• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
This absolute fire episode of Dynamite was brought to you by the letter W, as in: "Who the fuck cares about Cody?"

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Yup that triple threat is gonna rule. But holy shit let Sammy and Darby rest up for the PPV. So happy Sammy seems ok after that senton onto the apron. Legit thought he fucked himself up there.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
well off to watch the beginning of this show, (can't wait to see some hot bryan vs lee action) but yeah seemed like a pretty seamless show

pour one out for cody now i guess

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
If Malakai Black and Andrade need to pick up their suit game to compensate for Cody then I'm all for it. This Dynamite flew by quick AF. No weak links as far as I can remember

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I'm sure the Cody shout outs were deliberate tonight. Even got Sammy teasing the Cross Rhodes. Sammy in particular must feel pretty grateful to Cody.

What a roster, though. Damn.

Great show tonight. I was worried a bit when the table didn't cooperate for Rosa and Mercedes, and when Mercedes slipped a bit doing the top rope elbow, but all in all, they held it together, and it looks like we're getting Jamie Hayter vs. Mercedes Martinez, which should be awesome.

Captain C

Oct 27, 2017
Before this show started, I was weirdly worried that the shadow of Cody leaving would bring it down, making a weird first post-Rhodes episode. Turns out, this was one of the best Dynamites ever, the builds to the PPV are amazingly done, and I'm left thinking that Cody did what he was supposed to do because it feels like AEW can now confidently say, "Cody Who?"

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
The nost fun I've had with a dynamite in a while, I wonder how much of it was booked on short notice due to the Cody situation.

Will also add that sometimes i womder why the pillars are the pillars, but then they wrestle each other and it all makes sense

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure the Cody shout outs were deliberate tonight. Even got Sammy teasing the Cross Rhodes. Sammy in particular must feel pretty grateful to Cody.

What a roster, though. Damn.

Great show tonight. I was worried a bit when the table didn't cooperate for Rosa and Mercedes, and when Mercedes slipped a bit doing the top rope elbow, but all in all, they held it together, and it looks like we're getting Jamie Hayter vs. Mercedes Martinez, which should be awesome.

I'm thinking we're getting Britt/Hayter vs Rosa/Mercedes. And unfortunately Hayter is probably eating the pin. 😔

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
All Elite Wrestling |OT9| Where We're Going We Don't Need Rhodes
200w.gif

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Easy 8/10 show for me tonight with a 10/10 first 45 minutes.

Punk/MJF and Danielson/Moxley both feel incredibly hot, and Eddie will hopefully pull something good out of Jericho next week.

A potential triple threat for the TNT title should also be incredible.

Britt vs. Rosa also getting some solid build.

Two weeks left until Revolution and they're bringing things to a boil pretty nicely.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was a fun show. Next couple of weeks are gonna be stacked I feel like

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Someone said that AE-Dub has outgrown Cody yesterday. I thought that was kind of mean spirited when I read it, but after that 🧨? Insert Cody into any segment on the show and yeah, it would be worse off. I get that they could generate a ton of buzz if this is a work, but honestly there would have to be big changes to his character for him to add anything meaningful to a card like that. Maybe it is best for all involved if he's gone.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Santana pinned Chris Jericho tonight. I wish the production team and the announcers had let that sink in a lot more before jumping backstage for the Cole/Bucks/ReDragon segment because that's a huge deal on paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.