• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
It only took two and a half hours but front row seats were acquired. On the side of the ring opposite the ramp.

I am so fucking relieved. That was a nightmare.
Wow, front row. Very nice. At this point the only floor seats I'd really want would be in the front two rows as further back floor seats you're just paying more for seats that have a worse view than pretty much anywhere else in the arena.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Wardlow is winning the Face of the Revolution. 100%

I think Sammy is going to get stuck in one more "the IC is breaking up" story and not defend the title at Revolution most likely.

My prediction for the ladder match:

1) Andrade and Darby screw each other over.
2) Dante and Ricky screw each other over.
3) Lee and Wardlow hoss the hell out of each other.
4) Cody returns (as the joker) and Malakai and he screw each other over.
5) Penta? Pac? maybe?

I think Wardlow is taking the belt off of Sammy and then MJF is going to try and "claim" the TNT title as his property and Wardlow is going to destroy MJF.

I think that MJF and Lee need to be in the World Title picture and not the TNT title picture.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
fucking meltzer. did he not watch the "too big guy" doing incredibly athletic shit out there? dude looks great. as long as he's wrestling exceptionally, meltzer should mind his fucking business.

And that's the reason he said he needs to lose a little weight, well, if he doesnt want to end like big show/kevin nash. I dont see anything negative about meltzer saying a wrestler should stay healthy for his future.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
fucking meltzer. did he not watch the "too big guy" doing incredibly athletic shit out there? dude looks great. as long as he's wrestling exceptionally, meltzer should mind his fucking business.
Meltzer should retire. This isn't the first, nor unfortunately the last take you'll get from him, unless he changes.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
And that's the reason he said he needs to lose a little weight, well, if he doesnt want to end like big show/kevin nash. I dont see anything negative about meltzer saying a wrestler should stay healthy for his future.
Wanting someone to be healthy if they've been injured or are sick is one thing. That's not what Meltzer is doing. Keith Lee is, by all appearances, more than capable of performing at an exceptional level as he is. As such, there's zero reason to comment on his body unless your priority is shaming a bodytype you disagree with. In which case, like, get fucked.

As a fan, the extent you should be commenting on any healthy wrestler's body is horny gifs to your friends. Their personal health is not anyone's business.

Dec 29, 2017
My sister watched a little bit of AEW yesterday. During the Keith Lee vs Isiah Kassidy match she asked, "Why is a male cheerleader getting beat up by a linebacker?"

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
I see your line of thinking here as they've really made a point of reminding people of the fact that MJF would get the TNT title if Wardlow wins it. They're still in a place where they're continuing to build hype for the Wardlow face turn and this is really the first time AEW has built to a face turn like this so it's hard to really guess when they'll pull the trigger as they don't have a track record to point to as it specifically relates to this. They're face turn edging but at some point soon they need to fully pull the trigger. Revolution is March 6th and I would be surprised if they keep this going past the second Dynamite after Revolution. Basically somewhere within the next 30 days I think we're getting the full face turn Bautista thumbs down.

That said, the more I think about it it seems plausible to think that Wardlow could be in the face of the Revolution ladder match and win it. Do they pull the trigger on the full face turn the Dynamite after that or have him win the TNT title and pull the trigger sometime after that? I think Punk goes over MJ at Revolution, Wardlow wins the ladder match, but things are a little hazier beyond that. I guess Wardlow vs MJF for the TNT title could be something they build for DON? Though if that's the plan they would probably need to hold off a little on giving Wardlow his Bautista moment? I don't know that you could pull the trigger on the face turn shortly after Revolution and then carry a Wardlow & MJF feud through to DON which is slated to be in May (worth noting that previous DON's were in late May).

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Wardlow was already announced for the Ladder match. All of my scenarios were under the idea of him winning the ladder match and then winning the title.

However another scenario could be MJF taking Wardlow's title shot and winning the TNT title himself or having Wardlow cost him the title. That could stretch things from Revolution to Double or Nothing. There's probably a Battle of the Belts in between as well. Wardlow wins at Revolution. At Battle of the Belts, Wardlow turns and costs MJF the title and the two feud until Double or Nothing. That would leave the TNT title out of the feud.

However I'm all for Andrade or Keith Lee becoming the champs too. AEW is literally filled with great men and women who would be great champions. It's a great problem to have imo

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Wanting someone to be healthy if they've been injured or are sick is one thing. That's not what Meltzer is doing. Keith Lee is, by all appearances, more than capable of performing at an exceptional level as he is. As such, there's zero reason to comment on his body unless your priority is shaming a bodytype you disagree with. In which case, like, get fucked.

As a fan, the extent you should be commenting on any healthy wrestler's body is horny gifs to your friends. Their personal health is not anyone's business.

well, we have to agree to disagree then. I have to confess i didnt know keith lee until that survivor series triple thread, but since then i am a fan, and i also know the guy is 37 years old but i want him to have a good run in aew for years. It's true that this is nobody's busisness, but i also wont get mad because someone says an individual should loss a little more weight in a physical activity

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keith Lee himself admits he needs to lose some weight. He gained a good 20-30lbs during his issues with covid. I'm sure he's trying to lose it and being back in the ring on a consistent basis will go a long way in helping him reach his goals.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Wrestling is a performance art and a wrestler's look is a big part of the experience. Not even being able to comment on gaining or losing weight is frankly kind of ridiculous to me.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Keith Lee himself admits he needs to lose some weight. He gained a good 20-30lbs during his issues with covid. I'm sure he's trying to lose it and being back in the ring on a consistent basis will go a long way in helping him reach his goals.
If Keith Lee wants to lose weight, awesome! More power to him. Not the issue. He's a wrestler. We're fans. He's performing excellently. Fans should cheer, not comment on his body.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I'm a dude who's a few years older & a few inches shorter than Keith but about the same weight. It's genuinely inspiring seeing someone that has a body type like me being treated like a big deal and not a joke on TV. Felt the same when Puf wrestled on Dark.

I assume Keith's not at his peak fitness after almost dying from COVID, but like... not everyone has to look like they're carved out of granite on the roster. Keith looking like he does makes his move set that much more interesting.
Also, he's hot.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I didn't really read it as Meltzer saying Lee's weight was a problem in terms of aesthetics, but more about his recent health issues. It's still not Dave's business and if he's friends with Lee he should've spoken to him privately though.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Remember Donovan Dijak?

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Emoji_Icon_-_Clown_emoji_grande.png

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Did everyone enjoy Inner Circle town hall meeting #235?

Seriously I respect IC for carrying AEW for the first 1 or so, but it really is time for everyone to move on. I hope they follow through with the break up.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Did everyone enjoy Inner Circle town hall meeting #235?

Seriously I respect IC for carrying AEW for the first 1 or so, but it really is time for everyone to move on. I hope they follow through with the break up.
yup. that's what was good about it. it means that we're finally seeing the Inner Circle explode. Jericho hopefully turning heel, because his face gimmick is awful, a genuine push for PnP, Hager maybe being let go, and Sammy, uh, having to actually evolve as a character.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Between his pre-Moxley match promo a couple of years ago, his post-match promo at Terminus, and his promo last night, Santana could easily be the mouthpiece of his own faction or go on a believable singles run. He's got so much believability in everything he says. Hope to see him and Ortiz with the tag titles this year. STUD.

Dec 29, 2017
A lot is going on with the factions.

Inner Circle is breaking up. The Elite/Super Elite/Super Kliq/Paragon or whatever their name is look to be breaking up or going through a big change. Pinnacle is going to lose Wardlow. Team Taz is getting a push. Best Friends have recruited Danhausen or not? Still not sure where that is going. House of Black/Kings of the Black Throne (are they really a faction?) and Death Triangle are in a war with each other. AHFO is falling apart.

Only the Dark Order, Nightmare Family, and The Factory are currently doing nothing.

Boze Man

Oct 27, 2017
Bozeman, MT
Wondering if with the name drop we'll get a one off LAX appearance to face PnP? What is Hernandez doing these days?

Give me all the body types! Dusty was all blubber. Hanson wasn't chiseled but still built like a brick shithouse. Murdock is carrying around the NWA title just fine. It's great!

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Alright. So with three weeks of Dynamites left before Revolution, here are the current ongoing stories in AEW:

Championships:
World Championship: Hangman Adam Page just beat Lance Armstrong and is likely shifting to a feud with Adam Cole
Women's World Championship: Britt Baker hired Mercedes Martinez to beat Thunder Rosa because Jamie Hayter couldn't get the job done.
World Tag Championship: Jurassic Express, with Christian, is being targeted by the Ass Boys and their dad Papa Ass
TNT Championship: Sammy Guevara is taking challengers while the Inner Circle implodes around him
TBS Championship: Jade Cargill is taking challengers while also learning how to wrestle

Factions:
AHFO: Andrade is trying to recruit Darby by purchasing him from Mr Stink, while Matt's going crazy watching his faction job to, well, everyone.
Best Friends: Jobbing to keep The Elite busy through Cole's championship challenge.
Dark Order: MIA
Death Triangle: Penta just got his other mask, PAC's a bastard, and Fenix is coming back... when? The feud with the House of Black could go a lot of different ways.
The Elite: Adam Cole+ReDragon have tension building with the Young Bucks while Kenny is away. Cole invited NJPW's Jay White to hang out, but was he lying when he said he liked Nick's earrings?
The Factory: MIA, though QT is feuding with Hook
House of Black: Needs a third to feud with Death Triangle.
Inner Circle: Imploding
Nightmare Factory: Is this even a faction anymore?
Pinnacle: Two stories -- MJF feuding with CM Punk and Wardlow's possible split.
Team Taz: No current feud

Non-faction stories:
Mox + Danielson: SEXUAL TENSION RISING
Cody: Doesn't have a contract.
Danhausen: ???
Statlander+Layla: Friendship ended with aliens, now my best friend is suplexes
Deeb vs. Shida: WOLF HUNGRY

All But Guaranteed Revolution matches:
Hangman (c) vs. Adam Cole
Britt Baker (c) vs. Thunder Rosa OR Mercedes Martinez
CM Punk vs. Wardlow OR MJF
Ladder Match for a TNT title shot (Keith Lee, Darby, Andrade, Cody, ?)
The Elite (Young Bucks, ReDragon, Jay White) vs. Best Friends (Trent+Chucky, Orange Cassidy, Rocky Romero, Wheeler Yuta)

Maybe Revolution matches:
House of Black vs. Death Triangle (of some configuration)
Shida vs. Deeb blowoff
Jade 30-0 challenge to a new signee or Nyla?
Jericho vs. Kingston
Jurassic Express+Christian vs. The Ass Family
Sammy defense against Darby and/or Andrade?

Last edited:

Habs

Mar 10, 2021
Alright. So with three weeks of Dynamites left before Revolution, here are the current ongoing stories in AEW:

Championships:
World Championship: Hangman Adam Page just beat Lance Armstrong and is likely shifting to a feud with Adam Cole
Women's World Championship: Britt Baker hired Mercedes Martinez to beat Thunder Rosa because Jamie Hayter couldn't get the job done.
World Tag Championship: Jurassic Express, with Christian, is being targeted by the Ass Boys and their dad Papa Ass
TNT Championship: Sammy Guevara is taking challengers while the Inner Circle implodes around him
TBS Championship: Jade Cargill is taking challengers while also learning how to wrestle

Factions:
AHFO: Andrade is trying to recruit Darby by purchasing him from Mr Stink, while Matt's going crazy watching his faction job to, well, everyone.
Best Friends: Jobbing to keep The Elite busy through Cole's championship challenge.
Dark Order: MIA
Death Triangle: Penta just got his other mask, PAC's a bastard, and Fenix is coming back... when? The feud with the House of Black could go a lot of different ways.
The Elite: Adam Cole+ReDragon have tension building with the Young Bucks while Kenny is away. Cole invited NJPW's Jay White to hang out, but was he lying when he said he liked Nick's earrings?
The Factory: MIA, though QT is feuding with Hook
House of Black: Needs a third to feud with Death Triangle.
Inner Circle: Imploding
Nightmare Factory: Is this even a faction anymore?
Pinnacle: Two stories -- MJF feuding with CM Punk and Wardlow's possible split.
Team Taz: No current feud

Non-faction stories:
Mox + Danielson: SEXUAL TENSION RISING
Cody: Doesn't have a contract.
Danhausen: ???
Statlander+Layla: Friendship ended with aliens, now my best friend is suplexes
Deeb vs. Shida: WOLF HUNGRY

All But Guaranteed Revolution matches:
Hangman (c) vs. Adam Cole
Britt Baker (c) vs. Thunder Rosa OR Mercedes Martinez
CM Punk vs. Wardlow OR MJF
Ladder Match for a TNT title shot (Keith Lee, Darby, Andrade, Cody, ?)
The Elite (Young Bucks, ReDragon, Jay White) vs. Best Friends (Trent+Chucky, Orange Cassidy, Rocky Romero, Wheeler Yuta)

Maybe Revolution matches:
House of Black vs. Death Triangle (of some configuration)
Shida vs. Deeb blowoff
Jade 30-0 challenge to a new signee or Nyla?
Jericho vs. Kingston
Jurassic Express+Christian vs. The Ass Family
Sammy defense against Darby and/or Andrade?
Does Team Taz not feud with Dante anymore?

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Does Team Taz not feud with Dante anymore?
mmm, i don't doubt that it'll be revisited. It was definitely a story at one point in time, but things have changed so much that I'm not sure I'd call it a current storyline. in that it isn't something that's actively being progressed or built looking toward the PPV. could def be wrong!

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Honestly I have no idea who wrestles Jurassic Express at the pay per view. I'd put Proud n Powerful over but that's probably in May or September, so they can build themselves back up before they win the belts. So, let's check the top 5. I don't think The Acclaimed, Gunn Club, or Private Party are really a PPV worthy opponent (also Gunn Club is doing the job this week), I don't think you put Kings of the Black Throne in that match unless you're giving them the belts (and I assume they bring in Swerve and go against Death Triangle anyway), FTR makes a bit of sense I guess? It will be very interesting to see what the rankings look like next week since I assume we'll know the direction this goes then.

Status
Not open for further replies.