• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

xgq5xk3kqdg81.jpg

Last edited:

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
Look at the poster of the mystery person. The silhouette says it all.. bald head and huge thighs. It has to be Kurt Angle! Omega is on record saying one of his dream matches is with Angle. I'm ready for Kurt

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
Fun Elevation tonight. I really needed it. Sad personal things in spoilers to prevent thread derailment. Today is my birthday and it was the first one without my mom. I never really cared about my birthday, but she did. I definitely missed her saying "happy birthday" to me numerous times to mess with me. I wasn't sure if I would even watch Elevation, but I needed it to feel like a "normal" day. Being alone sucks

- Great to see Robert Anthony back. All the respect for him being a teacher and continuing to wrestle
- The team of Diamante , Emi Sakura & Bunny was fun. Sometimes weird combinations of wrestlers really work for me.
- Great to see Queen Aminata again. Much like Robert, Aminata has a respectable job outside wrestling, but still puts in the work (She works in the medical field. Not sure what)
- Yo Stephen Wolf hit some great moves in his match with Scorpio. Love when "jobbers" are given some shine
- Really digging Julia Hart's new attitude. I don't expect her to join The House of Black anymore, but adding some edge to her character will be good
- Dante Martin vs Aaron Solo was fun
- Acclaimed, Ass Boys vs Lee Johnson, Brock Anderson, Sydal & Moriarty was my MOTN. Like I said before, The Acclaimed & Ass Boys work as a comedy heel team. Good match.
- Chaos Project vs Best Friends was fun too. Had a smile on my face for most of the match. Love me some Chaos Project. Luther looking good too.

Rating - C+
Fun night of wrestling

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I wasn't clear enough, I get the story justification. It's just that I think it's a cheap and sloppy way to reignite the feud. A feud that's been very mishandled. Maybe I'm misremembering but I don't remember Britt ordering Jamie to try and end Thunder Rosa's career. It feels very, "Oh shit, forgot there's a PPV to sell. Time to rapidly escalate this feud "

Oh I agree on that. It's fine by me though, it could have been better but it is what it is

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
is Windham rotunda still doing his movie,I hope it's him .

I was on board with him joining last year, but given all of the other free agents out there that AEW should be prioritising far more, like Lee, Swerve, Athena, etc, and how so many long term AEW talent have been shoved aside to make way for 'bigger' stars over the last few months I'd be pretty disappointed.

I'd prefer to see him in Impact. They really need more big name stars like him, and it would help the industry overall to spread them out rather than have all of the big ex-WWE main eventers all in one place.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
Given TK's past history with surprises, it's probably going to be Flip Gordon or some shit.

What are the times there's been a disappointing payoff for a surprise?

Christian, depending on how one feels about him? Seems like minor thing to nitpick about when just last year the promotion has brought in Danielson, Punk, Cole, KOR, Black, Andrade, Ruby and a ton of people with potential lower in the card. I can understand being sour about Lethal / Fish but they weren't really advertised as anything either.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
What are the times there's been a disappointing payoff for a surprise?

Christian, depending on how one feels about him? Seems like minor thing to nitpick about when just last year the promotion has brought in Danielson, Punk, Cole, KOR, Black, Andrade, Ruby and a ton of people with potential lower in the card. I can understand being sour about Lethal / Fish but they weren't really advertised as anything either.

He didn't tease a bunch of those. A lot of those were unhyped up surprises, and Punk and Danielson were leaked by journalists ahead of time.

I'll admit I have an awful memory and can't remember specifics, but it isn't just wrestler debuts he has overhyped. Things like tournies and such too. There is a reason he has a rep for over hyping things.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
He didn't tease a bunch of those. A lot of those were unhyped up surprises, and Punk and Danielson were leaked by journalists ahead of time.

yeah I know, but I was asking what were the disappointing ones? the names I mentioned were for context in the sense that they have been providing some pretty high quality surprises overall.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Regardless, I was trying to crack a joke. I don't think it's going to be Flip Gordon, and I feel like recently he has taken the criticism over the teases on board and that he will deliver with this one.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
Regardless, I was trying to crack a joke. I don't think it's going to be Flip Gordon, and I feel like recently he has taken the criticism over the teases on board and that he will deliver with this one.

all good.

not directed at you, but the level of negativity in this thread seems to have peaked to new levels in the recent weeks so I don't really know what's what anymore.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's hope for Keith Lee or Swerve. I think everyone has the right to be disappointed if it isn't one of them.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
Let's hope for Keith Lee or Swerve. I think everyone has the right to be disappointed if it isn't one of them.

Unless Swerve had anything other than a 90-day no-compete, it can't be him yet. Released Nov 18th, so the final day of no compete would be Feb 16th which is wednesday next week (or if they count days somehow differently I guess he could be a free agent come wednesday next week.)

Could well be Lee this week, or could be someone else. They also have the multi-man ladder match coming up, and they tend to pull off some surprise in those (Brian Cage, Ethan Page, Adam Page returning) => would also be a pretty great opportunity to debut Lee.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless Swerve had anything other than a 90-day no-compete, it can't be him yet. Released Nov 18th, so the final day of no compete would be Feb 16th which is wednesday next week (or if they count days somehow differently I guess he could be a free agent come wednesday next week.)

Could well be Lee this week, or could be someone else. They also have the multi-man ladder match coming up, and they tend to pull off some surprise in those (Brian Cage, Ethan Page, Adam Page returning) => would also be a pretty great opportunity to debut Lee.
Interesting. Thought he released the same day as Keith Lee. Guess I was wrong. If it's not Keith Lee, I'm guess Juice Robinson.

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
Best wishes for your birthday EvilDead1987 - hope you were able to find some fun despite the circumstances.

Oh shit, the mystery person is someone whose name rhymes with Cage or Page

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It's Tuesday. You know what that means. ❤️

I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but it looks like nothing has been spoiled yet. I'm honestly surprised.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I think about the talent unsigned on the indies and then remember they signed Lethal and Bobby Fish. Lol.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I think about the talent unsigned on the indies and then remember they signed Lethal and Bobby Fish. Lol.
Don't get me started on the women that they've had in for Dark tapings who are KNOWN quantities in the indies as very solid workers and then did nothing with. (Trish Adora, Willow Nightengale, both of the Seastars who had that one bit on Dark that SURE MADE IT SEEM LIKE THEY HAD GOTTEN SIGNED but weren't.) Not to mention the ones who maybe haven't had the same opportunities some of those other well known women on the indies but then once they're in an AEW ring have shown they have something going on that's worth looking. (thinking Renee Michelle here off the top of my head as well as others) But then they turn around and seem to want Santanna Garret in for a spot at the bottom??? Like fucking WHAT??? Boggles my mind.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Don't get me started on the women that they've had in for Dark tapings who are KNOWN quantities in the indies as very solid workers and then did nothing with. (Trish Adora, Willow Nightengale, both of the Seastars who had that one bit on Dark that SURE MADE IT SEEM LIKE THEY HAD GOTTEN SIGNED but weren't.) Not to mention the ones who maybe haven't had the same opportunities some of those other well known women on the indies but then once they're in an AEW ring have shown they have something going on that's worth looking. (thinking Renee Michelle here off the top of my head as well as others) But then they turn around and seem to want Santanna Garret in for a spot at the bottom??? Like fucking WHAT??? Boggles my mind.

You just reminded me of how lucky we are that they didn't sign Garrett.

Status
Not open for further replies.