• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2019
I think the Pinnacle was meant to be this. Even had the theme song for it and everything. Then they just stopped doing anything together. Weren't booked like a main event stable and got split up. Where is Shawn Spears? Who is Shawn Spears? Why is Shawn Spears?

They bragged about how they planned this out for a year, and its like "You planned it out for a year and at no point in time did no one question including perennial lowcard wrestler Shawn Spears in it".

Then about 2 weeks after they formed the Pinnacle the Inner Circle just destroyed them in a backstage brawl where MJF gets his head shoved into a Pepsi fridge and Jericho pours wine on him.

I never saw Pinnacle as a top faction ever again.

SirFritz

Jan 22, 2018
Pinnacle is so weird. They had such a great debut it carried their momentum as a stable for 6 months without anything to actually show for it. Obviously the individual wrestlers were good but I don't get what the point of the whole thing was. Came across like someone had a great idea then lost interest straight away.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was going to mention this, but he hasn't actually been signed.

Meanwhile my girl Kilynn King would be killing it on the roster right now, but they wouldn't sign her.

105 men on the roster compared to 25 women.

The men's side is probably even worse if you're not around the top. Dark order guys, butcher and blade and private party you see on tv matches every few months and they usually aren't winning either. I can understand he might be signing for RoH but it's a real problem. WWE seems like the better company to go to for top tier talent now. Wouldn't be surprised at an AEW roster exodus whenever possible. Loved AEW during the pandemic up until All Out 2021. Post that I've liked it a lot less but still watch.

Also wasn't a fan of Kilynn at all. TK needs to stop signing people and start pushing talent he already has signed. What the hell is the point of having squash matches on dark instead of actual storylines exclusive to dark? I really don't get it. PAC's title defenses have made dark better but yeah, maybe do something more noteworthy than pointless squash matches for youtube. Can't wait for Triple H to win booker of the year in 2022 over TK.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
The teams of Swerve/Lee and Starks/Hobbs were/are great but in general I regret that the tag division has been treated as an overflow buffer for the bloated men's roster.
Real, genuine tag teams that were on the verge of getting meaningful title shots have stepped into the background. The Lucha Brothers title run sucked and Proud and Powerful never got a real program until it's too late now and teams like The Acclaimed and even the Varsity Blonds were in better places two years ago when you could believe that, given a year or two, those could be real contenders and part of the furure of the tag division.
The "problem" is we're "distracted" by objectiveley great tag and multi men matches but structurally tag team wrestling has declined over the last year or two.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Came across like someone had a great idea then lost interest straight away.
This is AEWs biggest problem in terms of booking. Things with potential get pivoted off of constantly but then we still get stuck with 8 month Jericho or Adam Cole feuds.

Like breaking up the ass claimed so quickly or the break up between Lee and swerve which I still think was the plan and then someone convinced creative otherwise.

Just like I think Moriarty in bcc has been completely forgotten in favor of the new swiss toy even though the faction was supposed to be about Danielson and moxleys fucked up dojo for young boys

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
Brock, Griff and Pillman Jr don't have an ounce of personality to share between them - they're just taking up space on the roster and need to be gone. I refuse to believe Brock is still there as anything more than a favour to Arn.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Oh my sweet lucha child...

Sure the first 100 times.

Lol yeah, to be fair I pretty much just watch Triple mania and that's it, so my exposure to it isn't that bad.

I wouldn't want AEW to have a ref who is always like it like he is, but I think as part of one feud until the feud is over would be pretty fun. Like Rick Knox, but actually biased to a hilariously obvious degree and not just a buffoon.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It's Monday. You know what that means. ❤️🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Flair highlights made my depression worse but glad he didn't die.

Friend, I love you. And we're here for you. ❤️

But you've gotta know, this review made my depression better. So thanks for this. 😂

I didn't realise Ric dying was a remote possibility until I heard the highlights.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQTmGkCltac

Jeeeezus.

Wow this was… something, huh?

Last edited:

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
I know the jokes beforehand were that Ric might die in the ring but it legitimately sounds like they dodged a bullet and it was a real possibility. If anyone involved in this even thinks of propping him up for another farewell match then they should be ashamed.

Wilson

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brock, Griff and Pillman Jr don't have an ounce of personality to share between them - they're just taking up space on the roster and need to be gone. I refuse to believe Brock is still there as anything more than a favour to Arn.

Accurate. AEW has too much talent now to keep garbage talent on the roster and yet Tony persists and persists.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
TK really, really needs to get a 2 hour RoH show. He can then showcase some of the people who need time to develop. Imo, the bottom of the midcard is Nese/Sydal. If a wrestler can't offer more than those guys, and I understand it's a high bar, then they shouldn't be on AEW tv. Dark or RoH for them.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Accurate. AEW has too much talent now to keep garbage talent on the roster and yet Tony persists and persists.

TK needs to get more comfortable with having his stars lose matches. Until that happens, we're gonna keep seeing talent like Varsity Blonds who are there just to eat pins on tv.

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
TK needs to get more comfortable with having his stars lose matches. Until that happens, we're gonna keep seeing talent like Varsity Blonds who are there just to eat pins on tv.
Those 3 specifically should be fed to HOOK for FTW defences then let go - hell they should have been fed to Starks weeks ago to build up the open challenge a bit more. TK has his break-through second gen star to put everything behind with HOOK - Brock and Pillman Jr are never going to be that; I mean if TK is more interested in Cole Karter of all people than Brock/Pillman/Griff then the writing has to be on the wall surely.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't this the guy that complained about his booking publicly? Guy could have had promising long career in NJPW seeing as he was a young lion.

He's also 32 already. I don't know what his immediate future in NJWP would have looked like but I can't fault him for wanting to strike out while he still has the chance.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
If Fredericks was on the way out it makes sense now why Connors was being given the big push out of that class of Young Lions. I always liked Connors more, but Fredericks seemed to be the guy most likely to come out of that group the bigger star back then.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
TK really, really needs to get a 2 hour RoH show. He can then showcase some of the people who need time to develop. Imo, the bottom of the midcard is Nese/Sydal. If a wrestler can't offer more than those guys, and I understand it's a high bar, then they shouldn't be on AEW tv. Dark or RoH for them.
Harsh but fair, both Nese and Sydal are incredible in the ring with limited promo skills (or at least that's what I've seen on screen). As for letting people go I'm not a fan of releases unless the talent requests it, so let them ride out their contracts then just don't bother re-upping it.

Who on the women's side of the roster would you put as the gatekeeper like Nese/Sydal? Ruby Soho is kind of riding that line for me right now which bums me out because I think given the right push and a tweak or two in ring she's championship material. Leyla Hirsch is the other one I'm thinking of, hope she gets healthy soon.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
It looks like they are trying to get Shafir and Skye Blue as the mid card floor but thats not great so far.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Harsh but fair, both Nese and Sydal are incredible in the ring with limited promo skills (or at least that's what I've seen on screen). As for letting people go I'm not a fan of releases unless the talent requests it, so let them ride out their contracts then just don't bother re-upping it.

Who on the women's side of the roster would you put as the gatekeeper like Nese/Sydal? Ruby Soho is kind of riding that line for me right now which bums me out because I think given the right push and a tweak or two in ring she's championship material. Leyla Hirsch is the other one I'm thinking of, hope she gets healthy soon.
The women don't get enough tv time to have a gatekeeper, but I'd say someone on the Emi Sakura level. Similar to Sydal; past her prime but can still go and is charismatic in the ring.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Dark elevation trying to see how many can be elevated at once. Still don't get what Tony is doing between dark and dark elevation. And I'm going to pretend Toni storm being on that trio is confirmation of the Rosa Baker double team betrayal wednesday.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Waves and Curls!

Was just thinking the other day that those guys would be great in AEW. They could easily get over as fuck.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
You have a women's trios match like that on Dark but not on Dynamite or Rampage as a second match.

Enjoy your next QT Marshall program though. Super worth it.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Pretend you don't want to see QT Marshall vs Cole Karter on rampage, I'm sure at least some will believe you.

giphy.gif

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
I need Cole to attack Hangman out of jealousy taking him out the running of teaming with the bucks. Then Omega comes back to help them take on Cole and REdragon.

I think it'll get there, but Hangman & The Bucks will have to clear out the tournament first. Kenny isn't going to appear/wrestle until All Out

Status
Not open for further replies.