• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Fenix is just ridiculously good and that moment was a legit "Holy shit!!!" Moment.

I don't know, I think there is a chance they will have them win. It could go either way though but should be an absolute banger so can't wait for it.
Oh definitely, no matter what it's going to be one hell of a match.
My only real worry about that match is that Fenix does something too crazy and breaks all his bones or something.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
- FTR vs PnP was my MOTN... but only because I was more invested in the outcome than the main event.
- It was cool seeing Punk, Darby & Sting fighting together. Garcia & 2.0 are getting high profile matches and segments.
- Fantastic promo from MJF. Tony lol.
- OC vs Evans was solid. No-sell on the finish by the commercial break.
- Great promos from Kingston & Miro. Shame it didn't get a longer build. Mox doing his best to sell the Kojima match. Great Darby promo.
- Hobbs vs Cage was good.
- Great Black promo. Gunn Club heel turn was fun. Interesting that QT wasn't behind it. DMD trolling.
- Ford vs Conti was good. Anna! Anna! Anna! Wouldn't mind a Rosa vs Nyla rematch.
- Jurassic Express & Lucha Bros vs Elite was great. Cool cage preview. Barring shenanigans I think the Lucha Bros win at All Out.

Cogniferous

Oct 27, 2017
England
Really enjoyed the show, I thought every match was entertaining. The best matches bookended Dynamite but the rest were all good to great and had their moments. Put me in the camp of Tay Conti converts. The Darby / Punk confrontation was electric too, really excited to see what they do. The cage shenanigans were stupid but helps to sell the stipulation.

I've not bought an AEW PPV before but this'll be the first.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
John Pollock during the Post Wrestling Review-a-Dynamite pod (paraphrase):

"Pac can't make it to All Out because of travel issues. I think there was a missed opportunity here. They should have promoted the match going into All Out, ran the video package before the match, had Andrade come out, then announce that Pac couldn't be there, and have Andrade lose in 26 seconds to Billy Gunn."

LOL

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

"Pac can't make it to All Out because of travel issues. I think there was a missed opportunity here. They should have promoted the match going into All Out, ran the video package before the match, had Andrade come out, then announce that Pac couldn't be there, and have Andrade lose in 26 seconds to Billy Gunn."

LOL
Come on, dont do that with Billy Gunn. You do that with THE AMERICAN DRAGON.

Count_Danielson.jpg

Protome

Oct 27, 2017

LOL
Surely you'd use Colten Gunn for that, not Billy. To further cement his undefeated streak.

AEW: "Christian Cage is undefeated in AEW, so he gets multiple shots against Kenny"

pxLJmNL.png

Me: "GIVE THE REAL CHAMP A CHANCE."
e5ZBhQq.png

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
That main event was awesome and wild. It went from a PWG match to NWO post-match.

I LOVED seeing Hobbs win. I thought Cage would get his win setting up a Starks rematch but strap a rocket to Team Taz and go instead. I don't care if Cage gets his retribution.

Luschient

Oct 30, 2017
Matt Lee is ridiculously over at my house now after we decided he's "2015 Biff" from Back to the Future 2.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
We got trolled by Space last night.

Everybody was sure that Dynamite was going live after their social media campaign. They had done this usual campaign of "we hear you" and "if this thing gets to 5000 likes Dynamite is going LIVE". Then when it wasnt live people started to ask in social media why was that. Their answer was that they got 5000 likes on the twitter and facebook posts, but not on Instagram, lmao.

Then they showed The Marine 6.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

Everybody was sure that Dynamite was going live after their social media campaign. They had done this usual campaign of "we hear you" and "if this thing gets to 5000 likes Dynamite is going LIVE". Then when it wasnt live people started to ask in social media why was that. Their answer was that they got 5000 likes on the twitter and facebook posts, but not on Instagram, lmao.

What is this nonsense. What a way to run a media company. LOL

Unrelated

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I think they've had one of their better weeks with the women's division. The drip feeding of new entrants through the week, the multiple segments last night and the matches through the week has me excited for the matches on Sunday.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Highlights of the night
-The fucking Black promo
-The CM Punk/Sting/2.0/Garcia segment.
-The main event, which was reminiscent of those classic WWE Raw 6 man main events in that everyone gets over and it's a super fun match

Lowlights of the night
-Will Hobbs and Brian Cage. I like Will a lot.... but i kinda now know why they don't have him wrestle on TV much. If anything, it's a testament to how AEW works- they try to highlight your strengths and mask your weaknesses, and Will basically has every else down now... he just needs an opportunity to work 10+ minute matches every week. Hopefully, the new format for Dark will allow for things like this
-Paul White and Billy Gunn. Chair Shots to the head in 2021. Stop that. Also, this was a segment right off of WWE TV, and as AEW doesn't do many of those, it really felt jarring and out of place. I really hope they aren't making this match longer than 5 minutes
-The main event angle was effective... but there is zero chance that Christian is beating Kenny, so it felt really strange to do something like that where the Heels are that vicious and that dominant, when he's going to be pinning the dude with a One Winged Angel on Sunday?

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Re: Kenny not liking losers. I said this a couple of years ago - or last year I can't remember - I think and I know it's more wishful thinking on my part, even unwarranted nostalgia-led fan booking, but I'd like to see a return of The Cleaner in full NJPW character - look/theme and all - before Kenny is done as a heel (though as I also said, I can see why it also doesn't make sense for Kenny to go back to the well of an old character entirely when he has this one to work with which already possesses some of those elements).

Unhinged Kenny reacting to the Bucks losing their titles (and even the Good Bros losing theirs wherever that happens) and going on a one-man psychotic wrecking path desperately clinging to his gold before his ultimate demise at the hands of Hangman would be an almost poetic way for this Elite story to end if it did come full circle to The Cleaner making a full return. They tickle the pickle a tiny bit here and there with references that it could theoretically be an easy transition.

I think this might make more sense if they end up collaborating with NJPW/Bullet Club more for angles as a new story chapter involving The Elite and past/present folks before the whole thing comes crumbling down but that's a tougher thing to implement until traveling is way easier. Gotta resolve this current thread first anyway.

This is just a roundabout way of wanting to see Devil's Sky return, hehe.

/random fan-booking musings

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
If QT vs. Paul Wight inches into the six and seven minute territory for match length, they'll have made a mistake. Should definitely be five minutes max, or 3 minutes or under in an ideal world. We'll see. Just have QT be a little shit and have Paul Wight choke slam him or knock him out in quick order. We don't need too many bells and whistles, though I wonder if there will be Factory involvement at some point. Eh. Not gonna worry about it too much. I'm assuming TK understands the fans' expectations and appetite for this feud. I'd be shocked if we got an excessive Bret and Vince-style beating that loses the audience because it goes on for too long.

Last edited:

Juanster

Oct 27, 2017
I was a CM Punk fan when he was in WWE and have not tuned into AEW all that much until now. Why am I supposed to care about him facing Darby? Where is the build-up, what is the story? just that CM Punk thinks Darby is cool or something?

I'm sure the steak will taste fine, but I want that sizzle.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I was a CM Punk fan when he was in WWE and have not tuned into AEW all that much until now. Why am I supposed to care about him facing Darby? Where is the build-up, what is the story? just that CM Punk thinks Darby is cool or something?

He joined AEW because the company is hot and has a tonne of fresh and exciting younger talent that he wants to face off against.

Darby is at the top of his list and so he wants to not only go against him but also prove to himself that he can still go.

He isn't gonna have some hot feud fueled by history so having him go against one of the companies most popular younger talents is perfectly fine and encapsulates AEWs ideology of using older, established stars to give the rub to younger wrestlers.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

<Britt Baker taking notes>

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017

the story is "old guy returning to the ring wants to find out if he's still able to go, not by working dark matches defeating jobbers, but instead by going right after one of the (kayfabe) craziest wrestlers in the biz"

could have more to it for sure but it works well enough for a fast build.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
On another note that's not AEW-related, the situation with Daffney is really heartbreaking

I was so pumped to see her career get revitalized back in the TNA days, and to see things turn south for her ever since her injuries occurred (and TNA apparently fucking her over when it came to covering her medical bills) has been terrible to witness

I hope she gets the help that she needs

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Trying to think of the Billy promo that makes sense of his turn on Wight. I'm guessing he gets frustrated that Paul Wight gets to be on a PPV just because he wants to while him and his sons have been doing the work and have built up impressive records, yet they still can barely get on Dynamite…or something along those lines.

Oct 27, 2017
They need to end this Brian Cage/Team Taz feud. Or at least move it to the back burner and let both parties move on to something else. I might be biased though because Cage does nothing for me but I love the rest of Team Taz and want them to be doing bigger things.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
IMO, Punk and Darby has a great story.

Punk inspired to return to wrestling in part because of the young talent. Darby has caught his eye the most. So he wants to wrestle Darby. Not just that, he wants to see if he can still go, so who better than against one of the young stars.

Really doesn't need anything more than that. It'll have a hot crowd behind it. I'm confident they're going to work a good match. It's going to be great

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I would love it if the Young Bucks lose their belts, that causes Kenny to push them away and then Kenny pushing his friends away leads him to finally facing off against Ibushi Hangman. It'd be very fitting.

Or, you have him want to keep the Bucks close but Callis tries to convince him to push them away, and Kenny finally turns on Callis.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
On another note that's not AEW-related, the situation with Daffney is really heartbreaking

I was so pumped to see her career get revitalized back in the TNA days, and to see things turn south for her ever since her injuries occurred (and TNA apparently fucking her over when it came to covering her medical bills) has been terrible to witness

I hope she gets the help that she needs
I learned earlier in the evening last night before Dynamite it was suicide awareness month all September. Mostly as a campaign being carried out by suicide prevention lifeline to help folks know there's resources for them if they need help. Seeing that news after Dynamite was a bummer. I'm not familiar with Daffney's work but the whole thing reminds me a lot of what happened with Hana. My heart goes out to her loved ones and fans concerned for her.

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a new BR app? I don't see anything on my Fire Stick.

In the Help section of Bleacher Report it states:
#AEWAllOut will be live on PPV on Sun, Sept. 5, at 8e/5p. US and Canada fans can purchase AEW All Out on Bleacher Report– available on B/R mobile apps and supported connected devices including Roku, and FireTV and Xbox – both available Friday.

BTW - I've seen the new BR app on Roku. It's super barebones. Literally just a splash page that houses whatever purchases you made on BR Live in the past. No other videos or past AEW Dynamite content, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.