• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Late to the party but I marked the fuck out for Keith Lee's debut. Sadly it was spoiled for me but it still didn't stop me from being so se excited to see one of my favorite wrestlers in AEW. The crowd was great, bringing back NXT chants. Not big on his entrance theme but nothing will beat the opener of his NXT theme in my eyes.

He's visibly aged since the end of his NXT career and I'm worried how much COVID (and WWE) shaved off his life. :( TK needs to book him to the moon, especially since who knows how many years left he has in his career. Such a talent man and he hasn't even had the opportunity to cut a promo. (Haven't watched Rampage if he did.)

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Khan just made a very smart decision signing Wayne. That kid is an absolute prodigy and will be very good.

They are really amassing some amazing young talent with sky high potential.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Also, Rosa vs Athena apparently tore the house down at Warrior Wrestling.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017

Per his contract he must finish High School and turn 18 and then he will be a full AEW worker. He should be able to continue working indies till then.

Last edited:

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Yoooo, incredible signing, this kid is so good!

If anyone here hasn't seen him yet, this match is a showcase of how freakishly talented his is, he's a teenage Omega/Osprey

m.youtube.com

Joey Janela Vs Nick Wayne | DEFYNOW | NOV. 25, 2021

JOEY JANELA tests NICK WAYNE this week on an all new #DEFYNOW; it's a Thanksgiving treat as this episode is completely FREE! Next Week at https://defyondem...

This dude can WORK. Good for him! So wild to see a kid like that already so polished. Looks like you could throw him in the ring with Bryan or Omega today and get a MOTY contender.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
This dude can WORK. Good for him! So wild to see a kid like that already so polished. Looks like you could throw him in the ring with Bryan or Omega today and get a MOTY contender.
There's a couple really amazing young people out there doing great work already. Billie and Tootie are the other two worth looking into if you wanna see the real next generation on the come up. There's also always Japanese wrestling and the insanely young men and women starting early there worth watching for if only to have the moment where you go "oh shit they've got it!" during some random multiperson tag you're half paying attention to until suddenly one just busts out a wild move or a super shooty kick or chop or something. (that's my experience with that, anyway!)

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Random morning thought: What if the WWE 2K legends roster is so tiny because AEW locked down a bunch of legends for their game?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
as good as Nick Way neis.

Wouldn't it be better for AEW if they just got young folks from completely different activities or from sports and taught them how to work (poorly) and then book them like trash and then pull a shocked pikachu face that no one cares?

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
as good as Nick Way neis.

Wouldn't it be better for AEW if they just got young folks from completely different activities or from sports and taught them how to work (poorly) and then book them like trash and then pull a shocked pikachu face that no one cares?
you're right, they should be poaching college football players that have no hope in the majors.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Wayne is already more talented in ring than so many wrestlers out there, it's crazy.

Excellent decision to sign him. Of all the wildly talented young wrestlers AEW have to build on in the future, he is absolutely the biggest prospect. He's going to be the best in the world at some point.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
great for nick! dude is unbelievably talented.

now that we know tony is watching the indies, tho, he has no excuse for not picking up guys like Ninja Mack.
Or Trish Adora. Or Kalvin Tankman. Or AC Mack. Or Atticus Cogar. Or RSP. Or Lufisto if he wanted a women's get that can help women develop.

I'm starting to think someone put Nick Wayne down in front of him and said "please watch" instead of him tuning into the indies...

blackrogue13

Nov 21, 2018
Or Trish Adora. Or Kalvin Tankman. Or AC Mack. Or Atticus Cogar. Or RSP. Or Lufisto if he wanted a women's get that can help women develop.

I'm starting to think someone put Nick Wayne down in front of him and said "please watch" instead of him tuning into the indies...
RSP has been on dark and to be honest having seen some of his matches on Indies, don't think he is needed for AEW. Also, maybe some of those individuals don't want to sign for AEW either. Remember when we talk about signing people to AEW it is a two way street.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
RSP has been on dark and to be honest having seen some of his matches on Indies, don't think he is needed for AEW. Also, maybe some of those individuals don't want to sign for AEW either. Remember when we talk about signing people to AEW it is a two way street.
As of now? Yeah, agreed. I wasn't saying I want RSP specifically in AEW just that it's an example of someone that may have been a good signing at some point that they seemed to have passed on.

I am aware he was on Dark. Let's not get into Dark being the actual worst way for a lot of these indie talents to show off...

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
a3iz7pq2lvg81.jpg

Bravo. This is perfect. :) Mind if I share it on Twitter?

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
absolutely love the vibe of AEW signing someone and turning it into a negative about all the people who weren't signed.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
My wifes favorite wrestler is Statlander (well after CM Punk) and even she turned on Kris after that promo. Either they botched that bad or we're getting a double turn which honestly sounds pretty awesome to me.

Also, Rosa vs Athena apparently tore the house down at Warrior Wrestling.

I thought we wouldn't see Keith until Revolution for the same reasons, that and his "March Forward" tweet.

Last edited:

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
absolutely love the vibe of AEW signing someone and turning it into a negative about all the people who weren't signed.

Took a bit over two years for this thread to become the exact type of thread that put me off of WrassleEra proper.

Oh well.

EDIT: And I'm not putting this all on SpaceSong's post, mind you. It's been building up.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Took a bit over two years for this thread to become the exact type of thread that put me off of WrassleEra proper.

Oh well.
WrassleEra had people complaining about Kenny Omega working with Chasyn Rance once and then never letting his apology sink is as genuine and would regularly make fun of people for enjoying things they didn't in their discord.

We're not there yet.
EDIT: And I'm not putting this all on SpaceSong's post, mind you. It's been building up.
I didn't read it as that, so no worries. I just think it's weird to try and stiffle convo. No one is saying that we're holding it against AEW for not signing these people. It's just weird how they pick and choose is all.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
WrassleEra had people complaining about Kenny Omega working with Chasyn Rance once and then never letting his apology sink is as genuine and would regularly make fun of people for enjoying things they didn't in their discord.

We're not there yet.

I mean, I hear you on the Discord thing. Noped out of there once people were legitimately making fun of this thread for...being too happy? Not a great vibe tbh.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
No one's unhappy for Nick. So don't put that on to anyone discussing their recruiting habits...

I'm not speculating on how you or anyone else feels about Nick in particular, just the general gist of people finding a way to make this yet another avenue for complaining about whatever the fuck TK or AEW in general decides to do.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I hear you on the Discord thing. Noped out of there once people were legitimately making fun of this thread for...being too happy? Not a great vibe tbh.
When they're screenshotting posts by others for all of them to collectively scoff at and, one example in particular I remember, them making fun of someone who is clearly a teenager reacting to NXT and comparing it to other things they enjoy it's like... man. Just look in a mirror and stop.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I've only seen a couple of Nick Wayne matches. He's impressive, and I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops in the years to come. Another blue chip prospect in the AEW system is a good thing. This must be so overwhelming for him and his family when he's still in his mid-teens. Good for him. Plenty of time before we even start seeing him in an AEW ring, but still cool.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not speculating on how you or anyone else feels about Nick in particular, just the general gist of people finding a way to make this yet another avenue for complaining about whatever the fuck TK or AEW in general decides to do.
No one was making it a piss party about who they haven't signed or something. It was just blue saying he thinks TK is watching the indies and naming names that make it clear he doesn't, but okay. You be upset about something that didn't happen. lol

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Antagonizing another user
No one was making it a piss party about who they haven't signed or something. It was just blue saying he thinks TK is watching the indies and naming names that make it clear he doesn't, but okay. You be upset about something that didn't happen. lol

bluexy literally brought up one person (Ninja Mack,) it was YOU who proceeded to make a list of names

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
bluexy literally brought up one person (Ninja Mack,) it was YOU who proceeded to make a list of names
This is why I keep you on ignore. I only unhid it because RBH, someone I like seeing what they have to say, commented on your absolute back flip of a read on what we were talking about. You have so much energy to misread and misinterpret what I said in the most disingenuous way. I was making my case for the idea that he didn't watch Nick Wayne on the indies and someone specifically showed Nick to him. I'm fucking beaming in excitement for Wayne. You don't have to paint blue and I's convo as a way to shade him or the good feelings around it.

Respectfully fuck all the way off. Shit is overly stressful for something I come here to try and enjoy.

Last edited:

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
TK owns a soccer team (that is about to get promoted to the EPL) - he absolutely understands the value in signing and training as much green talent as you can get your hands on and building that talent up.

AEW has more talent under 30 that is ready to be stars than WWE has had since the 90s.

It means 1 of 2 things is going to happen: 1) The gulf in in-ring quality will continue to grow out of control 2) WWE is going to have to throw around WCW money to lure folks away.

The likelihood right now is that 1 and 2 will happen.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I think it's ok to talk about who you'd want to see signed. We're never all going to agree on signings. That said, I do find signing a teen who's already pretty good to be less controversial than some of these boring shitbags like Hager, Lethal, and the Varsity Blondes. I see them as taking up valuable spots more so than a kid who won't even be a player until he grows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.