• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
TK needs to stop screwing around and introduce trios titles. They have so many groups, and it would help bring some focus to these storylines

Luschient

Oct 30, 2017
Was howling at Bobby Fish and his constant yelling back at Page during his promo. That should be his gimmick moving forward, just the dude who always has to get the last word.

I also love Alex A. but he looked corny as hell last night 😂

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Gonna be really interested to see how they build to DoN. With all the talent they have, plus at least four or five (?) more new people coming between now and then, AND maybe a returning Kenny, I don't envy Tony having to balance all of this.

The top programs are mostly hitting right now, especially Mox/Danielson, Punk/MJF, and Jericho/Kingston, but there is a lack of focus in the mid-card, and, unlike last week, I did feel the lack of Cody on last night's show.

I'm also ready to say the HoB just isn't working because of the aforementioned lack of focus. They need a mission statement beyond "We want to give the audience the chaos and violence they crave" or whatever it is.

P A Z Your thoughts and feelings about last night's show mirror around 95% of my own. What did you think of the Hangman promo?

Last edited:

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
We are getting to the point with the amount of talent available TK is gonna have to start actually booking Elevation or Dark with storylines to bring more focus to the wider roster.

3 hours of TV really isn't enough anymore.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Was howling at Bobby Fish and his constant yelling back at Page during his promo. That should be his gimmick moving forward, just the dude who always has to get the last word.

I also love Alex A. but he looked corny as hell last night 😂
He has been like that ever since they started using him with the elite.l and it's quite annoying lol. He seems to not have a great grasp of when to speak and when not to and always seems to be distracting from someone else as he just keeps going on lol.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
We are getting to the point with the amount of talent available TK is gonna have to start actually booking Elevation or Dark with storylines to bring more focus to the wider roster.

Or reducing the ammount of people. I know it sucks, but the sheer ammount of people involved makes it harder for newcomers to care about several of them. The mid and upper card is already packed.

I imagine with contract renewals Tony is already looking at this issue

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed last night.
The promos/angles were definitely the focus and the in-ring stuff took a backseat.
Only things I didn't really care for was Allie getting the jobber entrance. She sold her ass off for Jade and in the post match. She's great at her role and I think she deserves better. Jericho doing the whole "babyface" schtick was lame but Eddie's "What's that?" retort won me over. Eddie's the best and I really hope he gets a title at some point. It'd be poetic if Eddie won the TNT title. 10 losing to Starks was a bummer purely from the ladder match not being all big men, long term it's probably the right call though it'll be interesting to see how Starks and Hobbs work together in there. Also it probably means Ricky's neck is as close to 100% as it's going to get.

Everything else was great for me. MJF's promo being the highlight of the night, Tag Royale was delightful chaos. Death Triangle vs Kings of the Black Throne was stuck in first gear but the post match brought it back for me. Matthews acting like a rabid animal with Malakai directing the violence was awesome. Buddy's look is terrifying. Dude is jacked like I've never seen.

Hardy losing control of the AHFO slowly while Andrade pumps up Private Party hopefully leads to a PP vs Hardy Boyz match.
Garcia vs Danielson continued the "Brian lets his young lion get a lot of stuff in before he decides to end it" story. I do think Moriarty had the better showing vs Danielson but it also looked like Garcia was holding back. Post match was awesome. Mox vs Danielson is gonna slap

Not a killer episode but nothing was terrible things ranged from meh to incredible.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be really interested to see how they build to DoN. With all the talent they have, plus at least four or five (?) more new people coming between now and then, AND maybe a returning Kenny, I don't envy Tony having to balance all of this.

The top programs are mostly hitting right now, especially Mox/Danielson, Punk/MJF, and Jericho/Kingston, but there is a lack of focus in the mid-card, and, unlike last week, I did feel the lack of Cody on last night's show.

I'm also ready to say the HoB just isn't working because of the aforementioned lack of focus. They need a mission statement beyond "We want to give the audience the chaos and violence they crave" or whatever it is.

P A Z Your thoughts and feelings about last night's show mirror around 95% of my own. What did you think of the Hangman promo?
Really? If Cody was still in AEW, he'd be part of that random ass six man tag announced for the PPV (it would instead be a 4 on 4 with Cody and Quen being added).

I guess I just don't get it. Cody went away a couple of times to film the Go Bog Show, and I never felt a lack of Cody on any AEW show because I never missed him.

I mean look at what he did on AEW PPV cards last year:

Full Gear: A random nothing built (get some names on the card) tag match with PAC against Black and Andrade. This match lost the crowd and did nothing for any of them
All Out: Considered one of the best PPV's of all time, and he wasn't on the card
Double or Nothing: The feud finale with Oggogo. A horrendously built feud and a nothing match
Revolution: Lost the face of the revolution Sonic Ring ladder match to Scorpio Sky. A match people likely only remember because of the ring

I mean these are his PPV matches/builds for the last year, and this is what you feel is "missing"? Don't get be wrong, the Sammy ladder match and the Dustin match were incredible, but that's two matches over several years. The majority of the rest of his stuff was either uninteresting or just there. This isn't like current Roman Reigns or Cena before him where those guys were all over those shows, in main event after main event and segment after segment. There is no Cody sized hole on these shows, more often than not he wasn't on or wasn't doing anything all that interesting

Last edited:

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK

Purely for entertainment I enjoyed it more than last weeks segment between the two. Did it make me want to see the match more? No. I know the match will be great regardless but this didn't really do anything to make me wanna see it more.

Long rant about my feelings on Adam Cole, his booking and the world title program.

When people first started talking about Cole coming to AEW, I said that AEW isn't NXT and he won't stand out as much in AEW because the standards and talent level are higher in AEW than NXT. In NXT he was a big fish in a small pond, in AEW I thought he would be closer to just been another guy on the roster. He won't be the AEW World champion but he'll be a guy that will make TK's handpicked guy of the time look great because Cole is a fantastic in-ring guy and a solid promo.

And this is where it ties together, while some people think Cole is AEW world champion material, I think TK feels like I do about Cole and that's what we're seeing with how this Hangman program has played out. Its been haphazardly thrown together, it feels rushed, left way too late to feel like a natural coming together, there's no real story behind it other than they knew each other back in the day, there's no real heat to it, they're repeating stuff done before like beating Dark Order guys.

Does Cole feel like a PPV challenger?

He feels like another TV challenger to me, a momentary distraction before the next real challenge which I'm guessing is Punk @ Double or Nothing.

Listen…..putting on constantly great matches is one thing but Cole has not been treated like a big threat. The man has had to cheat like 4x to beat Orange Cassidy. Orange Cassidy. Contrary to what others think, I don't think the Light's Out loss hurt Cole that much, he was already struggling to beat a midcarder for weeks on end before that, so why would I suddenly buy he can beat a guy that beat Omega and is unbeaten against Danielson.

Just because I don't think as much of Cole as others though, doesn't excuse this world title program, even if TK feels Cole isn't all that, he has lots of fans that think he is and he should be booked that way for them. For me he hasn't been and if the challenger is presented no good then it does nothing for the champion.

Final thoughts….Britt Baker vs Thunder Rosa should main event Revolution.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
+ Eddie asking why they're doing sports entertainment shit when this is a wrestling show and you could be doing Statlander vs Willow Nightingale.
This moment really spoke to me. I absolutely would've traded some of the promo/sports entertainment stuff tonight for a Stat/Willow match.

Listen, I'm just bitter that they hinted at Julia Black Hart and they haven't delivered on it.
I just don't get what they're doing with it. They've kind of just relegated that story to Dark/Elevation but it's moving at a snail's pace. Is she going to have the eye patch forever or is there some evolution/progression coming? We're waiting, TK...

They absolutely need to be putting more effort into Dark/Elevation. They occasionally have storylines (like Janela/Kiss) and, lately, they're having more promos but it isn't enough. They need to lengthen the shows a bit (get to 3 hours total between Dark and Elevation) and reduce the amount of squashes of new talent.

Long rant about my feelings on Adam Cole, his booking and the world title program.

Final thoughts….Britt Baker vs Thunder Rosa should main event Revolution.[/ISPOILER]
100% agree about Cole. He's flopped pretty hard for me since joining AEW because he's just booked in such a weird fashion. I don't take him seriously. I view him more of a jokester (via BTE and the AEW Gaming channel) and not someone that actually is a match for Hangman.

Also, completely agree about Britt/Rosa being the main event. I'm infinitely more interested in that match than Hangman/Cole.

Luschient

Oct 30, 2017
With Cole it feels like everything they had planned for him got scrapped due to Kenny needing much-deserved time off for injuries and surgery. After he loses to Page at the ppv I would expect some recalibration for his character.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Honestly, just for build up, Punk vs MJF should be the main event. But I know AEW, and those guys too, prefer the old school title main event. So it really should be Britt and Rosa. It's a year long in the making match.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Both title matches feel meaningless to me, which is a shame in particular because Britt/Rosa has been so long in the making and deserves to feel HUGE. I'm way more invested in the Kingston and Punk matches.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Don't think it's controversial to say that every title program going into Revolution feels below Mox/Danielson, Punk/MJF, and Kingston/Jericho. I'm still happy we have 3 incredibly hot matches going into the show right now, and it's not to say that Rosa vs. Britt and Hangman vs. Cole won't get there. They've got 3 TV episodes to make it happen.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of build, I'm most hype for Rosa vs Britt because you know they're going to beat the holy hell out of each other.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
So I was just browsing the Apple TV Canada store looking for Joe Pera season 3, and randomly decided to browse the "non fiction TV" category and was a bit shocked to see they have about 7 AEW collections for sale. Wanted to share in case they were of interest to anyone, half tempted to check one of these out myself.

AEW: The Beginning - Change the Universe (Dynamite 10/2/19, 10/23/19 & 11/20/19)

AEW: The Beginning- All Elite (Dynamite Homecoming Jan 1 2020, Bash at the Beach 2020 & Jericho Cruise 2020)

AEW: Best of the TNT Championship (Dynamites 44, 53 & 68)

AEW: Blood & Guts (episodes 50, 77 & 84)

AEW: Special Guests (Dynamite 67 & 81)

AEW: Summer of 2020 (Fyter Fest Night 1 & 2 + Fight for the Fallen)

AEW: Women of AEW (Dynamite 19, 57 & 82)

Each collection appears to be around $7.99 CAD for the 3 episodes.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Btw, good sign idea or bad sign idea?

HOOK FEARS CARBS

Figure it's more complimentary than anything. Have to ask because I've been disappointed in the amount of outright crappy or low effort signs. That "Bullshit Club > Bullet Club" sign last night got a visceral reaction from me for how unfunny, lazy, and detrimental to the show's presentation it was. You're not adding anything to the show, so leave that garbage at home.

I know we've talked about the increase in asshole fans at these shows, and that's probably bound to happen with an increase in popularity, but it's still annoying to see.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Don't think it's controversial to say that every title program going into Revolution feels below Mox/Danielson, Punk/MJF, and Kingston/Jericho. I'm still happy we have 3 incredibly hot matches going into the show right now, and it's not to say that Rosa vs. Britt and Hangman vs. Cole won't get there. They've got 3 TV episodes to make it happen.
I think Britt vs. Rosa is gonna be there come PPV time, contract signing allows for Britt to shine on the mic, bring up their past, Rosa mic time, a big old fight and Rosa taking out Britt's backup. You can do a lot with it if you want to.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, good sign idea or bad sign idea?

HOOK FEARS CARBS

Figure it's more complimentary than anything. Have to ask because I've been disappointed in the amount of outright crappy or low effort signs. That "Bullshit Club > Bullet Club" sign last night got a visceral reaction from me for how unfunny, lazy, and detrimental to the show's presentation it was. You're not adding anything to the show, so leave that garbage at home.

I know we've talked about the increase in asshole fans at these shows, and that's probably bound to happen with an increase in popularity, but it's still annoying to see.
Hook always has his hand in a bag of chips. Carbs fear him.

Nov 23, 2017
Secured my AEW Pittsburgh tickets today. I've gone to all 3 of the AEW PIT shows so far and looks like I'm going to the 4th one too.

Speaking of Pittsburgh, I really hope they amp up this Baker vs Rosa feud. I think they waited too long to get this going.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I think Britt vs. Rosa is gonna be there come PPV time, contract signing allows for Britt to shine on the mic, bring up their past, Rosa mic time, a big old fight and Rosa taking out Britt's backup. You can do a lot with it if you want to.
Yeah - and honestly, the entire story so far here has been Britt completely avoiding Rosa for her whole reign. Have some good promos & a brawl on Rampage. Have Britt/Jamie vs. Rosa/Mercedes on Dynamite next week. They have plenty of history, they can heat this feud RIGHT up.

Descendant

Nov 2, 2017
So I am predicting/hoping that after MJF takes the belt from Hangman, that Eddie Kingston is the guy who takes it from MJF.

I think it would make the most sense, from a storyline perspective. Eddie has went up against nearly every top guy in the company except for Omega, Hangman, and MJF.

Eddie has measured up to Mox twice, faced and beat The Young Bucks, fueded with Punk, Miro, Bryan, and now Jericho. Hell his debut match was against Cody.

Eddie and MJF promos would also be insane for each other.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Purely for entertainment I enjoyed it more than last weeks segment between the two. Did it make me want to see the match more? No. I know the match will be great regardless but this didn't really do anything to make me wanna see it more.

When people first started talking about Cole coming to AEW, I said that AEW isn't NXT and he won't stand out as much in AEW because the standards and talent level are higher in AEW than NXT. In NXT he was a big fish in a small pond, in AEW I thought he would be closer to just been another guy on the roster. He won't be the AEW World champion but he'll be a guy that will make TK's handpicked guy of the time look great because Cole is a fantastic in-ring guy and a solid promo.

And this is where it ties together, while some people think Cole is AEW world champion material, I think TK feels like I do about Cole and that's what we're seeing with how this Hangman program has played out. Its been haphazardly thrown together, it feels rushed, left way too late to feel like a natural coming together, there's no real story behind it other than they knew each other back in the day, there's no real heat to it, they're repeating stuff done before like beating Dark Order guys.

Does Cole feel like a PPV challenger?

He feels like another TV challenger to me, a momentary distraction before the next real challenge which I'm guessing is Punk @ Double or Nothing.

Listen…..putting on constantly great matches is one thing but Cole has not been treated like a big threat. The man has had to cheat like 4x to beat Orange Cassidy. Orange Cassidy. Contrary to what others think, I don't think the Light's Out loss hurt Cole that much, he was already struggling to beat a midcarder for weeks on end before that, so why would I suddenly buy he can beat a guy that beat Omega and is unbeaten against Danielson.

Just because I don't think as much of Cole as others though, doesn't excuse this world title program, even if TK feels Cole isn't all that, he has lots of fans that think he is and he should be booked that way for them. For me he hasn't been and if the challenger is presented no good then it does nothing for the champion.

Final thoughts….Britt Baker vs Thunder Rosa should main event Revolution.

I think this has been a problem with Hangman Page's title run. CM Punk vs MJF and Danielson and Mox storylines are far more interesting.
Hangman feels like an afterthought in comparison. It's that same thing that happened with Lance Archer.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Im so excited to watch revolution live next week. My friends and I are driving up and staying with some friends. There's no hardcore matches announced but I feel like every match is going to be a blood bath, especially mox and Bryan.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
FMVUh7jVkAUizbm

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
Agreed on the notion that they should be utilising Dark/Elevation for more storytelling. If TK wants to focus on the TV product (understandable) then I would be quite happy if he picked somebody else to be the Dark-only booker (sorry, Booker Oscuro).

Let the Dark regulars pitch feuds to that man or woman and start building more narratives in the lower and mid card. The upper card guys not on TV too, like Miro could come back and have a low-stakes feud with someone like Sydal. Or Penta could go to Dark to fight jobbers and snap some freaking arms already...

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
They could easily fill dark with real ass storylines and real ass full time talent every week

But do you do that now in hopes of landing a tv deal, or wait until you get a tv deal before putting dynamite/rampage talent on dark? Chicken and the egg situation.

Ivol

Dec 12, 2017
10 should've won last night and then Brian Cage as a surprise return in the ladder match at Revolution

I WANT MEAT!

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
Doesn't make much sense unless he signed a really cheap deal and TK thinks it's a good idea to hang onto him in case they get hit by a bunch of injuries in the next year.

Only other thing I can think of is he might be in the ladder match or they have some plans for him in some faction soon. Doesn't seem likely at all though since Cage seemed surprised by the contract being picked up.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Im so excited to watch revolution live next week. My friends and I are driving up and staying with some friends. There's no hardcore matches announced but I feel like every match is going to be a blood bath, especially mox and Bryan.
Dog Collar match should be very brutal.

Holy shit!

Status
Not open for further replies.