• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superplex

Nov 4, 2017
<3
Before we start calling people weird sexists, maybe we can put a little more thought into the possible reasons that some have an aversion to male on female violence, scripted or otherwise

Like, there are very real and serious reasons that some people find those kinds of images discomforting

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Hostility
Before we start calling people weird sexists, maybe we can put a little more thought into the possible reasons that some have an aversion to male on female violence, scripted or otherwise

Like, there are very real and serious reasons that some people find those kinds of images discomforting
No. Seriously, fuck off with this shit. This is so insulting and sexist. Just get the fuck out of here comparing WOMEN'S JOBS to abuse. Absolutely disgusting. In one swoop, you hold women back in wrestling while also insulting millions who suffer from actual abuse.

What a day for several dudes in this thread to reveal how little they actually think of women.

Superplex

Nov 4, 2017
<3
No. Seriously, fuck off with this shit. This is so insulting and sexist. Just get the fuck out of here comparing WOMEN'S JOBS to abuse. Absolutely disgusting. In one swoop, you hold women back in wrestling while also insulting millions who suffer from actual abuse.

What a day for several dudes in this thread to reveal how little they actually think of women.

Never said it shouldn't exist or that others shouldn't be allowed to enjoy it, but I guess since it personally makes me uncomfortable based on my own life experiences, I don't care about women

But hey, thanks for telling me that the PTSD I have from witnessing violent domestic abuse when I was a child is not a valid reason for me to be triggered by such things...really cool thing for you to do

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Woo tonight's the night! My first AEW show, and I'll be sitting next to MJF's family...should be interesting!

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Never said it shouldn't exist or that others shouldn't be allowed to enjoy it, but I guess since it personally makes me uncomfortable based on my own life experiences, I don't care about women

But hey, thanks for telling me that the PTSD I have from witnessing violent domestic abuse when I was a child is not a valid reason for me to be triggered by such things...really cool thing for you to do
Domestic abuse is abhorrent and a plague and your trauma and feelings are valid, but projecting that on Shida and further on an entire women's profession is objectively sexist and unacceptable.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know that he would, but I did think he was perfect all around for the show. Hopefully he gets on the show and we get some cross promo out of it.
Yeah can imagine him becoming a fan favorite if he makes it on.
Call backs are usually based on if they can make a good segment out a contestant, not talent. Heck when I worked for one of these shows we did a call back just so we could follow a guy doing his day job and to his home to see how he lived, with the intention of making fun of him on national TV. When the producers found out the contestant was disabled and realized what we had done, the tone changed. It was awful.

I'm not saying Marko isn't talented. I'm just saying these talent shows are awful.
While I can see them joking about wrestling, I can also see them making a feel good story out of someone Marko's size who followed his dreams to become a wrestler and didn't give up despite everything stacked against him. I will agree the talent shows are generally terrible overall. Does The Voice do segments where they make fun of the bad singers trying to make it on early on? I don't think I've watched it since like the first season.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
I'm with bluexy on this. Domestic violence and intergender wrestling should not be compared to at all. One is a horrible crime with no consent, the other is a wrestling match.

Your personal feelings on the matter is one thing, and is valid. To impose it on the sport is another.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trent sighting. This guy is a pretty enjoyable interviewer from what I've seen of him with other talent.

Superplex

Nov 4, 2017
<3
Domestic abuse is abhorrent and a plague and your trauma and feelings are valid, but projecting that on Shida and further on an entire women's profession is objectively sexist and unacceptable.

Please don't tell me my feelings are valid and then immediately misrepresent what I'm saying in an effort to paint me as a sexist.

I made ZERO statement on the performers or the profession or anyone who actually does enjoy those spots and the only comparison I made was on a purely visual level.

All I said is that those kinds of images, in any setting or type of media, are a psychological trigger for me and possibly for others as well. I'm sorry that my brain works like that, but whatever.

I'll stop clogging the thread now.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Please don't tell me my feelings are valid and then immediately misrepresent what I'm saying in an effort to paint me as a sexist.

I made ZERO statement on the performers or the profession or anyone who actually does enjoy those spots and the only comparison I made was on a purely visual level.

All I said is that those kinds of images, in any setting or type of media, are a psychological trigger for me and possibly for others as well. I'm sorry that my brain works like that, but whatever.

I'll stop clogging the thread now.
My bad then. We were having a conversation where multiple people said they weren't supportive of intergender wrestling and drew parallels between it and domestic abuse. You joining into that conversation led me to believe that was the point you were making, too. If you were just sharing a personal comment, and not lending support to the idea that we shouldn't have intergender wrestling, then I apologize.

Oct 27, 2017
I never want to see intergender wrestling unless they're close in body type to whoever they're wrestling OR if it's someone that you know could fuck up their opponent in real life. Like I fully believe Serena Deeb or Leyla Hirsch could stick half the male roster's heads up their own asses if they really wanted to.

NWA's Kamille could probably out power a bunch of AEW's wrestlers and throw them around like sacks of shit. Jade Cargill and Nyla Rose don't even need an excuse. I'm sure those two could break a bitch in half regardless of gender. But even then I'm not sure any of them would be allowed to wrestle men on TV. Chyna and I think Daffney were the last ones allowed to do that right? Or were there more in TNA.

Ronda Rousey on the PPV did something to HHH? That might be the last one I remember since I started re-watching wrestling.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
This may be a controversial post, but I'm all for letting wrasslers wrassle the matches/style they want to wrassle.

It's nice to have an update on Mox. I wanted to ask last week but thought better of it. He doesn't owe us an update and he certainly deserves his privacy.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. You think AEW will make a hardcore championship?

Nah, but I think it might have made sense since they're in Long Island and he'd be super over with the crowd.
Then again he's with TNA so I don't know if it'd be even possible. I think his run in AEW might have been very different if they had had the crowds around.

Luschient

Oct 30, 2017
Jesus Christ bluexy , literally prefaced my post with the fact I support intergender wrestling, but now I'm sexist for not caring to see a dude welt up a woman's chest? Fuck outta here with that.

Oct 25, 2017
community-donald-glover.gif

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LOL What? How do you know you'll be next to them? Pretty rad. Haha. Have a great time! We'll probably see you on camera!

My co-worker who I am going with grew up as MJF's neighbor and used to be his baby sitter. So our seats got moved to the family comp section with his family. MJF's girlfriend is a smokeshow by the way haha.

Fatalah

Sep 17, 2021
My co-worker who I am going with grew up as MJF's neighbor and used to be his baby sitter. So our seats got moved to the family comp section with his family. MJF's girlfriend is a smokeshow by the way haha.

That's fantastic! I'll be attending tonight too!

This will be my first live wrestling show in like 20 years. I think my last one was Nitro at Nassau Coliseum in 1998.

Excited to see the new UBS Arena! Excited to see AEW live, the company that has brought me so much joy through the pandemic. Can't wait!

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ bluexy , literally prefaced my post with the fact I support intergender wrestling, but now I'm sexist for not caring to see a dude welt up a woman's chest? Fuck outta here with that.
That's what happens when you get chopped and wrestlers wear them as badges of honor??? So I'm still failing to see the bad part here for Shida.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With Trent showing up in that interview earlier, I think there is a good chance he comes back tonight.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
With Trent showing up in that interview earlier, I think there is a good chance he comes back tonight.
I'm really hoping so. i got my hopes way up when they said "bring your two best guys!" and then those were dashed when it showed rocky on the card.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably too early for wrestling, at least. Ciampa was out about 8 months after he had his surgery. Not sure if Trent's was the exact same one, but it's less than 6 months since he had his.
Ah thought it's been longer. Wouldn't be surprised if he comes out with them atleast and maybe throws a punch to stop interference.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
I saw a fan walking into the arena last week for the Dynamite show in Atlanta, and he was holding a "Sign Flip Gordon" sign

I wanted to dropkick him in the nuts

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a fan walking into the arena last week for the Dynamite show in Atlanta, and he was holding a "Sign Flip Gordon" sign

Did you see the guy with the "MJF voted for Biden" sign?

Some real winners out there.

Dude in line near us going in was bitching about Riho to his daughter who loved her...

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
Well it's been fun guys but I'm outta here.

All I said was I felt uneasy at seeing a guy welt up a woman's chest and not being a fan of intergender matches outside of mixed tag: nothing at all about not having women compete in hardcore matches or holding them back, nothing imo that could ever be conceived as sexist. People just took a simple sentence or two and blew it out of all proportion, purely because they can't handle someone having a different opinion to them (even on something as trivial as professional wrestling).

This is literally the only social media where I engage online and I enjoy reading people's takes and finding out news. 99.9% of you are great and I've always tried to be respectful of everyone's views but I'm not going to stand for someone trying to silence people having a very respectful dialogue by throwing round vicious and harmful labels with reckless abandon. Words matter.

I'd been considering whether I should continue engaging with Reset for reasons outside the site, but today really made that choice crystal clear.

Last edited:

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Dude in line near us going in was bitching about Riho to his daughter who loved her...
Half the country are just terrible people. Unfortunately that extends to everything. 2016 and 2020 made that overwhelmingly clear.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

Yup I saw him and his sign

Little did he know that the joke was on him instead of MJF…….

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
The hell is going on in here?

I am completely pro inter-gender matches but its completely reasonable for people to be uncomfortable with them. Ive seen some bangers at indy shows and have no issue with it at all given that this is all fake fightin and I think performers should be allowed to do whatever they feel they want to do. LU is the only semi-mainstream rasslin promotion I can think of that has done them - and there is a reason for that.

But Like my wife is 100% freaked out by them.

It's performance - but there are a reason trigger warnings are a thing. Like, my wife doesn't watch certain shows or movies for extremely similar reasons. I think its a little dismissive to say its sexist to not want to experience something that could really upset or trigger you. Now trying to ban intergender matches is different and starts hewing into preventing folks from earning a living doing what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.