• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gontrand

Oct 27, 2017
Give me Keith Lee vs Lance Archer vs Miro vs Powerhouse Hobbs vs Brody King vs Wardlow in a car-crash hoss fight.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Hangman using the ref and then hitting the buckshot through the table got a legit joyful chuckle out of me as I was watching. It was the only thing on the show that did that for me, and it made the whole thing feel like a perfect ending to a really strong 2 hours of pro wrestling.

Last edited:

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
The Pre-sale for Dynamite in Boston is totally messed up right now. I hate Ticketmaster. What's the point of lobbies and waiting rooms and queues if they always break :/

I got all the way through the queue, and it showed me 'tickets will go one sale soon' page, rather than giving me a chance to enter a pre-sale code or anything.

Now I'm back in a queue that has been 'Temporarily paused', waiting to see if it budges at all.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully this Adam vs. Adam match at Revolution means Hangman doesn't have to bleed.
Swerve, Remsburg getting color in that main event.
The Pre-sale for Dynamite in Boston is totally messed up right now. I hate Ticketmaster. What's the point of lobbies and waiting rooms and queues if they always break :/

I got all the way through the queue, and it showed me 'tickets will go one sale soon' page, rather than giving me a chance to enter a pre-sale code or anything.

Now I'm back in a queue that has been 'Temporarily paused', waiting to see if it budges at all.
I'm going through that right now with nin tickets. The site must be having problems.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Hopefully this Adam vs. Adam match at Revolution means Hangman doesn't have to bleed.

Same. I just want his nothing-but-bangers championship run to continue. Really good odds of that happening against a guy as skilled as Cole.

Btw, who's going to be the next TNT champion, and how will they get there? It has to be Andrade or Keith Lee, right?

Scenario 1:
-Andrade, Darby, and Sammy triple threat at Revolution...Sammy wins, Andrade and Darby spin off into a TV singles match
-Keith Lee wins the ladder match and beats Sammy for the TNT title in March

Scenario 2:
-Andrade, Darby, and Lee are all in the ladder match. Lee wins because Andrade and Darby take each other out and continue a singles program with one another.
-Keith Lee wins the TNT title in March

Scenario 3:
-Andrade wins the ladder match and beats Sammy next month. Keith Lee spins off into a feud with someone else in the ladder match

Scenario...forget it, you're not gonna read this far. LOL

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
Same. I just want his nothing-but-bangers championship run to continue. Really good odds of that happening against a guy as skilled as Cole.

Btw, who's going to be the next TNT champion, and how will they get there? It has to be Andrade or Keith Lee, right?

Scenario 1:
-Andrade, Darby, and Sammy triple threat at Revolution...Sammy wins, Andrade and Darby spin off into a TV singles match

Scenario 2:
-Andrade, Darby, and Lee are all in the ladder match. Lee wins because Andrade and Darby take each other out and continue a singles program with one another.

Scenario 3:
-Andrade wins the ladder match and beats Sammy next month. Keith Lee spins off into a feud with someone else in the ladder match

I think Wardlow should be the next TNT champ. There is already the stip that if Wardlow wins the title, he has to forfeit it to MJF. So allow me to run through some scenarios as well lol

1 - Wardlow wins the TNT title and begrudgingly hands it over. He turns later, probably costing MJF the title.

2- Wardlow turns on MJF and gets "fired". Then after about a month or two (90 days maybe lol) Wardlow returns and costs MJF the TNT title and you have them feud. Keith Lee would be perfect to win here.

3 - Wardlow wins the title, but MJF doesn't realize that Wardlow's contract expired. Wardlow turns on MJF and signs with AEW. Feud continues.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Swerve, Remsburg getting color in that main event.

I'm going through that right now with nin tickets. The site must be having problems.
I've been able to reach the ticket map a number of times now, but after that it just spins. Haven't been able to buy anything yet. This process is always horrendous in my experience unless you get lucky on your very first try.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Only TNT title route I want is Keith Lee winning the ladder match then proceeding to pounce Sammy to the third row of the crowd followed by the 1-2-3.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Someone on the wrestletalk podcast just brought up the fact that less than 6 months ago WWE had Bearcat Lee and was planning to cut Coles hair and have him be Lee's manager and now we have Lee going for the TNT title and Cole for the world title in AEW.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:

Scenario 3:

Scenario 3 is what I would go with. If AEW has proven anything its that you don't have to immediately put a belt on someone for them to matter. Also, Andrade has been there for awhile now and despite being super talented he hasn't really been given a push of any kind there. They need to do something with Andrade and putting the TNT title on him would be a good way of doing that.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Scenario 3 is what I would go with. If AEW has proven anything its that you don't have to immediately put a belt on someone for them to matter. Also, Andrade has been there for awhile now and despite being super talented he hasn't really been given a push of any kind there. They need to do something with Andrade and putting the TNT title on him would be a good way of doing that.

Andrade as TNT champ with Butcher and Blade as his heavies (and Jose being Jose), I think that works.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I do want them to commit to Andrade as the next champ. He's amazing and looks and feels like someone who should almost always have a championship around his waist.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
During Justin Roberts intro for MJF, he called him the "Sprawl God".

Bryan Danielson said in an interview that MJF calls himself the Sprawl God because he apparently has guys come up to him backstage to try and take him down and no-one has managed to do it. At the time of the interview Bryan was coy about if he'd tried to do it.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017

lol wut?

Don't go Tony, need you to stay focused on aew, not fucking politics.

Cody will write his speeches. He'll win for sure. lol

Can't wait for this thin skinned fuck to go crazy on Twitter if this goes anywhere. (I'm lying about the can't wait part, I just can't see the positive in this)
Imagine him succeeding in politics where Linda McMahon failed?

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Realistically how far do you think he could throw Sammy into the crowd?
adam-cole-keith-lee.gif

Using this gif as the bar, cole not being as athletic for the assist and still got to at least the third row I say 5 to 6 is realistic.

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
One advantage of debuting Keith Lee now and not at the PPV is there is less expectation on him to win the ladder match itself. I appreciate that there might be several worthwhile contenders this time around (Andrade and Wardlow, especially) and I'll be pretty happy no matter who wins it.

Right now my dumb booking is thinking that Keith doesn't win at the PPV but looks strong as heck and quickly advances up the rankings anyway. Instead he'll fight for the world title (and maybe win it) before the end of 2022.

It will be fun to watch Keith Lee punting folks like Sammy and Darby about, though.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I missed it. Monster Hunter has turned me into a gremlin that has lost all concept of time and only surfaces to forage for food and water.

Did the Dynamite Zone bask in his glory?

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
AEW crowds never cease to amaze me.

They recognizing the Doomsday Device and marking out hard for it was really something special. That would never happen in a WWE crowd.

It would not be a lie if one can say one of the reason AEW is so good to watch is because the crowds

Dec 29, 2017
Meltzer concerned about Keith Lee's weight. Says he needs to drop some pounds at his age. Brian was very impressed and was disappointed in WWE for fucking up Keith Lee. Both were very impressed by how over he was.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Meltzer concerned about Keith Lee's weight. Says he needs to drop some pounds at his age. Brian was very impressed and was disappointed in WWE for fucking up Keith Lee. Both were very impressed by how over he was despite not being a big name star.

fucking meltzer. did he not watch the "too big guy" doing incredibly athletic shit out there? dude looks great. as long as he's wrestling exceptionally, meltzer should mind his fucking business.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I think Wardlow should be the next TNT champ. There is already the stip that if Wardlow wins the title, he has to forfeit it to MJF. So allow me to run through some scenarios as well lol

1 - Wardlow wins the TNT title and begrudgingly hands it over. He turns later, probably costing MJF the title.

2- Wardlow turns on MJF and gets "fired". Then after about a month or two (90 days maybe lol) Wardlow returns and costs MJF the TNT title and you have them feud. Keith Lee would be perfect to win here.

3 - Wardlow wins the title, but MJF doesn't realize that Wardlow's contract expired. Wardlow turns on MJF and signs with AEW. Feud continues.
I see your line of thinking here as they've really made a point of reminding people of the fact that MJF would get the TNT title if Wardlow wins it. They're still in a place where they're continuing to build hype for the Wardlow face turn and this is really the first time AEW has built to a face turn like this so it's hard to really guess when they'll pull the trigger as they don't have a track record to point to as it specifically relates to this. They're face turn edging but at some point soon they need to fully pull the trigger. Revolution is March 6th and I would be surprised if they keep this going past the second Dynamite after Revolution. Basically somewhere within the next 30 days I think we're getting the full face turn Bautista thumbs down.

That said, the more I think about it it seems plausible to think that Wardlow could be in the face of the Revolution ladder match and win it. Do they pull the trigger on the full face turn the Dynamite after that or have him win the TNT title and pull the trigger sometime after that? I think Punk goes over MJ at Revolution, Wardlow wins the ladder match, but things are a little hazier beyond that. I guess Wardlow vs MJF for the TNT title could be something they build for DON? Though if that's the plan they would probably need to hold off a little on giving Wardlow his Bautista moment? I don't know that you could pull the trigger on the face turn shortly after Revolution and then carry a Wardlow & MJF feud through to DON which is slated to be in May (worth noting that previous DON's were in late May).

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
It only took two and a half hours but front row seats were acquired. On the side of the ring opposite the ramp.

I am so fucking relieved. That was a nightmare.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Basically what Keith Lee coming for the TNT belt is gonna look like:

sammy-guevara-run.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.