• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Man everyone us down on Tay v Britt and I loved it. Those ladies were bumping their asses off.

I think Tay came off as the strongest booked woman against Britt to date.

I do think they need to let Britt operate with Jayme. Just have Jayme turn on her and Britt go over regardless.

Oct 27, 2017
Really liked Omega vs Page, Punk vs Kingston MJF vs Darby and Danielson vs Miro a lot

The tag title and women matches were decent.

Cody/PAC vs Andrade/Black had a weird dynamic

The six man and the ten man matches were just too much. You should have one of those kinds of matches at most on a card. Both felt disjointed and clunky.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still just dumbfounded by the signing of Jay Lethal. This is a guy who has been accused of not just workplace sexual harassment but punishing women who didn't submit to his sexual harassment in the workplace over the past several years. One of the accusers say that there remain several women in the ROH lockerroom with accusation against Lethal that have yet to come forward.

Here's what's been said publically.

In 2018, Taeler Hendrix accused Jay Lethal of telling her he'd sabotage her career and take her off TV if she didn't sleep with him. She was, at the time, removed from TV. Lethal's response was that the allegations were false and that a ROH investigation would find him innocent. It would later be alleged that ROH denied ever hearing about these allegations and that it never performed an investigation. (Source)

In 2020, former ROH Women of Honor champion Kelly Klein would come forward, saying that Jay Lethal was accused by "MULTIPLE women" of sexual harassment and sexual misconduct. Further, she says that ROH covered up this behavior to protect him. Lethal, again, denied all accusations. (Source)

In 2021, Kelly Klein filed a lawsuit against ROH, Sinclair Broadcasting, and Jay Lethal accusing the wrestler of sexual harassment going back to 2017. Klein described Lethal as "leering at her in a way that made Klein uncomfortable" and "asking her questions about whether her boyfriend was there, if she was staying in the hotel alone and how long she would be at the hotel." Klein claims that in January 2017, Shipmen was assigned to the ROH women's wrestlers as an agent and that she told ROH about "several situations with [Lethal] that made her uncomfortable to work with." Klein later learned that Shipmen had been made aware of his sexual harassment complaints about him and that he was sharing this information with other male wrestlers at ROH. ROH would say in in 2018 that no investigation followed these allegations.

In 2019, Klein alleges that management at ROH "did not want her to go to training because [Lethal] would be there."

As far as I'm able to tell, Klein's lawsuit hasn't been seen in court yet, nor has it been resolved out of court.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still just dumbfounded by the signing of Jay Lethal. This is a guy who has been accused of not just workplace sexual harassment but punishing women who didn't submit to his sexual harassment in the workplace over the past several years. One of the accusers say that there remain several women in the ROH lockerroom with accusation against Lethal that have yet to come forward.

yeah, he doesn't seem like a dude that has much upside and he carries a ton of baggage. I hope AEW at least did a proper investigation before signing him but I have serious doubts so I'll probably be stuck in the "feeling weird about seeing Jay Lethal on TV" for a long time

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
AEW's racking up quite the roster of problematic employees, which sucks given their original goal of making AEW for everyone…which I guess now includes people with sexual assault allegations against them.

If Marty comes back, I'm out.

Oct 27, 2017
The way things are going this man is going to be the next challenger for the TNT Title.

Joey-Ryan-e1559029575740.jpg

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
Jay Lethal's only notable achievement is impersonating people far more talented then he is. He sucks as a wrestler and sounds like a real scumbag.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Man everyone us down on Tay v Britt and I loved it. Those ladies were bumping their asses off.

I think Tay came off as the strongest booked woman against Britt to date.

I do think they need to let Britt operate with Jayme. Just have Jayme turn on her and Britt go over regardless.

I'm sad almost everyone is down on the women's match. The finish was a bit flat but Tay worked her ass off and busted out 2 new moves. She also countered the Lockjaw multiple times. I didn't mind DMD kicking out of Tay's finishers to build her up as unstoppable ala Omega & Miro before she loses the title to Thunder Rosa.

Last edited:

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia

Here's what's been said publically.

In 2018, Taeler Hendrix accused Jay Lethal of telling her he'd sabotage her career and take her off TV if she didn't sleep with him. She was, at the time, removed from TV. Lethal's response was that the allegations were false and that a ROH investigation would find him innocent. It would later be alleged that ROH denied ever hearing about these allegations and that it never performed an investigation. (Source)

In 2020, former ROH Women of Honor champion Kelly Klein would come forward, saying that Jay Lethal was accused by "MULTIPLE women" of sexual harassment and sexual misconduct. Further, she says that ROH covered up this behavior to protect him. Lethal, again, denied all accusations. (Source)

In 2021, Kelly Klein filed a lawsuit against ROH, Sinclair Broadcasting, and Jay Lethal accusing the wrestler of sexual harassment going back to 2017. Klein described Lethal as "leering at her in a way that made Klein uncomfortable" and "asking her questions about whether her boyfriend was there, if she was staying in the hotel alone and how long she would be at the hotel." Klein claims that in January 2017, Shipmen was assigned to the ROH women's wrestlers as an agent and that she told ROH about "several situations with [Lethal] that made her uncomfortable to work with." Klein later learned that Shipmen had been made aware of his sexual harassment complaints about him and that he was sharing this information with other male wrestlers at ROH. ROH would say in in 2018 that no investigation followed these allegations.

In 2019, Klein alleges that management at ROH "did not want her to go to training because [Lethal] would be there."

As far as I'm able to tell, Klein's lawsuit hasn't been seen in court yet, nor has it been resolved out of court.

Even if the allegations are false (and if the ACH incident hadn't happened) why would Tony take the risk? They already have half a dozen midcard veterans. It's like the EVPs said we should sign our old mate Lethal with ROH shutting down and Tony just said yes without thinking about it. If any of the AEW women are uncomfortable with him being there it's too late because he's got a contract. Tony either has to ignore backlash or fire Lethal and have egg on his face.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed the Tay vs Britt match, Tay is gonna be one of the best women on the roster in like a year. She's got the moves, she's got the look, she's just all around great. Her only issue is legit just that she seems to hesitate between moves so that Britt match had this kind of stop and start feeling. But she'll get past that in time and then that's when you throw a belt on her.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017

Key thing about the lawsuit is that Lethal isn't actually a party in it => regardless of how it plays out there doesn't seem to be a scenario where Lethal would/could be found guilty of anything within its confines - it's about whether or not ROH fulfilled their responsibilities (including whether or not they dealt with the accusations about Lethal appropriately.)

Ergo, from that perspective there's no "risk" for AEW in this case, as it seems highly unlikely that atleast within the context of that lawsuit it would be demonstrated that Lethal factually did something. If Klein or Hendrix or someone else were to sue Lethal directly, that would be a different thing (and probably would have had an effect on whether or not Khan ended up hiring him.)

The more immediate thing to me is whether this has an effect on the backstage morale, particularly for women. But even then it's worth pointing out that a ton of people seem to like Lethal quite a bit, so the "oh, he would never do that"-type of perspective might be prevalent backstage. If more accusations are made public, this could of course change as well.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
AEW's racking up quite the roster of problematic employees, which sucks given their original goal of making AEW for everyone…which I guess now includes people with sexual assault allegations against them.

TK looking jealously at Ospreay and TJP.

Also I hear Jimmy Havoc is a pretty decent hardcore wrestler looking for work...

On a more serious note. They need black talent urgently, especially wrestlers who can slot right into main event status. I'm unsure on if he has exclusivity with NJPW, but ACH could have been looked at. Jonathan Gresham literally just got released and I'm sure TK could convince him to go to AEW over being in Impact to be with Grace.

And if he is willing to wait 90 days (and he has waited long enough for big star black wrestlers so what the hell right?) he could get Keith Lee.

It's frustrating. Bobby Fish, Santana Garrett getting big spots, and now Lethal.

Edit: FUCK. I keep seeing this thread bumped and forget about the new one. Sorry :(

Last edited:

Protome

Oct 27, 2017

It's disappointing but not surprising. I mean, the opener for the PPV was a Darby match...

At this rate we're gonna have to hope Velveteen Dream isn't friends with anyone in The Elite.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
He was set to be the Exalted one at the end of 2019...
I think the point being made is that he never actually joined AEW as he decided to go to ROH instead.

Of course he was planned to come in and have a big role but if he had done, he would have been gone as soon as speaking out happened because they have scrubbed him out entirely from BTE IIRC so it shows how serious they were about not being associated with him.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I think the point being made is that he never actually joined AEW as he decided to go to ROH instead.
This is ignoring the context of now, tho. That was still the plan regardless and he no longer has that commitment. Guy's popping up in Germany wrestling on shows again. Rivenblade's concern stands as far as I'm concerned and isn't so far fetched if they're courting Letahl.

Besides the poster I'm responding to has been dismissive of Fish being Qanon and told us in the discord he doesn't care about wrestlers lives outside of their ringwork. Pretty toxic attitude to have within the fandom in my personal opinion as it enables some pretty heinous shit in the name of folks being "over" for as much as that fake shit is worth.

EDIT: Move the discussion to the new thread BTW.

plagiarize close this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.