• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
This biggest troll
FLHI6o3XoAMyVrh
b680fd8d0ea2d2057e2f85e5a8778b25.jpg

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
With the talk of AEW needing work on doing better with developmental talent, I wish Dark could be their NXT. Come on TK, pony up the cash to have it feel like its own promotion and hire someone to be the booker. Also get Regal as general manager.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
With the talk of AEW needing work on doing better with developmental talent, I wish Dark could be their NXT. Come on TK, pony up the cash to have it feel like its own promotion and hire someone to be the booker. Also get Regal as general manager.

on the internet, always jokes to and fro about trips being hired to make dark NXT 3.0

but i mean every time the joke comes up i'm lowkey like 'damn yeah that'd be dope'

Nov 5, 2017
I couldn't agree more. They have so much talent that's underutilized that, instead of having all these squash matches, have them face each other and build up some storylines. Add Elevation to this as well. Have everything crossover. Both shows are basically a waste.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
all good.

not directed at you, but the level of negativity in this thread seems to have peaked to new levels in the recent weeks so I don't really know what's what anymore.
Yeah, the thread has really gone downhill lately with spite watching, backseat booking and snark. Don't expect folks to bite their tongue when it comes to criticism, but I think there were two posts about Dark yesterday among pages of forced negative speculation and Tony Khan as a punching bag. Tried reading alongside during Dynamite last week for the first time in a while and it was pretty miserable then too.

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
LOL, Taz on Dark 'I think there's some people in Nashville who still owe me some money…' 😂

lupin23rd

Oct 27, 2017
Cody comes out, signs his new contract, and qualifies for the ladder match.
Kross then debuts and squashes Cody post match.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
If Karion is the one debuting, than I'm going to be severely disappointed.

Keith Lee, Isiah Swerve Scott, and Johnny Gargano.

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
Just like the Keith Lee news last week, very happy to have confirmation that AEW is high on Swerve.

My hope and final guess for tonight is Swerve shows up for the qualifier match, but then Keith Lee and Mia Yim show up together at the end of the show.

Not going to watch it live (as usual) though, so I'll dip out of this thread til tomorrow.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
final guess for the MYSTERY MAN based on all the scuttlebutt of who's available, awful worked spoilers by Kross etc.:

#1 Keith Lee
#2 Samoa Joe
#3 Jay White

Prince Akeem

Nov 5, 2017
Yeah, the thread has really gone downhill lately with spite watching, backseat booking and snark. Don't expect folks to bite their tongue when it comes to criticism, but I think there were two posts about Dark yesterday among pages of forced negative speculation and Tony Khan as a punching bag. Tried reading alongside during Dynamite last week for the first time in a while and it was pretty miserable then too.

There is so much drama and sensationalism when it comes to AEW discussion on all sides it's insane. Tony Khan is the same guy that got CM Punk out of retirement, convinced Owen's widow to trust the wrestling business again, signed Bryan Danielson and Adam Cole and yet nothing but pessimism and negativity.

Its like the more successful AEW becomes, the worse y'all get.

Toli08

Oct 27, 2017
Is it me or every few months the Inner Circle has a team meeting lol. Either break them up or turn them heel.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I just realized that we don't even have a women's match announced. Maybe that's further evidence that it is either Keith Lee & Mia Yim or Killer Cross & Scarlett Bordeaux. Of course, the more likely scenario is TK is too excited about his new action figure and forgot about his dolls.

I expect "Serena Deeb in action."

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Loving people dismissing Tony's incredibly toxic response to Swole and reasonable skepticism about how he's handling talent as more evidence comes to light that he's kind of an impulsive dipshit worth questioning the decisions of as he hires insanely problematic people without a second thought or second look into weather it's a good move or not. But tell us again how CM Punk coming back absolves him of all of this and we're the toxic ones for giving a fuck about him bad mouthing a black woman who was reasonable and measured in her criticisms.

Back flips happening to paint anyone willing to talk real shit as bad.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Figured I would share this here in case anyone was interested.

Steve Shives who primarily does Star Trek discussions and left wing politics is also an AEW fan and he just did a video about the Kendrick situation and also why opinions aren't neutral and can deserve a reaction.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
It's going to be someone better known than Carrion. Think back to the Christian debut. Tony over hyped it, sure, but it was someone widely known who was considered a good worker.

I don't think he'd give Cross this kind of hype. He'd be in more of a surprise entrance in a ladder match spot like Ethan Page.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Two matches announced so far is weird for aew standards, I wonder what else pops up.

Yeah, this feels like a story heavy episode, for better or for worse. A month away from Revolution, they need to kick the gears into motion.

I'm feeling that the new hiring is going to be Cody Rhodes for maximum heat. It's going to be fingerpoke of doom.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
What if it is Mustafa Ali and Tony is going to pay his fine for breaking the contract

That would most certainly result in legal proceedings due to contract tampering, which would ultimately become a lot more costly. It's not like Ali can put up some money and say peace, I'm out - he's contractually obligated to whatever is in his contract for better or worse.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Loving people dismissing Tony's incredibly toxic response to Swole and reasonable skepticism about how he's handling talent as more evidence comes to light that he's kind of an impulsive dipshit worth questioning the decisions of as he hires insanely problematic people without a second thought or second look into weather it's a good move or not. But tell us again how CM Punk coming back absolves him of all of this and we're the toxic ones for giving a fuck about him bad mouthing a black woman who was reasonable and measured in her criticisms.

Back flips happening to paint anyone willing to talk real shit as bad.
That Swole tweet was likely the turning point, yeah. Check my post history if you want, was pissed about that and called him out on it despite not posting here all that much anymore. But flippant negativity, assuming the worst intentions and turning a guy none of us know or work with into a caricature isn't always serious criticism either, and makes for some pretty misanthropic and hyperbolic AEW discussion from the community that helped get me into this whole wrestling thing in the first place.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I can't see it being Kross. Triple H threw everything at him in NXT and he flopped. Dude is basically a worse Nick Aldis and AEW never showed interest in him.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
I see we are in the cycle of 'all this negativity' now when really it's a been a mix of that and positivity, the same as its always been.

There have been complaints about the women's booking since the start of the company, the perceived forced booking of Hangman and Britt in the early months, the (undeserved) deflation in general over the Christian reveal, the women's tourney shoved onto YouTube, The Nightmare Collective, Matt Hardy's concussion, weird promos from a variety of wrestlers every so often, Cody turning/not turning, plenty of people complaining about Kenny's run (the heathens), the TK Swole tweet. There has always been discussion points running multiple pages about a negative subject.

Recently we have also seen lavish praise for Hook, Danielson's run, Hangman promos, Van Zant's appearance, various promos, Jade's TBS run, etc. There's plenty to feel very positive about and people here vocalise that often. I don't see that much of a change in general mood here, but maybe it's because I miss a lot of what's posted here during the shows, I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.