• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Lost in this entire AEW/WWE discussion is that Triple H and Shawn Michaels are the same people they've always been, and if FTR is to be believed then the workplace culture is going to improve 0%.

Eh, FTR isn't the bearer of the absolute truth anyway. There's plenty of people that loved working with them. So I do think that the workplace culture is going to improve a lot, but there will be exceptions and those probably will have nasty stories to tell.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, FTR isn't the bearer of the absolute truth anyway. There's plenty of people that loved working with them. So I do think that the workplace culture is going to improve a lot, but there will be exceptions and those probably will have nasty stories to tell.
I wouldn't trust 3h or HBK with my life. Those kliq assholes aren't going to improve workplace culture.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
There shouldn't be exceptions. By that logic Vince shouldn't have had to step down because plenty of people loved working for him. Same with Bill DeMott (who Triple H knew was abusing people). Same with Triple H (who protected Velveteen Dream).

Also, Dax's story was literally bonding with Shawn over depression and dark thoughts and Shawn betrayed that trust to make his friends think he's cool like he's in fucking middle school.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
There shouldn't be exceptions. By that logic Vince shouldn't have had to step down because plenty of people loved working for him. Same with Bill DeMott (who Triple H knew was abusing people). Same with Triple H (who protected Velveteen Dream).

Also, Dax's story was literally bonding with Shawn over depression and dark thoughts and Shawn betrayed that trust to make his friends think he's cool like he's in fucking middle school.

There shouldn't, but there always are. There are in WWE, in AEW, and there will be everywhere. The difference between HHH and Vince is that it seems that a lot more people liked working with him than there were with Vince in the last decade. So yeah, I expect the workplace culture to improve. Not for everyone, but a 1 is higher than 0.

And yes, I know Dax's story. It sucks. Also that Adam Cole loved working with HBK. So, yeah, sometimes people are assholes to some and nice people to a lot more others.

Oct 27, 2017
Is it wrong that I kind of want Thunder Rosa to lose to a person 90% of the TV audience won't know anything about on a random Dynamite? The match is going to be great no matter what and Miyu WILL get over just off of her work there. But to win the match too would be something else.

Also if she's not world champion anymore and they keep going with the tag division on Rampage then Thunder Rosa and Toni Storm could easily be the first champions there if that stuff is leading to a tournament soon. Also Also I saw a clip of Team DMD vs Skye Blue & Ashley D'amboise. Yeah. That was pretty alright. Those kind of matches to build up the teams is super necessary. Need to see the Baddies do some more of that too when Velvet's fully healed because there's no reason any combination of them shouldn't be one of the top tag teams.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure Cole likes being in the same company as Britt, so not sure how likely it is he goes back as long as Britt is terrorizing AEW

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I'll be honest, I'd be fine if Hunter caused some of the ROH/PWG/NXT nostalgia acts to go back to WWE.

Last edited:

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
I have no interest in watching WWE, but I hope their product and culture does improve. I hope it improves for the talent that's there. I hope it improves to make it a more attractive destination for talent. AE-Dub has basically been running unopposed for its entire existence when it comes to the quality of the product. Competition is good. I want to see what TK does to respond. I want to see him be motivated to push the product forward while fostering an environment where talent can thrive.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
The road to dynamite segment from starks and Danhausen was fun. More Danhausen.

in the Dark Order.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see FTR ever leaving for WWE again. I think they'd sooner retire than go back there. Now the Young Bucks and the Undisputed Era in WWE. That could be interesting. I'm totally not saying the names of people I don't want to see anymore.

I do think the best thing for Britt Baker's career would be to go to WWE and feud with The Man or whoever their top star is these days. But I don't know if that would be the best thing for HER if you know what I mean. Like I think she's perfectly happy having time off from AEW whenever she's not in a feud with someone so she can focus on her dental practice.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That Starks and Danhousen segment was fantastic.

I will say it again but Ricky has really found himself recently and is on fire. As good as he has always been, I could sense a tiny amount of fear and uncertainty in his promos underneath all the bravado but he seems to have got passed that and is firing on all cylinders.

Danhousen is hilarious as always of course "the swearing title" 😂

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
That Starks and Danhousen segment was fantastic.

I will say it again but Ricky has really found himself recently and is on fire. As good as he has always been, I could sense a tiny amount of fear and uncertainty in his promos underneath all the bravado but he seems to have got passed that and is firing on all cylinders.

Danhousen is hilarious as always of course "the swearing title" 😂
I wonder how the match'll play out. Danhausen could go all-out for the first time, or it could be more of an angle to set up Ricky/HOOK tension. Or maybe Danhausen wins to get the title off Ricky so he can go do main event things

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
Surprising that they'd skip over the Manchester Rev Pro match after what happened there:

PAC confronted Kip! he didn't take the box off but seems like they're definitely building towards a match, possibly at All Out

The second Rev Pro match might be on next week's Dark.

Battle of the Belts is in like 2 weeks as well. That rumored match might happen there.

Joker Code

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
The only issue for AEW is the new T.V. Deal. If they are able to get a big increase in revenue like most think, they will be fine no matter what wwe does.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
So because HHH is head booker all of a sudden everyone wants to run to WWE? Because it was very well known that a lot of people really enjoyed the flexibility that AEW provides (Britt in her dental practice, Cole in his Twitch channel, etc). So while I fully expect a couple of people to bolt to WWE (MJF is the obvious one) I can still see a lot of people enjoying the freedom that an AEW contract gives you. And besides wrestling once a week is way better than 200+ days a year with all the house shows WWE runs.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
So because HHH is head booker all of a sudden everyone wants to run to WWE? Because it was very well known that a lot of people really enjoyed the flexibility that AEW provides (Britt in her dental practice, Cole in his Twitch channel, etc). So while I fully expect a couple of people to bolt to WWE (MJF is the obvious one) I can still see a lot of people enjoying the freedom that an AEW contract gives you. And besides wrestling once a week is way better than 200+ days a year with all the house shows WWE runs.
A lot of people who only worked NXT in that system don't know that grind firsthand

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
the recent events in WWE will only push AEW to improve which is cool

some people who worked with HHH a lot will be tempted to jump ship which is pretty normal but the flexibility of AEW is a good perk too

maybe this will help AEW improve its woefully mismanaged women's division

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
I've seen so many down takes on AEW and it's future all because HHH will be booking. I mean, yeah, that's good for them and I genuinely hope the product improves. I think it's a sure thing Gargano and Bray go back there. But let's see how things play out. Who knows what happens whenever they sell the company, too. I think that's a when at this point, not an if.

The worst part is it probably increases the odds of Sasha going back, too. I was hoping she would land in AEW eventually if she doesn't focus on acting full time. The women's division needs all the help it can get.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Danhausen calling himself "the inhuman suplex machine" on Road To. 😂 And then calling his "finishing maneuver: the pin." 😂😂

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen so many down takes on AEW and it's future all because HHH will be booking. I mean, yeah, that's good for them and I genuinely hope the product improves. I think it's a sure thing Gargano and Bray go back there. But let's see how things play out. Who knows what happens whenever they sell the company, too. I think that's a when at this point, not an if.

The worst part is it probably increases the odds of Sasha going back, too. I was hoping she would land in AEW eventually if she doesn't focus on acting full time. The women's division needs all the help it can get.

Thank you. HHH has barely been running the shows for a day, and it's been a nearly constant stream doom and gloom for AEW coming out of too many people's thoughts.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty hyped about tmw's dynamite card. Namely Rosa/Miyu and Danhausen winning the swearing title.

if they are only doing one women's match a night, at least this one is interesting. They have to stop doing dark tier matches on tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.