• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
- Mox vs Yuta was a fun opener and it's nice to see Yuta getting more on TV.

- An intriguing post match segment between Mox and Bryan. I'd really love them to actually do what Bryan proposed but I'll "settle" for Mox and Bryan feuding.

- Ruby vs Nyla was better than I expected. Having a crowd that cares about women matches really helps when watching womens matches. Nyla getting the win again makes me think we are building up heel challengers for future champ Rosa.

- Jericho has to go full heel again, he can have a legit gripe but he has to be the asshole in this one. The crowd will still chant for him anyway. Either way I repeat what I said last week let's just get PnP on their own again, heel, face, it don't matter

- I wanted more talking from Jake. I get it. They're probably taking it easy with him after Covid and I'm guessing that's why Lambert is still awkwardly part of the act, just in case things go south. I'm not a fan of ignoring the rankings here but outside of actual wins, they've built up Archer the best they can in what little time they've given themselves to do this match.

- Would've been cool if PAC had lasted longer in the blindfold but hey ho. Solid match. I expected more tbh. The ending at least gives them opportunity to run it back. I feel like the House of Black should be groomed to be the next tag champions and after that you finally go with PnP.

- Fantastic PPV level match from Punk and MJF. I don't know how long they went officially but just like the first Hangman-Bryan match I never got bored, they carefully paced out their big moves and spots to keep this long match interesting. Actually yelled out holy shit at the Pepsi Plunge. The two ways MJF beat Punk were so damn good, the first one was just classic pro-wrestling ending with Bryce getting sick of MJF and pushing him into a roll up. LOL @ Bryce later calling MJF a moron. And then the second screw job with the post match reveal *chef kiss*.

- I am sad that neither Jade or HOOK are booked for Rampage.

- But I feel blessed that we get more Starks on Friday.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I forgot to note it but someone threw something at Mox while he was walking through the crowd, they cut away as he turned to look for whoever did it.

Anyone got any theories for the more recent rise in assholes in AEW crowds suddenly feeling untouchable?

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy for thinking they might swerve us and swap Punk for Mox in this angle?

Danielson talking about having people to watch each others' back fits perfectly with the end of the MJF match last night and before Bryan was officially signed, I swear I remember Punk saying he wanted a tag run with him.
I could see Danielson getting frustrated with Mox saying no - making a match for Revolution - then Danielson having backup during that match in the form of someone like Punk or Joe (if he's interested/available)

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I don't think Julia is joining HoB.

No-one else who has been sprayed has, I think it was just done to give her a reason to show another side of her, she's not going heel, she's just always been the smiley happy cheerleader, the spraying and bickering between the Blondes just gave her a character a reason to show more emotional range, which she'll need when she goes solo again or gets a big push. A good idea tbh if that's what it is, not everything has to lead to something major, it's still important character development for someone that needs it.

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
A couple of incredible, incredible, goosebumps moments last night. Sure, it bookended a bit of crap I really didn't care for, but the implications of Danielson publically airing a dream-booking scenario at the start of the show, and MJF defeating Punk soundly in his home town at the end, left me so excited. One of the best episodes of the year so far.

MJF has to be Hangman's next opponent, right? You don't have this huge momentum and not use it. I think Hangman will retain, regardless, but we might actually be looking at Wardlow screwing MJF at the PPV...

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I continue to not understand wtf Brandi and Cody are doing. It just seems so far removed from the rest of the product. Like why do you come out and shit on the town you are in when you are about to cut a promo with some of the biggest, most heated heels in the company? It feels like to try and understand where Cody and Brandi are going with things, you have to extend them the benefit of the doubt that they have self awareness about stuff, and increasingly im not so sure they do. Its just bizarre.

They're (or they think they are, or it's what they want to be) the Cena or Reigns of the show. Their characters believe they are the heroes of the show, but everybody knows this is not the case. That's why it feels so removed from the rest of the product.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Brandi calling Chicago Cleveland is also the most low effort attempt to generate heat during a promo I've ever heard. Just bottom tier stuff.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Reading back through the thread, I get the panic for a potential PVZ-Brandi PPV match but I think they're gonna repeat the Shaq match.

Pair Cody up with Brandi (the original plan for that match) and face PVZ & ??? on some Dynamite.

ieu

Oct 26, 2017
Mid Wales
Brandi calling Chicago Cleveland is also the most low effort attempt to generate heat during a promo I've ever heard. Just bottom tier stuff.

It was delivered as someone who knew they were getting booed anyway and was just going through the motions. Certainly when the crowd was chanting shut the fuck up and she goaded them in to starting back up, things just fell apart.

Compare this to when (was it?) Ethan Page was getting even louder What chants and he shut them up with masterful delivery.

If Brandi is doing this on purpose then they've failed to understand that intentional go away heat is still go away heat.
If she's not doing this on purpose then, jesus Tony, get her the fuck off TV.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Man, I doubt it'll happen but I'd love to see a faction led by Danielson and Mox with young guys. Really feels like AEW needs a new strong stable now that Inner Circle is (I assume) disbanding.

Dec 29, 2017
Moxley and Danielson should join forces. Have Moxley recruit babyfaces like Lee Moriarty and Wheeler Yuta while Danielson recruits heels like Daniel Garcia and Anthony Ogogo. Then we get the eventual split with Moxley's side vs Danielson's side.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, that was 12 months ago? What the fuck is time anymore.

I did not see that angle coming from anywhere, but jesus christ give me that faction right meow. Pretty much all the stables now are boring as shit, I need something fresh.
Just a team without any gimmicks and just straight up pure wrestlers. Yes! Yes! Yes!

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Moxley and Danielson should join forces. Have Moxley recruit babyfaces like Lee Moriarty and Wheeler Yuta while Danielson recruits heels like Daniel Garcia and Anthony Ogogo. Then we get the eventual split with Moxley's side vs Danielson's side.
So what you're seeing is we'll get Cobra Kai vs Miyagi-Do. Also screw Ogogo there has to be another young promising heel that isn't a shoot heel.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus, that was 12 months ago? What the fuck is time anymore.

I did not see that angle coming from anywhere, but jesus christ give me that faction right meow. Pretty much all the stables now are boring as shit, I need something fresh.

Yes. aew made great changes from when it started, but has settled into a very boring place. It's hard to believe we are getting an inner circle team meeting next week.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
This thread at one point last year: "there's too many factions."

This thread now: "yes give me that Bryan/Mox faction!"

That's how you know this is a fantastic idea. Also, hasn't Jade been training with Bryan? How about bringing Jade in as the heater?

edit: oh shit you know who would be really cool to see taken under Bryan's wing? Janai Kai!

Last edited:

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City

34YBzph.gif

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
A fantastic Gif of Thunder Rosa from her promotions latest show. They're really worth checking out if you like women's wrestling.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Listening to POST and they say that the tape choke + tape discovery spot in the main event was something that Punk did in a match in ROH against Jimmy Rave.

I guess that was Punk's little tribute to the man.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hey folk! We're not doing contests for "Guess what matches will be at the PPV!" anymore, but I'd still like to encourage folk to guess! Just for fun! With four Dynamites left before the PPV, we're officially in the build to Revolution 2022.

Pick 9+ matches, including at least 2 women's matches, that you think will be at Revolution and include the hashtag #AEWRevolution2022 so others can search through them.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
The Brandi and Lambert segment tastes worse the day after. Who am I supposed to care about and cheer for in a match between Brandi and PVS? Who am I supposed to cheer for in a Brandi and Lambert promo exchange? Do I support Lambert's sexism or Brandi's narcissism? Just a "WTF are you thinking with this" segment. Who booked this crap? Have PVS take on a mid-tier babyface who can take an L but still feel like they're getting their profile raised in the process (Red Velvet?...boxing background to at least make it interesting by booking mixed martial artist vs. boxer?) But Brandi? Why? How does this help anyone? Is Brandi going to "carry" PVS to a serviceable match? Come on, man.

Legit filth and not what I want on my TV. If it pops a number, though, I'm not sure how I'm gonna feel. LOL

They could pivot to Brandi & Velvet vs PVZ & Hirsch...

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Emi Sakura: I only had one [AEW Dark] match last month, and that made me depressed that I was no good anymore.

For context, this is her account to explain AEW to Japanese fans that are not familiar with the company and how it works. This is the start of a long thread where she's explaining the large number of wrestlers at a taping, how some of them don't get wrestle, and how some fill in last minute during a card change. Which inherently very different from how Japanese shows are put together, where rosters are much smaller and everyone has a pre-assigned match. She ends the thread by pointing out that the more famous wrestlers have fewer number of matches.

Careful about taking this account at face value in English. Between translation errors and the context of differences between Japanese wrestling and American wrestling, it could easily get blown out of proportion.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
This thread at one point last year: "there's too many factions."

This thread now: "yes give me that Bryan/Mox faction!"

That's how you know this is a fantastic idea. Also, hasn't Jade been training with Bryan? How about bringing Jade in as the heater?

edit: oh shit you know who would be really cool to see taken under Bryan's wing? Janai Kai!

Lol it is true though. Right now the state of factions is much better. They're around, but they're not the focus of the shows anymore. I'm really liking that

Status
Not open for further replies.