cause it's the only room left in the house that I feel safe sleeping in at this point etc. I don't think I'll be getting that all done before 8pm.

So think of your old pal plagiarize, as you kick back and enjoy some graps and whatever the big announcement ends up being.

Stay safe man!

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK

Everyone.

You sound just like my mom for the past two years.

None of us have caught it despite two of us being immunocompromised and I put it down to her sheer paranoia lol.

Enjoy the well earned rest and Dynamite!

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017

Everyone.

That's rough. Hang in there, dude. Hope everyone comes back healthy and you're lucky to avoid getting it yourself. Take care.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
HBO Max deal would be great. There's a few things on there I've been hoping to reup and watch but not enough to justify the sub. But AEW would justify it alone. I'd very happily not have to mess about with VPNs etc.

That's rough. Hang in there, dude. Hope everyone comes back healthy and you're lucky to avoid getting it yourself. Take care.
Everyone seems to be doing okay and heading in the right direction. Basically, visiting family got covid shortly before leaving. They should all be clear to depart on Friday at this point (a week later than planned). That'll leave just my wife and if I'm still negative, then I can hopefully clean and move into one of the spare rooms for a few nights. So only two nights sleeping in a bathtub hopefully.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
The actual tweet from Andrew Zarian

I'll go with a dark horse and say the International promotion they got the rights to is not a japanese promotion, but a Mexican one. AAA would be the most obvious choice with their relationship to AEW, and I don't think their catalog exists on a streaming service in the way that ROH or the various JPN promotions do

Vaskie

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly really, really hope it's HBO Max.

Been using it with a VPN in the UK and it works like a charm for shows and movies

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Really wonder if that International Promotion's catalog is Wrestle Universe (NOAH/DDT/TJPW). Can't see New Japan handing over their library since NJPW World also has a North American foothold on its own.

The only thing really is that Wrestle Universe isn't a big enough deal, I think, that you'd wheel TK out there. It's great if true! But it would be a bit of a let down for a lot of people.

Last edited:

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
I mean, I'm flying tonight to Orlando for Revolution weekend and here I am more excited for a freaking announcement than for the actual trip.

Screw you, TK, you madman!

Vaskie

Oct 27, 2017
Are we all assuming a deal with HBO Max would only be for the live shows and previous PPVs, or also for any PPVs in the future (meaning you can watch them live) ?

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile

Everyone.

Man, this is very rough. Stay safe.

If it helps, I've seen many cases around me of families getting covid but one or two members of the same house not getting any. The most weird one was a coworker's wife getting it, but he didn't, despite sleeping with her every night until the positive test. Vaccines helps a lot.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I thought Tony Khan was going to do a Revolution media call at 1pm EST today, but I guess not? These things are usually broadcast live on Fightful or Post Wrestling, but not today, unless I've gotten the time wrong, or no one is running it live.

EDIT: Ah...

Okay, it's starting now, but...

opus

Oct 25, 2017
An HBO MAX deal only works if it the relationship is a two-way street. Having past and future AEW content available on there would be nice, but not if it's buried three levels deep in some random submenu (the way they used to treat sports content-it used to be a complete afterthought).

Say what you want about WWE and Peacock, but NBC just spent the last month putting Wrestlemania on the same level as the Super Bowl and the Olympics in their promos. I hope that if a deal with MAX is coming, that AEW gets that same treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.