• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoDDT

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 25, 2021
Got tickets for the 09/22 show. Interested to see what the hype is about BD (just got back into wrestling with AEW 2 years ago).

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017

codyrhodes-listening.gif

She's going to Stardom from what I've read.

Oct 27, 2017
Columbus, OH
The latter. IIRC there were interviews with Brie where they wanted to look into vaccinations and whatnot for their kids, but in the end ended up getting them vaccinated. Silly, but not anti-vax.
He was anti-vax pre covid, though he eventually did get his children vaccinated. I don't think he's made any comments one way or the other on Covid vaccines.
Okay, so *dumb* but I'll give people a chance to grow here. There's a ton of misinformation in "holistic medicine" communities and if they ultimately chose to vaccinate their kids I can hope that in light of overwhelming evidence about the need for Covid vaccines he's for it if he's not campaigning against it.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Got tickets for the 09/22 show. Interested to see what the hype is about BD (just got back into wrestling with AEW 2 years ago).

He basically carried indie wrestling in the early 2000s and was (I would argue rightfully) called The Best in the World at the time. His Wrestlemania 30 victory was also tremendous and the pinnacle of his WWE run...a well-deserved incredible moment after the awesome career he had had until that point.

Plenty of Danielson matches you can watch for free on YouTube to get a taste if you've got the time. You just have to learn to ignore the grating commentary audio quality in the older ROH shows. :p

www.youtube.com

Jushin "Thunder" Liger vs Bryan Danielson: FULL MATCH!

#RingOfHonor #ROHWrestling #ROHSubscribe for more content from Ring of Honor Wrestlinghttps://www.youtube.com/user/ringofhonor?sub_confirmation=1Follow Ring ...

Oct 27, 2017
Columbus, OH
He basically carried indie wrestling in the early 2000s and was (I would argue rightfully) called The Best in the World at the time. His Wrestlemania 30 victory was also tremendous and the pinnacle of his WWE run...a well-deserved incredible moment after the awesome career he had had until that point.

Plenty of Danielson matches you can watch for free on YouTube to get a taste if you've got the time. You just have to learn to ignore the grating commentary audio quality in the older ROH shows. :p

www.youtube.com

Jushin "Thunder" Liger vs Bryan Danielson: FULL MATCH!

#RingOfHonor #ROHWrestling #ROHSubscribe for more content from Ring of Honor Wrestlinghttps://www.youtube.com/user/ringofhonor?sub_confirmation=1Follow Ring ...
I'd argue that WM30 is the pinochle of WWE in the last decade. Outside of Cena going over Wyatt and the Diva's title clusterfuck WWE never felt more like it was heading into a new generation of more varied and exciting styles of wrestling than that night with Bryan opening and closing (and defeating final boss HHH) as well as: the SHIELD feeling made, Cesaro looking to break out of the floundering tag scene (lol), and Brock seemingly retiring Undertaker to become the new special attraction who's above titles (also lol).

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Bryan is my all time favorite wrestler. I haven't watched anything he's done in the last 4 years other than his Kofi matches. Him escaping WWE and continuing career elsewhere is literally a dream scenario for me. This one is bigger than Punk for me personally.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bryan winning the WWE title that night was the highlight of WWE over the last 10 years for sure. It was basically the only night in the last 10 years where the fans actually got what they wanted and if I'm not mistaken it actually took Punk walking out of the company to get it. The greatness of the moment was short lived though as he gave up the title the next night due to neck injury.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Aw hell yes, Dynamite is gonna be broadcasted live on cable in Latin America.

Best thing is, at least here in Chile, usually you have to pay aditional costs for channels (Like, if you want to watch Raw or Smackdown live, you need to have Fox 2, which has an additional fee on cable) but this is going to be on Space, which is a channel that's on every single basic plan of every provider.

So I'm guessing a lot of people will be watching live legally in Latin America now that it's so easy (and cheap) to do. I'm pretty happy about it, usually I watch this thing on saturday or sunday mornings but I may jump into it live if I have the time.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Bryan is my all time favorite wrestler. I haven't watched anything he's done in the last 4 years other than his Kofi matches. Him escaping WWE and continuing career elsewhere is literally a dream scenario for me. This one is bigger than Punk for me personally.

Same here regarding Bryan being a bigger deal personally and being my all-time favourite.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Bryan winning the WWE title that night was the highlight of WWE over the last 10 years for sure. It was basically the only night in the last 10 years where the fans actually got what they wanted and if I'm not mistaken it actually took Punk walking out of the company to get it. The greatness of the moment was short lived though as he gave up the title the next night due to neck injury.
He still wrestled for a month, you just don't remember it because…

He had an awful month long feud with Kane immediately following Mania and they had that Extreme Rules PPV match. His last match that year was against Del Rio the night after Extreme Rules on Raw.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

He had an awful month long feud with Kane immediately following Mania and they had that Extreme Rules PPV match. His last match that year was against Del Rio the night after Extreme Rules on Raw.
Oof. I think that's the point when I stopped watching WWE lol. Bryan was basically the only reason I was watching.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Oof. I think that's the point when I stopped watching WWE lol. Bryan was basically the only reason I was watching.

I really wonder how many of us there are out there. LOL Bryan was also the only reason I was watching WWE too. Interest dipped quickly after the Kane match and the injuries. Hope he's okay now and can still go (safely).

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile

Absolutely. Bryan is one of my all time favorites and I'm really looking forward to watch him in AEW. Even his last matches with Reigns were amazing, this dude fucking got a decent match out of freakin Ryback back in 2013. That's how good Danielson is. Punk gets me curious because of the history and stuff, but Bryan actually has me excited to watch AEW.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Re: Bryan Danielson being Anti-Vax: in 2016, he endorsed Jill Stein for president. Jill Stein was previously hardcore Anti-Vax, but moved her position to not be stringent Anti-Vax, but to instead be dogwhistle anti-vax, with a position that the FDA was corrupt because it was controlled by drug companies

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Re: Bryan Danielson being Anti-Vax: in 2016, he endorsed Jill Stein for president. Jill Stein was previously hardcore Anti-Vax, but moved her position to not be stringent Anti-Vax, but to instead be dogwhistle anti-vax, with a position that the FDA was corrupt because it was controlled by drug companies
He vaccinated his kids and was in WWE's covid vaccine campaign - I think it's safe to say he's not anti vaxx even if he was at one time.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile

Also worth pointing out: during that month he 1) Married Brie so was out, then 2) His dad passed away. Then he came back to continue the feud with Kane and got injured :(

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Anyone put my mind at ease?

I bought a T-shirt from global.shop.aew and it went to another country last Wednesday, supposedly left on Wednesday but all the tracking sites they give me say it hasn't arrived in my country yet. I know there's a pandemic but I've also never ordered anything online from America that has then had to be routed through the rest of Europe before it gets to my country. Global AEW shop makes a big deal of delivery being faster so I'm just trying to work out if these things take more time than I imagined (not even including the pandemic) or if some Latvian postman has thieved my Punk tee.

EDIT: Says it's been 8 days in transit, does it really take that long to get stuff from Latvia to UK?

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
deadline.com

AEW Pay-Per-View Wrestling Event Nabbed As Streaming Exclusive By WarnerMedia’s Bleacher Report

Alternative wrestling circuit AEW is making a pay-per-view event available exclusively via WarnerMedia digital brand Bleacher Report.

EXCLUSIVE: All Elite Wrestling, which bills itself as an "alternative" to the WWE, is making a pay-per-view event available as an exclusive on WarnerMedia digital brand Bleacher Report.

Sunday night's event at Chicago's NOW Arena, dubbed AEW All Out, will cost $49.99. Viewers can sign up via the B/R app on Android or iOS, the Bleacher Report or on connected devices like Roku, Amazon Fire TV and Xbox. Fire TV will start taking pre-orders on Friday.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really wonder how many of us there are out there. LOL Bryan was also the only reason I was watching WWE too. Interest dipped quickly after the Kane match and the injuries. Hope he's okay now and can still go (safely).
When the Adam Cole news hit about his contract being up, I searched matches of his and a Bryan vs Cole match popped up from 2019. He's still got it.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
deadline.com

AEW Pay-Per-View Wrestling Event Nabbed As Streaming Exclusive By WarnerMedia’s Bleacher Report

Alternative wrestling circuit AEW is making a pay-per-view event available exclusively via WarnerMedia digital brand Bleacher Report.

So after all that hoopla it looks like they may be resurrecting the old B/R Live app?

I never deleted it from Apple TV after it was discontinued, and earlier this week it regained some functionality and now today looks to be working a bit more (still not actually functional).

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Dynamite after All Out:

Kenny: "After I had gone through hell and beaten Christian Cage at All Out, I wanted to bask in my moment of victory. But someone took that away. Some glory hog stepped into MY spotlight. And that, I cannot forgive. So, I don't care what it takes...Bryan Danielson...my old friend...my old road buddy...I want you, and I want to embarrass you...on September 22nd...at AEW Grand Slam...in front of the biggest crowd in AEW history."

*camera cuts to ringside*

EmotionalSlipperyEyelashpitviper-size_restricted.gif
I love how blatantly fake this guy's enthusiasm is. He's never not glancing at the camera.

I don't suppose this applies to people working for AEW?

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Danielson's gonna work with Daniel Garcia. Mark my words. There's a reason Garcia got slotted into main event-level feuds like two weeks after arriving in AEW, and he hasn't even been announced as having signed yet. It wouldn't surprise me if Danielson hand-picked him.

I've felt the same, honestly. With CM Punk being a top incoming babyface, I could see Bryan Danielson coming in as a top heel and getting involved with Daniel Garcia, 2.0, Darby Allin, Sting, and CM Punk (add one more babyface in there and you'd have a 4vs4 feud), CM Punk vs. Bryan Danielson is a feud that last happened in 2012 (2005 if we ignore their WWE run), and if both can still go could lead to some great matches and promos, and you immediately elevate 2.0 and two very young guys who could be in AEW's mainevent scene for decades by involving them with megastars like Danielson, Punk, and Sting.

Status
Not open for further replies.