• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
Seems important. A lot of promotions:

Sonjay = VP of Production and Creative Coordination
QT = VP of Show and Creative Coordination
Pat Buck = VP of Talent Development
Tony = Senior Producer and Special Advisor to Talent
Madison Rayne = new coach in women's division

View: https://twitter.com/jaychelenicole/status/1554845455879741440?s=20&t=R3SkEr4ELouep_xwl9IDZA

This is great!! More structure in AEW is definitely a plus. Very interested in Madison Rayne joining too. Could be really great for the women's division.

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgzZYpKF46R/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Shawn Spears and Cassie Lee (formerly Peyton Royce) are having a baby.

Aww congratulations to the couple. In a few years, Spears will be able to teach his kid how to swing a chair. Look out for Chair Pervert V2 debuting in AEW in 20 years lol

The video game is looking more fun the more that gets shown. Those mini games could be a blast. Also big plus on intergender matches being in the game. Stat vs Omega!! Book it TK!! ... Me!!

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
One step closer to the Factory being the first trios champions.

"I think what we're really missing is a detestable heel character, you know? Someone like a QT Marshall THE CHARACTER...Think we could do a 3-month feud of THE CHARACTER QT Marshall (which is me) against someone who really needs to be elevated. Daniel Garcia vs. QT Marshall. 3 months. Leading to PPV. What do you think, Tony?" LOL

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I heard from various sources today that tonight's Dynamite is going to be a statement show.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Very funny to me that Road Dogg was begging for a job for months, and TK said "hmm, I should bring in more IMPACT people."

Madison Rayne is a good pick-up. From the outside and just going by interviews over the years, she seems like she has a good wrestling mind and had a hand in helping lots of people make the transition to dependable TV workers. She's also been in Impact forever and survived a million regime changes. The people with that specific experience, like Borash or Dutt or a few others, are the ones people say are invaluable to have in the back and in creative.

I wonder why they didn't go with a Maria Kanellis Instead of madison?
This is not meant as a dig at Kanellis as I quite like her and believe wrestling is better for her involvement, but I think Rayne is more experienced in this role, while Kanellis' biggest achievements to date are championing women's wrestling alongside Bobby Cruise, and rightfully recognizing that Rok-C is a star.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
www.fightful.com

Tony Khan Open To Madison Rayne Wrestling In AEW | Fightful News

Tony Khan talks Madison Rayne joined AEW.

I'm really excited. She's going to be great for the team. She's excited. Everyone is excited to have Madison Rayne as part of AEW. I'm not saying she wouldn't wrestle anymore, we're open to it. We have other people in the office who do wrestle as part of their schedule, so I'm open to it. I haven't talked a lot about it because right now, I'm primarily focused on the whole company, but it's definitely something I'm open to and would like,"

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
This was a long time coming. Really happy for the talent that there's now an official structure in place for everything. Hopefully it works out!

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Some good moves in the office for AEW. Super curious to see what dent Madison's hiring makes to the current women's division status.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Nah don't you see, Tony Khan doesn't give a shit about the women's division. And he never will.

AEW Fans: A change in WWE directives won't mean shit on the product. It'll still suck.

Also AEW Fans: OMG a structure change in AEW Directive! This will change everything!!! Women's now are important to TK!!

Time will tell, but QT is in a high position doesn't sound so good to me. His thoughts on lack of women's wrestling is as stupid as that other side's booking.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
Huge news?

View: https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1554891755199266817?t=-PFsy2nJCHdtNnUIT3mLMQ&s=19

View: https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1554892052386775046?t=BfUOiloqxoI-GTH8QxbXYA&s=19

......mega?

kenny-omega-aew.gif

Superplex

Nov 4, 2017
<3
Madison is coming straight from being a producer with the Impact women's division (which is quite good) so I'm very interested in seeing how things shake out with her input

I also think it's worth mentioning that a wrestler's in-ring ability isn't necessarily an indicator of their coaching ability...look at people like Danny Davis and Larry Sharpe

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
AEW Fans: A change in WWE directives won't mean shit on the product. It'll still suck.

Also AEW Fans: OMG a structure change in AEW Directive! This will change everything!!! Women's now are important to TK!!

Has anyone here (at least) said that though? People are reserved but optimistic about a company trying to patch some of the faults that have been popping up. Not that having Madison Rayne around will automatically fix anything, but in the long run it'll most likely be a good thing nevertheless.

Time will tell, but QT is in a high position doesn't sound so good to me. His thoughts on lack of women's wrestling is as stupid as that other side's booking.

From what was in the press release this more or less seems to solidify a position that he was de facto in already (based on SRS' & others' reporting.) Whether he's had anything to do with the booking of women thus far I don't know (and I don't think we collectively know)

Oct 27, 2017
Always good to remember that Dynamite at least does really well in the ratings and Rampage does okay for the time slot that it's in. The PPV numbers are good. Even in a nightmare scenario where they'd get kicked off TNT/TBS there'd probably be another network more than happy to give them a slot or 3.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Too much doom and gloom amidst some promising announcements today (game related and back office related) and a banger Dynamite and good Rampage last week. Nevermind that we're getting Claudio vs. Takeshita this weekend, and probably some fun and memorable stuff coming out of tonight and Friday.

Gonna get a trash boys rap tonight. Get psyched, folks!

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
Let's go, ignite. It's Dynamite day. Last week ruled. Let's keep the momentum going.

Hell yeah let's get hyped! It was a fantastic show last week and I can't wait for more. They're not perfect but AEW still puts on the best and wildest wrestling show on TV each week. Dynamite delights. I am psyched for tonight! BotB coming this weekend makes it all the more likely we'll get some shenanigans tonight to set up the rest of the card.

There are a few feuds they could pull on but here's my guess:
  • Claudio vs Takeshita
  • Wardlow vs Jay Lethal
  • Rosa vs Britt 3 (the one where Hayter finally snaps)
  • a Jade stomp or a Hook stomp, either one could be quickly set up on Dynamite

And there was lots of encouraging news today, as well. Great to see AEW acknowledging their problems and making real changes for the better, and I'm excited for what's around the corner.

And for a little extra hype, this Team Taz tribute from Reddit is very worth your time: Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

Status
Not open for further replies.