• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was fine as long as they quarantined upon arrival for 2 weeks. I'd be surprised if they didn't allow people to go back and forth, especially with a large amount of NJPW talent being in the US for upcoming shows.
Allow me to rephrase -- I don't think we're getting anyone from AEW in the G1 this year.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Goddamn I cannot wait for Hobbs and Hook to tag. I hope Hook pans out in the ring because those 2 have a fucking LOOK man.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hook has been busting out some submissions lately. Wonder if his in ring is a grounded submission based style? Can't imagine him doing any high flying moves lol.

Last edited:

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
People who could theoretically turn up tonight

Ruby Soho(makes sense for her to be the joker though)
Adam Cole(not sure what benefit there is to this unless you want to give someone on the roster a match at the ppv)
Buddy Murphy(rumored to be signing with Impact, but would be a potential match for Aleister Black at All Out)
Braunn Strowman(again rumored to be signing with Impact, seems to be a shithead)
Lana(before I wanted her to come in with Miro, but now he's perfect on his own and I don't think she'd add much to his act)
Ric Flair(he's in Chicago and confirmed to be there to watch Andrade's match, recently said he might be sitting down to have a drink with TK)

Of those the only debut I could see happening before All Out is CJ Perry (Lana). I expect Flair, Soho and Danielson to debut at All Out. Not sure where Cole will debut but probably some time after All Out to space big debuts out more and I don't see Murphy or Strowman getting signed by AEW. Strowman especially because quite frankly I doubt they would even want him. Dude has a bad attitude and was never all that good anyway IMO. The moment WWE got bigger and/or better big men they dumped him. One thing WWE can not only book but book better than most companies these days is big men so if they couldn't figure out something for you that says something. I see Murphy signing with Impact for sure and probably Strowman as well.

Im curious to see how well Punk can go Sunday. I missed Punk's WWE run at the time but upon revisiting many of his matches from that run I haven't been overly impressed. That said, he had some killer matches in ROH but that was maybe 16 years ago? I'm so curious what we get from him on Sunday.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
As for the smiling woman next to MJF, I remember having a match on AEW Dark. After a bit, I found her:

She's Savannah Thorne.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of those the only debut I could see happening before All Out is CJ Perry (Lana). I expect Flair, Soho and Danielson to debut at All Out. Not sure where Cole will debut but probably some time after All Out to space big debuts out more and I don't see Murphy or Strowman getting signed by AEW. Strowman especially because quite frankly I doubt they would even want him. Dude has a bad attitude and was never all that good anyway IMO. I see Murphy signing with Impact for sure and probably Strowman as well.

Im curious to see how well Punk can go Sunday. I missed Punk's WWE run at the time but upon revisiting many of his matches from that run I haven't been overly impressed. That said, he had some killer matches in ROH but that was maybe 16 years ago? I'm so curious what we get from him on Sunday.

I could see them bringing in Murphy for a short deal similar to Zach Ryder for a few matches. Have him come and finish his feud with Black with Black going over. Punk was injured, hurting badly, and hating WWE at the end of his run so I don't think it's good to judge him based on those. WWE just seems like a bad place in general to have great matches. Take away NXT and there has been, what, 1 5 star match in the last decade there? I do think with Punk it's always been the overall package with him though. His in ring is good and he is stellar on the mic. I expect the match with Darby to get 4.25-4.5 stars from Meltzer unless something goes wrong.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I could see them bringing in Murphy for a short deal similar to Zach Ryder for a few matches. Have him come and finish his feud with Black with Black going over. Punk was injured, hurting badly, and hating WWE at the end of his run so I don't think it's good to judge him based on those. WWE just seems like a bad place in general to have great matches. Take away NXT and there has been, what, 1 5 star match in the last decade there? I do think with Punk it's always been the overall package with him though. His in ring is good and he is stellar on the mic. I expect the match with Darby to get 4.25-4.5 stars from Meltzer unless something goes wrong.
Yeah that makes sense.
I'd love to see Murphy vs Omega just to see how they'd play off each other.

If Darby doesn't literally kill himself and Punk isn't too rusty it should be a great match.

So if I wanted to watch All Out on my TV and don't mind the US $50 fee what's the easiest way to do it?
Buy the PPV off B/R live
Stream via B/R Live app on my Series S?

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I want Andrade to bring back that heel Foley gimmick where him and Flair were feuding and Foley's publicly stated goal was to have the worst match possible.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Even then, announcing a match with zero build the week of the PPV generally isn't AEW's style (not saying they would never do it but it's unlikely). Pre-existing feud or not I would be surprised if they did that. Also considering how friendly Impact and AEW are if Murphy signs with Impact they could just do Murphy vs Black down the road and with a better build than if they were to quickly slap it together this week. If anything gets added to the PPV card this week it'll probably involve Orange Cassidy and the Hardy Family Office as that's the only ongoing feud with big names they could really justify adding to All Out's card at this point. Otherwise, I think that card is basically locked in at this point.

Maybe they squeeze something in with Black vs a Nightmare Family member but with the way they're building Black I don't know that cramming him into a PPV match with no heat behind it really helps him let alone his opponent. Maybe I'll be proven wrong but I just don't think Black needs to be on this show. My guess is Black vs Cody will be one of the big feuds for Full Gear as they'll have more time to properly build that feud. I love AEW's long term booking but one of the issues that tend to arise is when someone debuts between PPVs I feel like they often struggle to figure out where to slot them in and it often takes a PPV cycle to get them into a real feud. Combine that with Cody having to step away for the taping of that show and I just don't think they been able to build a strong enough feud for Black just yet. With Punk it was easy: he's a huge star who hasn't wrestled in 7 years, returning to a different company, in his hometown to challenge one of AEW's hottest rising young stars. The feud really didn't need to be anything more than just Punk challenging Darby for there to be heat behind it. Post All Out I suspect they'll go harder on the Cody vs Black feud until it culminates at Full Gear (with Black most likely beating Cody again, just in a harder fought match).

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Gonna guess that Malakai Black vs. Lee Johnson is the opening match on Rampage. Would be weird if it didn't build to anything for Black at All Out, though, so maybe I'm wrong...but they clearly brought out Johnson after the Brock Anderson match last week for a reason. Maybe as another Buy-In match?

...or would they just do that match on Elevation instead? Wouldn't be opposed to that to be honest.

Last edited:

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah that makes sense.
I'd love to see Murphy vs Omega just to see how they'd play off each other.

If Darby doesn't literally kill himself and Punk isn't too rusty it should be a great match.

So if I wanted to watch All Out on my TV and don't mind the US $50 fee what's the easiest way to do it?
Buy the PPV off B/R live
Stream via B/R Live app on my Series S?
So BR Live has been integrated into BR proper now which means BR Live is dead but those preexisting deals BR Live had are being continued BR. It's a mess but all you really need to know is AEW PPVs live on BR now. You can google BR All Out 2021 and this will be one of the first pages to come up:
bleacherreport.com

AEW All Out 2021 PPV

Be the best AEW All Out 2021 PPV fan you can be with Bleacher Report. Keep up with the latest storylines, expert analysis, highlights, scores and more.

Apparently the Xbox BR Live app will be converted to a BR app by the end of this week as they're saying you'll be able to watch the PPV on the Xbox BR app. I just hope this isn't a shitshow.

EDIT: Also it looks like it's just being advertised via a red banner near the top of their home page:
bleacherreport.com

Bleacher Report

From BleacherReport.com, your destination for the latest news on your teams and topics in sports.

Last edited:

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even then, announcing a match with zero build the week of the PPV generally isn't AEW's style (not saying they would never do it but it's unlikely). Pre-existing feud or not I would be surprised if they did that. Also considering how friendly Impact and AEW are if Murphy signs with Impact they could just do Murphy vs Black down the road and with a better build than if they were to quickly slap it together this week. If anything gets added to the PPV card this week it'll probably involve Orange Cassidy and the Hardy Family Office as that's the only ongoing feud with big names they could really justify adding to All Out's card at this point. Otherwise, I think that card is basically locked in at this point.

Maybe they squeeze something in with Black vs a Nightmare Family member but with the way they're building Black I don't know that cramming him into a PPV match with no heat behind it really helps him let alone his opponent. Maybe I'll be proven wrong but I just don't think Black needs to be on this show. My guess is Black vs Cody will be one of the big feuds for Full Gear as they'll have more time to properly build that feud. I love AEW's long term booking but one of the issues that tend to arise is when someone debuts between PPVs I feel like they often struggle to figure out where to slot them in and it often takes a PPV cycle to get them into a real feud. Combine that with Cody having to step away for the taping of that show and I just don't think they been able to build a strong enough feud for Black just yet. With Punk it was easy: he's a huge star who hasn't wrestled in 7 years, returning to a different company, in his hometown to challenge one of AEW's hottest rising young stars. The feud really didn't need to be anything more than just Punk challenging Darby for there to be heat behind it. Post All Out I suspect they'll go harder on the Cody vs Black feud until it culminates at Full Gear (with Black most likely beating Cody again, just in a harder fought match).
Yeah I don't think it's likely. I think it's more likely if Malakai does have a match it's against Dustin at the ppv. Maybe Malakai vs Lee on Rampage to lead to Dustin at the ppv. Otherwise I could see them building to Dustin at NYC with Cody showing back up there.

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
Gonna guess that Malakai Black vs. Lee Johnson is the opening match on Rampage. Would be weird if it didn't build to anything for Black at All Out, though, so maybe I'm wrong...but they clearly brought out Johnson after the Brock Anderson match last week for a reason. Maybe as another Buy-In match?

...or would they just do that match on Elevation instead? Wouldn't be opposed to that to be honest.

Black vs Dustin would be ideal for a buy-in match but it seems unlikely with how long the women's battle royale will probably be. It's just going to be a shame if they don't get Malakai in front of that crowd somehow.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Black vs Dustin would be ideal for a buy-in match but it seems unlikely with how long the women's battle royale will probably be. It's just going to be a shame if they don't get Malakai in front of that crowd somehow.
Yes and no. All Out won't be lacking for star power but also they have more opportunities to stick Black in front of a large crowd so I don't think they really need to cram him into All Out just for the sake of it.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Shida gets on Dynamite tonight.

"Kojima is here to be celebrated," Moxley says. "With that being said, I'm still planning on committing egregious, felonious assault and trying to end his career, and he'd be insulted if I felt any other way. It's an honor to share the ring with him, and I can't wait to throw with him.

"He still has gas left in the tank, and there's still something he wants to prove. He'll be staring across from the baddest motherf---er in the business. I don't expect it to be long, I don't expect it to be pretty. It's going to be violent, and I can't wait to get in there with him."

www.si.com

Moxley Promises ‘Egregious, Felonious Assault’ vs. Kojima

Jon Moxley is ready for a hard-hitting showdown with one of Japan’s best.

Last edited:

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
You have to buy it from your phone or tablet. It won't work on a pc.

I was able to sign up for AEW Plus through NordVPN. Haven't tried to buy the PPV yet, though.

Windscribe works but you have to use mobile to buy ppvs on fite, as Heynongman! just said. I just bought All out on the app.

Thanks folks I didnt realize at first I had to buy it on the FITE app and not just my mobile browser

Lame that I had to pay the Apple Tax but its much cheaper then buying it any other way in Canada

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of new shirts today https://www.shopaew.com/t-shirts

I dig the Omega one

www.shopaew.com

Kenny Omega - Directive

<p>All Merchandise is owned by All Elite Wrestling, LLC. </p><p> All t-shirts unless otherwise noted are 100% preshrunk cotton </p><p> All garments are made to order, please check size chart before ordering </p><p> Made in Chicago of imported fabric or...

and the Death Triangle one

www.shopaew.com

Death Triangle - Curse

<p>All Merchandise is owned by All Elite Wrestling, LLC. </p><p> All t-shirts unless otherwise noted are 100% preshrunk cotton </p><p> All garments are made to order, please check size chart before ordering </p><p> Made in Chicago of imported fabric or...

Also this is Dante's first shirt right?

www.shopaew.com

Dante Martin - Inhuman

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

I dig the Omega one

www.shopaew.com

Kenny Omega - Directive

www.shopaew.com

Death Triangle - Curse

www.shopaew.com

Dante Martin - Inhuman

yooo i love that kenny shirt. might get that and The The Elite if they do a discount for All Out like usual.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
There's like a handful of matches they seem to be building to that they could potentially add for All Out (or save for upcoming TV).

FTR vs PnP rubber match
Aleister Black vs Lee Johnson
Orange Cassidy vs Broken Matt Hardy
Brian Cage vs Ricky Starks rematch

Oct 27, 2017
Riho-vs-Hikaru-Shida-All-Out-2019-min.jpg

They could probably randomly add this match again and the crowd reaction would be completely different this time. Back then the company was just getting started so no one really knew them. Riho wasn't even champion yet.

Can we get some wrestlers on those ice cream bars?

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

I dig the Omega one

www.shopaew.com

Kenny Omega - Directive

www.shopaew.com

Death Triangle - Curse

www.shopaew.com

Dante Martin - Inhuman

Ngl, I actually really like that Kenny shirt 🤔

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Tonight is Episode #100 of Dynamite (and coincidentally the 3-year anniversary of All In)

Show deserve its own OT tonight, or nah?

Status
Not open for further replies.