• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
David Finley looking good in the G1. I know some folks weren't impressed by his AEW match but the guy is solid and wrestling some good matches.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
The only wrestling game I ever bought was Fire Pro World so I was hoping there would be an optional non-arcade mode. The point of wrestling is to put on good matches and tell stories not to win (unless it's multiplayer which doesn't interest me).

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Hit detection looks quite satisfying, and the THWACK and SMUSH sound effects do, too. I'm in for arcade-style pro wrestling.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
What we've seen so far is reminding me of the Day of Reckoning series. Which can only be a good thing.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
What we've seen so far is reminding me of the Day of Reckoning series. Which can only be a good thing.
Yup, exactly

unknown.png

wwe_dayreckoning_032604_08-10.jpg

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Offense looks fast going by Britt's kick in that video, too. As long as they nail the gameplay and there are some fun modes...and there's some non-laggy online multi-player if I wanna do that...I'm good.

Bacalao

Oct 27, 2017
All I wanted was a continuation of the gameplay from the N64/GameCube games and I seem to be getting just that + some wacky Yakuza ass mini games so I'm probably there day one.

Real shame about THQ Nordic publishing this though.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1554793605486845953?s=20&t=xljb8FXSrhc-gldgncE-Qw
wrestlepurists.com

Bryan Danielson Discusses Being On WWE's Creative Team, Says He Loves Bruce Prichard | WrestlePurists | All Things Pro Wrestling

During the latter stages of his WWE run, Bryan Danielson (FKA Daniel Bryan) joined the company's creative in a small capacity, where he would often advocate

0cb6cd23cd87fc12c2b6ee4326a3dedebbd1112a.gifv

(Bit of a non-story, and just some fun...mostly an excuse to post the gif. LOL I get people having different experiences with people, but you also can't ignore others' experiences with said people.)

Seeing this gif makes me mad at myself for not just going alone to Miami to see this live. The 45 minute drive would've been shit but this match was incredible.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Um... Madison Rayne wasn't exactly the best wrestler in the world. Hope she's a good coach though!

Her character work was usually good and she's gotten better in the ring over the years. Anything that helps the woman get better i'm all for it, besides isn't Deeb also a coach? They could play off of each other's strengths to make a better women's division.

Last edited:

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
Good to see Pat Buck getting a bigger role too - dude has delivered alot of the new young stars in the company via CAP

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Cautious about QT's role and what it might mean for the women's division. "...will help to manage show elements including planning programs and storylines, character development, overseeing extras and live event logistics coordination."

Fingers crossed. Wonder if this starts straight away, or if we'll see more of it next week.

The good thing that I'm taking from all this? Tony isn't doing everything in regard to stories and wrestlers! But I do wish they had brought on a woman like Maria to assist with women's stories in particular. Gonna be keeping a closer eye on the show in the weeks ahead.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Cautious about QT's role and what it might mean for the women's division. "...will help to manage show elements including planning programs and storylines, character development, overseeing extras and live event logistics coordination."

Fingers crossed. Wonder if this starts straight away, or if we'll see more of it next week.

The good thing that I'm taking from all this? Tony isn't doing everything in regard to stories and wrestlers! But I do wish they had brought on a woman like Maria to assist with women's stories in particular. Gonna be keeping a closer eye on the show in the weeks ahead.

It says Madison Rayne starts her new role tonight, so I imagine it applies to everyone else as well.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
Daniels staying as manager of talent relations while Dutt, QT & Buck getting VP titles probably tells a little bit where the leadership saw the problems at.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Daniels staying as manager of talent relations while Dutt, QT & Buck getting VP titles probably tells a little bit where the leadership saw the problems at.

Happens in every company that experiences quick growth in employee numbers. While you can have one person dealing with 40 people, it's a different story trying to have one person be the go-to for close to 200 or wherever AEW is now. Gotta spread that out! :)

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
Happens in every company that experiences quick growth in employee numbers. While you can have one person dealing with 40 people, it's a different story trying to have one person be the go-to for close to 200 or wherever AEW is now. Gotta spread that out! :)

Yes - just pointing out that Daniels likely wasn't perceived to do an amazing job in his role since he wasn't promoted to the same level.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder why they didn't go with a Maria Kanellis Instead of madison?

Probably cuz Maria Kanellis still has that Women's Wrestling Army company she's working on.

Madison Rayne is a solid get as a women's coach though. While I wouldn't say she was the best worker, she was still solid. Also she knows all about television presentation and was indeed one of the popular acts on the screen.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile

Having the guy that thinks that having more women's wrestling would be unfair to the male talent in that position does not bring me many hopes to be honest.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Bringing on Madison is a great move since she's coming to the end of her career.

Did AEW even have anyone who was specifically coaching the women's division? Please don't say it was Brandi.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
It looks like they'll be also separating the producer / coach roles, as those words have been used interchangeably (since Dutt will lead the producers and Buck will be leading the coaches.)

Oct 8, 2019
Tony Shiavone has a ton of experience in wrestling, and Pat Buck has proven to be an excellent coach.

Madison Rayne is fine

AEW is expanding so this is necessary

View: https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1554793605486845953?s=20&t=xljb8FXSrhc-gldgncE-Qw
wrestlepurists.com

Bryan Danielson Discusses Being On WWE's Creative Team, Says He Loves Bruce Prichard | WrestlePurists | All Things Pro Wrestling

During the latter stages of his WWE run, Bryan Danielson (FKA Daniel Bryan) joined the company's creative in a small capacity, where he would often advocate

Im beginning to suspect that Bryan Danielson has bad taste in people.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
I wonder why they didn't go with a Maria Kanellis Instead of madison?
Probably cuz Maria Kanellis still has that Women's Wrestling Army company she's working on.

Madison Rayne is a solid get as a women's coach though. While I wouldn't say she was the best worker, she was still solid. Also she knows all about television presentation and was indeed one of the popular acts on the screen.

It's possible that she recommended her

View: https://twitter.com/MariaLKanellis/status/1554858738472964101?t=f_QxG-2qkwR62dVWlKFFvw&s=19

Status
Not open for further replies.