• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
- Cassidy vs Lethal was good. Vincent Adultman is 1 in a trillion!
- Young Bucks face turn. Big pop for Hangman with a pipe!
- Hart Dungeon diss from Mox. Jungle Boy trying to run over Christian.
- DMD & Hayter vs ThunderStorm was my MOTN. Hayter push! Women on earlier than usual.
- Eddie reacting to the Sammy/Tay video was funny. Team Taz is done :O Ricky running like the Flash!
- Christian vs Hardy was solid. Christian has been underused Matt overused in the ring.
- Ego with a killer promo but he should be a babyface. Stoke making moves. Anna choking backstage randoms lol.
- Gunn Club vs Acclaimed Dumpster match was fun. Caster nailed the rap.
- Mance Warner! Takeshita english promo!
- YUTA vs Jericho was good. Liontamer!

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Yeah, was an alright show.

Very pleased they didn't put the women in the death spot. They definitely need to keep mixing the show structure up like that every so often to stop it feeling so predictable sometimes.

The only thing that can save AEW is Master Wato

YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD MAKE DADDY MAGIC'S NIPPLES HARD?

THE GRANDMASTER ON DYNAMITE!

Annie85x

Mar 12, 2020
Man... that pop for Hangman was great, but imagine how enormous the pop would have been if Kenny had come back during that Undisputed Elite segment... 😭

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
I'm just happy they gave Hangman something, as it felt like he's been cast aside since losing the title. This is now the most invested I've felt in the Elite story since Kenny started his break.

That said, they are going to need to work hard to get me to care for a Cole/Hangman or Cole/Kenny PPV match. I'm not quite ready yet for more Cole dominant AEW programming. My mind is open though.

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
It's probably the lack of sleep but am I missing something?

They had Undisputed turn on the Bucks even though 2 thirds of Undisputed are still injured and can't compete? Why did they need to do this now? Surely it could have waited till they were all healthy. There's plenty other ways they could have gotten to Hangman reuniting with the Bucks to be in the trios tournament.

Disappointed in the lack of progression re Team Taz drama. The ending of the team would have hit more if they'd actually been presented as a team the past few months. Still should have held off til after the trios tournament and let them have a run at that.

Ricky got beat down again but no mic time so just a watered down repeat of last week.

HOOK gets a video package just regurgitating what happened the previous week yet even with the extra 2 hours of shows this week (the extra Dark and BOTB) they still can't find time in there for an FTW defense? But we do have time for a Matt Hardy match in 2022? Whut?

Said it before but AEW really need to get better at following up big story beats the following week. They rely too much on video recaps.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

They had Undisputed turn on the Bucks even though 2 thirds of Undisputed are still injured and can't compete? Why did they need to do this now? Surely it could have waited till they were all healthy. There's plenty other ways they could have gotten to Hangman reuniting with the Bucks to be in the trios tournament.
Coles point was that KOR and him aren't cleared to compete so the Undisputed can't go for the title and that he knew the Bucks weren't going to pick Fish so he won't give them permission to go for the titles.

Him attacking them was clearly because he knew he was losing them to hangman and it was only a matter of time before they made up and decided to go for the trios.

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
Coles point was that KOR and him aren't cleared to compete so the Undisputed can't go for the title and that he knew the Bucks weren't going to pick Fish so he won't give them permission to go for the titles.

Him attacking them was clearly because he knew he was losing them to hangman and it was only a matter of time before they made up and decided to go for the trios.
I understand the story reasons I just don't get booking this now when 2 thirds of UE can't compete (O'Reilys injury is supposedly bad enough to keep him on the shelf the rest of the year). So there's no pay off to this on the horizon. I don't recall any mention on TV of Fish even being a possible partner for the Bucks in trios or anyone who was even asking for it.

Surely with a trios tournament on the horizon it'd make more sense to do an angle with another team that will actually be in the tournament, not one that won't be.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

Disappointed in the lack of progression re Team Taz drama. The ending of the team would have hit more if they'd actually been presented as a team the past few months. Still should have held off til after the trios tournament and let them have a run at that.

Ricky got beat down again but no mic time so just a watered down repeat of last week.

HOOK gets a video package just regurgitating what happened the previous week yet even with the extra 2 hours of shows this week (the extra Dark and BOTB) they still can't find time in there for an FTW defense? But we do have time for a Matt Hardy match in 2022? Whut?

Said it before but AEW really need to get better at following up big story beats the following week. They rely too much on video recaps.
So, AEW's big problem is side storyline telling, twitter/youtube/vlogs... are all part of the story and it's frustrating.

Bucks talked to Hangman on BTE 2 weeks ago, this week Cole watched BTE, so on Dynamite they betrayed him and hangman saved them.

I'm okay with Team Taz being done, it ending on Taz's son works best for it too.

We're told we're going to get an answer on Rampage, they're building up the answer.

I have a different problem with the Matt Hardy match, Jungleboy was slow, he said he'd make Christian lose every match he had... but Christian won? and then jungleboy ran out? What?

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
Also possible that KOR & Cole in fact are (or AEW hopes they will be) cleared in time.

They haven't announced any matches for the tournament yet, so it feels like they're waiting for the last possible moment before committing.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
So, AEW's big problem is side storyline telling, twitter/youtube/vlogs... are all part of the story and it's frustrating.

Bucks talked to Hangman on BTE 2 weeks ago, this week Cole watched BTE, so on Dynamite they betrayed him and hangman saved them.

I'm okay with Team Taz being done, it ending on Taz's son works best for it too.

We're told we're going to get an answer on Rampage, they're building up the answer.

I have a different problem with the Matt Hardy match, Jungleboy was slow, he said he'd make Christian lose every match he had... but Christian won? and then jungleboy ran out? What?

Maybe it took Jungle Boy too long to escape security after his attempted vehicular homicide.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I understand the story reasons I just don't get booking this now when 2 thirds of UE can't compete (O'Reilys injury is supposedly bad enough to keep him on the shelf the rest of the year). So there's no pay off to this on the horizon. I don't recall any mention on TV of Fish even being a possible partner for the Bucks in trios or anyone who was even asking for it.

Surely with a trios tournament on the horizon it'd make more sense to do an angle with another team that will actually be in the tournament, not one that won't be.
But the issue is that obviously the Bucks are going to want to go for the titles so they are going to do it regardless. Cole is also a jealous, self centered arse who wouldn't allow the bucks to win without it being under his team and so the booking makes sense.

The bucks aren't going to pick Fish, it's been established that they aren't particularly fond of the undisputed but tag along because of Cole being the leader.

I think it's a smart way to do it because it's clearly building up to something with the elite and Undisputed and will bring back hangman and Kenny at different points.

They could have spent an extra week fleshing this out but considering we are building towards the ppv and have a tournament to go through, you need to establish things quickly and I think they have shown enough to book it how they have.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
r/SquaredCircle - YO! John Cena's newest instagram post.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Saw someone on Reddit mention that Stokes could be recruiting for his pal MJF, and with Ethan's promo it kinda made sense. That could be interesting

Just a quick correction here, the Bucks talked to Hangman on Dynamite last week, not BTE. Adam Cole was watching that dynamite segment on BTE this week. So the only vlog exclusive bit of this story currently is that Adam Cole watches the TV show.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Maybe it took Jungle Boy too long to escape security after his attempted vehicular homicide.
Still frustrating to see the weird misstep in storytelling, but yeah, maybe don't try and run over tony.
What angle was this relating to? I definitely missed something then (in my defense it was 3AM)
We don't know, but I thought it was announced Hobbes is talking on Rampage?
Just a quick correction here, the Bucks talked to Hangman on Dynamite last week, not BTE. Adam Cole was watching that dynamite segment on BTE this week. So the only vlog exclusive bit of this story currently is that Adam Cole watches the TV show.
Right my bad, it seemed so much like a BTE segment and the Broccoli was brought forward from Uno's birthday.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It's Thursday. You know what that means. ❤️🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

I'm not afraid to admit that I started my day with dat new Powahouse theme. I'm so here for final boss Hobbs.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Hobbs new entrance and theme just scream "star" to me. Push that backstabbing fucker to the moon

For real. Last week felt like all three moving up the card. This week confirmed it. Perfect segment to get Hobbs over as a dominant heel. Huge pop for Rickyyyyy(!) only to punch the crowd in the gut. Confirmed the fans are so fucking down for this feud and investment is through the roof. It honestly would've been a mistake to have them brawl any more than that or for Rickyyyyyy(!) to chase Hobbs off or whatever. Like I said, Powahouse is Rickyyyyyy(!)'s final boss and it's awesome!

I expected to be sad with the breakup announcement, but FTW never dies. Team Taz built assassins, but they also built three stars. And on top of them all, they built one MUH-SHEEN!

58o30qjtty271.jpg

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
For real. Last week felt like all three moving up the card. This week confirmed it. Perfect segment to get Hobbs over as a dominant heel. Huge pop for Rickyyyyy(!) only to punch the crowd in the gut. Confirmed the fans are so fucking down for this feud and investment is through the roof. It honestly would've been a mistake to have them brawl any more than that or for Rickyyyyyy(!) to chase Hobbs off or whatever. Like I said, Powahouse is Rickyyyyyy(!)'s final boss and it's awesome!

I expected to be sad with the breakup announcement, but FTW never dies. Team Taz built assassins, but they also built three stars. And on top of them all, they built one MUH-SHEEN!

58o30qjtty271.jpg
Holy shit.

Is that him in RoH? He didn't even go this over the top in Lucha Underground.

And he kayfabe killed someone with a bootleg Infinity Gauntlet in it.

SirFritz

Jan 22, 2018
So are we thinking the bucks turn are going full face? I really hope they aren't as I don't think they make particular good babyfaces. I love them as heals however.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Morning, gang. Some good stuff. :)

View: https://twitter.com/MadisonRayne/status/1555053121126154241?s=20&t=Hi0uIg9wS-s8JFQaUs6j0A

View: https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1555071926946643969?s=20&t=Hi0uIg9wS-s8JFQaUs6j0A

View: https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1555016385012838402?s=20&t=Hi0uIg9wS-s8JFQaUs6j0A

Shida vs. Emi Sakura on Dark Elevation tonight is @_@. With Madison Rayne on commentary, I'm thinking they give Shida the win over Emi and set up Madison vs. Shida for Rampage. I selfishly want this because I miss seeing Shida on TV and think she's one of the top 5 people in the division. Not sure how you have her lose to Madison, but maybe you just do it. Have Madison be a heel out of the gate, round up a heel faction, and give white mob boss suit Shida a faction too because LET'S F*CKING GO. Fingers crossed.

SHIDA VS. EMI on Dark tonight! :D Feel-good vibes all around for this one. Pretty sure this is their first singles encounter in AEW.

Last edited:

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
The women's tag match last night proves what we've been saying, that the talent is already there.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017

while yes, a lot of the development here was on BTE, the Bucks talked to Hangman with the Dark Order interuption on Dynamite, and then Cole watched Dynamite on BTE...

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
If Nyla wasn't trying this tag thing with Shafir and the Dark Order wasn't half dead.....she'd be great in it.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
The women's tag match last night proves what we've been saying, that the talent is already there.

Yeah!! That was a great Dynamite last night, and it kinda shows that giving the women more time and a better slot helps them tremendously. All 4 of them looked great and the match set a big championship battle for Saturday. I wish there was a second women's match, but at least for last night it was fine with the ammount of time and slot given to those four.

I just hope this wasn't just because of Britt lol

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Morning, gang. Some good stuff. :)

View: https://twitter.com/MadisonRayne/status/1555053121126154241?s=20&t=Hi0uIg9wS-s8JFQaUs6j0A

View: https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1555071926946643969?s=20&t=Hi0uIg9wS-s8JFQaUs6j0A

View: https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1555016385012838402?s=20&t=Hi0uIg9wS-s8JFQaUs6j0A

Shida vs. Emi Sakura on Dark Elevation tonight is @_@. With Madison Rayne on commentary, I'm thinking they give Shida the win over Emi and set up Madison vs. Shida for Rampage. I selfishly want this because I miss seeing Shida on TV and think she's one of the top 5 people in the division. Not sure how you have her lose to Madison, but maybe you just do it. Have her be a heel, round up a heel faction, and give white Yakuza suit Shida a faction too because LET'S F*CKING GO. Fingers crossed.

SHIDA VS. EMI on Dark tonight! :D Feel-good vibes all around for this one. Pretty sure this is their first singles encounter in AEW.

Yakuza Shida leading Emi, Mizanumi & Hirsch next year.

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the show. Mostly good stuff.

I'm not surprised people liked the women's tag match here but i didnt enjoy it. All 4 worked hard but the structure was all over the place and the match ended with a big pop for the heels.

I'm hoping that the Gunns slipped out of the dumpster before it went off the stage because that whole stunt was reckless and unnecessary.

Apart from those two points I really enjoyed the rest of the matches. Jericho kept up with Yuta and won with a decent low blow shortcut. Hardy vs Christian was better than i was expecting. Hobbs looked great in squashing his opponent. Looking forward to Rampage, Battle of the Belts and next week's Dynamite.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't been this hyped for AEW in awhile. Crush me Tony. Kenny retires. MJF to WWE. Soho women's champion. The Dark Order continues but John Silver's contract isn't renewed. Danhausen joins JAS as Jericho's butler.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.