• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
- Pinnacle segment was funny. I enjoyed the focus on Wardlow. That turn is coming soon.
- Wardlow vs Blade was solid. Crowd were hot for the Powerbomb Symphony.
- Interesting Penta promo. Inner Circle segment was better than expected. Santana & Ortiz speaking the truth. Jericho showing his true colors. Him and Hager need to turn heel.
- Switchblade! Good way to freshen up the Elite storyline before Kenny returns.
- Zay vs Lee was good. Marked out for Keith Lee! The Bradliest Beal lol. One day we will get Lee vs Miro and it will be awesome.
- Looking forward to the Rosa/Mercedes rematch.
- FTR vs Punk & Mox was great. Never knew I needed a Punk & Mox team before now.
- A.Q.A vs Cargill (c) was solid. A.Q.A. impressed me in the ring and on the mic.
- Cutler browsing Reddit for spoilers lol.
- Deeb vs Arquette was OK. Nice promo from Deeb. Was expecting a new female signing to debut after the match.
- Archer vs Hangman (c) was my MOTN. Some of the spots were brutal. Ref-assisted Buckshot Lariat was cool.

One of the best ever non-special Dynamites.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watching the Keith Lee debut again and just really appreciate having JR as an announcer for moments like these. He really made Keith Lee sound like a big star during his entrance.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I think when talking about "cutting" some talent, we cannot really just look into the TV but also if they work behind the scenes to do more stuff, and the age (younger talent will probably get kept if they believe they can be retooled).
That is part of the reason why Kazarian was kept, and why I doubt Jamela (he is a great scout for talent and helps keep great connection with other wrestling companies), or Dark Order main guys (great mid level talent that are also great for creating content), Nakazawa (same as Jamela), Luther and Serpentico (help in coaching), Christopher Daniels (helps in coaching and other management stuff).

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
One of the few downgraded or cut talent, I'm really regretting not to see anymore is Angelico. The Dark crowd was usually behind him pretty well in his singles matches despite him being a heel. His style is so unique and cool, so I wish they had split him from Evans if they needed to and kept him around.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
One of the few downgraded or cut talent, I'm really regretting not to see anymore is Angelico. The Dark crowd was usually behind him pretty well in his singles matches despite him being a heel. His style is so unique and cool, so I wish they had split him from Evans if they needed to and kept him around.
With LU era Penta coming back it's time for Angelico to get that singles push. Let's go, Tony!

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017

Jay White made a shocking appearance on AEW Dynamite this week, and made a swift alliance with Adam Cole and the Young Bucks.

Cole and the Bucks interrupted an interview with Rocky Romero and Beretta on Dynamite, as Roppongi Vice is set to reunite for one night only this week on Rampage to face their classic IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship rivals. Romero would be laid out with a BTE Trigger, before the Switchblade entered, exchanging knowing glances with Adam Cole before sending Beretta face first into a parked truck. Matt and Nick Jackson seemed less pleased with this alliance, which is set to develop in the coming weeks.

👀

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Random idea: What if The Owen was a bunch of rising stars being managed/"coached" by established stars. Like we get Darby with Sting vs Daniel Garcia with Bryan Danielson. Give me Keith Lee managed by Kenny Omega.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Thought the show was overall fantastic and one of their best for a while.

After the last few weeks I would say it feels like AEW is starting to find it's groove again and have been pacing their shows much better then they were for a while.

tumblr_inline_pghxn4O6FH1set8ij_250.gifv

Damn right, his theme was a banger for sure.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously? Wow. That's awful. I'm glad he's away from the cesspool.
www.si.com

Q&A: Keith Lee Reflects on His Move to WWE’s Main Roster

After a brief run at the top of NXT, Keith Lee arrived on “Raw” with a bang and hopes to vault himself into the main event.
As far as gear goes, my gear is the same as NXT except I have to wear a top right now. Is that my choice? No. But I do what I need to do in order to also keep the people I work for happy. At some point, I will get so big that it won't matter what other people want because Keith Lee knows what's best. Someone will figure that out at some point, and then I won't be wearing a top anymore. Until then, I have no problem with this.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Seriously? Wow. That's awful. I'm glad he's away from the cesspool.
They also did the usual WWE thing of giving him a new name (so they can own it) and called him 'bearcat' Lee. It was apparently a reference to a famous black wrestler back in the day but everyone hated how corny it was pushed, especially having claw marks on his top.

Edit* LMAO 🤣

Last edited:

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Amazing episode. That main event was fire.

The one thing that I think needs to happen is to drop the TNT title from Sami and have it be a real prize. There's so many talented people and they can't all be world champions right away and Adam Page is just getting started. The TNT title is just being wasted with no stories happening right now

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Re-watching the Keith Lee debut and such a great moment. Great theme, match and props to Isiah for making Keith look great.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Amazing episode. That main event was fire.

The one thing that I think needs to happen is to drop the TNT title from Sami and have it be a real prize. There's so many talented people and they can't all be world champions right away and Adam Page is just getting started. The TNT title is just being wasted with no stories happening right now
Give Andrade the belt and watch him have bangers every single week.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It's Thursday. You know what that means. ❤️

www.si.com

Q&A: Keith Lee Reflects on His Move to WWE’s Main Roster

After a brief run at the top of NXT, Keith Lee arrived on “Raw” with a bang and hopes to vault himself into the main event.

WTF at this toxic shit. Because he doesn't look like every other useless bodybuilder in your company you make him cover up? His look is what immediately makes him stand out! And then you see that unique looking guy doing that move set and you're fucking IN. Dude is a slam dunk, instant star and all they could think to do with him is make him wear a shirt? AE-Dub has its problems, but that company is a JOKE.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
brother switch i knew you'd come

also as a newcomer to Keith Lee.. I never realized how massive the dude was. When he jumped over Isiah I popped. Can't wait for the eventual Darby vs Lee match.

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
So let me get this straight…

TK realised he used his own definition of 'Forbidden Door' wrong and rather than either a) coming clean or b) letting the fans be disappointed that it's free-agent Keith Lee, he decides to stick to his guns and signs Jay White on what appears to be a short-term deal.

The whole thing is just unbelievable, really.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Jay White! The story opportunities with Cole, TYB and even Omega when he returns... Let's fucking go.

Thrilled for Keith Lee as well, what a debut. WHAT A TUNE.

Nov 5, 2017
WTF at this toxic shit. Because he doesn't look like every other useless bodybuilder in your company you make him cover up? His look is what immediately makes him stand out! And then you see that unique looking guy doing that move set and you're fucking IN. Dude is a slam dunk, instant star and all they could think to do with him is make him wear a shirt? AE-Dub has its problems, but that company is a JOKE.
100% agree. Again, I've only even seen him from what is posted here so what I saw yesterday was the first action I've ever seen him in. He's fantastic. Tony needs to strap a rocket to him.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I'm so looking forward to next week's Martinez vs Rosa. I hope they get good TV time because that match will be intense.

Man, it's just so great to be actually excited for wrestling again instead of just following what's up. I'm glad AEW has been improving on what got me distracted in the past + having many stars I've been invested in a while. Bryan Danielson was def a turning point. I'm gonna simp that man wherever he goes.

I feel that last night's episode is an example of how well balanced AEW in general can get. It was a very sports-entertainment show, but had some very great matches, surprises for a very diverse crowd (I'd say, for example, Jay White for the more wrestling nerd crowd - in a good sense -, Keith Lee for those jumping ship and Mox working a lot as an in-house surprise partner), and then a brutal match at the end as a way of reminding you what this shit can be too when needed.

Good good. Keep it coming.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Speaking of Lee's size, has that changed much at all?

Reason I ask is because from what little I know he has always been big and yet Alvarez and Meltzer were both apparently talking after the show about how he needs to lose weight and Meltzer was getting quite focused on it.

Toli08

Oct 27, 2017
I just want Keith Lee vs Miro so bad now. Give me a three month angle between them. Two monsters staring down in the ring at each other will be magnificent!

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of Lee's size, has that changed much at all?

Reason I ask is because from what little I know he has always been big and yet Alvarez and Meltzer were both apparently talking after the show about how he needs to lose weight and Meltzer was getting quite focused on it.

I think he's definitely heavier than he was during his time at PWG (which seems to be what Dave is mostly fixated on) and a bit heavier than in NXT. Probably wouldn't hurt to lose some weight but then again that's really his business. Also it's not like he's been working long athletic matches for a while either.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I think he's definitely heavier than he was during his time at PWG (which seems to be what Dave is mostly fixated on) and a bit heavier than in NXT. Probably wouldn't hurt to lose some weight but then again that's really his business. Also it's not like he's been working long athletic matches for a while either.
Thanks and yeah I'm in agreement that ultimately it's up to him and if he feels fine performing how he is.

Oct 27, 2017
I can see Lee trimming up similar to how Evil Uno did. The AEW working schedule is so much less rigorous and offers them the space to actually live a healthy life style

netprints

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was last night the first time they had two women matches in dynamite? Also what a great episode. Darby and sting trying to keep a straight face when Andrade was talking was pretty great, Lee debut also amazing.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Also have to keep in mind that Keith Lee may still be dealing with the effects of long COVID. When he first got COVID, it messed up his workout routine pretty significantly.

Yeah, the match was beautifully paced to avoid having Lee gas out, with enough spots to show he can still go.

Entirely possible he's still recovering, but he did great if so.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Last night was a great episode of Dynamite. I stream the show over discord and my friends that only watch wrestling when I do that got to witness Keith Lee for the first time and I told them to pay attention. Everyone screamed "holy shit" when he tossed Cassidy across the arena. I liked the spirit bomb tease, I guess we'll get it by revolution. Main event was also insane, hangman loves to fucking bleed every match.

Ivol

Dec 12, 2017
I personally didn't see anything wrong with how Keith Lee looked without a shirt because like you guys said in here the way he looks makes him stand out. Wade Keller in his Dynamite report AND Meltzer in WOR both basically said he needs to lose some weight if anything because of his age and because he is apparently really big now (Dynamite was my first time seeing him).

Luschient

Oct 30, 2017
Like a few others here, last night was my first real exposure to Lee and he instantly feels like a huge deal. Took him 2 minutes to make me more excited to see what all he'll do in AEW than what I've felt for some recent signings like Fish, O'Reilly, Neese, etc.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Special Thursday edition of AEW Dark airs tonight:

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia

Time for a Worldwide Underground reunion but with Angelico taking PJ Black's spot.

latest

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Top to bottom one of my favorite episodes of Dynamite ever. I mentioned this in the discord but if I was to cut the show into traditional seasons everything up to Hangman winning the title would be season 1. Establish the characters, introduce conflicts, build alliances all leading to a climatic finish with the hero riding into the sunset. This episode felt like the real beginning of season 2. Story heavy but every match had a purpose.

Wardlow v Blade got the crowd behind Wardlow building anticipation for the face turn
KEITH FUCKING LEE obliterating Zay fueled Matt's eventual break and the presumed takeover of the HFO by Andrade
FTR vs Punk/Mox ensures MJF isn't going for the title just yet leaving room for Adam Cole to be the number one contender.
Cargill vs AQA was a showcase for the TBS title adding to Jade's streak, while also showing just how fast Jade's picking this shit up.
Professor Deeb's 5 minute challenge should be a recurring segment until either she joins up with Danielson's dragon dojo or Shida is healthy to put a stop to her.
Hangman vs Archer proves the Cowboy's a fighting champ and it'll take a lot to dethrone him.

Absolutely stellar show.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Random idea: What if The Owen was a bunch of rising stars being managed/"coached" by established stars. Like we get Darby with Sting vs Daniel Garcia with Bryan Danielson. Give me Keith Lee managed by Kenny Omega.

I want to see future pillars highlighted. My fantasy Men's Final 4: Dante, Garcia, Moriarty, Hook. Other 4 can be guys like Angels or Yuta who can have good matches and take losses.

Last edited:

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
- Great opening MJF segment, crowd remains hot for Wardlow to turn.

- Awesome debut for Keith Lee, 8 mins but he felt like a bigger deal than ever in the E. Amazing what happens when you just let wrestlers be themselves and don't dictate every aspect of their presentation and character.

- Cool to see Jay White appear, it felt like there wasn't really a reason for it, Tony teased something about Kenny so maybe that's the direction.

- A genuinely entertaining IC segment with a thankfully more serious Jericho but Santana was the clear highlight here. You give that man a mic and he always delivers. Crowd actually started out booing PnP but Santana turned them around.

- The best champ goes 27-0 but it shouldn't have been a TV match, SSP aside A.Q.A didn't do much for me and I thought her gear was an accident just waiting into happen.

- Not sure what the point of the Rookie Challenge is but it gets Serena on TV more so yay? My guess is Shida comes back as a masked luchador and goes the distance.

- Just casually throwing out Mox teaming with Punk with no build up. Am I watching RAW? Great match though, popped for the Doomsday Device.

- Awesome gory self mutilation to end the show, laughed at Archer getting a big match special entrance but not getting to use it. Hangman bouncing off the steps head first into the post was scary, Hangman using the ref to do the lariat was *chefs kiss*

Status
Not open for further replies.