• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Was hoping Danhausen could just be his own person, but Tony Khan is determined to run Orange Cassidy into the ground so here we are. What a waste.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Was hoping Danhausen could just be his own person, but Tony Khan is determined to run Orange Cassidy into the ground so here we are. What a waste.

I was disappointed by it too. I'd have rather seen him kind of float around the roster solo a bit more, being an independent evil in the background of some of the less serious promo segments. Instead we get him be a bit part of a faction right from the off.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
I always thought GOD best fit was WWE. I wanted to see an GOD feud against New Day and USO's.

I also would love the surprise this week to be someone like Ninja Mack. An match against Isaiah Cassidy would be the perfect showcase.

Ninja Mack is amazing, but he wouldn't be someone AEW would announce on a show as a "huge announcement". I doubt a lot of the viewership would know who he was.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
xgq5xk3kqdg81.jpg

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Watched Rampage. Rosa vs Martinez was good up until the end. This is very pre-PPV escalation, except I don't even know if it will tie into Revolution. A DQ finish just doesn't make a lot of sense here, and if it was going to happen in any women's feud it should have been Deeb vs Shida.

Since TK doesn't seem to have a real plan, might as well make Britt defend the title in a fatal three way at Revolution. Her vs Martinez vs Rosa. Martinez can be swapped out for Hayter, either way works for me.
Why would TK not put his newest action figure next to one of the few old ones he still loves?

Last edited:

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
Watched Rampage. Rosa vs Martinez was good up until the end. This is very pre-PPV escalation, except I don't even know if it will tie into Revolution. A DQ finish just doesn't make a lot of sense here, and if it was going to happen in any women's feud it should have been Deeb vs Shida.

Since TK doesn't seem to have a real plan, might as well make Britt defend the title in a fatal three way at Revolution. Her vs Martinez vs Rosa. Martinez can be swapped out for Hayter, either way works for me.

Why would TK not put his newest action figure next to one of the few old ones he still loves?

It made sense to me... Britt hired Martinez to take out Rosa by any means necessary as Jamie wasn't doing the job. Mercedes couldn't do it in the ring so had to resort to using the pipe. That not only begins to set up Britt vs Rosa, but also builds on Jamie's growing frustration as Britt's lackey and also sets up Jamie vs Martinez in the interim.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
It made sense to me... Britt hired Martinez to take out Rosa by any means necessary as Jamie wasn't doing the job. Mercedes couldn't do it in the ring so had to resort to using the pipe. That not only begins to set up Britt vs Rosa, but also builds on Jamie's growing frustration as Britt's lackey and also sets up Jamie vs Martinez in the interim.
Yup, the promo after the match spelled it out pretty clearly and made sense.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile

I happily believe that the plan is having Rosa vs Baker for the title at Revolution, and Martinez will be the enforcer for Britt during this previous month

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Covid upended those plans. Is it back on? GCW commentary were putting over the change in plans...

Oh, I wasn't aware of that, but it makes sense.

EDIT: Looked into it a bit and someone in the Reddit live thread for the GCW show says that during the intermission they asked Mack when he leaves for NOAH and Mack said he finds out "tomorrow" (so today, I guess).

EDIT 2: Checked Mack's Twitter and he just posted that it was pushed back to April.

Last edited:

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
My guess for the surprise on Dynamite is Samoa Joe.

If Keith Lee signs, I'd use him as the surprise entrant in the ladder match at the ppv.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna run in here with a hot-take. I actively dislike the GoD enough right now that I would prefer they not be in AEW.

I don't hate them but they really don't add much and I think both of them are worse in the ring today than they were 5 years ago. Maybe its just them being put into the G1 to fill seats and really failing to deliver that soured me. Its certainly not worth "burning bridges" for.

Though I suspect he's just trying to generate some rub before the US show.

Honestly, agree with this and I was a big fan of the idea of GoD invading AEW to chase after the Bucks and Kenny (continuing the NJPW story)

Now? Just give me Haku on a legends deal and we'll keep an eye on Hikuleo.

Oct 25, 2017
ugh, this is the one thing I was hoping they weren't going to do with Danhausen. Best Friends are kinda stale and Danhausen has shown he can be amazing with a whole bunch of the roster. Hate that he's in the Best Friend box.

I feel the same, gives me big "What do we do with this guy?" vibes, but maybe that won't be the case. I'll reserve more judgment until after this week's show.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I wasn't aware of that, but it makes sense.

EDIT: Looked into it a bit and someone in the Reddit live thread for the GCW show says that during the intermission they asked Mack when he leaves for NOAH and Mack said he finds out "tomorrow" (so today, I guess).

EDIT 2: Checked Mack's Twitter and he just posted that it was pushed back to April.
Yep just came here to share his IG post about it.

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
I feel the same, gives me big "What do we do with this guy?" vibes, but maybe that won't be the case. I'll reserve more judgment until after this week's show.

Yeah I'm not a fan of Danhausen being with OC either. I'm getting vibes that Tony doesn't really know what to do with Danhausen, he just knows everyone wanted him signed and thinks he's amusing/over so he did it. Danhausen needs to be doing his own thing and randomly appearing with people all over the roster. And they at least need to explain or let him explain who he is.

I'm also leaning towards the Wednesday signing to be Samoa Joe if Kassidy's latest tweet is any sort of hint. Makes it sound like someone who has been injured or maybe near the end of their career. Has to be him, Keith or Jeff. Either way, we win as fans.

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
Danhausen with Best Friends is fine. He fits in with them and it's a good way to help get him over to the fans who might not be familiar with him.

It's not like he's gonna be wrestling anytime soon. I'd expect him to break free once he's back in the ring.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BTE feels super low effort lately. Short episodes with not much going on. Wonder if they just got tired of doing it?

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
BTE feels super low effort lately. Short episodes with not much going on. Wonder if they just got tired of doing it?

Pretty much. Nick is the one who puts it together but also has a ton of work to do. Fortunately we have some fun segments like Ryan Nemeth's stuff, the Cole/Silver/Reynolds shit, 2point0 being absolute gold, and the Dark Order being essentially the AEW scooby gang.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
It sucks that after getting the NJPW footage Roppongi Vice vs Bucks got scrapped. Even after Rocky recovered from Covid I thought it was gonna be at the Chicago show. I wonder if it was gonna lead to a build for the PPV with another Chaos member coming in to help from NJPW and plans fell.

Also in other news.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
BTE definitely has felt a bit low effort recently. I assume everyone is just busy.

Except Nemeth who is often able to come up with multiple really bad, unfunny segments a week.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
I automatically skip the Ryan Nemeth segments on BTE every week

Status
Not open for further replies.